Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WELCOME singergirl, Magna Defender, Divcon, jack_n_sam147, RamonaThePest!!!!!!

Originally posted by jack_n_sam147
    Kerry? huh? Who's that?
    She was in the ep.
    Spoiler:
    threads she wa Jack's girlfriend for 1 ep. Wouldn't have minded that for Chimera!

Comment

Didn't mean to "spoil" anything for anyone. How do you do the blank out spoiler but "highlight here"thingee?
      sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest
        I'm worried that from comments from the producers/writers that they'll leave us hanging in their efforts to please everyone. I wish they would take a poll to see who's really watching. I can't imagine that the grumps who claim they can't see a relationship and that we shippers are making it all up -- I can't believe their numbers can come near ours. Even the director's comments on the dvd's will sometimes imply that we came up with this on our own. Liars! They wrote it, we just watch it.
        I'm not sure what they're thinking either. I know that part of the motivation in keeping Sam/Jack apart it is driven by ratings and the more they drag us along, with all the frustration, they think that high ratings will continue. We also are glued to our sets waiting for any tiny tidbit of ship. They know that. I also think that they try and please everyone--a good thought--but they are somewhat misguided on what the repercussions would be should they put them together. There are all sorts of opinions--one being that if Sam and Jack were openly together that it would ruin the show (a theory, I personally do not agree with). Other SG-1 fans think that there should be no ship within a scifi show (another theory I do not agree with).

Irregardless of what happens in S9 (and I hope that they will show us something), I'll keep watching. I started watching SG-1 for the great storylines and interpersonal relationships between the main characters. The fact that I became hooked on the Sam/Jack ship is just a terrific added bonus.
        -girlgater

Comment

Oh! Yes, very glad she left! It seems that ep is "The One..." I mean, looking back at it now, the writers certainly make it seem so!
          Spoiler:
          I mean, with Carter breaking up with Pete and Jack breaking up with Kerry, and the whole, "Thanks for being there/ always" thing, it seems like it's The One... where one of 'em quits the Air Force and they live happily ever after. But I suppose that would be better for a Season finale... :sigh:

I'd do anything
          Just to hold you in my arms
          Try to make you laugh
          Somehow I can't put you in the past
          Jack and Sam Forever
          || ||

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
            I'm not sure what they're thinking either. I know that part of the motivation in keeping Sam/Jack apart it is driven by ratings and the more they drag us along, with all the frustration, they think that high ratings will continue. We also are glued to our sets waiting for any tiny tidbit of ship. They know that. I also think that they try and please everyone--a good thought--but they are somewhat misguided on what the repercussions would be should they put them together. There are all sorts of opinions--one being that if Sam and Jack were openly together that it would ruin the show (a theory, I personally do not agree with). Other SG-1 fans think that there should be no ship within a scifi show (another theory I do not agree with).

Irregardless of what happens in S9 (and I hope that they will show us something), I'll keep watching. I started watching SG-1 for the great storylines and interpersonal relationships between the main characters. The fact that I became hooked on the Sam/Jack ship is just a terrific added bonus.
            Relationships are a part of life and since this show has stayed around for the long haul -- what do people expect? I'm not a sap who just has to have a happy ending (althought that would be best), but what ever happened to CLOSURE??? I mean, even if Jack would just explain to Sam that he feels he has nothing to give cause of Charlie he never wants a family/attachments again -- SOMETHING! I can't see how they'll resolve this since I've been watching a lot of sites and all of the producers keep saying RDA will "hopefully" be in Season 9 but so far in all the articles and synopsis of the Season 9 episodes that I've seen -- he's not scheduled to be. Has anyone heard that he will definitely be in Season 9?

Comment

Oh! Yes, very glad she left! It seems that ep is "The One..." I mean, looking back at it now, the writers certainly make it seem so!
              Spoiler:
              I mean, with Carter breaking up with Pete and Jack breaking up with Kerry, and the whole, "Thanks for being there/ always" thing, it seems like it's The One... where one of 'em quits the Air Force and they live happily ever after. But I suppose that would be better for a Season finale... :sigh:
              I want to respond, but I don't know how to hide my spoiler. Can you help/advise?

Comment

Didn't mean to "spoil" anything for anyone. How do you do the blank out spoiler but "highlight here"thingee?
                You can find instructions on how to post spoilers, pictures, etc. under Off Topic/About the Forum. Basically you type in the word with a left bracket spoilers right bracket, then your spoiler. Then type left bracket /spoilers right bracket. Everything in between the spoilers and /spoilers is hidden unless you highlight it. You can click on preview post to be sure that what you want to be hidden is hidden. It's hard to give instructions without the instructions themselves being hidden. When I talk about brackets, with "text" being put instead of spoiler(s), here is what it should look like:

[text] blah, blah, blah [/text] Just substitute spoilers for text. Hope that helps.
                -girlgater

Comment

Thanks girlgator

Comment

Relationships are a part of life and since this show has stayed around for the long haul -- what do people expect? I'm not a sap who just has to have a happy ending (althought that would be best), but what ever happened to CLOSURE??? I mean, even if Jack would just explain to Sam that he feels he has nothing to give cause of Charlie he never wants a family/attachments again -- SOMETHING! I can't see how they'll resolve this since I've been watching a lot of sites and all of the producers keep saying RDA will "hopefully" be in Season 9 but so far in all the articles and synopsis of the Season 9 episodes that I've seen -- he's not scheduled to be. Has anyone heard that he will definitely be in Season 9?
                    You'd think that they would treat this relationship as what it is...an adult relationship. It's not some immature, puppy love kind of feelings for each other. It's also not sexual since they haven't even kissed in their reality with both aware! Their relationship has evolved into LOVE.

There are spoilers out there that say that
                    Spoiler:
                    RDA will be in 3 or so episodes in S9. The thing that has most shippers worried is that thus far he has been reported to be appearing in episodes that would be filmed before Amanda returned.
                    That's why everyone is hoping for a phone conversation or at least one of them referencing the other.
                    -girlgater

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I don't trust the writers after hearing their comments on the dvds special features "this will never be the Sam & Jack show". Not that we're asking for that -- I enjoy all of the characters and plot but...they alway seem to manage to make it very vague as if they're afraid of offending the ship-haters.
                      Spoiler:
                      and at the time that Jack told Sam "always" for being there, Sam didn't know he'd split with Kerry. Forgive me I still love him but I'm startng to get a bit peeved with Jack. (And the writers)

Comment

Hey, hey, hey... please no need to panic , why is there no closure?, easy, as majorsal says...

Because the ship and the show ain't over yet!

I went back a couple of pages to retrieve this post and it has given me the peace to look up S9 with expectation .

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                        However, I have to agree also with majorsal, who keeps telling us, "This ship ain't over by a long shot!" In my wildest dreams, I can't conceive of RDA denying us the pleasure of seeing him come back to REALLY wrap up Jack's storyline with Sam.....even if we don't see him again until the last few episodes of the series! And majorsal knows RDA better than anyone, don't you, Sally (wink, wink)?
                        RDA has filmed scenes in eps 1 & 3 so far, that's a fact and of course as I mentioned before, we all know that he will come back at the end of the season for his wedding with Sam

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                          Hey, hey, hey... please no need to panic , why is there no closure?, easy, as majorsal says...

I went back a couple of pages to retrieve this post and it has given me the peace to look up S9 with expectation .

RDA has filmed scenes in eps 1 & 3 so far, that's a fact and of course as I mentioned before, we all know that he will come back at the end of the season for his wedding with Sam
                          Well, on that positive note -- this was my first time posting and I enjoyed the discussion. Going to sleep now. Goodnight all.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK

RDA will hopefully be back in 4!!! Remember what Token said...
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=4641

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
                              RDA will hopefully be back in 4!!! Remember what Token said...
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=4641
                              That's true I had forgotten that!!!! We should always keep these post around, thanks Cassie, now I will definitly go to bed with a smile

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

WELCOME NEWBIES!!!

24 DAYS until SEASON 9 PREMIERE on JULY 15
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X