PDA

View Full Version : Agents of SHIELD (Marvel TV series) News/Discussion/SPOILERS

Pages : [1] 2 3

DigiFluid
August 1st, 2012, 07:46 AM
ABC And Marvel Eying ‘Avengers’-Themed TV Series (http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/abc-marvel-avengers-themed-tv-series/)

After scoring huge at the box office with its Avengers movie, Marvel is looking to explore the mythology on the small screen too. I’ve learned that Marvel’s TV division is in conversation with ABC and ABC Studios about doing a drama series in the Avengers world. I hear that the connection to the Avengers franchise would be light as the project is expected to be set in the universe and feature some of its themes and feel, but may not include any characters from Joss Whedon’s blockbuster. I hear the project is in a nascent stage, described as “a kernel of an idea,” with a number of scenarios being explored, including a high-concept cop show. Marvel has already given the Avengers the animated treatment with Disney XD’s The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and the upcoming Avengers Assemble.

Establishing a primetime foothold has been a priority for Disney-owned Marvel. The company has developed several projects for ABC Studios over the last couple of years, one of which, a Hulk series, is still in the works. Search is under way for a new writer to pen the project.

tomaso88
August 2nd, 2012, 12:24 AM
just did some research and read some more about it. Sounds like it could be interesting though I do have a feeling that it would be cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons only because for some reason that tends to happen with shows like this lol

mr_kennedy
August 3rd, 2012, 12:35 AM
Marvel doesnt seem to let there shows go for more than 1 or 2 seasons nowadays anyway i'm looking at you Wolverine & The X-men, & Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes

Wyrminarrd
August 3rd, 2012, 08:03 AM
I'd like to see an NCIS style cop show set in the Marvel universe. Just play it straight most of the time while throwing in the super elements every now and again.

Sp!der
August 7th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I would love it but I'm kind of worried that it will be on abc, although once upon a time is a great show and back in the days they had lost and alias so I know good shows can have success there but still I'm sceptic, I think they should just focus on movies right now and do them right.

DigiFluid
August 7th, 2012, 02:08 PM
To be developed by Joss Whedon (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/joss-whedon-avengers-sequel-359148), cancelled shortly thereafter.

DigiFluid
August 29th, 2012, 04:04 AM
ABC Greenlights Joss Whedon’s S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series (http://io9.com/5938729/abc-greenlights-joss-whedons-shield-tv-series)

Big, big news. ABC is going to make a S.H.I.E.L.D. show and Joss Whedon is going to write (and possibly direct) the pilot! Commence freak out.

Deadline is reporting that ABC has given the go-ahead to begin work on Whedon's show about S.H.I.E.L.D., the top secret organization that flies around in an invisible aircraft carrier. Many people had suspected this would happen after the copious marketing behind the S.H.I.E.L.D.-centric short Marvel film, Item 47. And Deadline says the series will continue it's growing focus on the agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Whedon's brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen will be joining Whedon on this project. Plus the big guy might direct the pilot (here's hoping). No word on when we'll see this pilot, or who has been cast. Or even who the main characters will be, since Samuel L. Jackson is unlikely to star in a weekly TV series.

the fifth man
August 29th, 2012, 06:28 PM
When this does come out, I will definitely check it out.

Replicator Todd
August 29th, 2012, 07:13 PM
A SHIELD series! :eek: *faints* Go MARVEL Go!

Sp!der
August 30th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Yes ! Yes ! Yes !

BruTak
August 31st, 2012, 10:43 AM
I'd like to see an NCIS style cop show set in the Marvel universe. Just play it straight most of the time while throwing in the super elements every now and again.
Keep an eye open for a show called "Powers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_(U.S._TV_series))".

Wyrminarrd
August 31st, 2012, 03:07 PM
Keep an eye open for a show called "Powers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_(U.S._TV_series))".

I am keeping my eyes on that show but the vibe I got from it was that it would be a bit more "serious" than NCIS which as always had a great easy humor to it. But then again things could change with "Powers".

As for the Shield show, I hope they have some of the big Avengers either shown directly or indirectly. It would be really cool if at some point the team (I´m assuming the show will revolve around a team) gets into trouble, calls for back up and Fury says he's sending someone the help and the next thing you know lightings are striking the bad guys down and you maybe see Mjolnir smash into something. They wouldn't even have to show Thor on camera, it would be enough to see his powers in action and the impact that has on the fight.

BruTak
August 31st, 2012, 11:08 PM
Presumably, Nick Fury would be a largely off-screen presence. What with Samuel L. Jackson being a busy man who usually has two or three movies on the go at once.

jelgate
September 3rd, 2012, 10:07 AM
Presumably, Nick Fury would be a largely off-screen presence. What with Samuel L. Jackson being a busy man who usually has two or three movies on the go at once.

More likely another lesser known actor would play Nick Fury

BruTak
September 3rd, 2012, 10:15 AM
More likely another lesser known actor would play Nick Fury
Idris Elba for example?

Wyrminarrd
September 3rd, 2012, 10:19 AM
I'd keep Fury off screen except when Sam Jackson was available if this show is supposed to happen in the same universe as the movies. If this is a different universe then I'd like to see 616 version of Fury.

BruTak
September 3rd, 2012, 10:21 AM
I'd keep Fury off screen except when Sam Jackson was available if this show is supposed to happen in the same universe as the movies. If this is a different universe then I'd like to see 616 version of Fury.

Maybe do it in a Charlie's Angels style? Fury just being a voice on the other end of a phoneline.

Wyrminarrd
September 3rd, 2012, 10:54 AM
Maybe do it in a Charlie's Angels style? Fury just being a voice on the other end of a phoneline.

Would work for me. They could have some mid level agent be directly in charge of the team and then only use Fury in reference or over the phone. Considering Jacksons philosophy toward work he shouldn't be difficult to get for some voice work.

BruTak
September 3rd, 2012, 11:11 AM
Or if push comes to shove, hire Terrence C. Carson who voices Mace Windu in "Star Wars: The Clone Wars". :)

Starsaber
September 4th, 2012, 06:47 AM
I'm not sure what else the actress might be doing, but maybe Maria Hill could be the person the main characters get their missions from.

BruTak
September 4th, 2012, 06:52 AM
If any of you guys are playing Avengers Alliance on Facebook, feel free to add me as an ally. :)

knowles2
September 4th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Sound like a cool concept, I hope Joss learnt a few lessons from his last two tv shows, of other wise this will be at most a 2 season show.

I suspect they will do this Alias style, with special powers kept to an absolute minimum, along with shield flying aircraft carrier and Samuel Jackson.

DigiFluid
October 2nd, 2012, 05:25 AM
Joss Whedon’s S.H.I.E.L.D. character details revealed

ABC’s forthcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot, currently being created by one Mr Joss Whedon, has whipped fandom up into what’s known in medical circles as a right old state. In short: we're excited

Since the news arrived that a pilot episode was on its way, little has been known about the in-development show; until now that is. Below, courtesy of TV Line, are the casting descriptions for five S.H.I.E.L.D. characters:

SKYE | This late-20s woman sounds like a dream: fun, smart, caring and confident – with an ability to get the upper hand by using her wit and charm.

AGENT GRANT WARD | Quite the physical specimen and “cool under fire,” he sometimes botches interpersonal relations. He’s a quiet one with a bit of a temper, but he’s the kind of guy that grows on you.

AGENT ALTHEA RICE | Also known as “The Calvary,” this hard-core soldier has crazy skills when it comes to weapons and being a pilot. But her experiences have left her very quiet and a little damaged.

AGENT LEO FITZ and AGENT JEMMA SIMMONS | These two came through training together and still choose to spend most of their time in each other’s company. Their sibling-like relationship is reinforced by their shared nerd tendencies – she deals with biology and chemistry, he’s a whiz at the technical side of weaponry.

Source (http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/shield/22862/joss-whedon%E2%80%99s-shield-character-details-revealed)

magictrick
October 2nd, 2012, 12:57 PM
From the sounds of it the series won't feature any Avengers or super-power types. I wonder if we will see Nick Fury or if this series is meant to be completely standalone other than the fact that it takes place in the same Marvel universe.

BruTak
October 2nd, 2012, 01:12 PM
Sounds all very Mission: Impossible to me.

Snowman37
October 2nd, 2012, 06:45 PM
So what is this show about? Features SHIELD, set in the same creative world as the Marvel cinematic movies such as The Avengers. OK, we've got a continuity and an organization, but no plot. Anyone know?

mr_kennedy
October 13th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Coulson will be in this show (http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/10/13/nycc-agent-coulson-is-the-lead-character-in-shield)

Wyrminarrd
October 13th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I hope that he will be the main character on the show and not just used in the first episode to set up the team.

TheRandomOne
October 13th, 2012, 05:38 PM
It is being said in various articles that he will be the main character

mr_kennedy
October 14th, 2012, 03:08 AM
I hope that he will be the main character on the show and not just used in the first episode to set up the team.

I actually would like Nick Fury to be the main character, but i dont think they would be able to get samual l jackson for the whole series but i can accept coulson as main character :)

Wyrminarrd
October 14th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Coulson should be the main character, filling the same role that Gibs does as team leader on NCIS while Nick Fury is used more as a behind the scenes character who runs the whole organization.

Replicator Todd
October 15th, 2012, 10:35 AM
So I'm assuming this is set before the Avengers? I love Coulson but don't want his death to be cheapened by his miraculous resurrection(unless he returns as The Vision!)

mr_kennedy
October 17th, 2012, 11:58 PM
So I'm assuming this is set before the Avengers? I love Coulson but don't want his death to be cheapened by his miraculous resurrection(unless he returns as The Vision!)

This is Marvel we are talking about.... nobody stays dead :p

DigiFluid
October 18th, 2012, 01:39 AM
I'm wondering if Coulson will be just....like the computer AI or something.

BruTak
October 18th, 2012, 03:26 AM
I kind of like the notion that the tone and feel of the show would be "NCIS with superheroes". :)

Teddybrown
October 25th, 2012, 09:44 AM
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/10/ming-na-cast-in-joss-whedons-s-h-i-e-l-d-pilot/
Ming Na cast in the Pilot episode...

BruTak
October 25th, 2012, 09:53 AM
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/10/ming-na-cast-in-joss-whedons-s-h-i-e-l-d-pilot/
Ming Na cast in the Pilot episode...

Sounds good. :)

Nice that she's getting some work after the dog's breakfast that was SGU.

DigiFluid
October 25th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Alternatively, it's nice to see her getting some work after the tragedy of SGU's undeserved cancellation.

Teddybrown
November 14th, 2012, 10:05 AM
http://www.scifistream.com/2012/11/two-more-agents-join-whedons-s-h-i-e-l-d/
Two more agents cast.

Gen. Chris
January 9th, 2013, 12:45 PM

Good news!

Wyrminarrd
January 9th, 2013, 01:00 PM
If you could have any Marvel hero show up in a guest role for an episode, what hero would you guys pick?

Gen. Chris
January 9th, 2013, 01:05 PM
If you could have any Marvel hero show up in a guest role for an episode, what hero would you guys pick?

Ironman. But it isn't like this show is going to have the budget for his visual effects. They might be able to have him out of costume though.

Also, this series appears to be taking place before The Avengers, so none of them may even be around or prominent yet.

Wyrminarrd
January 9th, 2013, 02:07 PM
True, but I did say any Marvel hero so you can pick ones that aren't associated with the cinemaverse :)

Sp!der
January 9th, 2013, 11:52 PM
will it be the origins of S.H.I.E.L.D. or do we know any storylines now ? It will be released this fall though, right ?

Prowler
January 10th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Ironman but I doubt the budget would allow it.

So, failing that, Black Widow, mainly because Scarlett Johansson needs to be in everything :D

Krichton
January 10th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Seems like a dumb idea. Why would I watch a show like this Give me a KICK ASS or HIT GIRL tv series!!!

Prowler
January 10th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Think it will be a good idea if they don't go too super power-y and make it it's own and don't rely on the Marvel movies.

Wyrminarrd
January 10th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I think that a SHIELD show that ignores the presence of super powered individuals would be lame since it could then just be any other cop show.

Sure, they can focus on non powered agents and how those guys operate but it has to be in a world that is filling up with super powered threats.

All I know for certain is that I want to see the Hulk pop up at some point since he doesn't seem to be getting his own show or movie anytime soon.

I´d also love to see Robert Downey Jr. pop up as Stark, would be great to see him solve some tech trouble/mistery that's going on :)

Prowler
January 10th, 2013, 12:18 PM
That;s what I mean by staying away from the films, it will just cheapen it a little.

Those characters are already popping up in each others movies, if there's going to be a TV series, mention them sure but don't bring them into it. If you're going to that, you may as well just make it a movie.

And by "too super power-y" I just meant, have but have more of a "normal" element to it :P

mr_kennedy
January 10th, 2013, 01:45 PM

Deadpool, His a mercenary so it would fit in with this show, plus deadpool is awesome, also his not to superhero-y, all he has is a healing factor... or we'll if you go by the movie (wolverine) then cyclops optic blast, teleport, etc etc, but in the comics i think his only got healing factor and maybe sometimes a teleport i think

so yeah... Merc with a mouth for S.H.I.E.L.D

Replicator Todd
January 16th, 2013, 12:54 PM

Ms Marvel or Doctor Strange!

Sp!der
January 25th, 2013, 10:52 PM
If HIMYM is ever ending I liked to see Cobie Smulder in S.H.I.E.L.D., I really really really like her.

mr_kennedy
January 25th, 2013, 10:57 PM
If HIMYM is ever ending I liked to see Cobie Smulder in S.H.I.E.L.D., I really really really like her.

We'll she does play a sometimes pivotal character in the comics, it could happen :) but i'm not ready to say goodbye to HIMYM yet and HIMYM without any of its main characters just wouldnt be HIMYM

Ms Marvel or Doctor Strange!

Ms Marvel is actually a really good idea, given her sometimes connection to S.H.I.E.L.D in the comics

Seems like a dumb idea. Why would I watch a show like this Give me a KICK ASS or HIT GIRL tv series!!!

Maybe they could be members of S.H.I.E.L.D :p

Sp!der
January 26th, 2013, 08:13 AM
We'll she does play a sometimes pivotal character in the comics, it could happen :) but i'm not ready to say goodbye to HIMYM yet and HIMYM without any of its main characters just wouldnt be HIMYM

I know and you are lucky that HIMYM gets a season nine although I think that it should end soon though... well.. back to S.H.I.E.L.D. I think Cobie Smulder could be an excelent main charater or the leader of the newbie agents insteat of having Fury or Coulson there all the time.

mr_kennedy
January 27th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Potentially Good News everyone, infact this could be legen...wait for it.........dary (http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/01/27/cobie-smulders-talks-agent-maria-hill-in-shield-and-captain-america)

Teddybrown
April 9th, 2013, 12:29 PM
http://collider.com/marvels-agents-of-shield-tv-series-synopsis/
Unofficial synopsis

http://collider.com/shield-tv-series-details-clark-gregg/
The return of Agent Coulson?

jelgate
May 9th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Its now been picked up by ABC instead of just negotiations

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/05/09/agents-of-shield-picked-up-by-abc/181851/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

Admiral Mappalazarou
May 12th, 2013, 10:03 AM
First teaser. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pFZE3W1SF_Q)

Coulson Lives :cameron:

Teddybrown
May 12th, 2013, 11:48 AM
First teaser. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pFZE3W1SF_Q)

Coulson Lives :cameron:

Looks good, beat me to posting that

Gen. Chris
May 12th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Why...why must it only be seven seconds long...

Wyrminarrd
May 12th, 2013, 04:03 PM
So that you'll be excited when the 8 second long teaser is released next week...

Gen. Chris
May 12th, 2013, 05:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySsw-6aetys

Girlbot
May 12th, 2013, 06:08 PM
I just saw that promo after the OUAT. Looks intriguing. We'll see.

Admiral Mappalazarou
May 12th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Why...why must it only be seven seconds long...

That's what she said.

Spimman
May 13th, 2013, 09:16 AM
I just saw that promo after the OUAT. Looks intriguing. We'll see.

First I'd seen about it too, looks really cool! I'm glad to see ABC got it as opposed to SyFy or NBC!!!

BruTak
May 13th, 2013, 09:22 AM
And the next question is, which UK broadcaster will buy it?

garhkal
May 13th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Watched a preview for this.. looks like it will be a slightly better done version of shows like warehouse 13 etc, where the govt goes after stuff supernaturally related...

poundpuppy29
May 13th, 2013, 03:01 PM
I am looking forward to this show I hope it airs on a good night for me so it doesn't interfere with other shows like The Big Bang Theory on Thursday or The Good Wife on Sunday or Bones on Monday any other night will work for me

Admiral Mappalazarou
May 14th, 2013, 01:27 PM
FULL TRAILER (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151385466123204)

It's not on YouTube yet to my knowledge so facebook will have to do! Kinda looks like Torchwood mixed with 24.

Teddybrown
May 14th, 2013, 01:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PerIAuv27SQ

Heres the youtube link
Looks pretty interesting, hope this gets picked up in the UK and I dont have to youtube it...

Starsaber
May 14th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Not happy with the timeslot, but there were some great lines in the trailer. Especially the "It means someone really wanted our initials to spell out SHIELD" one.

BlakkBilli
May 14th, 2013, 09:03 PM
So I'm guessing that is Luke Cage, wonder if they will introduce Punisher or Blade wait didn't Marvel get the rights to ghost rider again?

the fifth man
May 14th, 2013, 09:39 PM
I have high hopes for this. I really want it to do well, so my fingers will be crossed.

Gen. Chris
May 14th, 2013, 11:37 PM
I have high hopes for this. I really want it to do well, so my fingers will be crossed.

It's Joss Whedon and NOT Fox...Recipe for success. That's not even including the fact that it's Marvel.

mr_kennedy
May 15th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Triple Threat ^ :D

I think the guy in the hoodie is either Blade or Luke Cage, personally i'm hoping for Luke Cage, i like him better than blade

Also that sounded like Cobie Smaulders in the trailer, Didnt think they would feature her in it already :D

Don't touch Lola.......

Starsaber
May 15th, 2013, 04:07 AM
So I'm guessing that is Luke Cage, wonder if they will introduce Punisher or Blade wait didn't Marvel get the rights to ghost rider again?

I think it was Daredevil they got back.

jelgate
May 15th, 2013, 06:16 AM

I think the guy in the hoodie is either Blade or Luke Cage, personally i'm hoping for Luke Cage, i like him better than blade

Also that sounded like Cobie Smaulders in the trailer, Didnt think they would feature her in it already :D

Don't touch Lola.......

Thier is no way she can committ to a series as a regular next Fall. She is too busy with HIMYM

mr_kennedy
May 15th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Thier is no way she can committ to a series as a regular next Fall. She is too busy with HIMYM

Not a regular but i've heard she might guest star, and with HIMYM finishing up next season, she might be a regular in season 2 if we get a 2nd season

Gen. Chris
May 15th, 2013, 01:05 PM

Don't touch Lola.......

The general thought is that it is Luke Cage. From what I saw in the trailer and read about his powers, it seems accurate.

My question is...if they are hunting down these superheroes (or villains), how will their existence affect the Cinematic Universe? Cause surely even these other, albeit low level, superheroes or villains could be quite useful in their respective fights. It was already difficult enough for me to believe that Banner and Captain were too busy to help out Stark in Iron Man 3...You would think a terrorist threat in particular would be right up Captain America's alley.

Gen. Chris
May 15th, 2013, 01:06 PM

Don't touch Lola.......

The general thought is that it is Luke Cage. From what I saw in the trailer and read about his powers, it seems accurate.

My question is...if they are hunting down these superheroes (or villains), how will their existence affect the Cinematic Universe? Cause surely even these other, albeit low level, superheroes or villains could be quite useful in their respective fights. It was already difficult enough for me to believe that Banner and Captain were too busy to help out Stark in Iron Man 3...You would think a terrorist threat in particular would be right up Captain America's alley.

poundpuppy29
May 15th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Not happy with the timeslot, but there were some great lines in the trailer. Especially the "It means someone really wanted our initials to spell out SHIELD" one.
when are they going to show it what night in the U.S.?

Livestick
May 15th, 2013, 02:56 PM
when are they going to show it what night in the U.S.?

Tuesdays at 8. Not a particularly good choice, in my opinion. But we shall see what happens.

jelgate
May 15th, 2013, 03:36 PM
I would call it a medicroe timeslot. Thier are better timeslot for an ABC channel but their are also a lot worse.

Starsaber
May 16th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Tuesdays at 8. Not a particularly good choice, in my opinion. But we shall see what happens.

My problem is that the Boy Scout troop I'm an assistant scoutmaster for meets until 8:30 on Tuesdays.

poundpuppy29
May 17th, 2013, 04:26 PM
This makes me very happy :weiranime17: great time slot for me I got bored with NCIS and NCIS LA so Tuesday turned into DVD night for me it works for me

garhkal
May 18th, 2013, 10:58 AM
I'm just hoping there is going to be more to 'shield' than other shows/films where govt agents were going after those with super powers/mental powers, than the standard "You will work for us or die" crap..

escyos
July 16th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Is it just me or does this show come across as a real "Hollywood" scifi show. Most things hollywood makes is total rubbish - the new Star Treks, Batman etc.

jelgate
July 16th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Is it just me or does this show come across as a real "Hollywood" scifi show. Most things hollywood makes is total rubbish - the new Star Treks, Batman etc.

Popular opinion would seem to disagree with you. And at the end of the day that is what matters for a TV show

Scary Kitty
July 16th, 2013, 07:05 AM
I'm sure most of you are probably already aware, but I'll post it here for anyone who hasn't heard. There will be a panel discussion of Agents of SHIELD at Comic-Con International in San Diego this Friday (http://comiccon2013.sched.org/event/b6a0f16d29d8dcbf2b56697288e3f756#.UeVhbBa0FKM):

Friday, July 19 • 1:45pm - 3:00pm
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on ABC

Jeph Loeb (Marvel's head of television), Joss Whedon (Marvel's The Avengers), and surprise guests reveal top-secret new information about the first live-action television series from the House of Ideas. No Comic-Con attendee can afford to miss this historic panel!
Friday July 19, 2013 1:45pm - 3:00pm
Ballroom 20

Word has it some of the cast, including Clark Gregg, will be in attendance.

Now let's just hope I can actually get in; Legend of Korra and Bones will both have their panels in Ballroom 20 earlier that day and Agents of SHIELD is currently ranked as the third most popular event on the entire con schedule, which means it's gonna be a madhouse trying to get in. I foresee a lot of people getting there early and camping out in the room all day.

garhkal
July 16th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Meh.. Personally i would have rather they hold that at gencon!

knowles2
July 16th, 2013, 01:30 PM

Star trek completely agree with you, it was crap, barely watchable for me, hopefully JJ can disappear to Star wars and never come back.

Batman, I enjoyed the current series of Batman films better than any other version of Batman I had watch. An probably the superhero franchise around at the moment.

BruTak
July 16th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Star trek completely agree with you, it was crap, barely watchable for me, hopefully JJ can disappear to Star wars and never come back.

Batman, I enjoyed the current series of Batman films better than any other version of Batman I had watch. An probably the superhero franchise around at the moment.
I liked the Chris Nolan Batman movies right up to "The Dark Knight Rises". It was, IMO, twenty minutes too long, had too much Bane (the whole of the Batman rogues gallery to play with, and he picks Bane? Really?), not enough Catwoman, and do not start me on that ridiculous Batplane thing.

garhkal
July 18th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Maybe we see things differently as i really liked the new trek.

poundpuppy29
July 19th, 2013, 05:06 PM
I liked New Trek too

I am cautiously optimistic about this show

garhkal
July 20th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Since it's ABC eying it, hopefully it Won't be as craptastic as it would be if Syfy got a hold of it.

Scary Kitty
July 21st, 2013, 07:30 AM
Back from Comic-Con, where we got to see the full pilot during the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. panel on Friday. I am very impressed with what I saw.

(Brief spoilers ahead)
It is a pilot, so there are spots of clunkiness that are typical when bringing together a new cast (Clark Gregg is totally on his game as Coulson), but I think there's a lot of potential there. And we all got a kick out of the cameos by Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill and Ron Glass as a SHIELD psychologist (didn't catch his name, the cheers were drowning out the dialogue, LOL).

The special effects are top-notch; it is a TV show, but it looks like they pulled out all the stops to make sure it didn't look as bad as some hokey SyFy movie. The music is being composed by Bear McCreary and it is fantastic, I already want a soundtrack CD. :D

Story-wise, this one did look like a "budding superhero of the week" kind of thing; I am hoping they won't all be like that or it could get boring pretty quick. There's some mysteries being hinted at with regard to how Coulson came back (he can "never know"? Uh oh!), and as Kevin Feige promised a couple of months ago, we did indeed get to see Extremis again, in a way that I found both expected and unexpected and that I hope is followed up on.

So basically... so far, so good. I liked it, and I'll be watching. :)

BruTak
July 21st, 2013, 07:43 AM
Maybe Coulson's a Fixed Point in Time now? Like Captain Jack Harkness.;)

mr_kennedy
July 23rd, 2013, 07:17 AM
^ I'm guessing that it's more like the fury bots seen during the secret invasion but thats just me,

So i was wondering, if we could see J.K Simmons playing J.Jonah Jameson in this, it might be fun to see him mouthing off about spiderman. but idk

DigiFluid
July 23rd, 2013, 06:14 PM
I wonder if they're allowed? I know Sony holds the rights for all things Spider-Man for film, but I have no idea if that extends to TV.

jelgate
July 23rd, 2013, 06:38 PM
I wonder if they're allowed? I know Sony holds the rights for all things Spider-Man for film, but I have no idea if that extends to TV.

I don't know the specifics of Sony but in general terms the company usually holds all right to a superhero be it TV or movies

BruTak
July 23rd, 2013, 11:55 PM
So i was wondering, if we could see J.K Simmons playing J.Jonah Jameson in this, it might be fun to see him mouthing off about Spider-Man. but idk
I don't see why not, he already voices the character for Disney's "Ultimate Spider-Man" cartoon.

Which, I have to say, is a damn fine cartoon. It's right up there with "Batman: The Animated Series" in terms of quality.

mr_kennedy
July 24th, 2013, 05:44 PM
I don't see why not, he already voices the character for Disney's "Ultimate Spider-Man" cartoon.

Which, I have to say, is a damn fine cartoon. It's right up there with "Batman: The Animated Series" in terms of quality.

OT i know but I agree, Spidercycle aside, i really enjoy Ultimate Spiderman

DigiFluid
July 26th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Kind of surprised to hear that, actually. The buzz about USM has been...mixed at best.

jelgate
July 26th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Kind of surprised to hear that, actually. The buzz about USM has been...mixed at best.

Thats because no one can top the 1990s Spider-man:P

mr_kennedy
July 26th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Thats because no one can top the 1990s Spider-man:P

This is actually pretty close imo

Kali
July 28th, 2013, 08:55 AM
The show looks intriguing. I wish Joss Whedon well. He deserves this. After Firefly was cancelled, tragically, and then The Sarah Connor Chronicles too, it seemed like he wouldn't get a shot at producing another show. Good for him. I would like to see Summer Glau get a role in this show.

DigiFluid
July 28th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Uh...Whedon had nothing to do with TSCC. And he's riding pretty high after writing and directing The Avengers.

Kali
July 28th, 2013, 09:04 AM
^he created the series . . .

DigiFluid
July 28th, 2013, 09:09 AM
...no he didn't.

jelgate
July 28th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Maybe she is thinking about Dollhouse which Whedon created that was on around the same time as TSCC

Kali
July 28th, 2013, 02:45 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=agents+of+shield+Joss+Whedon+creator&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

garhkal
July 28th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Just saw the first TV spot advertizing the show.. Looks decent.

Kali
July 29th, 2013, 07:57 AM
I'm excited. I loved Heroes when it came out, although it got old rather quickly. The first two seasons were amazing.

DigiFluid
August 6th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Tom Hiddleston open to Loki appearing on Agents of SHIELD (http://www.blastr.com/2013-8-6/tom-hiddleston-says-hes-spoken-whedon-about-shield-loki-appearance)

Scary Kitty
August 6th, 2013, 06:02 PM
The pilot episode for Agents of SHIELD will be screening at Disney's D23 Expo in Anaheim, California this weekend. (http://marvel.com/news/story/20984/marvels_agents_of_shield_to_screen_at_d23_expo_2013)

BruTak
August 22nd, 2013, 01:47 AM
Agents of SHIELD to air on Channel 4 in the UK.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s227/agents-of-shield/news/a508912/marvels-agents-of-shield-to-air-on-channel-4-in-uk.html

Teddybrown
August 22nd, 2013, 06:39 AM
Agents of SHIELD to air on Channel 4 in the UK.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s227/agents-of-shield/news/a508912/marvels-agents-of-shield-to-air-on-channel-4-in-uk.html

Beat me to posting this, but definitely glad someone in the UK has picked this show up :)
Surprised its Channel 4 though...

Sp!der
August 23rd, 2013, 03:03 AM
I hope Germany will air this really soon...otherwise I have to riot! :D

poundpuppy29
August 24th, 2013, 07:22 PM
I am looking forward to this show hope it is good

garhkal
August 25th, 2013, 02:13 PM
From some of the previews it looks like they have Ming Na of SGU fame in there.

Sp!der
August 28th, 2013, 12:03 AM
I know that there are tons of great shows coming out this fall but Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is my top priority this year! :) I hope the US Audience is making sure that it will get a second season. Less than a month away, people! :)

BruTak
August 28th, 2013, 03:24 AM
The question is, how far behind the US broadcast will the UK be?

Teddybrown
August 28th, 2013, 08:25 AM
The question is, how far behind the US broadcast will the UK be?

Apparently they are going to try and broadcast them quite close, so maybe like FOX with the Walking Dead, one week behind, or Falling Skies, 3 or 4 weeks behind

BruTak
August 28th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Apparently they are going to try and broadcast them quite close, so maybe like FOX with the Walking Dead, one week behind, or Falling Skies, 3 or 4 weeks behind
Fair enough. I could live with that. :)

Mind you, I'm old enough to remember the three years between the US broadcast of Star Trek: The Next Generation "Encounter At Farpoint", and it coming to TV in the UK. ;)

Sp!der
August 28th, 2013, 10:11 AM
but remind me, here is a joss whedon and marvel fanboy speaking..:D

BruTak
September 6th, 2013, 10:41 AM
UK broadcast date 27th September. :D

Teddybrown
September 6th, 2013, 04:35 PM
UK broadcast date 27th September. :D

Thanks! Definitely putting this on series link.

Starfist
September 8th, 2013, 12:39 PM
I'll also be putting the series on series link... :)
It's showing on Channel 4 here in the UK.

BruTak
September 13th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Just had a look at the listings for the 27th on the Channel 4 website, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is scheduled for 2000hrs. :)

BruTak
September 15th, 2013, 05:15 AM
You can now make your very own S.H.I.E.L.D. ID card - http://www.agentsofshield.com/getyourbadge

BruTak
September 15th, 2013, 05:28 AM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f158/Silent-Ninja/SHIELDIDcard_zps3f5db71a.jpg (http://s47.photobucket.com/user/Silent-Ninja/media/SHIELDIDcard_zps3f5db71a.jpg.html)

knowles2
September 15th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Just had a look at the listings for the 27th on the Channel 4 website, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is scheduled for 2000hrs. :) Good time but surely they could have chosen a better night than Friday.

Gen. Chris
September 15th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Realized last night that I have class on Tuesdays when it airs...CRAP.

Sp!der
September 16th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Yes, the German iTunes Store made it available here! :)

mr_kennedy
September 24th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Anyone watched this yet?

poundpuppy29
September 24th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Anyone watched this yet?
I did I LOVED IT!!!

I did like the The Avengers movie so I was going to at least watch it I loved Joss Whedon's show Firefly but I did not like Dollhouse I only watched 2 eps. I won't watch Buffy cuz I hate vampire stuff and at some point some were "Good" Vampires from what I heard I believe Angel was the spin off he was "Good" vampire and they is just wrong to me on many levels.

it's scifi lite but it's cool I will watch it yay very happy I have something to watch on Tuesday night yay very happy loved the story and the witty dialogue.

mr_kennedy
September 24th, 2013, 05:31 PM
I did I LOVED IT!!!

I did like the The Avengers movie so I was going to at least watch it I loved Joss Whedon's show Firefly but I did not like Dollhouse I only watched 2 eps. I won't watch Buffy cuz I hate vampire stuff and at some point some were "Good" Vampires from what I heard I believe Angel was the spin off he was "Good" vampire and they is just wrong to me on many levels.

it's scifi lite but it's cool I will watch it yay very happy I have something to watch on Tuesday night yay very happy loved the story and the witty dialogue.

I'm a whedon fanboy so i knew i was going to like it :) i can't believe its getting mixed reviews already

jelgate
September 24th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Reviews mean nothing, Good shows get bad reviews and vice versa all the time

Darren
September 24th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Remember that S.H.I.E.L.D. fans have an entire folder (http://forum.gateworld.net/forums/287-Marvel-Universe-%28Agents-of-S-H-I-E-L-D-%29) in which to play now!

Our official discussion thread for the first episode is here (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/87945-Pilot-%28101%29).

Teddybrown
September 25th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Got this on my box to record on Friday, looking forward to it...

BruTak
September 25th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Me too. Can't wait. :)

Starfist
September 26th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Guess what I got..?

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l408/starfist_photos/B52441e7cc_zps05776bfc.jpg (http://s330.photobucket.com/user/starfist_photos/media/B52441e7cc_zps05776bfc.jpg.html)

Starfist
September 26th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I'm looking forward to catching the first episode/pilot. Which I'll be watching on Saturday.

Spimman
September 27th, 2013, 10:37 AM
What do y'all think they were hinting at about Phil Coulson can "never know"?

Teddybrown
September 27th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Quick question, haven't seen the first episode yet, will watch it later.
Can someone who hasn't seen Avengers Assemble and related films understand this show?

BruTak
September 27th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Liking it so far. Don't understand what some people are complaining about.

Also sweaty cosplay girls.:D :eek:

Teddybrown
September 27th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Pretty good episode, definitely going to be sticking with this to see where it goes...

Teddybrown
September 27th, 2013, 03:43 PM
http://cultfix.co.uk/agents-of-shield-coming-up-on-season-1-trailer-23885.htm
Season and episode 2 trailers.

Ian-S
September 27th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Have no idea what Avengers Assemble is. Saw the Avengers movie. Yes, I do believe anyone who knows who Phil coulson is can understand it.

Avengers Assemble was what the movie was called in the UK, due to rights issues.

To add more confusion to the issue, there's also the cartoon series by the same name.

But yes, it's pretty well explained through dialogue the main plot point they carry over from the film within the first minute or two, plus it's quiet a funny scene to boot.

Morgania
September 28th, 2013, 03:22 PM
I liked the pilot, but I was trying to watch while watching another show at the same time. So I'll have to do a re-watch tomorrow night or Monday afternoon.

Starfist
September 29th, 2013, 12:40 PM
I enjoyed what I saw.

So please can I have some more...?

Darren
September 29th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Hey, folks!

I'm posting this on some other show sections, but definitely want to try and get someone from the brand spankin' new Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fandom ...

We've recently relaunched SciFi Stream (http://www.scifistream.com/) and we are expanding our coverage for several shows there. If anybody is interested and willing to commit for a few months, I'd love to have a weekly "recap & review" for S.H.I.E.L.D.. (It doesn't have to be anything all that long or detailed.)

Take a look here (http://www.scifistream.com/join-the-team/) to learn more, and send me an e-mail or PM me on the forum if you are interested. Thanks!

ZRFTS
September 29th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Take a look here (http://www.scifistream.com/join-the-team/) to learn more, and send me an e-mail or PM me on the forum if you are interested. Thanks!

Sent.

mr_kennedy
October 1st, 2013, 08:41 PM
Everyone fails to realize with this show is that its a spy show set within the marvel universe created by joss whedon/marvel

I think Everyone expects it to be like shield covering up some super battle every week, and or that it will feature the likes of hulk or iron man, and ya know what with the last episode (0-8-4) i think if this show does well it could very well see a hulk cameo iron man (especially if his played by rdj) not so much, but only a cameo

I think it might lose quite abit of audience from people expecting that, but i think it will generate audiences from say the Alias fandom or Nikita fandom and i think/hope it will do well because a shield spy show is still going to be pretty good just not what most people where expecting

Cmdr Sean Coll
October 2nd, 2013, 04:38 AM
I'm really liking this show because it shows what SHIELD actually does day to day. Also I'm really hoping for a visit to the HeliCarrier in a future episode.

BruTak
October 2nd, 2013, 05:24 AM
Also I'm really hoping for a visit to the HeliCarrier in a future episode.

That'd be cool, yes.

Although the military nerd in me hopes they can film any Helicarrier flight deck scenes on an actual aircraft carrier this time, rather than at an airport as they did for The Avengers/Avengers Assemble.

poundpuppy29
October 2nd, 2013, 11:41 AM
I hope this show is doing well in the ratings

Gollumpus
October 2nd, 2013, 06:19 PM
I am finding this show to be a major disappointment.

The first two episodes haven't been that engaging and the characters are kind of dull. I don't see this as a growing pains issue. Aside from a bit more character development and the fleshing out of a few back stories, there isn't going to be a whole lot going on here. References are made to the movies or the One Shots, but otherwise everything is pretty predictable.

I do like Ming Na as May, but then Ming Na does it for me so I'm biased. Sue me.

Coulson has had a few "moments", where he gets to show off as per the Marvel One Shots, makes a couple of quips, and .... not much else.

I haven't looked into too many of the other comments here, however, am I the only one who sees this show as Whedon ripping himself off from his "Firefly" days?

Instead of Serenity we get the jet from the 2nd episode with pretty much the same crew, just mixed up a bit.

1.) Coulson as Mal Reynolds. Change the lawful world view of Coulson and you get Mal. You even get a "didn't want to leave anyone behind" in the 2nd episode.

2.) May as Zoe. Stern fighter, weapons expert etc.

3.) Ward as a somewhat smarter version of Jayne. He gets to play out the Inara half of the Mal/Inara romance. As with her, he is aggravated (but still drawn) by the chaotic nature of the other person.

4.) Skye as a mixture/reversal of the aspects of Inara and River. She plays the male half Mal/Inara romance, with her being more like Mal and Ward being closer to Inara's world view (lawful).

Skye also gets to carry the secret agenda storyline, as River had which was resolved in "Serenity".

5.) Fitz and Simmons are Simon and Kaylee.

6.) Who's not in there? Wash and Shepherd Book.

I'm thinking there's room for a "Wash" character. To me it doesn't make sense that the group flies around in that big plane with only May doing the piloting. (Yes, someone else could have pilot skills which will appear at an appropriately dramatic moment.)

What did we see in the 2nd episode? Everybody leaves their brand new plane and goes off into the jungle. What if some of those rebels they meet decided to do a bit of sabotage on the plane? What if they left a couple of dozen guys in the loading bay as a welcoming committee? Heck, what if someone came by and decided to steal the plane?

I figure that plane should have a regular flight crew of at least four to six guys who are SHIELD operatives (pilot, co-pilot, two in support areas like navigator/communications/medical/maybe even a cook, and two guys who handle the loading bay). I'm thinking the show will introduce at least one recurring character, who will fly the plane, and maybe generate a few sparks with May.

I do want to like this show, but from what I have seen to date I am not sure it's worth my time. Maybe there should be a different format. Rather than this being a 1 hour show (a network TV hour) they should do two or three extended One Shots, maybe a half hour max, which would allow for snappier writing and action.

regards,
G.

Gollumpus
October 2nd, 2013, 06:25 PM
What do y'all think they were hinting at about Phil Coulson can "never know"?

I'm figuring that the Cosmic Cube is involved somehow.

regards,
G.

BruTak
October 4th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Two episodes in and the writers are using the "Start the story in the middle, to make your audience think they've missed something, and have the episode play out in a flashback" bit.

Good grief...

mr_kennedy
October 5th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Two episodes in and the writers are using the "Start the story in the middle, to make your audience think they've missed something, and have the episode play out in a flashback" bit.

Good grief...

I actually love it when they start the story from the end, or the middle, and then use flashbacks to explain how we got to this point

I agree. It's getting annoying. So many shows are doing it these days.

But yeah so many shows are doing it nowadays you don't want it to be over done

BruTak
October 5th, 2013, 11:46 PM
I actually love it when they start the story from the end, or the middle, and then use flashbacks to explain how we got to this point
But yeah so many shows are doing it nowadays you don't want it to be over done

Speaking personally, there's this split second of blind panic when the episode starts and you either think you've accidentally come in late, or it's started early, or they're showing the wrong episode.

Starfist
October 7th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Hi all,
Just a quick note to tell you something that I've noticed.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D airs on Channel 4 here in the UK on Friday at 2000. And it is repeated on Saturdays at 1900 also on Channel 4.

But it is also being repeated on Mondays on 4/7. I am unsure about the time. I caught it whilst channel hopping.

BruTak
October 7th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Hi all,
Just a quick note to tell you something that I've noticed.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D airs on Channel 4 here in the UK on Friday at 2000. And it is repeated on Saturdays at 1900 also on Channel 4.

But it is also being repeated on Mondays on 4/7. I am unsure about the time. I caught it whilst channel hopping.

Repeats are at 1900hrs Saturday evening C4, and Sunday evening at 2000hrs on 4Seven.:)

bailey1ak
October 8th, 2013, 05:22 AM
We did get a repeat the first week, but I haven't seen any since here in the U.S. :)

BruTak
October 8th, 2013, 06:54 AM
SHIELD is on Tuesdays at 7:00pm CST. No repeats that I've noticed.I was referring to repeats ok UK television.:)

bailey1ak
October 8th, 2013, 07:04 AM
After the first week's repeat I was hoping they'd do that here too, but doesn't look like that will be the case. I know a few that are having to catch it online after the fact because of conflicts with other established shows. :o

BruTak
October 8th, 2013, 07:56 AM
I'd like to see an episode set in the 60s, not necessarily a time travel story, but Coulson and co having to go into an old case file from S.H.I.E.L.D.'s early days, and the episode shot like an episode of The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

In fact, the TV show would be the cover to distract attention away from what S.H.I.EL.D. are really doing.

Possibly guest starring Robert Vaughn as an old retired agent who may or may not be Napoleon Solo, if he feels up to it and they can afford him.

Starfist
October 8th, 2013, 10:20 AM
I apologise for getting my UK repeat days mixed up... :S

Does anyone know how long the season is going to be..?

BruTak
October 8th, 2013, 10:44 AM
I apologise for getting my UK repeat days mixed up... :S No worries, I should've been specific. :)

Does anyone know how long the season is going to be..?
A full season of 22 episodes. :)

jelgate
October 8th, 2013, 11:50 AM
No worries, I should've been specific. :)

A full season of 22 episodes. :)

Incorrect. SHIELD only has a 13 episode order at the moment. Although, a full season will most likely occur

bailey1ak
October 8th, 2013, 11:52 AM
I like Bru Tak's answer better... can we vote? ;):D

jelgate
October 8th, 2013, 11:55 AM
I like Bru Tak's answer better... can we vote? ;):D

Its not what you like but which is true;):P

mr_kennedy
October 9th, 2013, 01:43 PM
I suspect if we get a season 2 Cobie Smolders will be a series regular and they will introduce a second team, and have a coulson episode and then have a maria hill episode kinda like Fringe/lost done

I wonder if a Loki cameo would be possible?

Bagpuss
October 10th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Full 22-ep season 1 confirmed.:)

Entertainment Weekly (http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/10/agents-of-shield-full-season/?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNG6ao7IFnX5iuBBbRwnHzp-Wlwl9Q&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter) and SciFi Stream (http://www.scifistream.com/2013/10/marvels-agents-of-shield-gets-full-season-pick-up/)

mr_kennedy
October 10th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Beat me to it

Spimman
October 11th, 2013, 05:08 AM
I suspect if we get a season 2 Cobie Smolders will be a series regular and they will introduce a second team, and have a coulson episode and then have a maria hill episode kinda like Fringe/lost done

I wonder if a Loki cameo would be possible?

Very possible with HIMYM ending, but it will depend on other offers and her demands. I'd say having her as a recurring character is likely, as a series regular is a maybe.

Starfist
October 12th, 2013, 03:20 AM
I would like to see Agent Hill return to the series.

I don't know what other people think. But I my opinion Simmons is cute. But then again so is Skye... :D And I thought Skye scrubbed up well in 'The Asset'.

BruTak
October 12th, 2013, 04:44 AM
And I thought Skye scrubbed up well in 'The Asset'.
Oh yes indeed. :D

However, this begs the question, did Coulson just happen to have that slinky red number she wore tucked away in a storage compartment on the plane ;)?

Starfist
October 12th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Who knows...?

Perhaps S.H.I.E.L.D outfit their Units with something for any occasion..?

mr_kennedy
October 12th, 2013, 06:40 AM
I would like to see Agent Hill return to the series.

I don't know what other people think. But I my opinion Simmons is cute. But then again so is Skye... :D And I thought Skye scrubbed up well in 'The Asset'.

I like Cobie Smolders in HIMYM, and like her as Agent Hill aswell

I'm warming up to fits/simmons i can understand why they decided to go with the over caffinated techies approach, now that i think about it kind of reminds of Marshall from ALIAS

poundpuppy29
October 13th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Full 22-ep season 1 confirmed.:)

Entertainment Weekly (http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/10/agents-of-shield-full-season/?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNG6ao7IFnX5iuBBbRwnHzp-Wlwl9Q&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter) and SciFi Stream (http://www.scifistream.com/2013/10/marvels-agents-of-shield-gets-full-season-pick-up/)
I saw this on FB very happy about this

Gollumpus
October 13th, 2013, 11:02 PM
I'd like to see an episode set in the 60s, not necessarily a time travel story, but Coulson and co having to go into an old case file from S.H.I.E.L.D.'s early days, and the episode shot like an episode of The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

I find this idea to be very appealing. I started reading "Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D." when it first appeared back in the late 60's and was wowed by the artwork of Jim Steranko.

regards,
G.

Scary Kitty
October 27th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Just an FYI: The People's Choice Awards are currently selecting nominees for the 2014 show and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is on the shortlist in the following categories:

Favorite Actor in a New TV Series - Clark Gregg (http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/nominations/vote.jsp?pollId=130022)

Favorite Actress in a New TV Series - Ming-Na Wen (http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/nominations/vote.jsp?pollId=130023)

(As far as the rest of the MCU, Iron Man 3 is also shortlisted in several categories (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/68302-Iron-Man-3-News-Discussion-Speculation?p=14002202&viewfull=1#post14002202).)

Voting on nominees ends October 31, and remember you can vote as often as you want, and you can fill in your own nominees for each category. :)

Starfist
October 29th, 2013, 10:22 AM
We have a season break here in the UK.
Channel 4 have another programme it the same time slot this week.

bailey1ak
October 29th, 2013, 10:55 AM
We are getting a repeat here in the US tonight (the Pilot episode), but then back to a new episode next Tuesday. I wonder why?

bailey1ak
October 29th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Baseball.

Game 6 isn't until tomorrow and all of the other shows were new tonight, so I thought there might be another reason...

jelgate
October 30th, 2013, 01:05 PM
My guess is its probably related to November sweeps

garhkal
October 30th, 2013, 02:12 PM
I asked that on another site and was told it was cause of the world series as well.. BUT it didn't impact anything on other channels.. so why did ABC dick us over?

bailey1ak
October 30th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I asked that on another site and was told it was cause of the world series as well.. BUT it didn't impact anything on other channels.. so why did ABC dick us over?

Even ABC showed other new episodes of other shows last night, just not SHIELD. :(

garhkal
October 30th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Hm// Seems my other site says that may only have been speculation of why it was a redo of the pilot.

GodAtum
November 4th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Are the people who run the eye implant network different then the scientists?

Teddybrown
November 4th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Looks like we will have a Thor/Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D crossover episode on 19th Nov
http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/h-e-l-d-thor-join-forces-135109755.html

Scary Kitty
November 4th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Are the people who run the eye implant network different then the scientists?

The scientists? You mean Centipede? We have no idea yet.

In other news, it looks like we may be getting more tie-in episodes linked to MCU films than just the Thor mop-up coming on the 19th...
...word has it that the final episodes for this season may be setting up certain elements of Captain America: The Winter Solider.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/agents_of_shield/news/?a=89524

Scary Kitty
November 5th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Voting on the finalists for the 2014 People's Choice Awards has just opened (http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/votenow.jsp), and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is nominated in the following categories:

Favorite Actress in a New TV Show - Ming-Na Wen
Favorite New TV Drama

(elsewhere in the MCU, Iron Man 3 is a finalist for Favorite Movie, Favorite Movie Actor (Robert Downey Jr.), Favorite Movie Actress (Gwyneth Paltrow), Favorite Movie Duo (Robert Downey Jr. & Gwyneth Paltrow), Favorite Action Movie, and Favorite Action Movie Star (Robert Downey Jr.))

Voting for the winners ends on December 5, and as with the nomination round, you can vote as often as you wish. Winners will be announced January 8. :)

Spimman
November 7th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Romantic? Not really. Otherwise, yes they do.

garhkal
November 7th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Romantic? Not really. Otherwise, yes they do.

I think it MIGHT have been romantic..

Teddybrown
November 25th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Does The Well spoil anything from Thor 2?

Spimman
November 25th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Does The Well spoil anything from Thor 2?

Nothing in the show that wasn't in the trailer\preview. Actually much less.

Amara D'Angeli
November 27th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Oh, now I really can't handle...

May and Wade??? For me that would be like shipping Ronon and Keller. Sheldon with Penny. Coulson with Black Widow. Oh, wait. I did that. My bad. :lol:

I think May is a better fit with Coulson. I mean, if we're talking shipping here. To carry that through...

Skye with Fitz.

Simmons with Wade.

Spoilered for "Repairs"

We talked a little about the shipping stuff in another thread, but I'm with you. I absolutely can't get behind May/Ward. I kind of saw hints in previous episodes of Skye/Ward and possibly even Simmons/Ward. And HUGE flashing neon lights of Fitz/Simmons. But May/Ward? That's completely out of the blue, in my opinion. After last week's hotel room thing I had hoped we were over it. But now it's a consistent thing? No thank you.

Amara D'Angeli
November 27th, 2013, 04:38 PM
I hope someone out there is reading the opinions and will do something to correct this heinous mistake.

Fitz and Simmons act more like sister and brother, like they don't realize that the other is the opposite gender.

May and Ward seem like stress relief. At least on her part.

What I loved at the end is no one would cop to playing pranks and it turned out to be May. To go by what Coulson said, the fact that she's pranking again means that whatever happened on the mission that got her the nick The Calvary, she's healing from it.

Yep - that was a nice moment with May. :)

mr_kennedy
November 30th, 2013, 11:52 PM
I'm going to be watching the rest of the season i just think back to Buffy season 1, felt like a extremely campy show (especially dat season finale :p) but it is one of my all time favorite shows, i think shield has that same potential,

i think they need a b team tho, like maybe bring Maria Hill and give her a team of her own, do like Fringe episode a focuses on Coulson's team episode b focuses on Hill's team i think that might be kinda cool, Mike Peterson could be part of Hill's team maybe?

BruTak
December 1st, 2013, 02:56 AM
I kind of think Coulson and co are the B Team.

Starfist
December 1st, 2013, 03:30 AM
I have enjoyed the series so far.
It's taking a break here in the UK for a week I believe.

mr_kennedy
December 1st, 2013, 03:38 AM
I kind of think Coulson and co are the B Team.

Might be a nice B plot if we get a season 2 and they get a 2nd team

Spimman
December 11th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Not much of a reveal really, but based on the previews for next episode...

...it looks like the reason they kidnapped him is to find out what happened after he died so I assume we'll find out then.

I'm just glad we get the next episode in early January instead of March of April!

Amara D'Angeli
December 11th, 2013, 09:47 AM
I'm glad they're going to reveal the whole Coulson thing in the second half of the season. I don't know that I would have held out over the course of multiple seasons. I'm already tired of the tease. At this point I'm not sure anything they come up with could be worth the constant reminders. But we'll see. :D I think they almost have to go ahead and give it up in the second half, though, because the ratings aren't anywhere near guaranteeing a second season.

Spimman
December 11th, 2013, 10:40 AM
I think they almost have to go ahead and give it up in the second half, though, because the ratings aren't anywhere near guaranteeing a second season.

Might want to look into this a little bit more, the ratings are pretty good and TV by the Numbers (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/12/10/abc-why-is-back-in-the-game-de-facto-canceled/220783/) has their renewal as certain. Ratings could still drop I suppose, but they are pretty decent at this point. Not amazing, but pretty good.

ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. earned second place in the 8pm hour to CBS’ top-rated NCIS among Adults 18-49, while finishing as the #1 series in its time period with Men 18-34 for its 10th consecutive first-run airing.
-Full Article (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/12/11/marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-is-number-1-in-adults-18-34-for-its-tenth-straight-original/221921/)

Amara D'Angeli
December 11th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Might want to look into this a little bit more, the ratings are pretty good and TV by the Numbers (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/12/10/abc-why-is-back-in-the-game-de-facto-canceled/220783/) has their renewal as certain. Ratings could still drop I suppose, but they are pretty decent at this point. Not amazing, but pretty good.

-Full Article (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/12/11/marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-is-number-1-in-adults-18-34-for-its-tenth-straight-original/221921/)

You're correct, of course. I'm following three freshman dramas this season and had confused the poorer ratings of another with this series. However, it's still too early to tell if it'll get a pickup for next season. It'll be interesting to see how strong a showing it gets when it comes back in January.

BruTak
December 11th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I'd read somewhere that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. had already been picked up for a second season?

jelgate
December 11th, 2013, 11:34 AM

-Full Article (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/12/11/marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-is-number-1-in-adults-18-34-for-its-tenth-straight-original/221921/)You should have been reading it a few weeks ago when SHIELD was dropping every week. Luckily it has stabilized but that could change. I call that the Flash Forward effect where a show starts good but declines every week to end with terrible numbers

Spimman
December 11th, 2013, 11:37 AM
The ratings have been declining, so hopefully it will plateau or increase a bit.

Oddly enough this is one of the first years where most of the new shows I like seem to be doing pretty well. (Sleepy Hollow, The Originals, Agents of SHIELD, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and The Blacklist). This is making it hard to keep up with some old shows...

Amara D'Angeli
December 11th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Thank goodness for DVR or I'd be screwed! I'm following a whole mess of shows right now.

Spimman
December 11th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Amen to that :p

Amara D'Angeli
December 11th, 2013, 03:40 PM

I guess it just goes to show it matters what spin you put on the info…

ABC’s cliffhanger-filled Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. this Tuesday slipped to a new series low, drawing 6.1 million total viewers and a 2.1 demo rating, per finals — down 12 percent opposite a fresh episode of NCIS.

Full article. (http://tvline.com/2013/12/11/ratings-marvels-agents-of-shield-chicago-fire/)

mr_kennedy
December 11th, 2013, 04:43 PM
So the next two episodes are apparently called The Magical Place and Seed

Thank goodness for DVR or I'd be screwed! I'm following a whole mess of shows right now.

Me 2 i can't keep up lol

jelgate
December 11th, 2013, 04:50 PM
I guess it just goes to show it matters what spin you put on the info…

Full article. (http://tvline.com/2013/12/11/ratings-marvels-agents-of-shield-chicago-fire/)

To be fair everything was down last night. Its the Christmas effect. Ratings tend to be down in December because people are off doing holiday activities

Starfist
January 10th, 2014, 09:11 PM
It's on a hiatus here in the UK. All I know is that it will back on Channel 4 this year... :S

BruTak
January 11th, 2014, 12:21 AM
It's on a hiatus here in the UK. All I know is that it will back on Channel 4 this year... :S

Sometime in March, I'm told.

Starfist
January 11th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Sometime in March, I'm told.

Well they say good things come to those who wait... :)

garhkal
January 11th, 2014, 12:22 PM
I'm really irked. Caught almost all the first half on "watch ABC" but now for some reason you have to verify your ISP is one of the good guys to get to watch it.. WTF OVER!

Spimman
January 20th, 2014, 04:57 AM
Wow, after wrapping up the mystery surrounding Coulson (still dealing with the fallout) they have moved on now to an even bigger mystery surrounding Skye. I liked how they did that!

Amara D'Angeli
January 20th, 2014, 05:26 AM
Yep - me too. I feel like that arc gave the character a little more depth.

garhkal
January 21st, 2014, 10:52 AM
I would actually like the to focus on one of the others in the group. Give one of the 2 scientists a big more of a backstory. Or may.

Ian-S
January 22nd, 2014, 03:07 AM
How many episodes is in this season?

BruTak
January 22nd, 2014, 03:24 AM
How many episodes is in this season?

Full season of 22 episodes.

poundpuppy29
January 30th, 2014, 03:53 PM
I hope this show gets a second season but I don't know the show score card I keep up on says
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Could go either way

here is a link to the score card

http://tvline.com/2013/10/31/renewed-tv-shows-2014-renewal-scorecard-cancelled-series/

here is the key

Officially renewed
A sure thing
A safe bet
Could go either way
A long-shot
Essentially cancelled
Officially cancelled
Too early to tell

the guy who does it is a tv insider who has lots of sources

Spimman
January 31st, 2014, 06:45 AM
TV by The Numbers (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/01/28/abc-the-goldbergs-is-likely-to-be-renewed/231700/) has it as a certain renewal.

Anyone know if they're airing new episodes during the Olympics? I couldn't find anything online.

bailey1ak
January 31st, 2014, 07:31 AM
TV by The Numbers (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/01/28/abc-the-goldbergs-is-likely-to-be-renewed/231700/) has it as a certain renewal.

Anyone know if they're airing new episodes during the Olympics? I couldn't find anything online.

It looks like they have a new episode scheduled on February 4. Spoilery mention of the upcoming episode here (http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/1/15/21768/declassifying_marvels_agents_of_shield_tracks.).

Scary Kitty
January 31st, 2014, 07:35 AM

According to TVGuide.com, there's no new episode on February 11; they don't have the following week's schedule up yet, but I'm assuming it'll be a no on the 17th as well. No one in their right mind schedules new programming against the Olympics.

It looks like they have a new episode scheduled on February 4.

The Olympics don't start until February 7.

Spimman
January 31st, 2014, 10:27 AM
According to TVGuide.com, there's no new episode on February 11; they don't have the following week's schedule up yet, but I'm assuming it'll be a no on the 17th as well. No one in their right mind schedules new programming against the Olympics.

The Olympics don't start until February 7.

Thanks for the update, some shows will be competing (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/88506-What-shows-are-airing-new-episodes-during-the-Olympics) against the Olympics. I think this year those shows will do better than expected for a number of reasons, we'll see I guess!

jelgate
January 31st, 2014, 11:36 AM
I agree with Scary Kitty for the most part. I can only think of one sporting event that rates higher than the Olympics. It makes little sense to air new shows even if it is sweeps month as they would lose money big time. The exception is mid season tv as they can't take a break and end before May.

Scary Kitty
January 31st, 2014, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the update, some shows will be competing (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/88506-What-shows-are-airing-new-episodes-during-the-Olympics) against the Olympics. I think this year those shows will do better than expected for a number of reasons, we'll see I guess!

Aha, very interesting info. Not surprised at all to see that most of them are on cable, the cable channels seem to have more leeway and a higher tolerance for these sorts of things, especially if it's a show with a monster audience like The Walking Dead. Same with NCIS on CBS.

I agree with Scary Kitty for the most part. I can only think of one sporting event that rates higher than the Olympics. It makes little sense to air new shows even if it is sweeps month as they would lose money big time. The exception is mid season tv as they can't take a break and end before May.

Indeed.

garhkal
February 8th, 2014, 11:36 AM
It does suck that most of my normal evening shows are 'on hiatus' for the olympics, even when some of those channels (like CBS and the CW) are not showing any olympic events..

Starfist
February 8th, 2014, 10:11 PM
We've got to wait here in the UK for the continuation of season 1. Olympics not withstanding as they are being shown on BBC2.

BruTak
February 9th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Yeah, sometime next month.

BruTak
February 24th, 2014, 12:38 AM
Possibly starting again on the 14th of March?

The repeats on E4 reach ep. 10 "The Bridge" (which is where C4 stopped showing it, just before Christmas) on the 11th.

BruTak
March 9th, 2014, 03:39 AM
Nice. :)

Amara D'Angeli
March 9th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Awesome, FanGirl! Very sleek and cool!

garhkal
March 10th, 2014, 12:53 PM
This weeks ep we get lady Sif!! YAY!

knowles2
March 19th, 2014, 04:03 AM
I see we have another almost a month long break this is getting ridiculous.

jelgate
March 19th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Season(or series?) finale is set for May 13.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/03/19/abc-announces-finale-dates-for-the-2013-14-season/246232/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

Spimman
March 20th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Season(or series?) finale is set for May 13.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/03/19/abc-announces-finale-dates-for-the-2013-14-season/246232/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

You never know, but tv by the numbers has it as a certain renewal.

jelgate
March 20th, 2014, 11:29 AM
I am 90% sure it will be renewed. I am just concerned because of the Flash Forward Syndrome

Spimman
March 21st, 2014, 05:08 AM
...the Flash Forward Syndrome

I don't know what that is :eek:

jelgate
March 21st, 2014, 05:24 AM
Its based on the show Flash Forward where the ratings start high but drop and drop to cancelled territory.

mr_kennedy
March 21st, 2014, 05:36 AM
i think AOS is pretty safe for a season 2 atleast

jelgate
March 21st, 2014, 06:06 AM
i think AOS is pretty safe for a season 2 atleast

I did say 90%

garhkal
March 21st, 2014, 01:28 PM
Heck i could see them keeping it up to around 2016 when the current run for the avengers films are done.

mr_kennedy
March 21st, 2014, 04:54 PM
like we aren't going to get an Avengers 3? :p they will atleast try and keep it around for that