X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1
    Well said Darkquee

if Shippers keep watching the show ..why would TPTB modify the direction ??!!

If Shippers keep on buying the DVD's ( I'm not by the way ..no buying season 7, 8, and 9 for me I stopped at season 6 and I'm happy with that ) then why why TPTB employ new women writers to make the show more appealing on a human level?!!!

On the other end ..and this is very good .... I'm spending my money on buying DVD's for other shows like Alias and Dark angel .

Caty
    Oh, I don't know Caty. I'm glad I got the Season 7 DVDs...first of all to hear the commentary for Avenger 2.0...especially for the scene in Felger's apartment which was hilarious...and then of course the LOST CITY commentary...

...when AT was pointing out at the end how she called him Jack and that that was important...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      Sam and Jack forever in the season 9 premiere and I want to hear it
      Caty

Hear, hear, Caty! I second the motion! I bet they can hear it all the way out to Vancouver!!!!!

Ok.....now I'm off to Knoxville!

Comment

Just to throw some cents into the pool here... I thought S5 & 6 were really light on with ship. Whereas 7 has plenty of it, ala Grace, Heros, Lost City etc.... plus the commentaries alone make it worth it. Amanda does alot of the commentaries in 7. If you're picking and choosing which DVDs to buy... 7 is always on my list

I can't wait for 8, I just gotta hear the commentaries on Threads & Moebius.. obviously... but also IGTBK & that scene in the hallway in that one with the wedding.... plus the Director's series and who knows what ship-bits will surface out of it... I'm a slave to marketing.. but I'm happy that way...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
          Good point gatebee.Knowing the Shippers Luck
          Spoiler:
          RDA will return for 10 and AT will not.I think it's way to soon to talk about a Season 10.If Season 9 does not work there may not be a Season 10.Until I hear 100% there will be a 10th Season and RDA will be returning I will try not to think about it.I'am just hoping RDA will be in more than 2 episodes for Season 9 and if there is a 10th Season I'll think about it then.

If there is a season 10 it will be like the x-files..except this time they'll do the missing character for both of them ...Jack for Season 9 and Sam for season 10 just to keep the carrot hanging in front of the shippers ..

but Do they think we are that stupid or what ???

I mean the x-files was sad without Mulder but still the romance was there and still very believable ...and he (Muder) did came back for Scully quite a lot for season 9 anyway ..So it was alright ..Chris carter and David Duchovny know they have made a bit of a mistake there but they still did quite well considering the departure of DD .To have Mulder abducted for part of his quest was a brilliant idea ..when they went wrong was when he left on his own will for his protection and his family and without Scully and the baby going with him ....

Hopefully everybody (Hear TPTB!!!) learnt that a show where there are 2 lead characters is doom without one of them ...and although Daniel and Teal'c are part of SG1 , they are not the main characters to me anyway ..so if Sam and/or Jack is missing for a year or more .....the show won't be the same for many reasons that we all know and not only ship reasons but humor, angst .....the banter with those 2 characters are extremely important .

Anyway ..Slighty fed up to talk about SG1 and I'm gonna watch some good shippy x-files Mulder and Scully episodes for a change ..that was such a treat and I miss them so much ..Please please Movie 2 hurry up so that I can go back into the x-files again

Caty

Comment

Great points Caty and DarkQuee1.I was tempted to stop watching after
            Spoiler:
            New Order and then again after Affinity.I'am still kicking myself for being too Loyal to the Show.TPTB dragged the Sam and Jack Ship out because the ratings were good.I think Fans forget we have more Power than we think.I will not repeat the same mistakes for Season 9.I'll watch the Jack episodes and if there's an episode that Sam talks about Jack I'll hear about it and then I could always go back and watch the repeat.TPTB had the chance to put Sam and Jack together in Threads and Moebius and choose to leave things up in the Air.TPTB have to understand when you do not give the Fans what they want there's a price to pay.It is going to be very tough when July comes around because I'am so use to watching SG-1.If Season 9 gets off to a bad start you can bet TPTB will try to get RDA to appear in more episodes and TPTB will try to push the Ship.I would Love to see TPTB try to please the Shippers for once and not all the other fans instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
              Just to throw some cents into the pool here... I thought S5 & 6 were really light on with ship. Whereas 7 has plenty of it, ala Grace, Heros, Lost City etc.... plus the commentaries alone make it worth it. Amanda does alot of the commentaries in 7. If you're picking and choosing which DVDs to buy... 7 is always on my list

I can't wait for 8, I just gotta hear the commentaries on Threads & Moebius.. obviously... but also IGTBK & that scene in the hallway in that one with the wedding.... plus the Director's series and who knows what ship-bits will surface out of it... I'm a slave to marketing.. but I'm happy that way...

I also have marketing experience

but I still think that Stargate Tptb is extremely mean to the shippers .
              When you market a product ,usually you want to please your customers ( SALE AND AFTERCARE TOO) ..and you usually know how the product is doing from a market research before putting it on the market .

Of course For a show it's different , they know it from viewing and feedback from the episode in question ..... may be from reruns ....but if all the shippers say that they will still buy the DVD's no matter what well obviously TPTB is NOT gonna give them what they want right now but will wait right up to the very end like season 10 or season 11 ..and it will be the last episode .
              Now Saying that Some TPTB are kinder than others ..and some are extremely generous in ship all along the 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 years of the show ( X-files was generous compared to SG1)

Caty

Comment

Caty whether the Actors TPTB or Fans like it or not
                Spoiler:
                Sam and Jack go Hand in Hand.The characters will never be the same if it's just Jack by Himself or Sam by Herself.It is more than just the Ship with Sam and Jack.I hate to say it but for me the Sam character does not have the same appeal without Jack.I just know TPTB will use Sam and the guest Star of the week even more without Jack around.I said it before and I'll say it again.SG-1 needs Women writers Badly.These writers cannot write for Men let alone Women.Teal'c and Daniel's personal Lifes have been written just as Badly as Sam's.IMO Affinity proved that fact.

Comment

Myrth I respect what your saying but commentaries mean very little to me.
                  Spoiler:
                  TPTB can say they Love Ship or promise to resolve the Ship it does not matter to me.I need to see Sam and Jack get together on Screen.Talk is cheap.Season 7 and 8 were very disappointing IMO so I will not spend a Dime on the DVD'S.

Comment

I really beleive that Threads was leading up to something. To have an episode that changing right before theseason ends, to put an AU ep right after it, it's like they're planning to have something in season 8. I don't think they'd push the ship as far as they did in threads if they weren't following through. I'm not saying we'll get a complete resolution. Maybe they'll want to drag it out for a while. I mean, after 8 years a single ep resolution might seem almost TOO sudden. I think the tension between Jack and Sam makes a great plot device and I think they want to use it as much as they can. Which, as a writer, I can appreciate. But there comes a time when you're characters won't take anymore. And i think that's where sam and Jack are. I think it's time for the characters to take action

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                      I really beleive that Threads was leading up to something. To have an episode that changing right before theseason ends, to put an AU ep right after it, it's like they're planning to have something in season 8. I don't think they'd push the ship as far as they did in threads if they weren't following through. I'm not saying we'll get a complete resolution. Maybe they'll want to drag it out for a while. I mean, after 8 years a single ep resolution might seem almost TOO sudden. I think the tension between Jack and Sam makes a great plot device and I think they want to use it as much as they can. Which, as a writer, I can appreciate. But there comes a time when you're characters won't take anymore. And i think that's where sam and Jack are. I think it's time for the characters to take action
                      This is something I've touched on earlier about THREADS.

If TPTB wanted to squash the Sam/Jack issue, Threads would have been THE opportunity to do it.

Sam, who has finally gotten past her reservations, could have been really excited about her upcoming nuptuals with Pete. Jack could have continued to be supportive of Sam, even though he harbored feelings for her that he would never get to realize. Jacob, although not sure at first that she was going after what she really wanted, would have given her his blessing...and then with him dying, Sam would have found comfort in Pete, thereby cementing their bond. After a period of mourning, General Hammond could have walked her down the aisle.

BUT NONE OF THAT HAPPENED!

Sam NEVER got past her reservations...they only grew stronger and stronger as time passed by and she began to really believe she screwed up by accepting Pete's proposal. She avoided Pete and all things having to do with the wedding, allbeit she kept insisting that she WAS going to marry him and she DID want to be involved in the ceremony. Jack, who supported Sam on GP, could not help but unconciously reveal his feelings for Sam when she left his house, and Kerry obviously picked up on it. Jacob was wary the whole time about Pete and was not shy about voicing his concerns; plus he as much as told her to go after what she wanted, i.e. JACK, and not let regulations get in the way. As her father languished, Sam didn't go to Pete, but rather found comfort with Jack...thereby continuing to cement THEIR bond.

I'm still pulling for Hammond to eventually walk her down the aisle.

I'm thinking that'll happen at the end of Season 32.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hi Shipper Family!
                        I think season 9 will give us some type of resolution to the Sam/Jack drawn out relationship. There must be some definitive answer as to whether or not they are together (which I think they are). By the way...SciFi is showing Beneath the Surface tomorrow night. Ahhh...the shippy, "I remember...feelings" moment.
                        -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                          Just had a minute to check in - and realised my assignment has changed

I'm not going on an undercover assignment for My Lord anymore - I'm recruiting my own loyal jaffa army to challenge her!

Kneel before your GOD MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Thanks Shipper Family for all the wonderful jello ((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))

BTW Bev .... Would now be a good time to hand in my notice? Do you require me to work the full notice period, or shall I just clear the desk now?
                          Congratulations!!!

*See me later and I'll pass on the key to the executive washroom*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            This is something I've touched on earlier about THREADS.

If TPTB wanted to squash the Sam/Jack issue, Threads would have been THE opportunity to do it.

Sam, who has finally gotten past her reservations, could have been really excited about her upcoming nuptuals with Pete. Jack could have continued to be supportive of Sam, even though he harbored feelings for her that he would never get to realize. Jacob, although not sure at first that she was going after what she really wanted, would have given her his blessing...and then with him dying, Sam would have found comfort in Pete, thereby cementing their bond. After a period of mourning, General Hammond could have walked her down the aisle.

BUT NONE OF THAT HAPPENED!

Sam NEVER got past her reservations...they only grew stronger and stronger as time passed by and she began to really believe she screwed up by accepting Pete's proposal. She avoided Pete and all things having to do with the wedding, allbeit she kept insisting that she WAS going to marry him and she DID want to be involved in the ceremony. Jack, who supported Sam on GP, could not help but unconciously reveal his feelings for Sam when she left his house, and Kerry obviously picked up on it. Jacob was wary the whole time about Pete and was not shy about voicing his concerns; plus he as much as told her to go after what she wanted, i.e. JACK, and not let regulations get in the way. As her father languished, Sam didn't go to Pete, but rather found comfort with Jack...thereby continuing to cement THEIR bond.

I'm still pulling for Hammond to eventually walk her down the aisle.

I so hope you're right about this. I'm just so afraid to trust TPTB anymore.
                            ROFL at that last line!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

ROTFL!!! That's brilliant. You have a definate point there!

Comment

New Music Video Release!

All I Ask Of You
                                Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack

I really felt that I could do one last song since my Army Deployment was delayed due to a family emergency back in March, and I've just been struggling to find the right song until now. Well, anyway, enjoy.
                                Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Working...
                                X