This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickatell
    Uber, just to be clear, what you are saying is that Season eight basically saw the personal growth of Sam Carter's feelings for a "normal" life and her realization that her love for Jack is more important than a "normal" life, right?????? This much I agree with you on; but was this realization important enought to use up valuable time and episodes when one half of the relationship would not be returning as a regular in the next season???? To me these points, if they were that important would have been addressed in season 3 bringing us to the proper resolution in Season 8. I think the timing for these "realizations" is what is off in this relationship. Really when you think about it we could have all of season 9 dealing with Jack feeling not worthy of Sams affections as another evasive tactic by TPTB. Granted all of these things could and do happen in real life; but folks as we all know this is a tv show we have to speed "real life" up, our boy is leaving or has left the building.
    Yup! What's so sad about this is that Jack will be
    Spoiler:
    saying goodbye to the guys,but Sam won't be there. They could have done something at the end of Moebius. They knew RDA wasn't coming back except for a couple of eps, and they knew Amanda was having her baby so wouldn't be around. All it would have taken is a quick conversation and a
    BIG HONKIN' KISS!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
      I agree with you Sally, if TPTB were going to jump this deeply into Sam's emotions by introducing a boyfriend, then having the relationship develop into a marriage proposal all unfolding before our very eyes;then how can they justify using just the fishing invitation as a suggestion that her relationship with Jack is back on track. I mean IMO the passion, emotion and energy it took to introduce the new boyfriend should have also been given to the conclusion or realization that her love for Jack is truly what is real and important. I understand in doing so a decision would have had to have been made in order to advance the relationship and keep in line with the AF regs, which is what we didn't get for the conslusion of Season 8 which IMO is where is should have been.
      I totally agree with you. Why oh why didn't they just do it then?
      sigpic

Comment

I'am getting tired of TPTB as well.I just read TPTB comments on Gateworld about how everyone is the happiest they've ever been and it's a new chapter and renewed energy.It's sounds like they want 10 more Years of SG-1.It would be nice to hear a little mention about RDA's importance to the Show and how they hope he will be around.I will not watch any Friday night episodes of SG-1.The more I hear from TPTB the more I want Season 9 to fail Big Time.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
          I'am getting tired of TPTB as well.I just read TPTB comments on Gateworld about how everyone is the happiest they've ever been and it's a new chapter and renewed energy.It's sounds like they want 10 more Years of SG-1.It would be nice to hear a little mention about RDA's importance to the Show and how they hope he will be around.I will not watch any Friday night episodes of SG-1.The more I hear from TPTB the more I want Season 9 to fail Big Time.
          I don't about anyone else but I feel Season 9
          Spoiler:
          the Sword in the Stone is so over done. Even Disney has a movie about it. Next SG-1 will be looking for the Holy Grail. They will fight a rabbit and then French men who catapult cows at them. Then they will build a big trogan rabbit and forget to get inside.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Yeah - as I think about it more, Pete and Jack probably never met...
            They may not have met but Jack has definitely seen him--the end of Chimera, when Pete comes in and mucks things up and gets himself hurt (blast it all! I wish Osiris had better aim that day! Then we wouldn't be having this convo lol)

...or maybe she avoided the topic of Jack altogether, which in itself is a "tell"...
            My money's on this theory.
            Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
            Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
            Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Season 3 gave us glimpses that they were feeling things beyond what they were supposed to feel, given their work scenario. But was that enough for them to ditch their careers and pursue a romance? And would we as fans been happy if SG-1 disbanded so early on in the series for them to have a love story? And what would they have done to that active love story over the last several years? There would have had to have been conflict to keep the romance interesting. Would they have gotten married, separated and then back together? Plus there's the added problem of turning Stargate SG-1 into "As the Gate Turns."
              All that was needed was a conversation between them, saying that they would keep things on hold for the moment.
              Why do you think that getting them together would have turned things into a soap? It could have given us personal stories like what it's like to have loved ones risk their lives every day (as happens in real life). I wouldn't expect them to be having HWMS on the briefing room table every scene (although it's a very nice thought!), but they could just react to each other as two people together.

And as to the lateness of these revelations, I think they needed the time and so did we. As I said before, Season 3 or 4 would have been too early in their "relationship" for them to do something drastic. Plus, I as a fan felt and enjoyed the angst of watching them have feelings they weren't free to express. It builds tension and makes the actual "getting together" all the more sweet.
              I agree with you here. The problem is that they let it go on far too long. There's fun with all the looks and the angst, but too much and it starts to annoy everyone.

But that's the thing with feelings and chemistry...if it's real, it exists whether it's planned or written. It would have been dishonest to the characters to completely ignore it forever, but they could have done it permanently with Sam marrying Pete and Jack building something with Kerry.
              If they'd done this, I don't think there would have been much of an audience left for their precious season 9.

I still think/hope we may see more of RDA than we know or can be told...that's just a gut feeling here...so I think that, unless TPTB truly HATE shippers, and plan to completely disregard the massive story arc of Sam and Jack that they themselves chose to explore in great detail this past season, we will have some acknowledgement on some level of something between Sam and Jack.
              We can only hope! My problem is that I just don't trust TPTB anymore, so I really don't want to set myself up to be disappointed yet again.
              sigpic

Comment

And for the hundredth time, David DeLuise is HOT! I just don't see him as a Potato Head folks. He simply has gorgeous eyes and a beautiful smile.
                He's as hot to me as indigestion!
                Originally posted by majorsal
                take out the second half of chimera, and he wasn't a bad guy. but that last half did him irrefutable damage. and how did the ptb try to fix the prob? rob cooper told us we had issues. i still feel all warm and tingly with the amount of care that went into fixing that particular prob. david deluise himself said he wouldn't have done that to a person, and amanda said she thought it would be addressed later on. but when all the feedback came in, everyone associated with the show got defensive. no fix.
                yes, all we got was a feeble joke about stalking!

Originally posted by majorsal
                i'm trying not to be so negative, but all it would take is an HONEST answer from someone associated with this show if sam and jack are going to be dealt with in season 8. forget the 'we won't tell them anything to continue to pull them in'... the show needs to be honest with us, or a few (or more) will just pack up and leave. do they really want that? or do they not care, seeing as they're basically making another spin-off that just happens to have teal'c and daniel and some sam in it.

now would be a good time for some positive remarks to make the shippers excited about trying a no-jack and smaller amount of sam show. a really good time.
                sally
                I sooooo agree with you here Sally.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                  Anyone else wondering if they're delaying the resolution because of the possiblity of the second Stargate movie.. wherein one could assume the ship could be resolved in it's 'big honkin kiss' glory?

Just a thought....

Ps Is there a big honkin kiss petition? I'll sign it
                  They keep talking about a movie, but that is when they don't know if they are going to be renewed for another season. The way things are going, they'll squeeze every last drop out of the franchise,and by the time we get a film, poor old Sam and Jack will be in their retirement homes sitting in their rockers!

Ps...I'll sign the Big Honkin' Kiss petition!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                    You are so right. I have stopped looking at their season 9 spoilers. Whats the point, if you are looking for J/S ship it won't be there.
                    Spoiler:
                    How many pics did we get in season 8 of Jack and Sam together? The only thing good about the Pete/Sam and Jack/Kerry pic was that we knew it was comming. I would have been totally surprised and caught off guard like I was with Chimera.
                    Yes you're right there. I'm still recovering from the shock of Chimera!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                      i've said it before, i'll say it again-the boys from vancouver cannot write their way out of a paperbag-and some of their actors can't act their way out either. I still believe
                      Spoiler:
                      that s/j are going to end up being a fig newton of our imagination in season 9 and i greatly resent that they are taking the shippers for granted. i really enjoyed Ben and Claudia in Farscape- and if done right-they can add a lot to the show-but seriously-pulling a sword out of a stone and being dressed in skimpy black leather???what message are they sending?
                      They seem to have forgotten that big percentage of their audience is made up of intelligent adults. Now it looks as though they've gone for the teenage male audience. *sigh*
                      sigpic

Comment

wow ! just caught up...my head still hurts !! lol
                        you all have great interpretations and thoughts about all the crap we had and all the good moments too

I love the idea of a virtual season..personally I'm not good enough in english to participate but i'll be glad to help with ideas. As to how to go on, I think we should forget about
                        Spoiler:
                        homeworld security or at least we can do whatever we want cause this was only brought in spoilers and not at the end of season 8. I also think we have to respect the regs thing and have to deal with them. personnaly i've always imagined that Jack would try to find a solution and talk to Hammond. I like the respect between both and Hammond knows or at least suspects and I'm sure he'd be glad to help them

about I think he
                        Spoiler:
                        knew it was someone else even if he doesn't say anything. I think he'd fought for her if he hadn't suspected that she had feelings for someone else. If he thought she did that because of her father or the house situation he would have wait or tried something else to change her mind...he's such

melpomene, do you need help for the pictures ? which one do you want ? or which one do you already have so I can try to find some and send them to you or make some caps
                        let me know

Lunar, i've read your fic ! that was great even if i've been scared at a certain point !! you make things go so far with but the end is worth it nice one !

Comment

i believe it is because
                          Spoiler:
                          they refuse to take any responsibility for what ever "assumptions" are made. y'all know what happens when you assume don't you? you make an a$$ of you and me. they left it open for interpretation because it will make it easier for them to cut and run-that way they don't make anyone mad-becuz we all get to see it in whatever light we like. all i have to say is Barf!
                          Yup! Pass the sick bag here too!
                          sigpic

Comment

well...
                            Spoiler:
                            trusty something?? or is it rusty something? beats me! my best guess is to show that Cameron is a direct descendant (spell) of the ancients as is Jack and Shep-and i wonder if they are heading off into more scifi/fantasy than they did the last 8 years. oh this is gonna be some season can i say Barf!
                            Yes you can....and I'll second that!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                              I don't about anyone else but I feel Season 9
                              Spoiler:
                              the Sword in the Stone is so over done. Even Disney has a movie about it. Next SG-1 will be looking for the Holy Grail. They will fight a rabbit and then French men who catapult cows at them. Then they will build a big trogan rabbit and forget to get inside.
                              oohh oooh ooh i 've seen that movie-monty python and the holy grail-right?
                              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                I thought I'd drop by and catch up on our shipper family.
                                It seems as time goes on, more and more of us are getting
                                highly discouraged by the potential of not seeing anything
                                between Sam and Jack on-camera in season nine. I wish I
                                could offer more words of encouragement, but I have to
                                admit I'm a bit skeptical myself. However, my belief that
                                Sam and Jack are together is as strong today as always.

Here's a little something to hopefully raise your spirits a
                                tiny bit.

http://img53.echo.cx/img53/4899/penguins2kr.jpg
                                The penguins are manned and ready to attack on our command.

Kat
                                Thanks. I needed this to cheer me up.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X