This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
    THey are great caps, the one where RDA is sticking his tongue out, is the joke he played on her, the scene goes like this:

The scene is from Death Knell, when Sam lays her head on Jacks shoulder, in the BTS
    - AT lays her head on RDA's shoulder
    - RDA turns his head and kisses her in the forehad
    - AT looks up at him and is going to kiss him, RDA sticks his tongue out.
    - He laughs at her and sticks his tongue out again.....

Pity the scene didn't make it

the man is SUCH a goof off. I love that. Seriously the kiss should have made it. But I think it was sadder the way it ended. In a achely unfullfilled romantic saddnes of the way he had his arm around her. It probably did fit the tone of the ep better. Now Lost City, cutting THAT kiss was inexcusable (sigh)

Comment

Hello!!!!!!!

I got booted off of GW and I've only just managed to find some free time!

I'm still working on some things to wish you all a belated mini-ship day, but for now...

PLEASE READ MY FANFICS!!!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/~suekay04

There's also some really good fics here run by yours densely
      http://s10.invisionfree.com/Intel_Fanfiction

We've got a few authors...I recommend Mara Jade, Jo R and the truely wonderful Seanait!
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
        the man is SUCH a goof off. I love that. Seriously the kiss should have made it. But I think it was sadder the way it ended. In a achely unfullfilled romantic saddnes of the way he had his arm around her. It probably did fit the tone of the ep better. Now Lost City, cutting THAT kiss was inexcusable (sigh)
        IMHO I think the kiss in the forehead was maybe intended, not the other one , but they don't say anything.

AT said in the DVD comentaries that she initially didn't like that scene, because there she was surviving and making it on her own and there comes a man and she just turns to him for comfort!!!! After proving she could handle the situation herself she had turned all girlie girl and that was not fair for Sam.

But at the end she came to peace with it, because they where friends and even if she would not have been a women, he would have done the same thing, so I guess she wanted it to be the less shippy she could.

I also heard the comentaries in Lost City and that heartbreaking moment, WAS SCRIPTED AND INTENDED AS A KISS, but of course they thought it was the last episode ever...

Our poor hurt shippy souls....

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Hey!((((shipper family))))I have a question.Is there shippyness in Heroes part 2? I'm gonna watch it tonight for the first time and I don't know if there is any shippyness.Is there?

ps to suekay:I love your fanfics, suekay. Please add more to the Doctor's Hell soon! And happy belated mini-ship day to you too!
          I'm a Teenage,Scifi Friday-loving,Sam+Jack Shipper Gurl I am a shippy shipper chockfull of shippy shipperness having shippy shipper dreams!!
          Sam+Jack 4 ever!!!I love Hayden Christensen!!May 19th: Sith Happens!!Can't wait till July! I LOVE RED JELLO,just like Jack...!!

Kinsey:[on S/J]Oh I believe there's a lot more to this than we've been told. Well, of course I hardly expect them to incriminate themselves in their own reports.But we can all read between the lines* -Kinsey, Innauguration
          *1st and only time I agree with Kinsey

Replicarter: There are two of us.
          Jack: If only...
          (Sam looks at him. He clears his throat quietly.) -Replicarter and Jack, Gemini

The land of "lilipu" is an amazing land where I go to think about Sam and Jack being a couple, their future wedding,what their kids will look like... So now it's my own private shippy-world.All shippers invited!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sierragulf_gurl_23
            Hey!((((shipper family))))I have a question.Is there shippyness in Heroes part 2? I'm gonna watch it tonight for the first time and I don't know if there is any shippyness.Is there?

ps to suekay:I love your fanfics, suekay. Please add more to the Doctor's Hell soon! And happy belated mini-ship day to you too!
            Hello Sierra Gulf... be ready for a shippy ride I can only tell you not to spoil the moment that there is a scene that makes most of Cathy's videos

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

((((sierra gulf)))) (can I call you that?)

Thank you!!!!

I will update The Doctor's Hell as soon as my muse allows it...

I'm gonna be doing more work on my Threads tie in, then I'm going to finish the first part of The Third Race which is currently on chapter 12...both are shippy
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                there was a kiss intended for that ep? (I am so ignorant sometimes...) I haven't seen it yet but I'll look out for it when I do!
                [the thing is: I started watching stargate last August and I've seen every ep from season's 1-6 & 8 but I've only seen until Heroes part 1 in season 7 so I'm kind of depressed I haven't seen Lost City...But hey, only a few more weeks till I see it in syndication!]
                I'm a Teenage,Scifi Friday-loving,Sam+Jack Shipper Gurl I am a shippy shipper chockfull of shippy shipperness having shippy shipper dreams!!
                Sam+Jack 4 ever!!!I love Hayden Christensen!!May 19th: Sith Happens!!Can't wait till July! I LOVE RED JELLO,just like Jack...!!

Kinsey:[on S/J]Oh I believe there's a lot more to this than we've been told. Well, of course I hardly expect them to incriminate themselves in their own reports.But we can all read between the lines* -Kinsey, Innauguration

The land of "lilipu" is an amazing land where I go to think about Sam and Jack being a couple, their future wedding,what their kids will look like... So now it's my own private shippy-world.All shippers invited!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  ((((sierra gulf)))) (can I call you that?)

Thank you!!!!

I will update The Doctor's Hell as soon as my muse allows it...

I'm gonna be doing more work on my Threads tie in, then I'm going to finish the first part of The Third Race which is currently on chapter 12...both are shippy
                  sure you can call me that. the shipper fam can call me what ever they want!

Comment

Originally posted by ohshocking
                    Wow, that's quite a list! Thank you for all these! I haven't read any Sam/Jack fic in a while, but am now looking forward to reading these recs
                    You're welcome
                    Be sure to have a lot of free time cause many of this list are very long (but I love to have a good novel-length fic to read before sleeping )
                    Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      Hello!!!!!!!

I got booted off of GW and I've only just managed to find some free time!

I'm still working on some things to wish you all a belated mini-ship day, but for now...

PLEASE READ MY FANFICS!!!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/~suekay04

There's also some really good fics here run by yours densely
                      http://s10.invisionfree.com/Intel_Fanfiction

We've got a few authors...I recommend Mara Jade, Jo R and the truely wonderful Seanait!
                      (((sueKay)))
                      In my list of fav fics, I wanted to add yours and fics written by all the ship family members but I was sure I would have forgotten someone. So I preferred to name noone
                      But your fics are great
                      Are you working on the next chapter of The Third Race ?

ETA : Sorry, I've just read your post where you're answering my question
                      Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by sierragulf_gurl_23
                        there was a kiss intended for that ep? (I am so ignorant sometimes...) I haven't seen it yet but I'll look out for it when I do!
                        [the thing is: I started watching stargate last August and I've seen every ep from season's 1-6 & 8 but I've only seen until Heroes part 1 in season 7 so I'm kind of depressed I haven't seen Lost City...But hey, only a few more weeks till I see it in syndication!]

((((sierragulf_gurl_23))))If you watch the video "heroe " Enrique Iglesias for example ...and other ones like Love is all , my baby ..you ect ..in my website ( ask me if you want the password to access it) well you 'll see that scene from Heroes 2
                        Spoiler:
                        where Jack slowly walks towards Sam in one of the rest rooms of the infirmary ..They are alone and the door is shut ...Sam is kind of crying and Jack moves towards her ( she stands in the middle of the room crying ), he looks at ther lips and says "Come Here" and they hug ....then he buries his head in her neck ..and guess what you like from that moment

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          ROFLMAO!!!! Shipto-bismol--what a great idea! And I love that you've included the giant size bottle--maybe it will even cure Season 8 malaise!
                          Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                          Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                          Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                            Which AU ep is your favourite and why?
                            There but for the Grace of God

Why? You're going to think this is silly but I really hate that wig from Point of View. Plus I like it that they're actually together in TbftGoG, they're not in PoV.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                              Uff ! GW has been difficult to access for the last couple of hours....

So I've been reading some FF, I love this one it is a behind the scenes to Threads that we all know that happened (Just in case it is NC-17)

http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/helio2.../9/always.html
                              Oh, I read this one--it's absolutely lovely! If you like this one and you get the chance, check out "Twilight" by her bc it's really good too!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                This was posted on the Sam's A Great Character Thread, but bears repeating here:

Fiercely protective of the show and loathe to proffer any negative thoughts about it, Tapping admits she hasn't always been so enamoured with the producers' and writers' tack regarding women on Stargate SG-1. Displaying the honestly and openness for which she is famed, Tapping begins, "Let me preface this by saying that Vanessa Angel [Anise] is a wonderful, smart woman and was tremendous to work alongside. But I am glad the character of Anise went away. One of the things which has always made me proud about our show is that for so many years we've never resorted to overtly sexual tactics to get people to watch .... I think - and the fans' reaction seemed to bear this out - that to have some of the best and most interesting story lines in our history compromised by having a woman whose body was so stunning it could stop the traffic parading around in skimpy little outfits, was somehow beneath the high standard we had set for ourselves. Vanessa Angel is a bright, intelligent actor. She would have delivered a great performance whatever they clothed her in. We've had lots of beautiful women on the show, but for different reasons. My feeling is that Anise's tiny costumes were a blatant attempt to make the show sexier. I mean, look at the stories we told in the Upgrades/Divide and Conquer arc: O'Neill and Sam finally admit their love for each other, the Tok'ra alliance is strengthened and Martouf dies. There are major things happening in these episodes and I think we sold ourselves short by adding that unnecessary element."

So what then, without Jack on base and a front and center focus on Sam/Jack, does this mean that they will start adding that "unnecessary element"? Just because Jack's not around as much they're going to over sexualize the rest of the show?

May it never be! I certainly hope that this is not even a passing thought in the minds of TPTB.
                                Thanks for posting this. It's easy to forget sometimes that Sam was the only female character on the show for quite a while. Sometimes I feel for Amanda, having to deal with a PTB that is entirely male. Every time I hear them say that their demographic is 18 to 24 year-old males, I cringe because while that is part of their demographic, it's not the whole thing. I also think it is an excuse to sex things up, which I don't like. Poor Amanda even falls victim to it sometimes (need I remind anyone of Sam in leather and spike heels for Covenant?). I love Sam but I've always liked her tough and smart--a girl who doesn't have to wear slinky outfits to prove herself.

As for Vala, I like Claudia Black. I loved her as Aeryn Sun--sexy outfits and all. I always thought of Aeryn as tough and sexy at the same time (I want to be Aeryn Sun when I grow up but then again I want to be Kara Thrace too )--but she was established that way from a very early point in the series. However, they also established Aeryn as a tough no-nonsense woman who was Crichton's equal in every way (she even had opportunity to teach Crichton quite a bit ) Personally, I was hoping that they'd skip the sexy outfits with Vala bc Claudia is a wonderful actress and I'd hate to have that clouded by sex. I'd hate to see them use this character as eye-candy. Just MHO, of course.
                                Last edited by marimba26; 24 April 2005, 05:33 PM. Reason: bad grammar

Comment

Working...
                                X