X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    I think she was afraid of the answer. Grace
    Spoiler:
    If he said he loved her and wanted to be with her then who is going to give up their job. If he said he didn't have feelings for her, she would be hurt and didn't want to handle rejection. I think she looked at Jack as a no win situation.
    ya know-that is a real good answer. But to pick
    Spoiler:
    Pete as a consolation prize. I suppose that to be 'fair'-they maybe really wanted pete to be a nice guy-but they blew it with sub-par writing and acting. How many of us would really feel sorry for him by Threads if he was actually very good to and for Sam?
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Just an off the cuff thought... is it possible no-one really warmed (and that's polite phrasing) to Pete because he was written not to be liked? He was the nice guy no-one liked.... you can't acheive that in writing without some thought and planning.... surely... so that begs the question why?

The answer is obvious to me.. but I thought it was an interesting idea
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
        Just an off the cuff thought... is it possible no-one really warmed (and that's polite phrasing) to Pete because he was written not to be liked? He was the nice guy no-one liked.... you can't acheive that in writing without some thought and planning.... surely... so that begs the question why?

K-that is a valid point but...
        Spoiler:
        why do I feel that the whole backlash against Pete and the way he was written and portrayed was taken so personally by the Boys in Vancouver??? I could understand Pete to be a one-hit wonder-but I believe-and it is only my opinion-that they took the rejection very personally and shoved the character down our throats. And they didn't even take our concerns about his actions seriously enough-hence the joke about his stalking her in Affinity.
        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth

I remember reading many quotes, where people stated they liked Pete, and were FOR the relationship. I wasn't one of them, but I don't think Pete was intentionally written to be disliked. I just think, that after 8 years, all Shippers just didn't accept Sam with anyone else. Personally, I think he was too immature and clingy for Sam, but that's just my opinion.

Now IF Pete was written to be disliked, it could have been to stir up the fans, and guess what? It worked. TPTB are human and from what I've seen, they all have a sense of humor, so perhaps it was their way of making us squirm and get a laugh at the same time.

I'm just glad she finally saw the light.......
          On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
            ya know-that is a real good answer. But to pick
            Spoiler:
            Pete as a consolation prize. I suppose that to be 'fair'-they maybe really wanted pete to be a nice guy-but they blew it with sub-par writing and acting. How many of us would really feel sorry for him by Threads if he was actually very good to and for Sam?
            Threads
            Spoiler:

I felt sorry for Pete when he meet Jacob. Sam put him in a bad situation without telling him he was meeting her Dad. He came off looking like a idiot. Jacob had already made up his mind before he met the guy that he wasn't the one for Sam.

I didn't feel sorry for him after the breakup. Pete pretty much admitted that Sam was way out of his league. He knew there were problems. It is usually the woman pushing the man to help with the wedding, not the other way around. I think him buying the house was a way to keep her in the relationship. I think he was in a hurry to get her to the alter before she changed her mind.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Does anyone know if Amanda started work on the SG1 set yesterday? Or since Olivia was a week late in coming, does she start next Monday? Really would like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                Threads
                Spoiler:

I felt sorry for Pete when he meet Jacob. Sam put him in a bad situation without telling him he was meeting her Dad. He came off looking like a idiot. Jacob had already made up his mind before he met the guy that he wasn't the one for Sam.

I didn't feel sorry for him after the breakup. Pete pretty much admitted that Sam was way out of his league. He knew there were problems. It is usually the woman pushing the man to help with the wedding, not the other way around. I think him buying the house was a way to keep her in the relationship. I think he was in a hurry to get her to the alter before she changed her mind.
                that could entirely be possible-but the whole setup in Threads didn't make much sense to me anyway-but this show is real big on not dealing with consequences and ramifications-so what they hey.

but as far as Sam and emotional issues-she is, as she told Jonas he was in Metamorphis
                Spoiler:
                a chickensh**t

Comment

Hello, there.....and welcome back to our happy place, everyone! Despite GW's outages, I was beginning to wonder where you all were!

pittsburghgirl, you are so right!

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                  there is no question that loneliness had a lot to do with it-and you can be alone in a crowd. If you think that RDA's portrait of General Jack as
                  Spoiler:
                  bitter, lonely and angry man is on purpose-there is a lot that is going on-but what bugged me about season 8 is that I really think that Jack bordered on really "hating" Sam. Now what is that all about??? I love you so much-I hate you for it? I really don't know. Season 8 was very puzzeling with their interactions. And I still cannot account for what made them turn to each other in Threads-but that...as they say is another ball of wax.
                  There's a very thin line between love and hate, they say. Think of Jack as we first knew him eight years ago. He was very bitter, lonely and angry after losing his son and his wife. But time is a great healer, and his time at the SGC gave him new focus and energy. A lot of that has to do with
                  Spoiler:
                  his feelings for Sam. I think in his mind, he always intended to do something about it.....when the time was "right." Then, when she found Pete, the old lonely, angry Jack returned, because Jack thought he had lost his chance to have a life with her. Pete and Kerry were mistakes, and I think TPTB put them in there to try and convince some of the non-shippers that the J/S relationship wasn't so bad after all.

Also, Jack knew why Sam came to his house that day. He heard enough to know what she would have said, if Kerry hadn't been there. He knew she was reaching out to him. So, realizing the time had come when he could no longer ignore it, he reached out to her in the infirmary. And he's making plans to retire, so he can really be with her!!!!!!

I had a shorter version of Sally's idea for when AT returns:

(Scene: SGC Conference Room. Gen. Landry is there with Daniel, Teal'c and Cam for an SG-1 briefing)

Landry: I'm sorry to make you wait. Colonel O'Neill will be here shortly.

Daniel: Colonel O'Neill? We haven't had a Colonel O'Neill here in a couple of years, General.

Sam (coming through door): Well, you do now.....but why don't we just stay with Carter, General? It'll probably be a lot easier for everyone.

Wouldn't that rock?????!!!!! But I doubt she and Jack would run off and get married without telling Daniel and Teal'c, so.....

Please, hear us, PTB! If you just let us know that Sam & Jack are together, we can accept Cam and the new direction of the show! If they're not together, the whole thing will just leave us unhappy, disillusioned and unable to accept the changes! Please don't disenfranchise us!!!

Comment

Please, hear us, PTB! If you just let us know that Sam & Jack are together, we can accept Cam and the new direction of the show! If they're not together, the whole thing will just leave us unhappy, disillusioned and unable to accept the changes! Please don't disenfranchise us!!! (courtesty of sg-1fanintn)

yeah, i agree with you on the above statement.

Comment

Originally posted by dmovies
                      Does anyone know if Amanda started work on the SG1 set yesterday? Or since Olivia was a week late in coming, does she start next Monday? Really would like to know.
                      As AT has already visited the set WITH Olivia, I would hazard a guess she started filming this week. Hope I'm right!
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                        Hello, there.....and welcome back to our happy place, everyone! Despite GW's outages, I was beginning to wonder where you all were!

pittsburghgirl, you are so right!

There's a very thin line between love and hate, they say. Think of Jack as we first knew him eight years ago. He was very bitter, lonely and angry after losing his son and his wife. But time is a great healer, and his time at the SGC gave him new focus and energy. A lot of that has to do with
                        Spoiler:
                        his feelings for Sam. I think in his mind, he always intended to do something about it.....when the time was "right." Then, when she found Pete, the old lonely, angry Jack returned, because Jack thought he had lost his chance to have a life with her. Pete and Kerry were mistakes, and I think TPTB put them in there to try and convince some of the non-shippers that the J/S relationship wasn't so bad after all.

Also, Jack knew why Sam came to his house that day. He heard enough to know what she would have said, if Kerry hadn't been there. He knew she was reaching out to him. So, realizing the time had come when he could no longer ignore it, he reached out to her in the infirmary. And he's making plans to retire, so he can really be with her!!!!!!

I had a shorter version of Sally's idea for when AT returns:

(Scene: SGC Conference Room. Gen. Landry is there with Daniel, Teal'c and Cam for an SG-1 briefing)

Landry: I'm sorry to make you wait. Colonel O'Neill will be here shortly.

Daniel: Colonel O'Neill? We haven't had a Colonel O'Neill here in a couple of years, General.

Sam (coming through door): Well, you do now.....but why don't we just stay with Carter, General? It'll probably be a lot easier for everyone.

Wouldn't that rock?????!!!!! But I doubt she and Jack would run off and get married without telling Daniel and Teal'c, so.....

I don't know, thier plenty old enough to elope, and after thier respective marital escapades they might want to keep it simple. adorable idea

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                          I don't know, thier plenty old enough to elope, and after thier respective marital escapades they might want to keep it simple. adorable idea
                          Good point! I like the way you think! That certainly would resolve the ship quickly and neatly, wouldn't it?

Comment

I think AT's already back at work...she said that she'd be taking Olivia with her of Alan was at work.

(I'm in the library now)

I'm in the camp that think's Pete's redeemable. I hated his guts after Chimera, but now I think he's okay...I think he has serious issues over his failed marriage, and probably
                            Spoiler:
                            more now after Threads
                            . I believe that he could have been written better and that there was a lot more potential for him...OC TPTB shot that in the foot with
                            Spoiler:
                            Assinity
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I didn't particularly dislike Pete, he just wasn't for Sam. (We all know who is, though).

By the way...has everyone seen the message regarding reputation points?
                              -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                                I didn't particularly dislike Pete, he just wasn't for Sam. (We all know who is, though).

By the way...has everyone seen the message regarding reputation points?
                                yes and thankfully they are doing that.

Comment

Working...
                                X