Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(((Caty))) Abyss isn't everyones cup of tea.

Personally, I really liked this ep ... maybe not the torture scenes per se, and I was soooo hating Ba'al cos of this ep that it took me until Reckoning to realise that Cliff's actually very very sexy .... oops, digressing a bit there!

I liked it because I found it intrinsically shippy. The whole reason this ep takes place is because Kanan is affected by his blending with Jack, and Jack's no one gets left behind belief. We're lead to believe that Kanan is in love with the Lotar, and that combined with Jack's moral code sends him back to Ba'al's planet for her. (Although Kanan showed slimy snakehead qualities by hijacking Jack's body and then leaving him to save his own mik'ta though - that Tok'ra wasn't overly different to the goa'uld was he?)

Jack's insistence in not ascending and finding another way out imho is another manifestation of his faith in SG-1 finding him and figuring out what's going on, kinda a precursor to Paradise Lost. But I think it also shows a vulnerability to Jack - I don't think he thinks he can do it. He doesn't think he's got the necessary goodness (for want of a better word) that Daniel has that drew Oma to help him.

I like the infirmary scene at the end with Sam & Jack - a private little moment for Sam to reassure herself that Jack's home and going to be ok, and for Jack to appreciate Sam and how much she means to him.
    sigpic

Comment

Florence, I am the same. Sam and Jack are the very first internet shipping I have ever done. And once I saw this site it took me a while to delurk and voice my shippiness. Stargate/Sam and Jack ship and THIS ship family will always be with me forever.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Hehe, guess I'm strange because it was totally shippy for me. Not in a real Sam and Jack kind of way but I saw things like this picture when I watched it. I thought the girl had very similiar features as Sam, same build, extremely short blonde hair.

When Daniel is telling him that ascension is the only way, Jack tells him there is another way... he knows Sam won't give up on him. He was foolish enough to think she'd give up in 100 days and he wouldn't do it again.

Anyway,hopefully I won't bother too many people with my picture as it isn't your typical shippy picture. I just thought it was cool and wanted to share.

Kat
        Hi Kat... I am one of the people that found *Abyss* Incredibly shippy and here is why

When Jack took on the symbiote Kana two things happened....all of Kana's memories and thoughts were now basically part of Jack....AND all of Jack's thoughts, feelings and memories became a part of Kanan. SSSOOOOO

Kanan was to weak to keep himself separate from Jack and this is why a *Blending* occured. Once this happened Kana was faced with JUDGING his actions as a Tok'ra against Jack's Honor system...*We DO NOT leave people behind* AND Jack's feelings about the ONE woman he loved.....

Now while it isn't "Sam & Jack" ...it IS ALL about How Jack FEELS about Sam.

Jack's feelings are the catalyst that prompts Kanan to go back for the ONE woman he loves.

The director flashes the scenes back and forth between Sam & Jack as all of Kanan's motivations are being explained to the audience.

ALL of the actions of the characters, Kanan, Jack, Sam, The girl....ALL revolve around Jack's feelings...

another really good *Visual* is a mini-episode made by SNY...she has a tribute to Abyss that is not a music video but a shortened version of the episode that just concentrates on Sam & Jack and I highly recommend it if you would like to see a *Visual* representation of what you are thinking about this episode
        here is a link and you may have to claick on the vid page and scroll down a ways on the stargate page to find it...but I tried to do the link to the right page so you just have to scroll down to find it
        http://www.snyart.com/inicio.htm

Anyway you are not alone in your thoughts..I too thought it was one of the best *Emotional* episodes that conveyed how deep Jack's feelings are and how it can affect the people around him and IN (LOL) him
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
          (((Caty))) Abyss isn't everyones cup of tea.

Personally, I really liked this ep ... maybe not the torture scenes per se, and I was soooo hating Ba'al cos of this ep that it took me until Reckoning to realise that Cliff's actually very very sexy .... oops, digressing a bit there!

I liked it because I found it intrinsically shippy. The whole reason this ep takes place is because Kanan is affected by his blending with Jack, and Jack's no one gets left behind belief. We're lead to believe that Kanan is in love with the Lotar, and that combined with Jack's moral code sends him back to Ba'al's planet for her. (Although Kanan showed slimy snakehead qualities by hijacking Jack's body and then leaving him to save his own mik'ta though - that Tok'ra wasn't overly different to the goa'uld was he?)

Jack's insistence in not ascending and finding another way out imho is another manifestation of his faith in SG-1 finding him and figuring out what's going on, kinda a precursor to Paradise Lost. But I think it also shows a vulnerability to Jack - I don't think he thinks he can do it. He doesn't think he's got the necessary goodness (for want of a better word) that Daniel has that drew Oma to help him.

I like the infirmary scene at the end with Sam & Jack - a private little moment for Sam to reassure herself that Jack's home and going to be ok, and for Jack to appreciate Sam and how much she means to him.
          ((Caty))) she is so right...the episode isn't for everyone and (((Oma))) you took the words right out of my head ....and typed them a heck of a lot faster
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
            Florence, I am the same. Sam and Jack are the very first internet shipping I have ever done. And once I saw this site it took me a while to delurk and voice my shippiness. Stargate/Sam and Jack ship and THIS ship family will always be with me forever.
            ((((((GateBee)))))) I agree wholeheartedly. Whatever happens with S/J ship in SG-1, we will always have the last 8 years, a
            Spoiler:
            FISHING TRIP
            and a wonderful family to share them with.
            sigpic

Comment

I think Oma-1 is right about Abyss. I especially agree with her saying that Jack didn't think he had the "goodness" to ascend. But, you know what, the interesting thing is that Sam sees Jack as he really is--'Beneath the Surface' could also describe what lies beneath the official, tough, sarcastic Jack. I bet she would think he had the necessary "goodness" (but is glad that he didn't ascend.
              -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                I think Oma-1 is right about Abyss. I especially agree with her saying that Jack didn't think he had the "goodness" to ascend. But, you know what, the interesting thing is that Sam sees Jack as he really is--'Beneath the Surface' could also describe what lies beneath the official, tough, sarcastic Jack. I bet she would think he had the necessary "goodness" (but is glad that he didn't ascend.
                (((((girlgater))))) that's a fantastic analysis. Sam really does see beneath Jack's hard exterior. I think Jack is still hung up about Charlie to such an extent that it still affects the way he sees himself - also his black op days. But Sam sees past all that to caring man underneath.

Oy, I'm starting to get far too mushy for my liking
                sigpic

Comment

(((((girlgater))))) that's a fantastic analysis. Sam really does see beneath Jack's hard exterior. I think Jack is still hung up about Charlie to such an extent that it still affects the way he sees himself - also his black op days. But Sam sees past all that to caring man underneath.

Oy, I'm starting to get far too mushy for my liking
                  Ah...the mushy stuff is good. Jack has seen alot of really ugly things in his military career and extreme heartache in his personal life. I mean...when he lost Charlie he not only lost his son, but his wife, and for a while I really think he lost his way. Isn't it interesting that after he agrees to come back to the military (SGC), one of the first people he meets is Sam! He must have still been hurting when they met and she has watched him try and put that behind him. She's able to be compassionate with him and see underneath his exterior because she's had heartache as well. The great thing is that she didn't have to endure her pain alone--he was there and will be there "always."
                  -girlgater

Comment

Hello,

I don't know if it has been thought before or asked before, but could it be a possibility for Gateworld or us? to invite Amanda Tapping to "chat" with us a couple of hours on the official "Ship Day"?

Carolina

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                    Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                      Hello,

I don't know if it has been thought before or asked before, but could it be a possibility for Gateworld or us? to invite Amanda Tapping to "chat" with us a couple of hours on the official "Ship Day"?

Carolina
                      lovely idea but I doubt anything that shippy could really happen to us shippers. GW will probably go down as well cause everyone will be on line even non shippers

Comment

Hello,

Carolina
                        you know it never hurts to ask ... I am sure if you PMed Darren with the request he would at least discuss it with you. Darren is a pretty cool guy

Since *Annual Ship Day* isn't until July 29th that gives you some time

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                          lovely idea but I doubt anything that shippy could really happen to us shippers. GW will probably go down as well cause everyone will be on line even non shippers
                          Honestly I don't know how these things work (to ask AT) but by what I've read everywhere we now that:

- AT is one of the most lovely person and down to earth
                          - AT likes shippyness and a girly girl
                          - AT loves her fans

Dontyathink?

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                          Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Hello,

Carolina
                            Great idea

As we mentioned in passing Jack's Black Op's days - I'm gonna post a link to one of sueKay's fics The Third Race - I'm on chapter 7 - 4 more to go It's a bit of a dark one, and is a Black Ops story. Pete's in it, but I'm hoping he gets whumped a bit and dumped a lot before the end

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2070659/1/
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                              Not Gatecon for two reasons:

I am not a huge Sci-Fi fan (I only love SG-1 and the original Star Wars trilogy), and it looks like Gatecon is full of actors I wouldn't have a clue about.

Also, I have been to two Creation events and have thoroughly loved them both.
                              Figured I'd weigh in here. I apologize for OT in advance but I wanted to respond.

I've been to both Gatecon and this Creation Vancouver con. Which one would I choose if I were to do it again?

Creation.

Why, you ask?

The short answer is organization.

The long answer is--
                              1) I hear lots of stuff about how Creation rushes you through the line in photo session and you don't get to spend any time with the actors. I didn't get to to spend any more time with the actors at Gatecon last year and I waited longer in line. The people after ticket number 200 didn't get pics with individual stars AT ALL (they got a group shot due to lack ot time--VERY rushed). Everyone at the Creation con got the pics they paid for--even the folks in the back of the line.

2) Auto sessions. When I bought the ticket to Gatecon last year I was told that I would have access to photos and autographs (hence the reasoning behind buying a superpass). What that meant was that I got access to the auto *room*. It was a free-for-all of actors charging whatever they wanted (Chris, Michael and Amanda didn't sign autos at all). Only three people signed autos for free (Don Davis, JR Bourne and Corin Nemec)--no mention was made beforehand about fees for autos (I didn't find out until I got almost to the room in line and by then I was broke--nothing new on a Sunday). Creation was very good about stating, in advance, which autos were included in the price (all of the stars of the con) and which ones were available for an additional fee.

3) Money--the bottom line at this Creation con was a little more than HALF of what it cost me to go to Gatecon last year and I got more for my money. even had I stayed in a room by myself again, the cost would still have only been about 2/3 of what I paid last year and I got a studio tour this year (I couldn't afford the additional cost for it last year). Yes, the ticket was more than Gatecon but I got to go on a studio tour and get autos for the cost of that ticket--a MUCH better deal.

4) And lastly, the complaint levelled against Creation that they are a for-profit company. This is true and if it is against your principles to do business with for-profit companies then this isn't the experience for you. However, if you realize that being a for-profit company is not such a bad thing (if they can deliver the experience) and take the overall experience into account, then Creation is the way to go.

Just MHO, of course.

BTW, someone did ask the ship question last year at Gatecon to Amanda. She answered it but her answer was no more clear than that of any other actor or PTB. I believe the response was "stay tuned".
                              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Do you think that tptb chose that actress because of her remsemblence to Sam? Or is that my over active shippy imagination again
                                Martin Wood alludes to this in his commentary. As for Abyss being shippy, it's one of the shippiest IMHO
                                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X