This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

As far as 'supposed' Shippers... I know Kiwigater and Marimba liked S/J ship and our wonderful ShipperTown Activities Director, Tame, has always been one of our biggest S/J ship supporters.... even when the rest of us were down in the dumps grumbling/mumbling away. But I can't speak for them as to the reasons why they wouldn't/didn't ask. Had I chosen to go to the con (I had toyed w/the idea at the end of last year) I probably wouldn't have asked either, unless given the opportunity to talk one-on-one with the writers. I mean S/J ship questions are avoided like the plague by the writers who answer questions on the forum... they're not going to touch it with a 10 foot pole at a public con. And RCC was there last weekend too & if I do recall about this time last year he was talking about the issues shippers had.... so I don't think he would have lent himself to a ship question very easily by anyone who knows his attitude towards some fans...

But there could always be the chance that the congoers talked to someone *in the know* who swore them to secrecy too.... (though that last part would be very wishful thinking on my part.... )

I didn't ask any ship questions throughout the weekend at my event either. Partly because there were no PTB at my con, and also because I go to the events as a fan of Stargate, not as just a Jack and Sam shipper. Like I have said before, I was a Stargate SG-1 fan first. There were no opportunities to ask about Sam and Jack. And even the Dan/Jan shippers basically got shot down by Shanks, because he dislikes ship on a Sci-Fi show.

At my first event, in Burbank last year, I was lucky enough to meet Amanda Tapping. The one time when I could have asked a question was when she noticed my photo bag (I have a bag that holds 9 photos, and most of mine were RDA and/or shipper pics). She said "I can see who YOU like!" and my friend commented that she would very well faint if RDA showed up at one of these events. Amanda was such a sweetheart, and gave me a shoulder squeeze, but I really didn't want to focus the conversation on ship. If I had the guts to ask a question, it would have been "so, how could you hook me up with RDA?" lmao, just kidding.

Anyway, I guess this is just to reiterate that I am not the least bit surprised no one asked about ship. There are typically a handful of people who ask a ton of questions. The rest of us sit back and enjoy the con.... and take multitudes of pictures.

Comment

Martin Gero's online right now...he's more with SGA than SG-1 but still can take SG-1 Q's...

Perhaps even a shippy from a daring family member???

Hmmm????

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Martin Gero? Who's he?

*crawls under a rock*

ahem...anywho...

Yeah...I find at conventions, it's normally about half a dozen to a full dozen who do the asking. It's kinda reflected in the JM thread too...I feel that I need to be careful when asking a shippy question and it's the same at cons too...remember the hostility at the con that opened with a shippy music vid?

anywho...I'm on a writing roll

FIC UPDATE

In between the Threads - Chapter Seven - In between the mountain and the Florists

Reminder - story is based on Threads

Spoiler:
        Why is Sam running from Pete? And what's Jacob up to?
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
          That scene was a lot sweeter and more poignant with the way they did it. If you turn up the volume Gen Jack did tell Dr. Carter "I love you"-but it had more of a heart tugging feel to it with out the full on smooch.
          All right. It was touching. I'll give you that...

I dared to do it! I asked Martin Gero a specifically shippy question...now I'm bracing myself for the pummel of large rotten tomatoes...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Well, if they're so certain that they've resolved the S/J ship, how come we're still not sure? We're not stupid; we just want confirmation.

Uber, if the pummel of rotten tomatoes comes at you, we'll be here to support you. I just don't see what the big deal with the anti-shippers is. The relationship doesn't ruin the sci-fi. It just makes the characters more like real people instead of one-dimensional super-soldiers.

But there I go again......

RL calls, and a busy rest of the work day is ahead. I'll check back in late this afternoon!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              All right. It was touching. I'll give you that...

I dared to do it! I asked Martin Gero a specifically shippy question...now I'm bracing myself for the pummel of large rotten tomatoes...

Ooo, well done on the ship question! Hope you don't get pummeled *hugs*!

I have to agree, I'd have loved to have seen a snog... I know that's a horrible word, yet we Brits use it all the same ... kiss, between AU Sam and Jack, considering they were engaged it wouldn't have been a far stretch. However, the scene as it is, is lovely and touching, a full on smooch might have wrecked that. As great as it is to see them kissing, sometimes hugs can show the more tender feelings better.
              Uncontrolled Destiny
              My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

I just want to make a quick public post in regards to the latest reports we've been given regarding the rep system. First of all I would highly recommend that any issues with any reps you've been given, whether good or bad, be taken to PM so as not to stir things up on thread. And it seems that most red points given out in here lately have been because of OT so I just wanted to clarify something.

It was my impression that there was going to be some OT allowed in this thread and that the Disussion only thread would be for the people who enjoy a thread purely for S/J with no OT allowed? Because if that's not the case I'm wondering why we have the two threads?

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Shipperahoy - I'm sorry if I've aggrivated things further, but I had the same understanding as you. If I get dinged for being OT, I normally don't comment on it (apart from the time I went into hysterics) but my initial ding was not for a completely of topic post it was about fanfiction...shippy fanfiction.

There's also the fact that people are getting dinged for completely on topic posts. I've been speaking to Skydiver about this and until earlier today had tried not to comment on the situation.

I realise one of my posts today broke Forum rules, and for that, I apologise.

BUT...dinging's not why I'm here...so here's a question

What's your favourite S/J kiss?

The Broca Divide
                  Point of View
                  Window of Opportunity
                  Spoiler:
                  Moebius

Grace isn't included just to make the decision that bit more difficult. I suggest going back and rewatching all of the kisses before making a decision!
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                    I just want to make a quick public post in regards to the latest reports we've been given regarding the rep system. First of all I would highly recommend that any issues with any reps you've been given, whether good or bad, be taken to PM so as not to stir things up on thread. And it seems that most red points given out in here lately have been because of OT so I just wanted to clarify something.

It was my impression that there was going to be some OT allowed in this thread and that the Disussion only thread would be for the people who enjoy a thread purely for S/J with no OT allowed? Because if that's not the case I'm wondering why we have the two threads?
                    What was even more aggravating was that the posts I got dinged for for being OT were about spreading shippy love... I'm still not exactly sure how talking about Sam and Jack and ship are somehow OT on the Sam/Jack Shipper Thread...

And you're right. There is some OT here...but most of us - myself included - don't mind it at all since I think of these people as friends and want to know tidbits from their lives! Now if we spent pages and pages OT, that'd be another thing altogether...but that's not what's happening.

I appreciate...as I'm sure others do as well...you're coming in here and reminding us that some OT is allowed as long as the brunt of the convo here is on the ship!

SHIP SHIP HOORAY for SHIPPERAHOY!

By the way shipper fam, still looking for more examples of the Sam/Jack music...

*taps foot impatiently*

Comment

Whaddya mean Grace isn't included!

Mmmmmmmmm - well, I'll go watch them all again anyway, but I know what my answer will be ......

POV - cos it's so emotionally charged, angsty, shippy, poignant, delicate, evokative ... I'm running out of adjectives
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        SHIP SHIP HOORAY for SHIPPERAHOY!
                        Now I'm thinking about music - but it's not the S&J music but Winnie the Pooh ... arrrrgh!

So we say ship ship hooray
                        Ship ship hooray for Shipperahoy
                        (and Skydiver too)

*groans - how am I gonna get that out of my head...*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

The Broca Divide
                          Point of View
                          Window of Opportunity
                          Spoiler:
                          Moebius

Grace isn't included just to make the decision that bit more difficult. I suggest going back and rewatching all of the kisses before making a decision!
                          You just had to remove Grace, didn't you? Yes, that definitely makes it difficult! I did like
                          Spoiler:
                          the Moebius kiss, but it did seem to kinda lack the passion of the Grace kiss, it was more a humour kiss. But it was cute.
                          The PoV kiss is great, lovely, angsty... but I'm put off choosing it because of Sam's hair. Ridiculous reason, I know, but whenever I watch it, I just end up staring at the hair... not good . The Broca Divide one was, well definitely passionate and forceful, but Sam was, well, too animal like (and not in a good way ) and Jack didn't really respond, so I'm going to go with Window of Opportunity. It was lovely, happy, fluffy, non-angsty Sam and Jack, and that's rare. I love how he dips her, and her arm coming up behind his head to show her response just before the loop re-loops. Love it.
                          Uncontrolled Destiny
                          My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                            Shipperahoy - I'm sorry if I've aggrivated things further, but I had the same understanding as you. If I get dinged for being OT, I normally don't comment on it (apart from the time I went into hysterics) but my initial ding was not for a completely of topic post it was about fanfiction...shippy fanfiction.

There's also the fact that people are getting dinged for completely on topic posts. I've been speaking to Skydiver about this and until earlier today had tried not to comment on the situation.

I realise one of my posts today broke Forum rules, and for that, I apologise.

BUT...dinging's not why I'm here...so here's a question

The Broca Divide
                            Point of View
                            Window of Opportunity
                            Spoiler:
                            Moebius

SueKay ...no Grace....I love Grace...THAT KISS and they had to do 13 retakes of THAT KISS....so oh so lucky AT

Comment

The WoO kiss is probably my favorite because it's the closest thing we've gotten to our Sam and Jack kissing. It was really them kissing but Sam just couldn't remember it. Poor poor Sam.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Ok I am just going to jump straight in here about which Sam and Jack kiss I like, it's going to be hard though 'cos the Grace one is not in it!

Ok so first of all they were all great and I do find it hard to pick. I think it is between PoV and WoO. PoV is so angsty and emotional but I think I will have to go with WoO. This is because, like ohshocking said, I love it when he dips her and she so puts her arm around him. Plus out of the two, WoO is a kiss with both 'our' Sam and Jack (even though there is a loop and only Jack remembers lol) unlike PoV where it is only 'our' Jack and an AU Sam!

Hm I'll shut up now!

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Working...
                                X