This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terrarin
    Also on Reckoning 2: Just watched it again, second time tonight and I am so disturbed about the final scene. Can anyone make me feel better???? I'm talking about the way that he spoke to her. Why did he tune her out without ? It just seemed mean to me and I know she was hurt. I know he was upset about Daniel, but the WAY he said 'anything else?' was so condescending and dismissive. Did you see that disappointed look on her face?

Reminder of scene:
    """""O'NEILL: Anything else?
    CARTER: No, sir.
    (Jack nods and starts doing some paperwork. Sam waits for a moment, then wanders out of the room.""")

She was trying to talk to him for comfort...that 'always' thing, you know. He acted clueless and if I were her, I would have left thinking I was stupid to have any hope left for a romantic relationship.
    He was so dismissive with her because:

A. Once again, both of them had almost died saving the planet without ever having acted on their feelings for each other. He's been in constant turmoil over that for some time.

B. He knew she was dating and he was trying to hold her at arm's length, so she wouldn't know how much that relationship was hurting him. At this point, he didn't think she had feelings for him anymore. Jack's best defense (besides his P-90) is sarcasm.

Jack, Jack, don't leave us!

(Oops!--Just lost it again for a moment--Sorry!!!)

Originally posted by majorsal
    spoilers for s7, s8, and spoiler/speculation for s9

i have to say, i really like the way you're thinking with this. sam and jack have almost lost each other to death, but they've never faced simply losing one another to another person. they were both out of their leagues in how to handle it. it's like it was a foe they didn't know how to fight. kerry and pete were just as deadly to their relationship as when they faced one another behind that force field.

so pete and kerry's purpose was to show us true love prevails. (and how close sam and jack almost came to losing one another) pete and kerry (erasing pete's second half behavior in chimera) were basically good partners, but not good enough to forget their soul mates waiting in the wings.

true love prevailed!!!

sally
    Yes, and Sally, I like the way you're thinking too. Especially that first paragraph. He had never faced the possibility of losing her to something as ordinary as another person. He didn't know how to handle it. Once he started seeing Kerry, she didn't know how to handle it either.

Comment

"Oh, pretty colors ! I wonder which one lonely_star would prefer for her birthday..."

"A crystal for birthday gift ? I'm not sure it's a good idea Sam... And please, let's finish this shopping trip soon, we have nicer things to do instead"

"Really ? What ?"

"Carter, I thought you were the one thinking in the team... Well, it seems you need a little reminder..."

"Something like this !"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LONELY_STAR !
      Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

(((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY)))))))))))))))

Boy have I missed you guys! Unfortunately still at the library and it's gonna be about a week before the computer is fixed

Happy Birthday Marion! Sorry I missed your birthday. I've made you a pic to say sorry, and I'll post it as soon as I can.

Welcome to the new Family Members Always good to have more shippers! Post lots!

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

A. Once again, both of them had almost died saving the planet without ever having acted on their feelings for each other. He's been in constant turmoil over that for some time.

B. He knew she was dating and he was trying to hold her at arm's length, so she wouldn't know how much that relationship was hurting him. At this point, he didn't think she had feelings for him anymore. Jack's best defense (besides his P-90) is sarcasm.
        Spoiler:
        Don't forget the look on Jack's face when Sam leaves the office - you can see how much it hurt him to treat her like that.
        Victims of circumstance is my take on that little scene.
        sigpic

Comment

hey guys!!
          thanks Cassie, Lol4jack (hum...this cake was awesome! I hope you all took a piece of it!! it's not the passion jello stuff but it's not bad either with diet docshipper it's pretty good ), Rogue !! wow love your pic!!! thanks so much I wish I had green for you , SG-1 fanintn, Gatebee , Flo !! I loved it!! I'd loved the blue crystal but Jack is right they have best things to do , Oma

thank you guys, I had a great day with family and friends and ate good french chocolate cake...let's go back to business

SamFan, great banners, love the shippy ones and the AU are great too! well actually I love them all

about the reckoning thing I think it was
          Spoiler:
          a self preservation thing for Jack again; Oma you're right about this look on his face once she's gone, he's hurt too and I think that's something to do with Daniel's dissaperance too, not only Sam and

Lol4Jack, you're definitely a shipper

Comment

Originally posted by Terrarin
            Also on Reckoning 2: Just watched it again, second time tonight and I am so disturbed about the final scene. Can anyone make me feel better???? I'm talking about the way that he spoke to her. Why did he tune her out without ? It just seemed mean to me and I know she was hurt. I know he was upset about Daniel, but the WAY he said 'anything else?' was so condescending and dismissive. Did you see that disappointed look on her face?

Reminder of scene:
            """""O'NEILL: Anything else?
            CARTER: No, sir.
            (Jack nods and starts doing some paperwork. Sam waits for a moment, then wanders out of the room.""")

She was trying to talk to him for comfort...that 'always' thing, you know. He acted clueless and if I were her, I would have left thinking I was stupid to have any hope left for a romantic relationship.
            Yeah, I love Reckoning II except for the last part. With Threads following this ep,
            Spoiler:
            it makes me wonder why Sam would go talk to Jack after the way he just treated her? She was having doubts before about his feeling for her and the way he treated her at the end of Reckoning would have just confirmed her doubts.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Hi guys! Miss talking, buthave been very busy. I think I found something real interesting in Divide and Conquer! I saw it this mornining and even my twelve year old daughter saw it, so everyone who has the DVD and a player with slow down mode please check it out! Tell me that I'm nuts! I think our ship came in years ago and we missed it (mybe I just missed it)! In the scene when Jack and Sam are being retested and the moment she tells him to go and he yells no--there is a moment when they are looking into each others eyes real close--slow down that portion of the show and look at RDA's mouth and see if you can read what he is saying! It's not heavy breathing! If everyone else knows what I'm talking about ignore my ignorance but if you didn't see it, run don't walk to the nearest DVD player. Let me know if I'm crazy!
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe TPTB have learned from their mistakes in SG-1 such that ships in SGA will not be as long and drawn out and horribly miserable as they have been in SG-1. I think they most apparent and likely ship is that between Weir and Sheppard (as you can tell from my signature), and as one of them is civilian and the other military, they actually have a chance at being able to form a relationship. This gives me alot of hope. Plus, I feel TPTB are shippier with Weir/Shep than they are with Sam/Jack in season 1.

And we can only hope that this 'repenting for mistakes' carries over into SG-1 in season 9.

Comment

florence, that little sequence you created is hilarious! Very clever and it made me grin widely.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                    Hi guys! Miss talking, buthave been very busy. I think I found something real interesting in Divide and Conquer! I saw it this mornining and even my twelve year old daughter saw it, so everyone who has the DVD and a player with slow down mode please check it out! Tell me that I'm nuts! I think our ship came in years ago and we missed it (mybe I just missed it)! In the scene when Jack and Sam are being retested and the moment she tells him to go and he yells no--there is a moment when they are looking into each others eyes real close--slow down that portion of the show and look at RDA's mouth and see if you can read what he is saying! It's not heavy breathing! If everyone else knows what I'm talking about ignore my ignorance but if you didn't see it, run don't walk to the nearest DVD player. Let me know if I'm crazy!
                    Well, I finished watching the ep again on DVD and he does do something with his mouth. I'd like to think that he says something--anything--while he thinks that they may both die, but I'm just not sure.
                    -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                      Me, too! Me, too! I thought I was seeing things and I never mentioned it. But, I swear it looks like he is saying "love you." BTW, in There But for the Grace of God, did anyone hear the AU General Jack say "I love you" to AU Dr. Sam Carter when they hugged before he took the video to First Prime Teal'c?

Trupi, I hope we're not hallucinating!! Seems pretty harmless if we are! Hee, hee!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

That's how I saw it too. It didn't seem to me that he was putting her off personally so much as he was just putting the situation in a professional context as General to Colonel.

She is engaged and he's seeing Kerry, so I think his behavior was that of someone who's trying very hard to move on. And as we all know, they both fail completely at their misguided attempts to live without each other.

sigpic
                        s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Hello all. I got a few things I want ot say.
                          To all the shippers whose b-days I missed: HAPPY BELATED B-DAY!! ((((lonely_star and every1 else... ))))
                          To Florence: I loved those fotos you put up.
                          S
                          P
                          O
                          I
                          L
                          E
                          R
                          S
                          O
                          F
                          S
                          E
                          A
                          S
                          O
                          N
                          As 2 the discussion of Reckoning p. 2: at the end scene, Jack ddid seem kinda mean to Sam, didn't he?
                          Originally Posted by sg-1fanintn

B. He knew she was dating and he was trying to hold her at arm's length, so she wouldn't know how much that relationship was hurting him. At this point, he didn't think she had feelings for him anymore. Jack's best defense (besides his P-90) is sarcasm
                          Originally posted by sugarshaker
                          She is engaged and he's seeing Kerry, so I think his behavior was that of someone who's trying very hard to move on. And as we all know, they both fail completely at their misguided attempts to live without each other.
                          I agree with both sg-1fanintn and sugarshaker.
                          I'd also like to add the maybe the frustration of Daniel probably being dead and narrowly escaping the destruction of the universe, he was most likely to tired to deal with Sam.Because,when dealing with Sam, he has to deal with his feelings for her. And maybe he just wasn't up to it. You have to take into consideration the fact that he DID look like he felt really bad about treating her that way.

I'm know I'm probably just repeating what's been said here but I just want to make it clear to myself.
                          shippy XOXO
                          Laura aka sgg23
                          I'm a Teenage,Scifi Friday-loving,Sam+Jack Shipper Gurl I am a shippy shipper chockfull of shippy shipperness having shippy shipper dreams!!
                          Sam+Jack 4 ever!!!I love Hayden Christensen!!May 19th: Sith Happens!!Can't wait till July! I LOVE RED JELLO,just like Jack...!!

Kinsey:[on S/J]Oh I believe there's a lot more to this than we've been told. Well, of course I hardly expect them to incriminate themselves in their own reports.But we can all read between the lines* -Kinsey, Innauguration
                          *1st and only time I agree with Kinsey

Replicarter: There are two of us.
                          Jack: If only...
                          (Sam looks at him. He clears his throat quietly.) -Replicarter and Jack, Gemini

The land of "lilipu" is an amazing land where I go to think about Sam and Jack being a couple, their future wedding,what their kids will look like... So now it's my own private shippy-world.All shippers invited!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ses110

In D&C back in Season 4 after Jack admitted his feelings for Sam I actually though Sam and Jack were on there way to getting together.I was way of Base on that one.
                            You know, I thought I was the only one. When Sam said she wanted to leave it in the room, I didn't think she meant to drop it altogether; I thought she meant let's just not get on the PA and announce it to the whole base. I thought that they would continue to explore their feelings in subsequent episodes and perhaps eventually make the changes necessary to remove her from his direct command and use her in another capacity at the SGC.

I remember watching the next expisode (I think it was the one with the underwater stargate) and then the next episode and the next and wondering what the heck happened? Why did they drop it? When I first came onto GW I found out what "leave it in the room" really meant. It seemed as if everyone else picked up on it right away. I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic.

sigpic
                            s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Hi guys, I just finished a vid... it has a couple of ship moments in it, so you get first look (that plus I don't know if there is a dedicated thread for vids here). Enjoy and please comment;

https://www.babilon5.vipserv.org/an_...Final_0001.wmv
                              -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
                              -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
                              -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                                You know, I thought I was the only one. When Sam said she wanted to leave it in the room, I didn't think she meant to drop it altogether; I thought she meant let's just not get on the PA and announce it to the whole base. I thought that they would continue to explore their feelings in subsequent episodes and perhaps eventually make the changes necessary to remove her from his direct command and use her in another capacity at the SGC.

I remember watching the next expisode (I think it was the one with the underwater stargate) and then the next episode and the next and wondering what the heck happened? Why did they drop it? When I first came onto GW I found out what "leave it in the room" really meant. It seemed as if everyone else picked up on it right away. I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic.
                                Window of Opportunity was the episode after D & C. WoO was another really shippy episode. I knew after D & C and then WoO that they were definitely going to get together. After WoO came Watergate. The only shippy thing I could really pick up on that episode was that Sam tells the Russian lady that Jack is actually being "quite charming."

I'd love to know what TPTB were thinking in getting them so close to being together and then to pull them apart for 4 more years. It's madness, simply madness to keep them apart. Of course, their excuse would probably be that if they were an open couple then it would have ruined the show. Idiots. I don't see it that way. I started watching because SG1 was a good scifi show--then I got hooked on the ship between Sam and Jack. It would have only added to the show. I'm not saying they had to get them fully together--they could have kept it slow--but not 4 more years.
                                -girlgater

Comment

Working...
                                X