X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    BTW - Dreamwatch may have a new interview with RDA soon
    Spoiler:
    from the tiny excerpt I read it sounds like he's taking a year break...never mentioned retirement...just mentioned gearing down to not working this season
    Ummmm... where can we find this article? Is it out yet? Sorry for what may be a dumb question... I did a search for "Dreamwatch" & found the mag subscription site, but no mention of RDA... Can someone give me more 411 or a stear in the right direction?

Thanks!!!
    Take care & God bless...
    ~Roxanne T (Vallejo, CA-USA)

sigpic

"I've always found that sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly solves a whole slew of problems."
    -Brigadier General Jack O'Neill, US Air Force
    (Richard Dean Anderson, Stargate SG-1)

***Stargate fan for life! But I'll still miss Jack/RDA!***

Comment

I needed to vent a little, when I watched "Beneath the Surface" tonight I just had to think how much time the writers had to let Sam and jack get together...that would have been perfect...I'm not a regular around here, but I feel the pain!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
        BTW - Dreamwatch may have a new interview with RDA soon
        Spoiler:

from the tiny excerpt I read it sounds like he's taking a year break...never mentioned retirement...just mentioned gearing down to not working this season
        Uhhh...say wha...hunh?

I have heard no such thing. Not that I'm doubting you...

Well, okay; I'm doubting you.

Just kidding.

Can you provide a link or a scanned image of this article to the rest of us poor shippers out here???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

drats I forgot to watch tonight.....can someone please tell me what Jonas (Jack ) was telling Thera (Sam) that she has this lovely smile on her face.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
            drats I forgot to watch tonight.....can someone please tell me what Jonas (Jack ) was telling Thera (Sam) that she has this lovely smile on her face.
            He says he remembers 'feeling feelings' and she asks 'for me?' to which he replies 'no, for Tor' which makes her giggle
            Uncontrolled Destiny
            My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

hey hey shipper family

good to be back!... i have been so busy lately

might be moving to Melbourne soon to study so wont have too much access to GW i m soooo sad!

well shall return soon, just got home from work and need to go and eat
              Lurve and Omlettes
              Bee
              "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

sig by RepliCartertje
              http://stargatesg1.com/QueenBee
              http://www.myspace.com/madame_minx

Comment

You all find the best shippy pics! They're beautiful! Hopefully we get some more memorable scenes come S9!

Comment

Yeah I agree. I'm hoping that they don't think just because Jacks not gonna be in it a lot that they can just bring the relationship to a halt.
                  Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

Re: Beneath The Surface (my equal fav ep with Grace) I found this on Sally Reeve's fanfic site.....

Note: In the original script for "Beneath the Surface", Carter and O'Neill were lovers during their time on P3R-118. This story is based on that premis.

Soo... if Sally's here, maybe she can fill us in on where that comes from?

I do know in the commentary for BTS, Peter D was saying they were supposed to kiss, but they'd already used up the kissin quota for s4... shame, I'd a rather they'd put it in BTS than Window Of Opportunity.... ah well!

sigpic

Comment

Lol, Myrth, nice sig. Good quotes, good pics, always make for a good sig.

There moment in grace was good. Best kiss they've had I think. Still like their moment in the Season Final of Season 8! Very nice!
                      Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Sheppard
                        Yeah I agree. I'm hoping that they don't think just because Jacks not gonna be in it a lot that they can just bring the relationship to a halt.
                        i hate to say it but...
                        Spoiler:
                        i think that is exactly what they are going to do. I guess my bank of trust in those guys has been used up. negative balance in the account right now.
                        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Okay...I'll do a search for Dreamwatch and find the article...I got the tip via my spoiler group

http://www.skyone.co.uk/section/pges...?pid=28&iid=19

I found out when he said it...last year, but it is about season nine...

Spoiler:
                          As season eight of Stargate launches, dreamwatch spoke to one of the stars of the long running and successful show. Season eight sees Jack O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) taking command of the SGC as Brigadier General and Richard Dean Anderson tells dreamwatch about what this has meant.

"O'Neill is a fish out of water in his new position," notes Anderson. "On paper he really doesn't belong in a position of General. O'Neill would rather be a man of action than a man of great thought or great organisation."

Anderson also starred in the opening episode of the Stargate SG-1 spin-off show Stargate Atlantis, an opportunity he clearly relished, "I had a ball doing Atlantis, I had more fun than anybody on that. I got to ride in a helicopter for 10 hours."

But will he be available for a ninth season?

"I don't know what the scenario would need to be in order for me to stay connected to the franchise. I like relaxing right now and I'm easing myself into a state of mind that has me not working next season."
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Thanks for finding the article, sueKay. It really doesn't make me feel any better or worse about RDA's appearance in Seasons 8 and 9. I'd like to think that even with his daughter, he will miss working and come back for a few episodes in season 9. I took about a year off when my youngest son was born and I did miss work (but of course, I'm not RDA and my lifestyle was no where near as fortunate as his). Still...acting is something he has done all his life; I can't imagine him walking away from it totally.

Ideally I'd like for Sam to continue to be strong in her position on SG1, but also for us to have a resolution to all this angst with Jack. My wish list...a big honkin' kiss between the REAL Jack/Sam and an announcement of the relationship to Daniel/Teal'c--both would be the ultimate!
                            -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                              Thanks for finding the article, sueKay. It really doesn't make me feel any better or worse about RDA's appearance in Seasons 8 and 9. I'd like to think that even with his daughter, he will miss working and come back for a few episodes in season 9. I took about a year off when my youngest son was born and I did miss work (but of course, I'm not RDA and my lifestyle was no where near as fortunate as his). Still...acting is something he has done all his life; I can't imagine him walking away from it totally.

Ideally I'd like for Sam to continue to be strong in her position on SG1, but also for us to have a resolution to all this angst with Jack. My wish list...a big honkin' kiss between the REAL Jack/Sam and an announcement of the relationship to Daniel/Teal'c--both would be the ultimate!
                              yeah thanks SueKay but as girlgater says, It doesn't make me feel better..We'll have to wait and see fellows !

about Sam being strong in her position to SG1, I've just seen the interview with Ben Browder and mister says he's the leader of SG1 !! I think I'm not gonna like this guy...didn't like his interview and the fact he kinda is here instead of RDA doesn't make the things better for him ! anyway maybe he says that only for the six first new episodes and I hope so but it seems compromised for Sam to be in charge of SG1

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                                yeah thanks SueKay but as girlgater says, It doesn't make me feel better..We'll have to wait and see fellows !

about Sam being strong in her position to SG1, I've just seen the interview with Ben Browder and mister says he's the leader of SG1 !! I think I'm not gonna like this guy...didn't like his interview and the fact he kinda is here instead of RDA doesn't make the things better for him ! anyway maybe he says that only for the six first new episodes and I hope so but it seems compromised for Sam to be in charge of SG1
                                I don't think they gave Sam much of a chance to lead SG-1. IMO, they didn't want a female leader of SG-1. Now they have a chance to move a guy back into that position.
                                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X