Our very own Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our very own Atlantis

Well not quite Atlantis, but a start in the direction of it!
    http://www.popsci.com/technology/art...lands-rise-sea
    it even has arms like Atlantis!

Originally posted by Dodgified View Post
    Well not quite Atlantis, but a start in the direction of it!
    http://www.popsci.com/technology/art...lands-rise-sea
    it even has arms like Atlantis!
    I don't know that I would consider it similar to Atlantis, but it does look like a tropical paradise.
    The appeal comes from the very fact that, as impossible as it may seem, the concept itself is plausible. Plus, it's more interesting than most real life shows.

Comment

If anything, its a step in the right directions. The Ancients would be so proud!!!

Comment

Aren't there better ways to spend money, such as finding homes for orphans?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
          Aren't there better ways to spend money, such as finding homes for orphans?
          The problem is, most people don't even pay a second thought to those that are suffering. Most, not even a first thought. Pointless things being made that waste money always seem more appealing because it means they don't have to be reminded that their wastefulness could be used to change someone's life.
          The appeal comes from the very fact that, as impossible as it may seem, the concept itself is plausible. Plus, it's more interesting than most real life shows.

Comment

Bingo! Well said.

Comment

Judging by how large they're building cruise ships these days they could probably build a replica of Atlantis with no trouble at all. Just needs someone with the money and willpower to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by TabsV View Post
                The problem is, most people don't even pay a second thought to those that are suffering. Most, not even a first thought. Pointless things being made that waste money always seem more appealing because it means they don't have to be reminded that their wastefulness could be used to change someone's life.
                Hmm not sure this is pointless to the people of the Maldives or even more so to the peoples of Kiribati and Vanuatu who are losing their nations now and I would imagine suffer greatly with fear for the future, this project may stop them losing their homes, or, if that can't be halted, at least perhaps this might enable them to retain their independence and integrity as a country. I hope it succeeds and that large scale versions can be in place before whole populations are uprooted and forced apart.

Comment

Heres something that also has the same principle as atlantis aswell:

http://www.firebox.com/product/4893/Project-Utopia

One can dream......

Comment

This is the closest thing I've seen to a real life equivalent to a city-ship like Atlantis:

http://dornob.com/flying-air-cruise-...-land-sea-sky/
                    Are you in the Kansas City area? Do you know any SG fans in the area?
                    Email me and join the local group of Stargate enthusiasts! (Email address in my profile.)
                    What if... events occurred differently in Stargate? | Which version Stargate fan are you?
                    An all new crew: Who would you want MGM to hire for a new Stargate show or movie(s)?
                    When have you met SG cast or crew (excluding conventions)?
                    Stargate Enthusiasts in the Kansas City Area | Being Introduced to Stargate

Comment

Working...
                    X