This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    ooh, i LOVE the way that sounds! it could happen.

(i've been planning their wedding for years now )

sally
    I've only been planning it for about a year or so... in spite of being a faithful follower from day one.... But I would imagine it would take a lot of planning... First they have to plan time to accomodate RDA swooning when they get the tux on him... then they have to convince Amanda that they've rehearsed the "Kiss the Bride" scene enough... that alone could take a while!
    Love and hot fudge,
    Bren Ren
    ~
    My stories!
    ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      Okay.....so it's done. They have officially broken my heart. To bring us so far over the last two years......and now, it appears they're going to drop Sam and Jack's relationship completely.....like nothing ever happened in S8.

As far as I'm concerned, RDA doesn't even have to be there for the ship to be resolved.....or at least, its integrity maintained. Just mentions in dialogue that let us know Sam and Jack are seeing each other would satisfy me. Now, Lord only knows what they'll do. Have her start dating all the guest stars? Not mention her in the two episodes in which he appears? I'm just going to go have a good cry.....really.

At least Joe FINALLY gave a straight (and not smart-alecky) answer. For those of you who are new to this forum, he's been giving us very flip answers in recent weeks. I have to believe that our complaints to mods and the general attitude we've shown on his thread over the past week or two contributed to that, because his answers today were delivered in a more respectful tone.

I hate his answers to the questions above, and I feel they could throw us a bone through dialogue (and don't care enough about us or the integrity of their characters) to do so. Now, it appears we've been given a definitive enough answer for me to know that S9 is going to be ruined for me. If they would just acknowledge through dialogue references that S & J are together, I could accept the other changes with open arms. But they don't care enough about the S/J shippers to even do that.

So sad. It didn't have to be this way. If anyone sees any good news in this at all, I'd love to hear it. But I don't see any. I know they didn't say "never," but it looks like if Rick doesn't come back, they'll just forget it ever happened.

oh, honey...

(((sg-1fanintn)))

i know it looks bleak, but look how bleak it looked with pete introduced/around/engaged to sam.

i really don't know how much s/j ship's going to be in season 9, but i haven't gotten the impression it'll be gone. i think things will heat up at the end of season 9 (if it's THE end), and if not, then in season 10. i doubt they're going to ship sam (and i mean sam 'responding' to the guy, not just the guy desiring her) with another guy. i'm hoping for some sort of acknowledgment that sam and jack are in an agreement. and i also know this is once again lowering my expectations, but i have no choice. i 'have' to roll with the flow or drown. i actually haven't been upset by what joe and rob have said, because at least we're *finally* getting an idea of what to expect. and, to me, it ain't sounding so bad. it's still giving me squees for the future for them.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
        Personally, I'd prefer to leave this thread as it is. If peope want to start an "optimism only" thread, they should feel free to do so. Putting a muzzle on people expressing their feelings and opinions is something I'd like to see avoided in this thread as much as possible.
        i agree. if ppl don't like the negativity of the thread, then lighten it up for yourselves. you might only have one of two other ppl conversing with you, but that's better than nothing. this thread's been through enough (shippers have been through enough). make the thread the way you want, by contributing to it the way you wish it to be.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          i read joe's answer: it just means more waiting.

BUT, he didn't say it's gone, so YAY!

sally, writing her first post with her NEW computer!
          I agree with you, Sally. Real Life got real demanding in the last few weeks, so I haven't even been able to lurk here much. And lately, everyone's been so...testy...I wasn't sure how to jump in.

When I read the reactions to Joe Mallozzi's latest comments, I did a Search under his name until I found what people were upset about. So far this is what I got (And they are direct copies, typos left in and all) (spoiler markers inserted):

Spoiler:
          Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter makes her return in Beach Head to help Stargate Command deal with a galactic threat. Check out the big mid-season two-parter, The Fourth Horseman, in which a certain someone from her past drops in to lend a hand - with poignant consequences.
          Spoiler:
          To be perfetly honest, the resolution of that issue is something we won't be touching on anytime soon.

In the first one, Joe says that
          Spoiler:
          Orlin
          will show up. And the fact that he said there will be "poignant consequences" suggests to me that Sam will NOT be getting involved with an AOTW. Things were 'poignant' the last time he showed up. I expect more of the same--maybe in a new plot.

In the second one, well, let's face it, in the writer's minds they did resolve S/J in
          Spoiler:
          "Threads" and "Moebius, pts 1 & 2"
          . We shippers want things spelled out, we want the DETAILS, please!, we want to know how any leftover oddbits will be taken care of. But the writers don't. They want to get on to their new stories. As far as they are concerned, S/J is so Last Year; they want to get on to new things.

Season 9 spoilers follow:

That doesn't mean they're killing off S/J, only that they're not going to write it for Season 9--but I think we knew that as soon as we heard the news that RDA was leaving. They don't want to write "phone conversations" just for the sake of keeping S/J alive--they don't even want to write them to keep O'Neill active in the Stargate universe. I suspect we'll get as much reference to "O'Neill" in season 9 as we did to "Hammond" in season 8. After "O'Nelill" leaves for Washington there might be one or two token references, but that will be it unless RDA returns for a full episode. If RDA does appear, the episode will not be about S/J, even if S/J is alive and well.

So, that's what I got out of those comments. S/J is in storage as far as plotlines go, but it isn't dead. It's as alive as we want to make it--just as it always was.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
            I've only been planning it for about a year or so... in spite of being a faithful follower from day one.... But I would imagine it would take a lot of planning... First they have to plan time to accomodate RDA swooning when they get the tux on him... then they have to convince Amanda that they've rehearsed the "Kiss the Bride" scene enough... that alone could take a while!
            (tried to rep you)

yes, i'd imagine, with amanda's and rick's dedication to their crafts, the rehearsals of certain scenes ( ) might take a while.

should sam and jack be in their dress blues or official wedding attire?

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

I'd split the difference. She gets the lovely white dress every girl dreams of, he get's the oh-so-sexy dress blues. Best of both worlds!
              Love and hot fudge,
              Bren Ren
              ~
              My stories!
              ~

sigpic

Comment

Can I just ask where you guys found out that Jack was retiring? I've been looking and I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
                I live my life one Friday night at a time!

Comment

(((Sky))) Good question, but for me, I don't mind the negativity. It goes along with the Family Atmosphere here in the thread. I like being able to express my S&J feeling - whatever they are here. Generally I stay optimistic, but sometimes I need to rant too. I wouldn't want to have to post only happy things here and then go somewhere else to post unhappy rantings (I'd probably be waaaay too depressed after visiting there). I think of this family as my home, and like my RL family, we help to uplift one another and support each other through the bad times.
                  sigpic

Comment

Jumping back into the fray my question caused (sorry) ....

I've been thinking about this on and off over the last couple of days and going over the spoilers we've been given in various threads. My conclusion (until the next set of spoilers ) is still fairly positive.

Joe has been straight with us and said tptb will not be dealing with any S/J issues this season.

IMHO this means that there won't be an ep dedicated to it (eg D&C, Threads, Moebius). Well, lets be fair, they can't can they without RDA, and I don't think any of us expect them to.

JM hasn't said there will be no reference at all to Jack - just the opposite in fact. Tptb have said that Jack is still alive and well and will be a presence in S9 as Gen Hammond was in S8.

So I continue to ship for S&J, hoping for the odd mention of Jack by Sam or other SG-1 team members and a couple of moments of Sam saying she's not available to the old flames. I'm gonna watch, and see what happens, same as I have every other season. Just this time more avidly for those little things I usually miss .....

And last but not least, in Joe's own words ....

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                    Just goes to show - you can't trust spoilers.
                    sigpic

Comment

On a much happier note ....

I spent a really happy hour on Saturday morning "gateshipping" my new phone. I now have a real stargate ringtone (instead of the mono one I composed ages ago on my old Nokia), Jack & Sam Fishing wallpaper, and the wonderful Grace kiss as a screensaver. *happy sigh* Now all I need is for people to actually call me .....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
                        Just a fly by to drop in another pretty pic....

Hope in brings everyone some Shippy Cheer--Seems to be needed right about now!

http://67.182.11.54/Web/Sg1/The%20Moment.jpg

(((((Bren Ren))))) Wonderful stuff. Glad you're back with us
                        Last edited by Oma-1; 23 May 2005, 04:44 AM. Reason: Typo - d'uh
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          Just when I was starting to feel a little better, here he goes again.....

From Joe's thread, posted just moments ago:

Apparently they've
                          Spoiler:
                          signed the actor who played Orlin to reprise his role.
                          So now what?
                          ((((((((TN ))))))))) Don't worry!

Being purely evil here ..... (or maybe that should be Ori )

JM said poignant consequences, so to me that means Sam will be put through the wringer with Orlin because the Ori will do something unspeakably nasty and they'll have to save the world - or even galaxy, but Orlin will either die properly or ascend again and be out of the picture.

Leaving our Sam needing lots of comfort (behind the scenes of course) from a certain General .....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MedusA
                            Can I just ask where you guys found out that Jack was retiring? I've been looking and I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
                            I've not read any spoilers for Jack actually retiring. Someone (can't remember who, sorry) did post that the actual RL equivalent of Homeworld Security is a civilian appointment, not military, which I think led to that train of thought ....I think its more wishful thinking and a response to Kerry's suggestion, so the regs aren't a problem, rather than canon.

I've been known to be spectacularly wrong on occasion though
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              Hey guys, i have a question.

I was approached by someone who was a bit...well maybe frustrated is a good word. I know and appreciate that the spoilers for s9 aren't the best for those that like the sam/jack pairing. And i know folks are having fun venting...but there are some who would like to discuss without all the - what they percieve and call - negativity.

Do you think that we could benefit from maybe an off-shoot of this thread? Maybe starting one for folks who feel negative for s9 ship, or maybe those that want sam/jack positive thoughts only?

What do folks think?

and please, if you don't want to post in here, feel free to pm me

I'm not doing this to pick on anyone or choose sides or anything like that, just exploring options to find a reasonable accomodation or see if we need one
                              The negative feelings come and go on this thread. I don't think we need to split the family up. The negative feelings come from frustration of not knowing how Sam and Jack stand. We would have been more postive it they had given us a more definite resolution. But guys look at Sams assignment this way, Season 9
                              Spoiler:
                              Area 51 is still on Earth and not that far from the base or DC. So they can still be seeing each other on the weekends. I feel better about that than if she was on Asgard ship.
                              Last edited by Rogue; 23 May 2005, 04:24 AM.
                              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Hello!

Hello!

Hello!

Hee hee, just playing with echoes

As I seem to have the place to myself at the moment ....

Jack: Seems like we're the only ones here, Major. (smirk)
                                Sam: Yes, Sir. Perhaps we should be getting back to wo ....
                                Jack: Major.
                                Sam: Sir?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X