This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    Loved seeing Unnatural Selection this evening.....especially the part where Jack wants to name
    Spoiler:

the ship, "Enterprise,"

but the President won't approve it! The look Sam gives him as he walks off to join Jonas and Teal'c for a snack.....very shippy!

Ian Buchanan was one of the guest stars on Unnatural Selection (played One). He's a General Hospital alum (played Duke Lavery in the 80s and 90s), just like RDA. It got me thinking about who the most successful GH alums are. I'd have to rank them like this:

1. Demi Moore (played Jackie Templeton in the early 80s)
    2. RDA (played the original Jeff Webber in the late 70s/early 80s)
    3. John Stamos (played Blackie Parrish in the early 80s-went on to Full House and Jake in Progress)
    4. Janine Turner (played Laura Templeton in the early 80s-went on to star in Northern Exposure and Strong Medicine)

Other people have gone on to other good roles (Genie Francis, Finola Hughes, Jack Wagner), and Tony Geary is a legend in his own time even if he never does anything else (because he's supposedly the only actor in soaps with permission to adlib at will), but I can't think of any others as or more successful than Demi Moore and RDA. Can you?

If no one cares, I won't be offended, and forgive me for the OT post. Just a few rambling thoughts at the end of a busy day.....
    5. Jorja Fox (CSI, West Wing, ER, etc.)

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
      5. Jorja Fox (CSI, West Wing, ER, etc.)
      6. I also think Ricky Martin...

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by Gategirl12000
        I just wish TPTB would realize that and reward us...
        It'll be interesting to see which episodes RDA will be in next season...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by dannyluver
          "green ding"???? "red ding"???? WHAT? I have no idea what you mean...
          Green ding and Red ding refers to reputation you can give for people's posts.

If you approve, you can click on the button on the post and reward the poster with approval points.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
            Morning all! Just thought I'd pop in quickly before I head off to work. Have a good day everyone! Am planning on having a well earned sg1 dvd moment tonight but can't decide what episode to watch...anyone help??!! I'm thinking maybe season 3 (the shippier the better...obviously!), thanks in advance (am so tired I'm being very indesicive and need help!!)
            Go for Into the Fire...

Comment

Originally posted by florence
              Well, I don't want to make all of you jealous but in France, S8 boxset comes out on 16th August
              And this is what it will look like :

I know, we're lucky...
              WWWWHAT??????

*steam comes out of Mary Beth's ears*

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                Well, I don't hate him, but he's one of the reasons I don't watch Atlantis anymore.
                Man...I don't hate McKay...he's one of the FEW people that really get under Sam's skin...

That's just hilarious.

Plus it sets up for future Sam/McKay interactions...

AND NO, I don't mean shippy ones...I mean where Sam "flirts" with Rodney to throw him off his game...because he doesn't know that Ford didn't delete his confession of love for Sam in LETTERS FROM PEGASUS...and she saw it...

...and she doesn't let him know that she saw it until the end...like saying something like..."so am I still the hottest scientist you've EVER worked with, McKay???"

And then smile and walk away...with him now knowing that she saw it...

That'd be great.

Besides...Sam's more confident in herself personally because she's worked out her Jack issues and knows exactly where she stands...

(that's WITH JACK, in case you didn't figure out my position on the ship issue)

Comment

Originally posted by jay
                  i never saw mckay as a threat either but since i read a lot of fanfiction, i'll see some stories that have sam/mckay pairing which i think is just disgusting b/c i can't see sam with him at all.
                  He's the comic relief!

I mean if PETE who was engaged to Sam wasn't a threat to Jack then McKay, who's the comic relief CERTAINLY isn't...

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                    Indeed

No ofense Uber...
                    WWWHA????

DDL has sweet puppy dog eyes...

Don't confuse the idiot character he played with the gorgeous actor folks!

There was never a Sam and David DeLuise story here...

So don't boil HIM alive!!!

FCOL...

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                      Here's an idea I've been kicking around for a while:

Sam and Jack are on his pier fishing. Teal'c and Daniel have conveniently gone into town for supplies. Each is quiet, lost in his own thoughts, but Jack notices that Sam seems sad and is struggling to maintain her composure. He assumes that it's because she's missing Jacob.

He looks up at her and sees her staring at him with a bereaved expression.

Jack (gently): What's wrong?

Sam: I love you

Jack: What?

Sam: I love you, but I've messed everything up and now it's too late.
                      (She has this horrified look on her face like she knows she's completely
                      messed up her life).

Jack: Sam. . . .

Sam (with tears in her eyes): I can't believe I'm doing this. (Gets up and starts to go to the cabin).

Jack (running after her): Sam. . . . I've ALWAYS loved you.

Sam: You do?

Jack: nods

Sam: What about Kerry?

Jack: Yeah, but Sam. . . . You're the one.

They embrace in a passionate hug in which Jack lifts her off her feet. Then they curl up on the sofa in the cabin and have that long overdue, serious conversation. I haven't really worked that part out yet.
                      Work it out Sugar, I'm dying to read it!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope tptb take notice of the polls that happen here - this week we're rating Threads. Considering it was so shippy, there's not very many disapproving votes! It seem's even non-shippers appreciated it too There's still a few days of voting left, so the figs could get even more in our favour - go vote if you haven't already

What did you think of "Threads?"

VOTES PERCENT
                        Outstanding 779 82.17 %
                        Good show 126 13.29 %
                        Disappointing 30 3.16 %
                        A real stinker 13 1.37 %
                        TOTAL 948 100.00 %

Goes to show that ship does not ruin sci-fi (no matter how vocal that part of fandom is). Lets face it, Farscape has been winning major awards for the last few years, so the RST between John and Aeryn certainly did no harm there!

Now all we have to do is pursuade tptb
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                          I hope tptb take notice of the polls that happen here - this week we're rating Threads. Considering it was so shippy, there's not very many disapproving votes! It seem's even non-shippers appreciated it too There's still a few days of voting left, so the figs could get even more in our favour - go vote if you haven't already

What did you think of "Threads?"

VOTES PERCENT
                          Outstanding 779 82.17 %
                          Good show 126 13.29 %
                          Disappointing 30 3.16 %
                          A real stinker 13 1.37 %
                          TOTAL 948 100.00 %

Goes to show that ship does not ruin sci-fi (no matter how vocal that part of fandom is). Lets face it, Farscape has been winning major awards for the last few years, so the RST between John and Aeryn certainly did no harm there!

Now all we have to do is pursuade tptb
                          HOWEVER, I hated the 60 minute version. First they removed the cellphone scene the "Go pick flowers" scene...

They didn't show how she was in the car, how the mood between Pete and Sam had become much more forced (whereas they seemed comfortable to me in Chimera and Affinity, I sensed nothing but her apprehension in Threads)...they didn't show the last straw (the house)...

They basically mutilated it and took out the pieces that showed where Sam's mind was heading...

So Hated 60 minute version...LOVED 90 minute one...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            HOWEVER, I hated the 60 minute version. First they removed the cellphone scene the "Go pick flowers" scene...

They didn't show how she was in the car, how the mood between Pete and Sam had become much more forced (whereas they seemed comfortable to me in Chimera and Affinity, I sensed nothing but her apprehension in Threads)...they didn't show the last straw (the house)...

They basically mutilated it and took out the pieces that showed where Sam's mind was heading...

So Hated 60 minute version...LOVED 90 minute one...

((((Uber)))) I sooo agree with you .... the 60 minute suck .... I only have that since when I was trying to tape the original 90 minutes, my recording machine decided to go on stirke .... weeeeps

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              He's the comic relief!

I mean if PETE who was engaged to Sam wasn't a threat to Jack then McKay, who's the comic relief CERTAINLY isn't...
                              a potatoe and a clown a threat to our Jack ....never ... FCOL

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                                Well, I don't want to make all of you jealous but in France, S8 boxset comes out on 16th August
                                And this is what it will look like :
                                http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P...8.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I know, we're lucky...
                                I am soooo sooo soooo soooo JEALOUS

Comment

Working...
                                X