Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry 147, but i like MacKay. I find him quite funny and I feel he has matured slightly since his time on SG1. He's still full of himself but that's what makes him funny.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest
      I'm worried that from comments from the producers/writers that they'll leave us hanging in their efforts to please everyone. I wish they would take a poll to see who's really watching. I can't imagine that the grumps who claim they can't see a relationship and that we shippers are making it all up -- I can't believe their numbers can come near ours. Even the director's comments on the dvd's will sometimes imply that we came up with this on our own. Liars! They wrote it, we just watch it.

I thought they did a kind of poll or a set of questions last year about what the fans wanted to see in the show . I saw the report on the net probably on the Sam and Jack shipper thread !!!! and the top one was Sam and Jack together .

There were also some really funny demands like somebody mentionned that he would like to see Sam in a bikini . Does somebody remember where all those questions and answers are ?!!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest
        I don't trust the writers after hearing their comments on the dvds special features "this will never be the Sam & Jack show". Not that we're asking for that -- I enjoy all of the characters and plot but...they alway seem to manage to make it very vague as if they're afraid of offending the ship-haters.
        Spoiler:
        and at the time that Jack told Sam "always" for being there, Sam didn't know he'd split with Kerry. Forgive me I still love him but I'm startng to get a bit peeved with Jack. (And the writers)

Exactly Stargate will never be the Sam and Jack show like any other hit series I watched so far ...but the ship in a series is apparently what makes it so popular .
        Look at JAG , it's not the Harm and Mac show because there are other reasons why fans watch the show ( 10 seasons). ...the war stories are great, the court cases are great and also all the other character interpersonnal relationships are interesting . I think the blend of all those things is very important in a hit show .

Stargate was a hit show until season 6 , then the poor introduction of Pete for a love interest for Sam was badly handled .
        If they wanted to give her a love interest , they really should have made it from the inside of the mythology like Agent Barrett was a perfect candidiate to threaten the Sam and Jack relationship, plus everybody ( the fans) seemed to like him .

When Jag decided to give the CIA guy Webb as a boyfriend to Mac , it was a good idea because he was a great threat to Harm and Mac relationship but the story he was in was still exciting . Webb seemed to be a nice guy to start with ,who loved Mac but because of the nature of his job , he was never around and to hide that, he lied to her so that he could keep her forever . he knew that Harm was always around Mac and she could go to him anytime for comfort .

Well if TPTB Stargate did something like that , a bit more mythology driven about Sam's love interest ( not another alien though) then it would have been interesting . Also to have a episode like "Affinity" about Pete
        Spoiler:
        giving a ring to Sam
        was such a lame plot . We could have just heard that
        Spoiler:
        he was thinking about proposing mariage but not actually seeing the item
        .What a waste of 5 minutes of screen time .

Now with RDA out or mostly, episode 1 and 3 and Amanda appearing too after episode 8 , they are still making another huge mistake to not have the 2 most popular characters on screen together and I'm not talking about ship only but just the fact that talking about work to each other would be just great to see . ..and all Jack would have to say is call her "Sam" and give her a little kiss good bye to exit SG1 , then the ship is rolling in the background and Sam can get on with her colonel position with Teal'c and Daniel and all the new characters . All she has to do next is to mention Jack from time to time as her future husband . it should not be too much to handle for the ship haters because first we won't see much of it and second season 10 will be action driven anyway so you could just hear it ( the ship or references to Jack ) if you wanted too .

Then obviously TPTB really need to give closure to what they started at the first place , not the shippers and make sure Sam and Jack are reunited on screen for the finale either seeing them at a big SGC party right in the last episode , Jack holding Sam very close, smiling at each other . The big honkin kiss would be a bonus then if it's not the last picture we see before the fade to black . I think the kiss could just be a thing part of the SGC party , Teal'c would have Ishta with him too, Daniel probably with Vala ( shame it won't be Sara/Osiris)..ect...All couple should kiss on screen and have the same amount of kissing time ...and all the kisses should be different ....

..... we see all those couples together so that all fans who ship for one of them are happy and that's all ..The party gets going , everybody is happy , (General hammond is there too ....and Cassie ).....fade to black .....and the world is safe until the movie !!! If no movie it would still be a good closure for everybody ....and no season 10.

Caty
        Last edited by Catysg1; 22 June 2005, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Okay...I'll let you have RDA...but Paul McGillion's mine...

http://www.paulmcgillion.com/paul_mcgillion_altshot.jpg

*Deeeeeeep sigh*

<snip>

Ah but MB...you forget...

PAUL KISSED ME!!!!!!!!!!!

so back off...or do I have to get tough
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Aloha!

Happy to see at the potato mashing that's been away from this thread for a while....

Oh Oh Oh! There's a great advert on the TV about potatos (lol)

Firstly, someone's golfing, using a potato as a golf ball...they swing the club and the potato smashes into smithereens.

Then, there's someone trying to make a sail boat out of a potato...they stick a flag in the top of it and then 'launch it'...it sinks!

Has anyone seen this advert????
            sigpic

Comment

Hmm...I found this to be quite interesting

SPOILERS
              http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/901_11.shtml

read the cation at the bottom of the picture.
              sigpic

Comment

hmmmm, oh my..... fingers crossed for a good shippy decision!

I haven't been around here much lately To be honest I just got so sick of the whole ship catastrophe in season 8 (I refer to how TPTB dealt with not just S-J, but the sickening (IMHO) focus on toooo much ship (Pete - gag me!) and personal stuff), and with RDA essentially gone in s9 I figured "what's the point?"
                I'll always have my shippy inclinations, but I don't trust them to do it right, they have too many fan factions to pacify, and honestly (this will sound harsh ), I just can't be bothered emotionally investing myself in something I don't believe will ever happen on screen. I feel like one of those slinkie spring things that's been yanked on hard by a ham-fisted 2 year old and just doesn't bounce back the way it used to.....

So, I'll be around the ship thread, but mostly very quiet, unless TPTB do something completely wonderful and unexpected and I just HAVE to share the joy with my ship family *hugs family* I do plan to watch season 9, for now I just think I'll try and enjoy the show for other reasons - ie. not ship.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  Hmm...I found this to be quite interesting

SPOILERS
                  http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/901_11.shtml

read the cation at the bottom of the picture.
                  I thought it was a wonderful picture plus the caption certainly did give one reason to hope that we would get insight on to what Jack is feeling.
                  -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                    I thought it was a wonderful picture plus the caption certainly did give one reason to hope that we would get insight on to what Jack is feeling.
                    or maybe someone is guessing that is what Jack is contemplating. No question he is pensive-that much is evident-but i tend to believe that i will believe it when i see it.
                    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                      If they wanted to give her a love interest , they really should have made it from the inside of the mythology like Agent Barrett was a perfect candidiate to threaten the Sam and Jack relationship, plus everybody ( the fans) seemed to like him.
                      Not to mention Barret is MUCH better looking than Pete

But kiwi, we can still dream here! We can at least imagine what we want to happen! I've been thinking of how I want Sam to FINALLY tell Jack she loves him... and I've come up with something. But I can't post it right now, b/c I have other stuff to do then I have to get to work by about 8:15 or 8:20.

Oh! I have another Pete-bashing pic... here. Please ignore the text on the pic, I saw it at the top of the page and HAD to use it, and with Paint I can't get rid of it. NOTE: This is one of the few reasons that I would EVER actually compliment McKay. So don't get used to it. Besides, it's not like he'd ever do any of the other reasons. He likes Sam too much.
                      Last edited by jack_n_sam147; 22 June 2005, 07:15 AM.

I'd do anything
                      Just to hold you in my arms
                      Try to make you laugh
                      Somehow I can't put you in the past
                      Jack and Sam Forever
                      || ||

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                        Sorry, 147, Mary - I LOVE MCKAY! He's just sooooooo funny! I love the way Sam keeps slapping him down in SG-1, and in Atlantis his character has become really great - he's definitely on a journey of discovery there! Anyone see Letters from Pegasus! McKay is hysterical in that He
                        Spoiler:
                        rapsodhises over Sam and says he still thinks she's hot
                        and it is just the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

And what makes it all the sweeter is knowing that Sam's with Jack - well, no contest. Poor Rodney
                        Well, imagine
                        Spoiler:
                        when it actually gets through;
                        Walter; Sir, do you want to review the Atlantis transmission before distribution?

O'Neill; Sure.

<MacKay>; blah...blah...blah...Sam Carter...blah

-O'Neill hits 'DELETE FILE'-

O'Neill; Thats solves that problem.

-I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
                        -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
                        -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Originally posted by An Ancient
                          Well, imagine
                          Spoiler:
                          when it actually gets through;
                          Walter; Sir, do you want to review the Atlantis transmission before distribution?

O'Neill; Sure.

<MacKay>; blah...blah...blah...Sam Carter...blah

-O'Neill hits 'DELETE FILE'-

O'Neill; Thats solves that problem.

I'd say that that is a very real possibility.
                          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I hope to God that the reason Jack is considering leaving his possition at the SGC is to take Kerry's advice! If these writers screw us over one more time, I'll stop watching! Thay act afraid teh offend the non shippers, but what about the shippers... is there anyone more devoted to the show then us? Anyone more involved? Read our fanfiction... hell, read our forum! We've been here since C.o.t.G and the armwrestling banter... we've seen plenty of AU relationships and AT kisses (then some), and now that RDA's going to be gone, can't they just have him leave in a capacity that will satisfy us? It's not like the anti-ship peoplewill have to see them together every episode! I think we deserve something more than suggestive, AU and AT hints at romance! (Ok, I'm venting and I know it... I also know it's just a show -my family reminds me enough- but I think we deserve something because we waited loyally for eight years and enough is enough!)

Comment

It won't take that much screen time to satisfy us completely. Why can't they just go ahead and give it to us??? MAN!

step through the gate of sam/jack shippiness!!!
                              my rantings and ravings

Share the love!

Comment

Originally posted by dannyluver
                                It won't take that much screen time to satisfy us completely. Why can't they just go ahead and give it to us??? MAN!
                                because that would mean making a *committment* and lord knows why on earth would they want to do that? being vague and unfocused and wishwashy has gotten them this far-and they intend to continue in that direction. they have the remarkable ability to avoid consequences for behavior and continuity in general.
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X