X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    *hugs*

i think the biggest stumbling block for me on this issue is that the ppl making the show wouldn't/couldn't/didn't want to admit they just possibly made a mistake. i think that's a bit why i handled affinity better, because i knew that 'someone' out of them didn't like what was going on (amanda). the most honest reaction i read from anyone was from david deluise, himself, that said he wouldn't treat someone like that.

i sometimes wonder if i over react to this (which i know i'm prob doing a bit because the whole 'boyfriend for sam' concept hurt me to begin with), but i don't like being told that i'm stupid for finding a prob with pete's actions (and sam's lack of), and that's what i felt the writers/ppl that made the show did. i'm not asking for an apology, i'm asking to not be made a fool. pete wasn't evil, or even bad, he just went in a direction that was very disrespectful to my fave character and, adding, almost cost her her life. please don't tell me there's nothing wrong with that. and that's what i felt like had happened. and that's why this continues, to this day, to be a touchy subject for me.

k, done with my monthly chimera/pete rant.

sally
    Then you're in big trouble sal because it's only the 7th day of the month. Are you honestly suggesting you can hold off discussing Chimera/Pete until JUNE???

I think not.

The great thing about the fandom of a show as great as this one is the fact that you and I and others can watch the same episodes and have completely different reactions to certain elements, come on this board and rant and rave about whatever aspect we feel passionate about and still come out of the discussion as both friends and loyal fans of the show.

I think my feelings regarding Pete are tempered because I was scared with Grace and Chimera that they were moving away from Sam/Jack and were pushing for Sam to go on with her life and find love with another man. But even after Chimera and Affinity I still loved the show, but it just kinda dimmed my passion for the series a little.

And then they gave us Threads...and I came to the belief that Grace, Chimera and Affinity were just bumps in the long Sam/Jack road. Their journey is a long one...just like Harm and Mac's was...and I still believe that TPTB can get it right, otherwise, why bother with Threads?

Really?

What would have been the point of Threads if they intend to drop the topic entirely? That makes no sense whatsoever to me as a writer and a fan. If they were going to abandon the emotions between them, then Threads would have been the time to do it...with Sam being giddy about getting married and Jack cracking jokes about wearing his formal uniform to the event.

But instead, Sam continued to question the rash decisions she made and realized that marrying Pete would have been a huge mistake.

Score one for the shippers.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
      Token I agree.I think the Days of RDA being a regular cast member are over.I also think we may have to wait for the Last SG-1 episode to have the Sam and Jack Ship resolved.If TPTB have there way that will be in Season 15.I would rather see RDA in some Jack heavy episodes instead of seeing him for a Couple of minutes in an episode.
      That would be a blessing and a curse! A blessing 'cause we'd get six more seasons of Stargate, but a curse 'cause IT WOULD TAKE THAT LONG FOR RESOLVEMENT!!!!

*pant, pant, pant.* I'm alright now.
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Token I agree.I think the Days of RDA being a regular cast member are over.I also think we may have to wait for the Last SG-1 episode to have the Sam and Jack Ship resolved.If TPTB have there way that will be in Season 15.I would rather see RDA in some Jack heavy episodes instead of seeing him for a Couple of minutes in an episode.
        I think you and Token are probably right. Jack will probably be a recurring character now, and I agree I'd rather see him in a few heavy eps each season like we've seen for Bra'tac and Jacob over the years. One things for sure - viewing figs for those eps would be through the roof

But as much as I like the idea of SG-1 continuing until S15 ....
        Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
        That would be a blessing and a curse! A blessing 'cause we'd get six more seasons of Stargate, but a curse 'cause IT WOULD TAKE THAT LONG FOR RESOLVEMENT!!!!

*pant, pant, pant.* I'm alright now.
        It might take me a wee while longer to recover from that thought
        sigpic

Comment

I was hoping at the end of Season 8 we would get an episode like
          Spoiler:
          Lost City and Jack would either go missing or everyone though he was Dead.I think it would have given Sam Daniel and Teal'c great motivation to return to the SGC and search for Jack under a new General and possibly new SG-1 Leader.I'am not sure if it was on this Forum and if it's true but I though I heard RDA was not Happy with the Moebius episode being AU.I was not Happy either.In regard to Jack in Season 9 I just cannot see Jack going from one Desk Job to another.I think there were plenty of ways to bring back Jack besides having Jack be in Command of Homeworld Security.

Comment

hi guys,

thanks oma for the tip i have been there to read fanfic about sam and jack,i have also read Lunar's,suekay,mei mei sam fan,mishy mo and all the others,i just love reading it,even though a woman of 29 i still blush at some of the stories that i have read.

the only thing bugging me with bringing in new people to sg1 is that i think they should have at least brought Jonas back in,ok he could be boring but i liked him quite a lot i think he could have brought more to the show than he was given.

I really don't want hunky men coming in(BB) because Jack was enough and will be the only one for me.

I have grown up for the last 8 years with these people the same as friends ok they finished at 10 years but at least they all finished together which was fab,but a big part of the show is Jack,the grins,the sarky comments,banter between him and daniel,the jokes he tells teal'c and most of all the ship between sam and Jack.

I will still watch the show but it will half hearted,i watched from the beginning so i won't let myself down by missing the season.

ok had my little rant for the week sorry if i have said any-thing out of term.

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
              Talking about Grace the other day inspired me, so here's my version

Grace
              (((((Oma))))) I can't give you any green, but I love it...always.
              -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                Shippy hugs everyone!

Here's a pic of Ship Sistah and me from March when she was on her Shipper Tour. Notice that we're wearing our

Shipper Medals of Courage!

*Thanks, Ship Nana, for the idea!*

I'm on the right.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...ker/02_29A.jpg
                This is a wonderful picture of you both. I'm so jealous as I'd love to meet up with members of the shipper family.
                sigpic

Comment

I've just been pondering (as I do)... being a gamer and a Stargate fan I'm pretty excited about the release of Stargate Alliance in August.

But I'm also hoping that somewhere in the staff of the development house.. there is a shipper faction. According to the interviews I read from them, they have around 60 staff, all SG fans... you'd think out of that number, the law of averages would mean there's at least a few shippers right.

So... I'm hoping for some shippy cut-scenes in this game, or bonus missions which have ship flavouring.. or you know... something fun

Keeping in mind the actors have to film the motion for the characters, I think that would be a whole bunch of fun.. and fairly unprecedented in gaming.

So my shippy heart says.. gimme shippy stuff in the game!

My marketing experience tells me e-mailing this suggestion to the developers may not be a completey insane idea. I mean if they were to leak details of a shippy cut scene, or unlockable bonus shippy levels in the game.. I have a feeling there's be a certain amount of guaranteed sales... am I right?

{crosses fingers for SHIP IN 3D!!!)

Ok.. random ramble finished.. for today
                  sigpic

Comment

I was hoping at the end of Season 8 we would get an episode like
                    Spoiler:
                    Lost City and Jack would either go missing or everyone though he was Dead.I think it would have given Sam Daniel and Teal'c great motivation to return to the SGC and search for Jack under a new General and possibly new SG-1 Leader.I'am not sure if it was on this Forum and if it's true but I though I heard RDA was not Happy with the Moebius episode being AU.I was not Happy either.In regard to Jack in Season 9 I just cannot see Jack going from one Desk Job to another.I think there were plenty of ways to bring back Jack besides having Jack be in Command of Homeworld Security.
                    I agree with you, ses! I heard RDA doesn't like AU because he has a hard time keeping up with "who" he's supposed to be in "which" scenes.

I would like to know the process that TPTB went through to make the decision on what to do with Jack and his involvement. I would never picture Jack taking a desk job or much less a BIGGER desk job, but the character had to be written that way to accomodate RDA. I find that commentaries sometimes help me understand why scenes don't make sense like the end of "2001" when SG-1 didn't seemed concerned about Sam's injuries. It always seemed out of character for Jack, Daniel and Teal'c, but it had nothing to do with the script because it was the actors that didn't want to take "suggestions" from the director. I guess that is why I enjoy books more than visual media. In books, a writer can take me anywhere and develop the complexity of characters. Usually, a movie will entice me to read the book, and rarely does a movie do a book justice.

Well, I guess I should stop before I get too deep for my shallow mind.

Token ~

Comment

Hello, everyone! It's been soooo long since I've been on here..................I feel like I've missed everything. I did try to get on the other night and noticed GW was off line. I feel like I've lost contact with family members. Anyway, I've been reading lots of fanfic lately.....just finished " Forever and For Always" by Hail Dorothy. It's really long, but I enjoyed it a lot!!!!! Have I missed anything big? I really can't go back ata least 50 pages................
                      Hope you all are well!!!!

Comment

Token IMO New Order and Moebius were the 2 most disappointing SG-1 episodes.I always though 2 part episodes should be a little special and I felt both episodes were a waste of Time.I also feel it is fine for the Actors to have there say when it comes to the Show but IMO the Actors should do what the Director wants.Actors should become Directors if they want to call the shots.

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
                          hi guys,

I will still watch the show but it will half hearted,i watched from the beginning so i won't let myself down by missing the season.

ok had my little rant for the week sorry if i have said any-thing out of term.

wynterxx

Thing is, if shippers will watch, regardless of whether or not TPTB screw us, then they have no incentive *not* to screw us. Especially as certain other fan groups will scream, shout, rant, threaten not to watch (among other things they threaten) and the like to get what they want.

J.
                          "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                            BTW... Has anyone seen a recent (within a month) picture of RDA? I'm curious if he has cut his hair for the two episodes he filmed. Season 9
                            Spoiler:
                            If no haircut, maybe he is a civilian??
                            Just a thought! More like..wishful thinking!
                            He *is* a civilian: my understanding of something JM said is that they are turning the entire Home World Security into a civilian-run department (as Homeland Defense is). Which would mean that Jack becomes a civilian. Of course, having retired as a general, he would always be called general; you keep the rank upon retiring.

J.
                            "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

As for Moebius,
                              Spoiler:
                              I've said it once and will say it again: the episode was disappointing for me, too, and I was certainly not impressed by the storyline the writers tried to come up with. They sacrificed SG-1's quality in an effort to pimp Atlantis. Now, making Atlantis great is fine, but making SG-1 bad in order to make Atlantis look better is not fine.

And as for RDA...I HOPE he cuts his hair upon return. Not a big fan of the overly long haired look. Season 3 length would be juuust fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                                Alas, no. Not this time! But here is some virtual chocolate for you... Sorry, I couldn't resist taking a bite.

Great picture!! You definitely deserve those medals!!

Ses, I have been withholding my thoughts on RDA/Jack returning because I've been...well...lazy. I think it is a postive sign that RDA wanted Jack to remain as part of Stargate. RDA wanted to keep his options open. I don't think he would ever return as a regular cast member. I don't they have the production money for that, but Jack could be a recurring character. As far as Sam/Jack ship is concerned, I think TPTB left it open because it was not the end of Jack nor Stargate. My thoughts are that TPTB will wait until the definite end to completely resolve the issue kinda like JAG.

If the writers have a good storyline that has good meat for the Jack character, I would hope they would pitch it to RDA and see if he is interested. I think it will be good for the writers to not have to develop storylines where they have to "throw" Jack in just for the sake of it. I will see if I enjoy Season 9. It's all a matter if I'm enjoying my choice of entertainment.

BTW... Has anyone seen a recent (within a month) picture of RDA? I'm curious if he has cut his hair for the two episodes he filmed. Season 9
                                Spoiler:
                                If no haircut, maybe he is a civilian??
                                Just a thought! More like..wishful thinking!
                                When I was at the Vancouver con, they had a panel that included N. John Smith, Andy Mikita and Martin Wood. It was said during their time on stage, that RDA wanted Jack left in the picture so he (Jack & RDA) could come back. They alluded to coming back for season 10 but didn't come right out and say it. They went on to say how many of them have gone away and come back, actors, writers, producers.

It gave me a lot to hope for in the future, I just know Jack won't be able to stay away too long from Sam, he so loves her!!!!
                                In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                                so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                                Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                                Hic Comitas Regit
                                Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Working...
                                X