Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main SGA episodes?

Hi everybody,

I'm almost done watching SG-1 and can't wait to start with SGA. There's a but, because I only want to watch the main storyline.

Could anybody tell me or redirect me to a list of main/important and funny episodes?

Thanks in Advance!

I would recommend just watching the first season and then going from there if you like it.

sigpic

Comment

If you ask me, every SGA episode is worth watching at least once. The "main storyline" isn't as contained as it was in SG1 (with SG1, you had four seasons with Apophis as a main villain, followed by a few with Anubis and then two with the Ori). In SGA, the Wraith as villains are fairly prominent throughout, though there are standout episodes that don't actually feature them at all (eg. the Season 1 two-parter "The Storm"/"The Eye"). You'd be sort of missing out if you were just to stick with the important "Wraith as villains" episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by IAmACookie View Post
        Hi everybody,

I'm almost done watching SG-1 and can't wait to start with SGA. There's a but, because I only want to watch the main storyline.

Could anybody tell me or redirect me to a list of main/important and funny episodes?

Thanks in Advance!
        This is a very strange requirement...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I'd have to really think about that! The Wraith are the main villians, but they are so interwoven into all the other stories/villians, it would be hard to not watch them all. If you made it through SG1, it's less than 1/2 the episodes to get through all of SGA!

Comment

Why do you want to skip episodes? SGA was largely episodic. Though there are story arcs, there was no "one" driving story arc for the series. It was fight the Wraith, search for ZPM's. Some of the best episodes have nothing to do with either.

Comment

I am gonna go do some research for you now because these guys seem to be rather unhelpful.

Just to check you want this limited to when key characters emerge/die and when we find out key facts; but only so long as it plays a role in the finale, correct?
              With Superb-Caliber-Frag-Statistics-Explosions-Are-Delicious!!

Comment

Yup, those are the episodes I defenitily want to watch. Also, if there are episodes you consider extremily well written or rather funny, I'd like to watch those as well.

Thanks in advance!

@ rkgardner2003: True, the series is only half as large as Sg-1. But I find it rather hard to sit down and watch a 45 min. episodes if it is subject to bad writing or standard sci-fi cliches.

Comment

... But I find it rather hard to sit down and watch a 45 min. episodes if it is subject to bad writing or standard sci-fi cliches.
                  If you haven't seen SGA, then how could you have that opinion? It's definitely no worse than SG-1 from my book, and apparently you were able to "sit through" 200+ episodes of that which were all about 45 min long. If you really "can't wait" to get started watching SGA, then just watch it. If you think it's full of bad writing and cliches, then don't.

For me, there were a lot of problems that great writing could have fixed, but it was still worth it to watch the entire series once. The characters and concepts were strong enough for that.

sigpic

Comment

Other than having a common enemy of the wraith, every episode is really unique. If you are looking for generally "good" episodes I would recommend checking out some of the SGA Rewatch threads and awards.

Comment

SGA episodes that can be considered funny or have a few funny moments in them:

Season 2, "Duet"

Season 3, "Irresistible"

Season 3, "Irresponsible"

Season 4, "Harmony"

Keep in mind also that there are some funny moments in several episodes. However, they stand out in the episodes listed above.
                      Are you in the Kansas City area? Do you know any SG fans in the area?
                      Email me and join the local group of Stargate enthusiasts! (Email address in my profile.)
                      What if... events occurred differently in Stargate? | Which version Stargate fan are you?
                      An all new crew: Who would you want MGM to hire for a new Stargate show or movie(s)?
                      When have you met SG cast or crew (excluding conventions)?
                      Stargate Enthusiasts in the Kansas City Area | Being Introduced to Stargate

Comment

I would suggest at least starting from episode one and watching a few to see if you find them to be poorly written or filled with cliches. I think that those episodes that are "the core"... or as Twilord put it...

Originally posted by Twilord View Post
                        I am gonna go do some research for you now because these guys seem to be rather unhelpful.

Just to check you want this limited to when key characters emerge/die and when we find out key facts; but only so long as it plays a role in the finale, correct?
                        ... don't have as big an impact or hold as much significance if you haven't built up the connection between you and the characters or seen the build up between the shows characters themselves. I would think without the emotional connection that comes with "time spent" with each episode, that it would not be as satisfying when you do experience some of their triumphs or as devastating when you see some of the losses. Just my opinion, but then I'm a bit biased... loved these two shows to pieces.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                          This is a very strange requirement...
                          Indeed.

But I find it rather hard to sit down and watch a 45 min. episodes if it is subject to bad writing or standard sci-fi cliches.
                          Then I suggest you skip the whole of season 4 and 5. So, that leaves 1 season with some great writing and two with moderate to average though not that bad yet.

Originally posted by Dr. D. View Post
                          Season 3, "Irresistible"

Season 3, "Irresponsible"
                          You really want him to sit 42 minutes (times 2) through those 2 episodes - he'll never watch another SGA episode again.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

What are you talking about FH? Season 4 was awesome. Which goes to point out again that you can't know what is good and what is bad until you sit down and watch it. We as a forum rarely agree.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Why would you only want to watch a certain amount of episodes? The impact of it won't have the same effect if you've only watched a handful of episodes. I suggest you just with season 1 and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X