This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    and THANK YOU ((((((((((((((SS)))))))))) I love it when I am called a Big Shipper ...I do love shipping and I love Sam & Jack and I have been finding other ways to enjoy them lately however, I do see people are maybe chatting about *Annual Ship Day* July 29th ????? There were ALOT of great ideas last month from many here on this thread about what we could do to celebrate our favorite couple....I will have to find some time to get back there and look... for now I am off work..and I need many antibiotics because I have what I have been told is *Con Crud*

welcome home, tame!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8's citizen joe

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Okay - but one of them had to have called the other... It just seems to me that if it had been Sam she would have made the call in a more comfortable and more private setting...

And wasn't it also interesting when they were talking about
      Spoiler:
      their plans for the weekend (or lack thereof) that Sam didn't mention Pete at all? I mean, for crying out loud, she is engaged to the guy...at least still engaged at this point...and he's not even a consideration. Now if she had been so happy with him and ready to commit, it should have been completely natural for her to spend her weekend with Pete.

That made my little shipper heart sing...

mine too! sam was so flirtynervous with him that it felt so new couple like... *sighs in thought*

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
        No I think
        Spoiler:
        Sam phoned Jack...she's being playful and twisting the phone cord whereas Jack sounds distracted until he talks about Omlettes...before getting distracted by Homer...I mean Joe...bursting in.

JMHO!

Mini-Shipper day is gonna ROCK!!!!!!
        Just her
        Spoiler:
        twisting the phone cord and being playful doesn't seem like a clear indication that she called him. It seemed like a clear indication that she was thoroughly enjoying talking to him in a very casual and somewhat flirtatious way (not a "sir" to be heard).

And regarding Jack...I've been known to want to speak to someone while driving...and I'd call them up...but the conversation would go longer than expected and I'd have to get out of the car and juggle whatever I was carrying into the house...

My conclusion? He called her.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Well, we knew from the start that she wasn't really committed to Pete. She just felt Jack was unattainable and thought she ought to try to get the things she wanted out of life from someone else.

And, of course, Jack took up his dalliance with Kerry because he thought Sam had moved on......and he was just trying to dull the pain.

In other words, they were both trying to settle for less than they deserve. Now, they both realize they were wrong, and that there is no substitute for what they really want: each other!

That's so clear to us! Why isn't it clear to TPTB??????? After all, they're the ones who lead us here!!!!!

Is it so wrong for us to want Sam and Jack to be happy? They've earned it. They've died (and almost died) saving our Earth-bound butts so many times that they deserve a little love and fulfillment .....to give them something to live for and to help them relax between intergalactic attacks.

I hope RDA takes S9 off, then comes back (a la MS) for a big S10.....right before the movie production starts!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            I agree with you wholeheartedly, Majorsal.....although I guess that's obvious.

thanks, sg1fan.

if anyone's interested in writing postcards or letters to the powers that be, here's some addresses to write to.

if you decide to write, please consider being nice/gentle and constructive. all of my postcards i've written over time have been to say how much i like/love sam and jack ship, and how i'd like it to continue. i don't want to insult or upset the ppl i'm literally begging here.<g> i just keep it simple and tell them what i desire. and want MORE.

~~~

addresses:

Stargate SG-1 Productions
            Attn: Robert C. Cooper
            The Bridge Studios
            2400 Boundary Road
            Burnaby, B.C.
            Canada
            V5M 3Z3

The Sci-Fi Channel
            Attn: Dave Howe, General Manager
            1230 Avenue of the Americas
            New York, NY 10020-1513

MGM Television Entertainment
            Attn: Hank Cohen, President
            2500 Broadway Street
            Santa Monica, CA 90404-3061

i live in california, so writing scifi channel and mgm only requires one stamp for me. when i write rob in canada, i have to use two stamps.

all this talk has got the fire lit up under my feet, so i'm going to start writing!

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Here's a report from the convention, posted by tsaxlady on the Sam's a Great Character thread. Please note the disturbing lack of shipper response to Martin Wood...

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              <snip about luggage>
              S/J question was asked to Martin Wood, Andy Mikita, and N.John Smith. Martin asked how many shippers there were in the crowd - a little less than 1/4 of the people rasied their hands. He then went on to say the even thou RDA is currently schedule to be in just 2 episodes for S9 - the character of Jack O'Neill will still be an important part of Stargate - RDA wanted them to leave the door open for possible future appearances.

After listening to several different panels it sounds like they will be doing more team centered episodes this season. Christopher Judge really emphasised that even though the show is taking a new direction with the Arthurian mythology the team gets to go back to traveling more through the Stargate this year and there will be more off world adventures.

We saw a clip from S9 - I'll put this in spoiler tags for those that don't want any info on S9
              Spoiler:
              The first scene they showed us was off Daniel & Col. Mitchell arguing - Mitchell said (not exact quote but close) "General O'Neill gave me my choice of assignments I chose SG-1 because I wanted to learn from the best Col. Carter, Teal'c and you Dr. Jackson" It is the scene were he is trying to get Daniel back to the SGC to be part of SG-1 again.

Next we see Vala inter through the Stargate and Mitchell and General Landry are waiting for her at the bottom of the ramp.

Then we see Lou Gossett Jrs character walking down the halls of the SGC talking with General Landry. The a shot of him and Teal'c

General Landry talking with Dr. Lam.

Then of course a scene of stuff blowing up.

As for Vala being in 6 instead of 5 episodes - well the first show of the new season was only scheduled to be a 2 parter but Martin Woods joked with Andy Mikita that everytime he does an episode it ends up running long. So the 2 parter became a 3 parter with almost enough footage to make it a 4 parter.

The episode that brings back Orlin will have some important Sam stuff in it. Martin also said that he is working on an episode to bring back the Aschen - which I would think this would be a Sam heavy episode.

From the sounds of things they really feel like as long as the ratings are good this will not be the last season for SG-1. At the same time it was said that if it is there is the possiblity of another spin-off and a movie is still not completly out of the question for the future.

Although Sam is my favorite character - AT has to have sometime off since having Olivia - but I think we will see a strong Carter when she returns.

Okay that is it for now because I've got to go to a rehearsal - I will post more later.
              Do shippers NOT go to conventions??? I don't want TPTB thinking that we're not a force to be reckoned with!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

[QUOTE=ÜberSG-1Fan]
                Originally posted by majorsal
                If it were "over" at the end of 8, then why would AT have said of the S/J ship that "if this is the last season then I think the fans will be happy...but if it isn't then we'll have somewhere to go..."

That's an indication that, while it might not be as front and center as it was in Threads, it's still an aspect of the show...
                yep!

i was going to rep you, uber, but i seem to use up all my repping in the sam's a great character thread.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Sally I agree 100%.If I spent Money to go to a convention you can be sure I would ask about Sam and Jack Ship.If TPTB and the Actors or others Fans do not like it too bad.I watched the Show every week and spend alot of Money on the DVD'S.I'am entitled to like anything I want about the Show and ask any questions as long as I'am being repsectful there should be no problem.I also agree Sally when you say when no one ask a question it gives the impression no one cares.We Shippers have been too patient and Loyal to the Show and I think it hurt us.
                  Spoiler:
                  I may be wrong on this but if we stayed away from the beginning of Season 8 and the ratings were hurting TPTB may have given us a great Sam and Jack resolution.Then again probably not.I was tempted to walk away after New Order.I'am kicking myself for not missing most of the Season 8 episodes.It not like I missed that much.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Here's a report from the convention, posted by tsaxlady on the Sam's a Great Character thread. Please note the disturbing lack of shipper response to Martin Wood...
                    i know that without amanda there, the biggest contingent of shippers will be absent. i mean, if i could afford to go to a con like this, i would have passed because i really only want to see amanda (and rda). and that's not just because of ship, but because they're my two fave characters and actors on the show.

Do shippers NOT go to conventions??? I don't want TPTB thinking that we're not a force to be reckoned with!!!

yes! i hope they don't think we don't care anymore?... no, how could they. i'm sure joe tells them we're still alive and well and INTERESTED.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

I guess some good news about RDA leaving the door open about future episodes.You can bet if the rating go south for Season 9 TPTB will be pleading for RDA to make a couple of appearances and there's a good chance we'll get what we want as far as Ship.If the ratings remain High I'am afraid there will be little pressure to have some Shippy episodes.The Bad News is it looks like an
                      Spoiler:
                      Aschen episode may be in the making and we Shippers all know what that means.We may be seeing Joe.I lost track on the number of Sam Man Friend that makes for Season 9.I think it's 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        the writers have a very serious problem with commitment. they know that as long as there's UST, folks will watch to see what happens. when it comes to rings and china patterns, people get bored,...including the writers

they like to play with ship but will not actually write ship. because i think they don't know how to get themselves out of the corner if they write it
                        Well, they're wrong on this one, and I hope I'm not alone. I'm *NOT* watching any longer with this UST crap, but I would watch if there had been rings and china patterns. The only reason people get bored with committed couples is because the writers aren't competent enough to write it well. It's fully possible, and has been done in dramas and Scifi before (Tom and B'Elanna anyone?). UST can't last forever, so it's either put up, or quit. I foresee shippers quitting very soon, if they haven't already.
                        - Mary
                        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          i like the way you put that. i, too, think sam and jack's first real kiss would be awesome if it were done like POV. slow and a bit unsure, but growing more passionate as the timidness subsided. i could then see them going to 'grace' level on their next kiss.... i could just see jack and sam coming home from their first real date. this is after they've shared their first kiss (slow, like lonely star suggested) already. but anyway, sam invites jack into her house, and before they even leave the hallway, jack pulls sam to him and against the wall. her breathing would suddenly hitch, and then he'd smile THAT smile (the one that turns your insides to mush), and then lean in and slowly kiss sam. sam would moan, grab on, and then we'd get our 'grace' kiss all over again. *sighs thinking about it*

sally
                          wow those are really HOT kissing of Sam and Jack.....pours cold water on all shippers reading it.......goes back and reads it......hehehehehehe ...just love the very idea of Sam and Jack finally kissing in real time

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                            wow those are really HOT kissing of Sam and Jack.....pours cold water on all shippers reading it.......goes back and reads it......hehehehehehe ...just love the very idea of Sam and Jack finally kissing in real time
                            Thanx for the water. *whew*
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              BUT...dinging's not why I'm here...so here's a question

What's your favourite S/J kiss?

The Broca Divide
                              Point of View
                              Window of Opportunity
                              Spoiler:
                              Moebius

Grace isn't included just to make the decision that bit more difficult. I suggest going back and rewatching all of the kisses before making a decision!
                              Well, personally, I'd disqualify
                              Spoiler:
                              Moebius right away, because that wasn't Sam and Jack - it was an AU version.
                              I'd also disqualify Point of View because it was half AU - not Sam and Jack as we know them. That leaves Broca and WOO. This being the case, WOO is hands down the winner for me. It's the only one of the two where both kissers <g> were in of their own free will and in total control of their faculties.

And for the record, I also would have disqualified Grace, because it didn't really even happen. <g>
                              - Mary
                              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

[QUOTE=majorsal]
                                Originally posted by Kri

i don't feel that sam and jack are over/a thing of the past. there was only a partial resolution to things. we saw them FINALLY taking a step in a direction of even admitting they wanted to take it further, so the next logical step is to SHOW them in their first steps of being IN a relationship. whether it's easy to show this or not (because of rda not being around), it can still be talked about by sam and others. i really don't see sam and jack over.

as for asking questions to the writers: i'd have asked! not to harass the writers, but to ask them about a on-going storyline. i'm really disappointed that no one seemed to ask a ship question.

if the show is going to be so different and things (s/j ship) is dropped... then i'll be taking a flying leap to another show. i've had enough trouble staying with this show to begin with, that if season 9 is *really* a different show, with only the title remaining... hey, i want to watch stargate sg-1, with sam, jack, daniel, and teal'c. if it's different now, then change the bloody title. i can take change, just not being manipulated into it.

(why am i being so snarky? )

sally
                                Sally, those are just my thoughts. I truly think that TPTB purposely left the season 8 ending vague, so that the viewers could draw their own conclusions. I believe that TPTB thought that they would be able to satisfy everyone without actually siding with one fan base or another. For us, it probably wasn't enough. And I agree with your last paragraph. I won't be staying around for season 9, if the show is that drastically different, like I think it will be.

As for the conventions, I think everyone goes for different reasons. I go because I like to see how these people are in real life. I like to hear them talk about the behind the scenes practical jokes, the friendships, the parties, their home lives - if they want to discuss that, etc. I honestly have never attended any type of fan event to hear scoop on the shows. I am probably in the minority on this, but I would just rather see how the actors are in person as opposed to listening to the writers talk on stage about upcoming storylines. AND, by the time I went in February, I already knew how season 8 was going to end, so I already had my own spin on the lack of ship in season 9.

Comment

Working...
                                X