This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myrth
    I was just watching Entity and I have a question. Am I imagining that Jack was trying to say 'I love you' just before he shot Carter for the second time??

I don't know about that scene. But, did I imagine Jack saying 'love you' in Divide and Conquer when Jack and Sam were on either side of the Goa'uld ship forcefield? You know where they are desperately and piercingly looking deep into each other's eyes as the C-4 count down progresses and the Jaffa are headed towards Sam.
    sigpic

Comment

Big, honkin' thank yous to all of you gals who sent in questions to JM. I think he enjoys replying to shippers. He seems nondefensive though vague. I feel hopeful when he uses words like "allusions" and his reference to Season 9
      Spoiler:
      Sam's not having a new relationship implying beyond her relationship as it were with Jack

Allusions? Mmmm!?! What might an allusion look like on the screen?

I may change my signature now that I have reason to believe that TPTB are not entirely evil!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
        I don't know about that scene. But, did I imagine Jack saying 'love you' in Divide and Conquer when Jack and Sam were on either side of the Goa'uld ship forcefield? You know where they are desperately and piercingly looking deep into each other's eyes as the C-4 count down progresses and the Jaffa are headed towards Sam.

I was thinking the same thing about the scene in Lost City Pt. 2, when
        Spoiler:
        Sam is begging him to hold on. He moves his mouth a few times, but nothing comes out.

Was THAT an "I love you?"

Comment

Originally posted by ST-1
          I was thinking the same thing about the scene in Lost City Pt. 2, when
          Spoiler:
          Sam is begging him to hold on. He moves his mouth a few times, but nothing comes out.

Was THAT an "I love you?"

When will Season 7 episodes be on the air? I will definitely look for that!

Actually, if I get real *I hate when reality bites* but if he ever said that in any of the scenes, wouldn't we have been certain a long time ago?

Ouch, why did I do that? I just spoiled my fantasies!!!
          sigpic

Comment

When will Season 7 episodes be on the air? I will definitely look for that!

Actually, if I get real *I hate when reality bites* but if he ever said that in any of the scenes, wouldn't we have been certain a long time ago?

Ouch, why did I do that? I just spoiled my fantasies!!!
            IMHO, it's what Jack WANTED to say, what he WOULD have said regs permitting, and what we all know he FELT.

However, my homework is to watch Entity, D&C and Lost City - just to be sure

*shakes head - the trials of being a shipper*
            sigpic

Comment

Having watched Lost City, he does say 'tu amata', which means... you guessed it.

And for reference, I recorded the sound, and ran it through a speech analyser, it said that it was 'tu amataa'. There you go.
              -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
              -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
              -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Originally posted by An Ancient
                Having watched Lost City, he does say 'tu amata', which means... you guessed it.

And for reference, I recorded the sound, and ran it through a speech analyser, it said that it was 'tu amataa'. There you go.
                Thanks ! Now we have scientific proofs !
                Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Let's see if I can apply some of that French and German I studied , and a little stretch gets me Tu=you Amata=amour/amore= love?
                  sigpic

Comment

Let's see if I can apply some of that French and German I studied , and a little stretch gets me Tu=you Amata=amour/amore= love?
                    I think it would be more Latin than French or German, but you're right : the right traduction could be 'love you'
                    Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                      I think it would be more Latin than French or German, but you're right : the right traduction could be 'love you'
                      The scientist in me went to Gateworld's Lost City transcripts. Jack says Dolmata. I then went to Google and some Latin scholar types say that is typo. Jack said Dormata which is 'sleep.' He went to the stasis chamber to be in suspended animation until rescued by Thor. He 'slept.'

I like An Ancient's interpretation but I think it turns out to be 'sleep.'
                      sigpic

Comment

((((An Ancient)))) I'm definitely gonna have to watch LC now
                        sigpic

Comment

The scientist in me went to Gateworld's Lost City transcripts. Jack says Dolmata. I then went to Google and some Latin scholar types say that is typo. Jack said Dormata which is 'sleep.' He went to the stasis chamber to be in suspended animation until rescued by Thor. He 'slept.'

I like An Ancient's interpretation but I think it turns out to be 'sleep.'
                          Yes I know but a girl can dream

Comment

The jello is ready*

And for your entertainment while you eat, here's a lovely little jello story.
                            Jello Evasion

Enjoy

*still hunting for the purple stuff
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                              The jello is ready*

Jello Evasion

Enjoy

Yeah, now we have Ship Jello to add to Ship cookies

Funny story !

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                                The jello is ready*

Jello Evasion

Enjoy

Thanks, I loved it!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X