This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just popping in to say

And I'm jealous you got to see Ep III today, Grrrr!
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Terrarin
      I was hoping to get some reaction to this comment: During the infirmary scene--
      1.)
      Spoiler:
      Did either of them still think that the other might remain romantically involved with someone else? At least, S. didn't know about K.'s departure yet; and to J., she was still technically engaged to P. Did they both forget that P. and K. had even existed?

Agree? Disagree? Response?

2.) What thoughts ran through her mind when she looked at him? (Actual words)

3.) What did he think to himself when
      Spoiler:
      he saw her look at him with more courage and openness than she ever had before?
      (Actual words)
      Actually at that moment in time I think they did.
      Spoiler:
      I think in the infirmary it was a matter of being there for each other.
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
        Love your seeing stars, where did you take the images from, it's great!
        I snagged 'em from RDA's lovely website, and used Photoshop Elements 2.0 to create the effects. NOWHERE near as amazing as most of the fanart I've seen here, but fun to do nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
          Just popping in to say

And I'm jealous you got to see Ep III today, Grrrr!

Are you talking about Revenge of the Sith? Haven't seen it yet, but will soon. This is OT, but wondered how many SW fans here and if any ever stood in line to see the opening of one of the movies. I did for ROTJ, great experience, cheering when the SW logo popped up on the screen, etc.(hey, it even resolved the ship between Han and Leia!!), but too many years have gone by to wait like that again.

Comment

1.)
            Spoiler:
            Did either of them still think that the other might remain romantically involved with someone else? At least, S. didn't know about K.'s departure yet; and to J., she was still technically engaged to P. Did they both forget that P. and K. had even existed?

Spoiler:
            (Actual words)
            By the time of the infirmary scene, Sam had already put most of the pieces together in her mind about Pete and that marrying him would be a mistake...and then when she chose to go to Jack's house, she also clearly had to consider the potential consequences of their conversation...would he reciprocate? If no, would they be able to maintain their work relationship? If yes, would he retire? Would she retire?...and I personally think Sam was building up her courage...not just to open herself up for potential rejection, but also to the extreme probability that things would be drastically different between them regardless of how their convo played out.

And of course for the infirmary scene itself, Sam had lots of time to sit there and think...not just about losing her father, but about his advice, about her life, about what she wanted and about what he wanted for her...to live a truly fulfilling life. The look in her eyes is serenity...she's at peace...and I don't think it's just that she was at peace about her father's emminent death, but also about the decisions she was making regarding Jack and Pete (clearly, although she already had doubts about spending her life with Pete, the whole house thing sealed his fate).

I think that both Jack and Sam had already emotionally divorced themselves from their current squeezes (Jack obviously had to because Kerry saw through what he was doing and let him go). My sense is that Sam looked at Jack and it cemented her belief that Pete was a mistake, that Jack was the man she wanted to have around when things get tough...that he was always for her...something "he" said to her in Grace but now had a different meaning...and she took his hand and caressed it with her thumb in a very un-comrades-in-arms way.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

1.)
              Spoiler:

In that moment, both Sam and Jack realized that
              Spoiler:
              it was time to stop denying what they felt for each other. Both Kerry and Pete became irrelevant. Jack knew why Sam came to his house that day, and his actions when he entered the infirmary observation room signaled Sam that he understood.

Neither S nor J has had a successful relationship since they became attracted to each other.....because they can't. They're too much in love with each other, and now, each realizes that the other feels the same.

There was an instant understanding, but I don't feel comfortable putting it into dialogue. After all, no one knows them better than they know each other. She was probably already evaluating
              Spoiler:

why he was there, since she had seen him with Kerry just a couple of hours earlier. When he said, "Always," in the tone of voice he did, she just realized (because she knows him so well) what it meant. It was the softness in his voice, his arm around her, just how he said it and what she saw in his eyes when she looked back at him. That's why she looked, to confirm what her intuition was telling her. She recognized at that moment that he and Kerry were history. Now, that's a lot to "know" in a couple of seconds, but as close as S & J have been, she realized it couldn't mean anything else.

But any other pda would have been inappropriate at the time. After all, her Dad was dying. And S & J aren't gushy people anyway. I'm sure it was resolved later. As someone said a few weeks ago on this thread, "The final resolution will not be televised."

Spoiler:
              (Actual words)
              He thought:
              Spoiler:

"Sweet! It's done. We're finally on our way! God, I love this woman!"

Comment

I think after all these years, Sam & Jack know each other very well and Sam knew exactly what Jack was telling her when he came to the infirmary. Her response let him know how she felt.
                In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                Hic Comitas Regit
                Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                  In that moment, both Sam and Jack realized that
                  Spoiler:
                  it was time to stop denying what they felt for each other. Both Kerry and Pete became irrelevant. Jack knew why Sam came to his house that day, and his actions when he entered the infirmary observation room signaled Sam that he understood.

Neither S nor J has had a successful relationship since they became attracted to each other.....because they can't. They're too much in love with each other, and now, each realizes that the other feels the same.

There was an instant understanding, but I don't feel comfortable putting it into dialogue. After all, no one knows them better than they know each other. She was probably already evaluating
                  Spoiler:

why he was there, since she had seen him with Kerry just a couple of hours earlier. When he said, "Always," in the tone of voice he did, she just realized (because she knows him so well) what it meant. It was the softness in his voice, his arm around her, just how he said it and what she saw in his eyes when she looked back at him. That's why she looked, to confirm what her intuition was telling her. She recognized at that moment that he and Kerry were history. Now, that's a lot to "know" in a couple of seconds, but as close as S & J have been, she realized it couldn't mean anything else.

But any other pda would have been inappropriate at the time. After all, her Dad was dying. And S & J aren't gushy people anyway. I'm sure it was resolved later. As someone said a few weeks ago on this thread, "The final resolution will not be televised."

He thought:
                  Spoiler:

"Sweet! It's done. We're finally on our way! God, I love this woman!"
                  I so agree with you. We are on exactly the same thought wave. I am so glad someone finally posted the same things I thought.

sg-1faninta, I <3 you.
                  In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                  so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                  Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                  Hic Comitas Regit
                  Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

1.)
                    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    (Actual words)
                    Spoiler:

(1) the passage of time is rather unclear, but I believe Sam's second infirmary talk with Jacob is at least a day, maybe longer than that, after the first (where she is still in her skirt and sweater, having hurried from Jack's house to Cheyenne Mtn.) That particular day was supposed to be an off day, Sam riding around with Pete and Jack and Kerry barbecuing. It's now a regular SG work day, and Jack has had time to think about Sam's visit to his house, he's pretty sure of her second thoughts about Pete. We don't even know the time lapse with Kerry's talk with Jack, but it does seem logical that it was the same day as Jack's going to the infirmary. I would say both forgot about Pete, Jack of course did not think of Kerry. Sam may have thought initially of Kerry, but when Jack's arm went around her only idea then would have been how right it felt and her caressing of his hand an instinctive response.

Comment

Hey hey gang! Been a while, hasn't it! I'm starting to get back into the old Shipper groove after an intersting, if somewhat frustrating, theatrical production.... I did have a lot of fun, though, and a certain scene (lets just say it gave me a whole new level of respect for what poor AT went through to bring us that lovely dip kiss of WoO ) in my show inspired this poem, which I threw into a pretty pic for you all, because I've missed you *THIS MUCH*!!!!

Hope you like!

Last edited by BrenRen; 29 May 2005, 07:35 AM.
                      Love and hot fudge,
                      Bren Ren
                      ~
                      My stories!
                      ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        You know....from trawling through the various trek sites, you have to be relieved we've got RC, Joe and Co running Stargate

I wonder how horrific it would have been if Berman and Braga had been the Stargate Showrunners...

I'll put this in quotes so as not to spoil ENT for it's fans
                        Spoiler:

7. The extent of S/J ship would be a monkey and a backrub, while Daniel and Janet would have been jumping each other in public and having babies (not necessarily a bad thing)

sorry...that was random...I apologise.
                        i only watched about four eps of enterprise, so catch me up on what you meant by number seven please.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
                          Hey hey gang! Been a while, hasn't it! I'm starting to get back into the old Shipper groove after an intersting, if somewhat frustrating, theatrical production.... I did have a lot of fun, though, and a certain scene (lets just say it gave me a whole new level of respect for what poor AT went through to bring us that lovely dip kiss of WoO ) in my show inspired this poem, which I threw into a pretty pic for you all, because I've missed you *THIS MUCH*!!!!

Hope you like!

http://67.182.11.54/Web/WIP/Poetry%20Digitized

Love and hot fudge,
                          Bren Ren
                          just too beautiful for words (((((Bren Ren ))))))))

Comment

pic fr mgm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM FAN

Comment

Originally posted by ST-1
                              Here's someshippy fanart for everybody who needs it!

Now, for my own somewhat offbeat perception of the 'ship:
                              Have you ever "had feelings for" someone you work with? Someone you really respect? Someone you're *NOT* technically (for whatever reason) supposed to be with? "Forbidden love" is very hard to admit, even when it's mutual. And even when both parties agree to go ahead and explore the relationship, the angst/conflict doesn't exactly disappear overnight. You know how to be friends/colleagues, not lovers, and it's a difficult transition to make. DON'T ASK me how I know this!

Honestly, think about it for a minute. If TPTB had ended the season with Jack retiring and proposing to Sam (which admittedly would have been great!), would it have felt realistic? More importantly, would it have been true to the characters? The way I interpret them, S&J wouldn't suddenly drop all their inhibitions and declare their love for one another. It wouldn't happen that way. It would happen slowly. They'd be discreet. And cautious, considering the many times they've both been hurt before...and even hurt each other!

Feelings don't turn on and off like a lightswitch. IMO, S&J's transition into "togetherness" couldn't be anything but slow and semi-ambivalent ("Is this really OK now?") I think that's where Moeibus left us.

Now we just have to trust TPTB to not drop the ball entirely. I therefore have no clue what to expect in S9.
                              OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!! You've been reading my mind!!!!!

I agree w/ you, whole heartedly! I think it would have seem WAY too convienent for S/J to be 100% "together" right now... It would have seem fake & too abrupt... As much as I want them to have their "happy-ever-after," I also want it to seem real & credible, you know? I don't want it too feel fake or like a sell out. I want it to be incredible & feel true.

I know I'm not wording this right (forgive me... it's late here... should be in bed, actually... still recovering from a cold & ear infection... still a tad goofy & tired)...

Though they've faced death toghether & are very close in some ways, this would be whole new territory for them... 1st he'd have to retire, so everything would be on the up & up. Then they'd have to take the time to get to know one another better, feel things out & build on their new relationship. & like you said, it's probably going to feel a little akward at 1st because of having to get over their previous working relationship & getting used to being able to be more casual w/ one another... W/ their military back ground, their previous working relationship, their failed relationships & etc... for the ending we all want to see (fireworks galore for S/J) to seem real, there's going to be a trial period for them... Though I hate waiting for it, I'm going to try & stay optimistic & keep hoping to see it before the end of SG-1...

Hope some of that goble-de-gook nonsense made some sense... LOL I'm going to bed!!!!
                              Take care & God bless...
                              ~Roxanne T (Vallejo, CA-USA)

sigpic

"I've always found that sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly solves a whole slew of problems."
                              -Brigadier General Jack O'Neill, US Air Force
                              (Richard Dean Anderson, Stargate SG-1)

***Stargate fan for life! But I'll still miss Jack/RDA!***

Comment

1.)RE: Infirmary: I believe that she already had her dad's approval
                                Spoiler:
                                ("you can still have what you want, don't let rules stand in your way, etc.)
                                In fact, I think that for dear ol' dad,
                                Spoiler:
                                that was the one thing he wanted to see before he died. Notice that only after that did he "let go."
                                You know, I thought the same thing. To me it seemed that Carmen played the scene as if when Jacob saw
                                Spoiler:
                                Jack comforting Sam, he knew (somehow) that they were going to be alright & that Jack was going to be there for her. Since Jacob knew she was "in good hands" , & possibly on her way to finding the "happiness" he wanted for her (it was obvious that Jacob knew of S/J's feelings for one another from their earlier conversation), he felt like he could finaly let go & move on...
                                Take care & God bless...
                                ~Roxanne T (Vallejo, CA-USA)

sigpic

"I've always found that sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly solves a whole slew of problems."
                                -Brigadier General Jack O'Neill, US Air Force
                                (Richard Dean Anderson, Stargate SG-1)

***Stargate fan for life! But I'll still miss Jack/RDA!***

Comment

Working...
                                X