This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiwigater
    *musing* I haven't read ALL the pages that got posted while I was at the con but I did read the last few. I definitely raised my hand as being a shipper when they asked. I thought hard about why there weren't more shippy questions, and to be honest, it didn't even OCCUR to me to ask the question - mostly because I know there's no way they can answer that to my satisfaction, and for me at least cons tend not to be so much about castigating TPTB for things that I didn't like that already happened, but to express excitement about the future and to get to know the people behind the magic a little better
    I guess in that way ses and I are very different - not in a bad way, but just in terms of what we want to come away from a con with.
    I had a fantastic time - I'm still slightly suprised at how well the six of us sharing the rooms got along I got to talk in depth with a few people, and was impressed again and again with how enthusiastic they all are, and how much they appreciate our support. More than one person went out of their way to ensure we had a good time - Bruce, Rainbow, Martin and Courtenay at dinner, the Creation people at the con, the directors (Martin, Andy and John) who spent an hour or so meeting fans and signing autographs voluntarily for no other reason than they wanted to.
    All the people at the Bridge Studios who lit the sets, guided us through them and made sure we didn't sneak off and hide somewere, ALL of them volunteered to do that, in their own precious free time - I chatted to one or two of them, and they said they were doing it because they loved seeing us all so enthusiastic and enjoying so much of what slave away on - I think seeing our excitement made them look at it through fresh eyes.

What I think I sometimes forget is that these guys are fans of the show too, they have to be, to spend so much of their lives and invest so much of themselves in it - which is not to say that I don't sometimes vehemently disagree with their choices, but now more than ever I respect that THEY think they're doing the right thing.

And on the bright side, the crowd more than adequately demonstrated how much Pete is disliked! They got THAT message loud and clear...
    well said Dr KG ...I too can say that ever person, be it actor, con worker or stage crew...really went the extra mile for all of us and really tried to ensure we had a great time overall. I won't repeat all tha Kiwigator said but I wholeheartedly agree with everything she said

Also I can say *originally* I was only planning on going to the Con if Amanda was there....but right about that time... a few other people expressed interest in coming and joining me and Marimba26. Well as you all know now it became the *Gang of 6*..... THAT was a HUGE reason that I went as well...I met people from HERE, women I chat with on this forum on a daily basis and women who's opinions I respect and I LOVE their humor.

The Con was without a doubt a BLAST and the actors and PTBs helped make that BUT it was also the 5 women I shared my time with. THEY made my time fun period...

It was and could be again just about meeting the actors...but I found out that it was about meeting and making some very good friends as well
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      yay!

did anyone cheer or anything?
      I DEFINITELY cheered and I clapped so much and so hard I had bruises on my hands by the end of the day

now there's a bright spot!

and seeing as the majority of fans there weren't shippers and they 'still' cheered...

sally
      Yup....EVERYONE let their dislike of the *Pete* storyline be heard so it really was nice that RCC got that message
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by tauripeg
        Favorite head on shoulder moment-Metamorphosis. When he told her to get some rest she could have just laid down, but she put her head on his shoulder. very nice.

I thought there was somthing very soft and special about that moment. I mean other shots with them together, even touching, physical stuff, can be considered just friendly if your skeptical about it. But that moment, when sam looks at Teal'c and he turns away, and she rests her head on Jack's shoulder. It's like this complete, perfect moment in time. It only lasts for about a second but the feeling of quiet love is so strong, I can't beleive it could be contrued as anything but the purest of ship.

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
          I thought there was somthing very soft and special about that moment. I mean other shots with them together, even touching, physical stuff, can be considered just friendly if your skeptical about it. But that moment, when sam looks at Teal'c and he turns away, and she rests her head on Jack's shoulder. It's like this complete, perfect moment in time. It only lasts for about a second but the feeling of quiet love is so strong, I can't beleive it could be contrued as anything but the purest of ship.
          I so totally agree with you here.... Especially when Teal'c even NODS before he turns away...he so understands that Sam thinks she is possibly going to die and she wants to feel close to Jack before she can't remember or feel anything.... Wonderful, Beautiful shippy moment

Comment

Like I said earlier this week, Teal'c is the original shipper!

It was such a sad moment with all of them thinking that she would suffer the same fate as the native and the Russian guy. I guess realizing that she may die was enough to put aside the regulations (shame they couldn't do that all the time, but then it reflects how strong their characters are)...
            -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
              Like I said earlier this week, Teal'c is the original shipper!

It was such a sad moment with all of them thinking that she would suffer the same fate as the native and the Russian guy. I guess realizing that she may die was enough to put aside the regulations (shame they couldn't do that all the time, but then it reflects how strong their characters are)...
              It seems like tragedy is the only time they can even come close to expressing the depth of thier feelings for each other. I mean there are the happy-go-lucky flirting moments, and the tense fleeting jealousy, but mostly it's the painful times that free them more than anything else. For two people who don't feel like they can hug each other hello, or goodbye, the only time they can express those things is in pain. Which woudn't make them desire bad things to happen, but must bring come comfort in a way. To show your feelings for once. It has to help a little.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                Uber, I try and I try and I know I've heard it somewhere else... but I can't remember

I re-watched Entity and there was kinda off a shippy song, but it was not with the ding, ding, dingy, ding... used in
                Spoiler:
                Threads
                Okay, went thru some eps last night and..............

BTS: S/J walking along after opening credits, he says something about "stamina." You'd think it would be during the head on shoulder or final convo about "sir"but I didn't hear it that way. There are similar themes.

Grace:Nope, I didn't hear it at the end, as someone said. Will have to listen again. (do I have a life?)

Death Knell: Aha, when he puts his arm around her. It's so endearing how he hesitates, then does it. That's quite a scene, esp. when the camera pans from above and we see Teal'c with his back to them " watching" the dead Supersoldier.

Divide and Conquer: When Sam tells him they aren't Zatarcs and explains about "respective ranks, etc." Is Jack playing dumb or does he really not realize what she is trying to tell him?
                When Jack is being tested and he tells why he wouldn't leave.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  *raises hand*

Marimba - read my sig

I'M A PROUD JOHN/AERYN ANTI SHIPPER (imo it wrecked the show and was the reason I quit watching)
                  As you'll notice, I said that there aren't that many NOT that there are none.
                  Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                  Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                  Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

yes! it was very intimate AND sexy at the same time. it wasn't just a couple of ppl kissing, it was who was kissing whom. those details (neck caressing and kissing of the bottom lip) spoke volumes about where this sam's head (and heart) were.

sally
                    It is very sexy, but I get the impression watching it that AUSam is doing just about all of it, Jack is human after all and responds some, but it's AUSam, so in that respect I can't count it as being first on my list.
                    Last edited by Gatetrixer; 21 April 2005, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      *raises hand*

Marimba - read my sig

I'M A PROUD JOHN/AERYN ANTI SHIPPER (imo it wrecked the show and was the reason I quit watching)

BUT

My ships outweight my anti ships!

And...I've just remembered...it's time I started the shipper petition!

There's going to be a change this year, and the petition's going to run for longer. I'm going to open it in the next few days online (ala F.O.R.D)

I know it's a bit pointless seeing RDA's barely in next season, BUT if the petition's big enough...maybe JM or Martin Gero will say something

So...what do you think? Do you think I should start the petition again? If so, raise you hands![/
                      Hands raising!!!!

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer

BTS: S/J walking along after opening credits, he says something about "stamina." You'd think it would be during the head on shoulder or final convo about "sir"but I didn't hear it that way. There are similar themes.

Grace:Nope, I didn't hear it at the end, as someone said. Will have to listen again. (do I have a life?)

Death Knell: Aha, when he puts his arm around her. It's so endearing how he hesitates, then does it. That's quite a scene, esp. when the camera pans from above and we see Teal'c with his back to them " watching" the dead Supersoldier.

Divide and Conquer: When Sam tells him they aren't Zatarcs and explains about "respective ranks, etc." Is Jack playing dumb or does he really not realize what she is trying to tell him?

Beneathe The Surface

Jack: you know you could take a few minutes off

Sam: Please, you work just as hard as I do

Jack: That's different, it's called stamina

I love the way they come together even after having their memories erased, they somehow find each other. And he's still loooking out for her...

Does anyone here know where I can find Caty? I need to ask her something and she doensn't hang here anymore. Please P/M me any info as I'll have to leave the thread soon

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer

I think they also played "their song" in....

There But for the Grace of God-when AU Sam and Jack hug and kiss *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
                            I think they also played "their song" in....

There But for the Grace of God-when AU Sam and Jack hug and kiss *sigh*
                            How about Evolution Part I, where Jack tell Sam he has to go find Daniel? Does anyone remember?
                            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

i'm sorry, kri, if i made you feel defensive about not asking s/j questions at the con. i'm sorry to anyone if i made them feel that way. it's all really how 'others' have made us feel over time, like we shouldn't ask because it's such a hush-hush subject. like how we were treated when we posted ship questions to joe on the ask joe thread. so someone doesn't want to read the same question over and over. then don't read it, but don't tell me what i can and can't ask in a free forum. it's all the same thing, of how we've been subjugated into feeling like we're second class citizens because we like sam and jack ship. my response - i'm here. i ain't going anywhere. deal with it.

sally
                              No defensiveness here, just trying to explain myself a little better. I know what you mean about feeling like second class citizens. There was a non-shipper sitting in the front row right next to me, but it didn't stop me from applauding for the ship-heavy video they showed. (as it didn't keep others from booing). I get the impression that a lot of the non-shippers believe that it is the ONLY reason some of us watch the show. And in my case, that isn't true. Once this lady next to me understood that I DID love other aspects of the show, she wasn't so down on me. We ended up having a great time talking throughout the events all weekend.

There are a lot of assumptions made, especially when you claim yourself as being part of a group. All have their good and their bad aspects. I have always loved Jack and Sam shippiness, and I'd admit it anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                                Exactly what I was getting at only much clearer! The cons are about having fun and getting excited again. It's nice to be excited about your fave show again and that's the one thing I've taken away from both of the cons I have been to now!
                                AND they are also about planning for your next con because you have had so much fun at the most recent one I am not sure if Creation is planning one for Dallas next year again (they didn't sell seats for next year like they did at the Burbank con last year), but that might give me the opportunity to get up to Vancouver next year. I'd have two big disappointments to have to prepare myself for tho..... no chance of running into RDA, and no photos on the set. Marimba (or anyone else who went), could you PM me about the set visit? I am curious as to why they didn't allow photos, but have always done so in the past. As a scrapbooker and photo lover, I'da been one disappointed chick!

Next time I go to a con, I want to be with some shippers! My friends aren't non-shippers, they just love Daniel.

ps Marimba, thanks for the jello! It won't let me give you any yet!

Comment

Working...
                                X