This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sugarshaker
    This weekend as I was getting out some DVD's, I came across an old TV Guide from the beginning of season 7 that had RDA and MS on the cover. In it, RCC was quoted as saying that one of the developments of s7 would be that

"Sam and Jack will get closer" followed by "Nudge, nudge" from the TV Guide writers.

Well, in s7 there were some definite shippy moments, but more significantly Sam decided to move on in Grace and we all know what happened in Chimera. At the end of s7 I felt that S/J were no closer than they had been the last couple of years.

Then s8 starts off as if nothing happened between S/J in s7, plus Sam gets engaged to ! To me RCC's statement was false advertising. If he's saying positive things now, I'd take them with a grain of salt.
    I've thought a lot about that interview too. I wondered if someone from TV Guide saw some previews (maybe Grace with the big hot imaginary kiss), and drew the wrong conclusion (that it was reality). Or, maybe that was TPTB's plan at the first of the season. Then, when they found out they were renewed for S8, they changed their minds. But in retrospect, yes, I agree that the interview seemed deceiving.

Comment

I'm HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hooray!!!!!!!

It's sooo good to be back!!!! (even though I'm a year older ) ((((((((Shipper Family))))))))) I'm all rested and ready for the next season of Shipper Rollercoaster Heck!!

Thanks Watters87, Bev, wynter, sg-1fanintn, Grace O'Neill, florence, Emilee, girlgater, ShimmeringStar, and Oma for all the WONDERFUL birthday wishes!!!!! I had a GREAT birthday! It's was tiring but GREAT!! I think it was a little too much for Rick!

I have enjoyed catching up on all the posts! You definitely didn't disappoint me!! Pictorial tributes, fanfic, Shipper jello, Latin lessons, Shippy moments!!! (((((((Shipper Family))))))) I seem to be getting all weepy! It must be old age or hormones or that this is just the best darn Family any where!!!!!!!!!!

Token ~

Comment

Just wanted to say a quick Congrats to Amanda Tapping for getting a Leo!!! And here's the shippy part......she got it for her performance in THREADS!!!! Listen up TPTB!!! Even the Leo committe gets the ship!!!!!
        Heidi
        Jack and Sam=Grace

JOHN AND AERYN 4 EVER

HENRY AND HELEN=MORE THAN ABNORMAL

Comment

Ya Know....I just loved the US replay of the ep the other night....great the name is escaping me....where S/J are with Jacob....and Jack says - I distinctly recall someone saying we weren't going to make it out of this....and the ending to that whole scene is Jacob having the last word "What and give up the last chance I might ever have of being right?!" And Sam looks at Jack, walks by and says 'Welcome to MY LIFE.'

It was a great scene....a great way to break in a possible son-in-law!

S

Comment

Hello Family!

I just watched Death Knell, again. Every time I watch it, I just have to rewatch that shippy scene at least twice. I am sure you all know which scene I am talking about
            The look in Jack's eyes and the softness of his voice is so passionate when he offers her to get up. After they both sit down, it looks like he is really trying to say something to her. He keeps on opening his mouth and holding himself back, until he finally offers for her to rest on his shoulder... Ohhh... so shippy... I have goosebumps

And I just love that Teal'c gets the ship. He just stands there giving them their privacy.

I wonder what they talked about after the camera panned out... It just looked like Jack was telling Sam something...

Comment

Originally posted by Grace O'Neill
              Hello Family!

I just watched Death Knell, again. Every time I watch it, I just have to rewatch that shippy scene at least twice. I am sure you all know which scene I am talking about
              The look in Jack's eyes and the softness of his voice is so passionate when he offers her to get up. After they both sit down, it looks like he is really trying to say something to her. He keeps on opening his mouth and holding himself back, until he finally offers for her to rest on his shoulder... Ohhh... so shippy... I have goosebumps

And I just love that Teal'c gets the ship. He just stands there giving them their privacy.

I wonder what they talked about after the camera panned out... It just looked like Jack was telling Sam something...
              That is my favorite shippy moment. We are currently watching the S7 DVDs, can't wait to get to that ep. We just watched Lifeboat.YAWN.

How much better would S8 would be if they actually got Sam and Jack together after S7? IMO, it would have actually be enjoyable to watch. Could have done it if they wanted to. If there is a will, there is a way.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Hello Shipper Family!!!I'm really sorry I haven't posted(trust me when I say really sorry) Ihaven't had time,what with schoola nd projects ans extra-curricular activities and....I've felt such a need for shipping,it feels great to be back.
                Back to bussiness:Yesterday I saw Shades of Grey.I never realized that was a (@ least minorly) shippy episode.
                Spoiler for Shades of Grey:
                ................................................................................ ........................

................................................................................ ........................

................................................................................ .......................There's a part were Jack is heading towards Hammonds office and he meets up with Sam and they say:

Sam:Well,sir,with respect,you haven't exactly been acting like yourself.
                Jack:No Carter.I haven't been acting like myself since I met you.Now,I'm acting like myself.

Is it just me or...was that quite a response? Eh,what do I know.I'm just gonna go get some blue jello and you guys tell me what you think.K?
                Last edited by sierragulf_gurl_23; 01 June 2005, 07:07 AM.
                I'm a Teenage,Scifi Friday-loving,Sam+Jack Shipper Gurl I am a shippy shipper chockfull of shippy shipperness having shippy shipper dreams!!
                Sam+Jack 4 ever!!!I love Hayden Christensen!!May 19th: Sith Happens!!Can't wait till July! I LOVE RED JELLO,just like Jack...!!

Kinsey:[on S/J]Oh I believe there's a lot more to this than we've been told. Well, of course I hardly expect them to incriminate themselves in their own reports.But we can all read between the lines* -Kinsey, Innauguration
                *1st and only time I agree with Kinsey

Replicarter: There are two of us.
                Jack: If only...
                (Sam looks at him. He clears his throat quietly.) -Replicarter and Jack, Gemini

The land of "lilipu" is an amazing land where I go to think about Sam and Jack being a couple, their future wedding,what their kids will look like... So now it's my own private shippy-world.All shippers invited!!!!

Comment

Aloha people!

Thanx for all the welcomes!!!!!!

I've been doing some hard graft on my website with my fancy new web builder, so when I can get all the files uploaded, the new website will be up and running!

I'm also getting copies of all my fics as we speak, so that I can continue the madness of 'Jack's Big Day', the in-depthness of 'In Between the Threads', and the slow torture of Potatohead in 'The Third Race'!

Yay!

Anywho...website website website...will feature

In-depth bios on all the main characters
                  Quick fire episode guides
                  A variety of essays on the main ships and friendships of the shows
                  Quizes
                  Fanfic
                  Fan art

and links galore!!!!!

Gotta go!

KEEP THE SHIP LIVING!

(death to the evil forces of Bridge <evil laugh>)

jk

Suz
                  xxxxx
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                    How much better would S8 would be if they actually got Sam and Jack together after S7? IMO, it would have actually be enjoyable to watch. Could have done it if they wanted to. If there is a will, there is a way.
                    Couldn't agree more!!! I guess there wasn't a will

BUT!!!! We won't let it get us down! Optimism is our middle "family" name

Comment

Can't wait for your site Suz! Thanx Oma-1 for translating what Jack said in TLC.(((((((((((((Oma-1))))))))))))))
                      Gotta go.Keep the shippy love going!
                      *mutters to herself*I wonder if mom will let me have Purple Jello for lunch...
                      I'm a Teenage,Scifi Friday-loving,Sam+Jack Shipper Gurl I am a shippy shipper chockfull of shippy shipperness having shippy shipper dreams!!
                      Sam+Jack 4 ever!!!I love Hayden Christensen!!May 19th: Sith Happens!!Can't wait till July! I LOVE RED JELLO,just like Jack...!!

Kinsey:[on S/J]Oh I believe there's a lot more to this than we've been told. Well, of course I hardly expect them to incriminate themselves in their own reports.But we can all read between the lines* -Kinsey, Innauguration
                      *1st and only time I agree with Kinsey

Replicarter: There are two of us.
                      Jack: If only...
                      (Sam looks at him. He clears his throat quietly.) -Replicarter and Jack, Gemini

The land of "lilipu" is an amazing land where I go to think about Sam and Jack being a couple, their future wedding,what their kids will look like... So now it's my own private shippy-world.All shippers invited!!!!

Comment

Purple...nothing beats red...Jack likes red...

Site will be a while...It's MASSEEEEVE!

And I made the layout myself rather than using a templete

I LOVED the translation of TLC...has anyone posted it in the JM thread to see what he thought of it since he is supposedly a shipper?
                        sigpic

Comment

LMAO!

I've started a ship movement on another site...called the CHECKETT shippers...

oh the madness...

*wanders away*

Reminds me of a fic writer's username I saw once...

Sack and Jam

so are we Sack shippers or Jam shippers???
                          sigpic

Comment

Okay well I'm about to log off, so I'll speak to you all as soon as possible...

CARRY ON SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99
                              Ya Know....I just loved the US replay of the ep the other night....great the name is escaping me....where S/J are with Jacob....and Jack says - I distinctly recall someone saying we weren't going to make it out of this....and the ending to that whole scene is Jacob having the last word "What and give up the last chance I might ever have of being right?!" And Sam looks at Jack, walks by and says 'Welcome to MY LIFE.'

It was a great scene....a great way to break in a possible son-in-law!

S
                              Heeee heeeee!! It's not just me!!! Yay!! I caught that bit a while back, and so I was watching for it when they replayed it last week.

I was really cracking up, though, when I realized it became something of a running gag through the end of the ep. A short time after the "last chance of being right" comment, Sam, Jack, and Dad are just got back from Apophis' bug-infested ship and Daniel comments that they were worried Sam & Jack weren't gonna make it.... Dad says "I didn't say it, though!" and Jack gives him this look that was just too funny!

Then, towards the very end, they're trying to outrun the exploding mothership and its SAM who yells out "Are we gonna make it?" and both Dad and Jack shoot her a "shut up about that already!" look that had me rolling! Watch close, it flies by!
                              Love and hot fudge,
                              Bren Ren
                              ~
                              My stories!
                              ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sierragulf_gurl_23
                                Hello Shipper Family!!!I'm really sorry I haven't posted(trust me when I say really sorry) Ihaven't had time,what with schoola nd projects ans extra-curricular activities and....I've felt such a need for shipping,it feels great to be back.
                                Back to bussiness:Yesterday I saw Shades of Grey.I never realized that was a (@ least minorly) shippy episode.
                                Spoiler for Shades of Grey:

There's a part were Jack is heading towards Hammonds office and he meets up with Sam and they say:

Sam:Well,sir,with respect,you haven't exactly been acting like yourself.
                                Jack:No Carter.I haven't been acting like myself since I met you.Now,I'm acting like myself.

Is it just me or...was that quite a response? Eh,what do I know.I'm just gonna go get some blue jello and you guys tell me what you think.K?
                                It was quite a response.

And it always bothered me that at the end of the episode, in the gateroom with the team standing there, that TPTB gave dialogue to Jack to say to Daniel to make up for the hurtful things he said him, but they didn't give any to him to apologize poublicly to Sam. (And his 'slights' to Daniel had been in the privacy of Jack's home... those to Sam had been at the SGC in front of Teal'c and at the steps up into the control room where many more people could see/hear what he had to say...) Although there was a look that Jack gave her... if you watch, before Jack says "Ummm Daniel about what I said..." Jack is looking to Daniel's right, where Sam was standing and his look to Sam (IMO) was one of 'I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything I said, forgive me?" But I've often wondered why TPTB didn't give dialogue for Jack to say to make amends with Sam (and if that was RDA inserting the sorrowful looks {and unsaid apology} that might not have been in the script).

BTW... no spoiler tags needed on episodes from seasons before 7 & 8.
                                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X