• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Kiss (202)

GRIMM - SEASON TWO
    THE KISS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 202
    Nick and his mother team up to fight the Mauvais Dentes. Meanwhile, details about Juliette's affliction come to light as Monroe and Rosalee race against the clock to save her; Nick gets into trouble with the FBI; and Capt. Renard deals with his brother. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

wow that was a good ep!

Spoiler:
    i loved all the action in this episode. and the scene with him saying goodbye to his mom.

though i don't like that Juliet doesn't know who Nick is . I just hope that she doesn't develop feelings for Renard, because that would be lame. speaking of him, at least we got a confomation that he is royal. but still not sure what he is (other than barely human), but enough that he has fooled Nick this whole time
    sigpic

Comment

Wow, that was a really good episode
      sigpic

Comment

Ha! I knew it! I so knew it!
        Sorry, I know this doesn't make sense, I only had a chat about Renard at the weekend and ... hehe, I was right about him!

Okay episode-thoughts:
        Spoiler:
        Loved it! Another great episode and a really good end to this trilogy started with 1.22. Finally I made my peace with Kelly, and that she has stolen that car at the end ... well, one of the official spoilers was about a "surprising car-theft" and I had Kelly in mind since I read that. So, not so surprising. I only hope she only took that car and did not return to the trailer.
        Nick between all chairs was good. David G. is really grown into his character and my critic about how he did action-scenes is gone now. The fight with the creature at the beginning was really a good one and I like the idea that it took at least both Grimm to take this sabertooth down.
        Nick manipulating the case(s) - what other choice he had? I think scenarios like this will turn out more often when he will be up against the Wesen out there (but I hope he will continue only fighting the "bad" ones).
        I'm a little sad that Tuck's character again had to die. I loved her on True Blood as Nan Flanagan and miss her there (to quote herself in Grimm season 1: She does ugly so well ). I don't think that was necessary to kill her off here.
        Renard ... hehe, I was right! Royals aren't human. But that glimpse of what he was changing in looked a little bit ... weird to me. Please, no dragon *shakes head*! Let them be what Monroe said: mythological. And at the end Renard was again lucky that Nick didn't looked over his shoulder ... But now the Grimm of Portland is warned, he know there's a Prince out there. I'm really curious if he will find out or not.
        Again it wasn't enough Hank in there but he played a bigger part than last week - good. I loved the scene in the garage where he told Nick not to play games on him. My sweetie Hank *wanna hug him right now*! I hope Nick will finally decide to tell Hank everything - and I hope Hank will be more open to this than Juliette.
        Juliette ... well, again I wasn't too surprised that she couldn't remember Nick. We saw that the memory of him vanished last week. But for Nick this will be hard to deal with because he does what Juliette always told to him: he really loves her. I would hate to watch them break now but I fear this will happen. BTW, I'm not sure if the Hexenbiest was right about that Nick wasn't able to wake Juliette up on his own. She said it needed a true heart and as far as I've watched the show Nick has a true heart - or had it (don't know if this will finally change ...).
        My favourite scene? Nick wakes up in the trailer. I sooo often had that scene in my mind and to see it now ... AWE!

Great episode! Sooo looking forward to next week *happy dance again*

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

i too always visioned Nick falling asleep in the trailer. and i love Kelly's reaction, "oh i've done that many times" or what ever she says. at least Juliett wasn't there, that would be hard to explain.
          sigpic

Comment

I loved this ep, lots of different story lines in it.
            Spoiler:
            I'm not too sure I trust Mama Grimm. Could she have ulterior motives for wanting the coins? Maybe it's just the crazy look she sometimes gets on her face, but I'm not sure of her motives. I know she loves Nick and she seems to have made peace with the fact that some of the people like Monroe could be good and don't need to be killed, but she's been out there running around a long time, and she seems different from Aunt Marie. Aunt Marie had a gentle side to her, But Momma Grimm seems a bit crazed. IMO. Maybe she wanted the coins to try and control the Royals somehow. I thought they were perfectly safe where Nick had them hidden. Since the Royals don't know that he doesn't have them, I can't see how giving them to her made him any safer from them.
            no means no, and so does pepper spray
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

That was awesome!

I loved everything about it.
              Spoiler:
              Nick and Mom fightining side by side in the beginning was a great start of the episode. I don´t entirely trust her but she seemed honest about loving Nick. I just think she has her own motives.
              Nick becomes more and more Grimm and less a cop. i don´t mind. He is *his* kind of a Grimm and it looks like he decided to fight the bad Wessen and be friends with good ones.
              Renard is a prince but as was told by the witch, he is a "bastard" - literally. That is an interesting point - he seems to be a soloist, maybe he wants to find his own way in doing things. Oh, and James Frain is fantastic and I hope to see him more.
              I loved Hank in this episode. He FINALLY opened his eyes. They seemed to change his personality so he seems less cheerful. The speech to Nick was a very good scene. I enjoyed everybody and everything here. Scene with Monroe, Rosalee and Kelly was weird, funny and touching at the same time. I like how the actors and characters manage to have a good chemistry on this show.
              Juliette´s ending twist was predictable. I expected her to forget and I think it is possible she may have changed a little - I don´t think that a simple kiss would get rid her of the evil thing inside.
              Anyway, promo to the next episode looks promising, too and I hate the whole week of waiting

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                Ha! I knew it! I so knew it!
                Sorry, I know this doesn't make sense, I only had a chat about Renard at the weekend and ... hehe, I was right about him!

Okay episode-thoughts:
                Spoiler:
                BTW, I'm not sure if the Hexenbiest was right about that Nick wasn't able to wake Juliette up on his own. She said it needed a true heart and as far as I've watched the show Nick has a true heart - or had it (don't know if this will finally change ...).

Great episode! Sooo looking forward to next week *happy dance again*
                I think that not only someone
                Spoiler:
                pure at heart was needed but that person needed to be a royal/prince.

and the creature side of Renard is really ugly, sorry, I had expected him to be something like prince charming and he's a bastard too, well kinda expected that part - on the other hand did not expect Nick's mom stealing a car - hope she does not double cross him somehow
                Grimm returns October 24
                sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                  I loved this ep, lots of different story lines in it.
                  Spoiler:
                  I thought they were perfectly safe where Nick had them hidden. Since the Royals don't know that he doesn't have them, I can't see how giving them to her made him any safer from them.
                  I am not sure about that part, from last episode I think that Renard is convinced that
                  Spoiler:
                  Nick has the coins - but Kelly did not get also the key, correct? I think if she had something in mind, she would have taken that one too
                  Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Comment

I also liked it when
                    Spoiler:
                    Monroe and Kelly teamed up in the hospital to help Nick attend to Juliette with Rosalee's cure

and when the FBI agents were interrogating him and asked whom he was covering up, he
                    Spoiler:
                    replied: "My mother". This wasn't a lie but of course nobody believed him
                    Grimm returns October 24
                    sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode.

The Best:
                      The hug! Rosalee and Monroe were perfect.

The Good:
                      Hank. I haven't been a Hank fan for some time, so it was nice to see him back to normal a bit.
                      Also, I liked that Renard seemed generally interested in restoring Juliet. Not hurting her.
                      It didn't hurt that we got more of Renard without his shirt.

The Bad:
                      The cop melodrama was a bit meh and predictable.
                      I'm sorry to see Mama Hexenbeast go.

Overall, a great episode.
                      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

yeah, Rosalee hugging Mama Grimm that's surely something Kelly would never have expected - and how surprised Monroe was to see that
                        Grimm returns October 24
                        sigpic

Comment

I liked the tiny conversation aftermath the hug:
                          "Was that a smile?"
                          "Yeah, I think it was ..."

As much as I love Monroe/Rosalee but it's about time to get my boyz back in duty (Nick/Monroe! )

Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic
                          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

we don't need spoiler tags in here, at least not for this episode, only future ones.

I've 'known' since last season something was off with Renard. He was either a wesen or something because he knew too much, but also seemed to spend his time covering things up and almost helping nick, even unwittingly.

I too question what mama grimm is gonna do with those coins. quite the power boon to her.

we do seem to have a 'new generation' going on, mama's generation had the 'no wesen is a good wesen' attitude, Nick at least gives them the benefit of the doubt - as long as they earn it/prove that they deserve it.

His attitude actually fits better in the 'keep a low profile' attitude of the royals than mama's 'kill em all' aggression.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Made a couple of HD-caps (yay, the source was much faster this week!). Maybe there are some pics for interest

2.02 The Kiss

Sig & Avi by Josi
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X