• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam: Jack! We've got company!

Jack: So, Rogue, *cough, cough* didn't see you there
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
      Personally, I'd prefer to leave this thread as it is. If peope want to start an "optimism only" thread, they should feel free to do so. Putting a muzzle on people expressing their feelings and opinions is something I'd like to see avoided in this thread as much as possible.
      I agree with Buc, leave the thread alone. We've been there, done it all before. If people don't like the fact that their fellow shippers are unhappy, all I can suggest is for them to post their positive thoughts and try to cheer us all up. If this isn't enough for them, they can always start a happy, positive thoughts only S/J ship thread. If you want to see the thread at it's most rantingly negative, have a look at the Shipper Archive Threads VII and VIII ! This is when the thread exploded!
      sigpic

Comment

((((Oma))))

Nice pics to start a shippy Monday. Remember everybody, previews to S9 tonight on SciFi.
        -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1

Sam: Jack! We've got company!

Jack: So, Rogue, *cough, cough* didn't see you there
          Yep, carry on with what you where doing. Don't mind me.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
            Yep, carry on with what you where doing. Don't mind me.
            ah-timing is everything-isn't Rogue?
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
              ah-timing is everything-isn't Rogue?
              Yeah, our couple has been interupted enough they should be use to it by now.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Okee dokee, looks like no one wants me to do anything, which is cool. just thougt i'd offer

One thing though....i know folks here are unhappy, trust me, there are spoilers for s9 that i personally find icky as all get out. and yes, this is a family and everyone has differing opinions.

but, apparantly, there are a few members of this family that are feeling distinctly left out. It is hard to carry on a conversation when no one will listen to what you have to say (i've lived this in real life)

Maybe, while the folks who are unhappy are free to post, well maybe if they see some of the folks who are trying to stay positive, they can respond to those posts as well?

Maybe being part of a family is accepting everyone and making them all feel welcome
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                  Yeah, our couple has been interupted enough they should be use to it by now.
                  Indeed!
                  Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    Okee dokee, looks like no one wants me to do anything, which is cool. just thougt i'd offer

One thing though....i know folks here are unhappy, trust me, there are spoilers for s9 that i personally find icky as all get out. and yes, this is a family and everyone has differing opinions.

but, apparantly, there are a few members of this family that are feeling distinctly left out. It is hard to carry on a conversation when no one will listen to what you have to say (i've lived this in real life)

Maybe, while the folks who are unhappy are free to post, well maybe if they see some of the folks who are trying to stay positive, they can respond to those posts as well?

Maybe being part of a family is accepting everyone and making them all feel welcome
                    here here! I know I have been Ms. Negative on this hit parade and probably more than bordering on the snarky and sarcaustic-but the one thing that this thread allowed was the varying degrees of opinion-positive and negative and I hope that we all remember not to lose sight of that.

Comment

Well said. Maybe I've been snarky enough just lately...... so on to happier things .....

Been reading some great ff this weekend to get the S/J shipper in me dancing again. This pair of ff really did the trick.

Infatuation and The Nature of Fixation by Angel Leviathan.

They're 2 diff fics based on the same scenario. In the first, Sam touches an alien device and becomes infatuated with Jack. In the second, they both touch the alien device and become infatuated with each other. Lots of ship, fun, angst and more ship
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                        here here! I know I have been Ms. Negative on this hit parade and probably more than bordering on the snarky and sarcaustic-but the one thing that this thread allowed was the varying degrees of opinion-positive and negative and I hope that we all remember not to lose sight of that.
                        What, you Ms. Negative! Tell me it not so. Well I have been Ms. Negative too and Ms. Snarky as well. I go back and forth from negative to positive depending on my mood. I do think that Sam and Jack are together. We will have to wait and see how much confirmation we get.

Rogue

Comment

I think a lot of the frustrations and negativity comes from the years of shipping and the depth of shipping. Obviously someone who just started shipping for Jack and Sam is going to still be positive as most of us started off, and for those of us who have been shipping for these two for many, many...many years, our positive level is darn near gone. Also I think it depends on who your favorite character is and if it is RDA as is the situation with me than we have that added blow to deal with as well; yet if your fav character is Daniel or Teal'c I could see how you wouldn't be "as" effected with the ship being on the back burners because you still have your favorite characters to watch; not to say your frustrations over the ship aren't real but that you just don't have that added hit in the head to deal with.

IMO I think we all have different boiling points for the reasons I have stated and we will all have to decide for ourselves what will be the best way to handle it. For me I know that Season 8
                          Spoiler:
                          was not the resolution that I was looking for by any means; but at least they gave me another "moment" to dream over and I do feel that they "implied" that they are together.
                          The only reason I won't watch season 9 (and I am not threatening or trying to change anyone elses minds) is because I don't want them to ruin what little they already did give us. As ses110 has said if they continue with the Sam boyfriends and Sam does show just even a little bit of interest, it will destroy my one and only ray of sunshine. No, like any real shipper I don't want to miss any positive situations between Jack and Sam and I am really not sure how I am going to hear about any positive news because again I don't want to gamble and read even a negative post and have the relationship destroyed in my mind. I might tune in to the episodes that Jack is on for my own personal enjoyment but I'm not sure yet.

Well, this way my little way to try and maybe explain why my posts seem so negative but like everything else time does heal hearts, I just don't want to have my heart ripped open again or even worse that it was misplaced all along. Class dismissed, no homework.

Comment

Hmm.... I should probably just stay under my happy rock with my mouth clamped firmly shut (or otherwise occupied!) but I'm not exactly known for that kind of thing, anyway... so... in spite of the fact that I haven't been here much for the last month---Blame RL He!! for all that!!

I've been one of those staying happy, optimistic and positive minded, even with the departure of RDA and the missing new mama AT; I've always been rather easy to please, and I was even satisfied with our "resolution" in Threads. So I'll jump up as one of those folks and remind y'all....

I've always felt quite welcome here! Yeah, I've noticed the rants, the negative vent-fests, and such. Rather than prolong the agony, I've taken a "lead by example" approach. I drop in, drop off a happy pic, a Sam & Jack Together Forever, and go about my merry shippy way. And even if & when I've dropped these off in the midst of massive angst and gripe tangents, I've always received warm responses, lovely bits of appreciation, even the odd cube of green jello.

I think I had a point there, I think.... something along the lines of... Don't worry, be Happy! Spread the Cheer! And the more you spread, the happier we'll all feel. Everyone coming here should feel free to express themselves openly, be it positive or negative. If & when the neg seems to out-wiegh the pos, put on a happy face, send out a grace kiss, and watch the shippers melt! Hey, it works for me!

Sam & Jack Together Forever!!! Sam & Jack Together Forever!!!
                            Sam & Jack Together Forever!!! Sam & Jack Together Forever!!!
                            Love and hot fudge,
                            Bren Ren
                            ~
                            My stories!
                            ~

sigpic

Comment

Jack: So, another trip to the infirmary?
                              Sam: Yes Sir.
                              Jack: I'll walk with you.
                              Sam: Yes Sir!

Jack: I believe we were here before we were so rudely interrupted?
                              Sam: Mmm hmm
                              sigpic

Comment

Jack: Never had ya figured as a snuggler, Sam.
                                Sam: Never was, Jack.

I know, kinda cheesy lines, but I'm not a writer! Just wanted to give the impression that she never wanted to snuggle with *coughcough*..... erm.... anyone else.
                                Last edited by Oma-1; 23 May 2005, 08:28 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X