• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot (101)

Visit the Episode GuideGRIMM - SEASON ONE
    PILOT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 101
    An Oregon police detective learns that he has inherited the ability to see dangerous creatures who pose as real people, sending his life into turmoil as he looks for an abducted child while learning what it means to be one of the last of the Grimms.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

I am watching the Pilot again and to see it after those 32 episodes, well, it is different.
    Spoiler:

One of the first lines Hank said to Nick was "taking a picture of you while you are young and innocent". It "hurt" a little. After watching depressive 2x12, you can tell Nick is neither young or innocent. In Season 2, he seemed to grow up ("Grimmed up"?) and dealing with his first shooting in the Pilot...we know how that went.

The police station looks different - their tables are in different places. It happens a lot with Pilot episodes (I noticed it in Chuck as well).
    That red jacket doesn´t seem right. It doesn´t become Nick. It is very tight and just weird.

When Nick walks into the trailer for the first time and looks into the book that is on the table, after he turns the page, there is the Wesen that Farley Colt was (I just can´t remember the name of the wesen right now)

Maybe I will notice more things...
    Last edited by Skydiver; 27 May 2014, 03:06 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

yeah, I'm doing a rewatch of the show too. and there are a lot of things that show how different Nick is now. and yeah that line with Hank stood out to me too.
      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
        Mh, for me Nick is still "young", innocent - nope, definetely not longer. But maybe that's my point of view as the "oldie" beyond the 40th .
        Farley is/was a Steinadler (German heraldic animal) . Great, now I really want to know if he is still alive or if Kimura killed him ...

I'm not rewatching now, I'm planning a big rewatch during the Holidays and I'm still busy with the Gallery, the Exchange and my *new* own Grimm-Community at LJ - yes, I know I'm nuts. And I've watched season 1 so often I fear I will get sick of it, so ...
        But one thing still makes me curious (and I really hoped TPTB will clear that one day): The end of the Pilot is a re-shot, as you can see perfectly thanks to David's hair . I would really love to know what they had first in mind, if they had an ending to a possible "stand-alone movie" what they switched after they got the permission from NBC.
        Last edited by Hyndara71; 29 May 2014, 09:47 AM.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
          But one thing still makes me curious (and I really hoped TPTB will clear that one day): The end of the Pilot is a re-shot, as you can see perfectly thanks to David's hair . I would really love to know what they had first in mind, if they had an ending to a possible "stand-alone movie" what they switched after they got the permission from NBC.
          what are you talking about? what has been reshot?
          Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

The scene where Adalind tries to attack Marie but hit Nick instead, that's a reshot.

Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

really? have to rewatch that
              Grimm returns October 24
              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                The scene where Adalind tries to attack Marie but hit Nick instead, that's a reshot.
                that is? I wonder what was originally there then.
                sigpic

Comment

For some reason I never got round to buying the first season of Grimm. Recently I wanted to go back to the beginning and see how it all started, so whilst in Best Buy today I picked up the DVD.

I've been really enjoying how the friendship between Nick and Munro has been built up over the two years. So it's great to go back and see how it all started.

Munro out in his back yard 'marking' his territory, that was funny! It was quite interesting too how quickly Nick came to trust Munro after he was the main suspect for the abductions. This set up nicely the great idea that not all Wesen were big bad monsters, it was interesting that his Aunt Marie even said to get the "bad ones".

The discussion with Munro about how Nick was suddenly aware of weird things beginning to happen to him turning out to be a passing of the Grimm 'mantle' from one family member to the next on the death of the 'current' Grimm, the same idea of the 'Slayer' in Buffy was a bit weird given that later.........

Spoiler:
                  ....we learn that his mother was still alive.

Also I'd completely forgotten that Renard was quite happy to have the Grimm killed to start with. I still can't figure why he decided that Nick was not to be killed from one moment to the next. Did I miss something?

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I think Renard wanted the coins or was it the key? besides that he didn't care if the grimms lived or not.
                    Last edited by blueray; 27 May 2014, 05:25 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                      I think Renard wanted the coins or was it the key? besides that he didn't care if the grimms lived or not.
                      Renard wanted the key during the Pilot. Later he claimed he got an order from his European family. The coins weren't known then, they came into the game with 1.13.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic

Comment

Skipping a few posts as they talk about future seasons and how characters have changed.

Already saw the pilot back when it first aired and while it was neat, I just never stuck to the following episodes. I'm now at episode 6 I think and while some parts were cool, overall it hasn't hit me as a much watch show.

Still going to finish out the season and see how things shake loose.

Comment

Let's watch the 'to come' spoilers. Or at least put them behind tags. We split these shows up into episodes to accommodate those all over the world that may not have gotten the show yet or may be watching it for the first time.

Think about it, if you were watching it for the first time would you want someone to lay out all the upcoming events?
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sorry about that. I put my comment in spoiler tags.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X