This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andromeda's Last season?

I was wondering if Andromeda's 5th and last season was pre-planned or was this a result of the cast or production deciding to end the show? I never paid enough attention to fully understand all that was going on, but I have somewhat of an idea the show had a very large story arc, that somewhat seemed to changed abruptly. I have caught the eps somewhat this season, and the show really seems to be completely different from what it started out as.

I've always though (since the beginning of this year) it would be the last season since Kevin Sorbo had a deal with ABC to star in a comedy (i think) of some sort, meaning he would be leaving Andromeda. Imo, this is can be a good way to explore new storylines without involved Dylan Hunt.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

That is very strange that Kevin Sorbo would be able to conclude a deal with ABC while he is under contract doing another show. So is the show going to be ended for sure at the end of this season? I noticed SciFi has pushed the time back another hour (it is on at 1 a.m. here), and that can not be good for ratings. Wasn't this show at one time the highest rated syndicated show?

Comment

Originally posted by AnUbIs2004
        That is very strange that Kevin Sorbo would be able to conclude a deal with ABC while he is under contract doing another show. So is the show going to be ended for sure at the end of this season? I noticed SciFi has pushed the time back another hour (it is on at 1 a.m. here), and that can not be good for ratings. Wasn't this show at one time the highest rated syndicated show?
        I'm not so up-to-date with that ABC contract/deal thing, but i think Kevin Sorbor is allowd to do that (sign a new contract) since probably this is his last season under contract.

Comment

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the show was cancelled already before the fifth season began. The only reason that they made a fifth season in the first place is because Sci-Fi randomly decided to pick it up. . . Again, I could be wrong. . . That's just my understanding.
          efficiency is nothing more than intelligent laziness

Comment

Hmm....guess I didn't see the memo on this one, but I have to admit that it is not a show I regularly watch.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I was wondering if Andromeda's 5th and last season was pre-planned or was this a result of the cast or production deciding to end the show? I never paid enough attention to fully understand all that was going on, but I have somewhat of an idea the show had a very large story arc, that somewhat seemed to changed abruptly. I have caught the eps somewhat this season, and the show really seems to be completely different from what it started out as.
              I can only hope this show is dead or dying. Man, it was bad.

Comment

Season 5 has really been the worst of them all. Throw out Kevin Sorbo and give the show a real story. You know they actually fired RHW because his stories were too complex and they thought the fans wouldn't get it. They wanted more Girl of the Week and Dylan Saving the Female This. T&A > Story anytime.

The show is named Andromeda, not Dylan Hunt. How about we get to see the ship do something except posing for Playship?

Love it when TPTB think the fans are too stupid to understand a story. Granted they have the worlds last thousands of years to go after...:O

Comment

Love it when TPTB think the fans are too stupid to understand a story.
                  Whenever the PTB start to think that, the show in question deserves to be cancelled.
                  Life is short. Eat dessert first.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                    Season 5 has really been the worst of them all. Throw out Kevin Sorbo and give the show a real story. You know they actually fired RHW because his stories were too complex and they thought the fans wouldn't get it. They wanted more Girl of the Week and Dylan Saving the Female This. T&A > Story anytime.

The show is named Andromeda, not Dylan Hunt. How about we get to see the ship do something except posing for Playship?

Love it when TPTB think the fans are too stupid to understand a story. Granted they have the worlds last thousands of years to go after...:O
                    I love your comment on 'Playship'.

Question, who did RHW play?

Comment

I am amazed at all the comments, not just here mind you, about throwing out Kevin Sorbo and continuing the show. Mind you I really have no opinion on this, but I always thought he was the centerpiece of the show. Meaning take him out and the show would be done for. Essentially wasnt the first 3-4 seasons basically about his quest to restore order to the galaxy blah blah blah. I guess this just shows how maybe they did not execute the concept of the show they way it was meant to be. Really would like to know what Gene Roddenberry would have thought of how Andromeda came out. Funny, when this show first aired, it was ALL over syndication, like Hercules before it. You could see the same ep 4-5 times in one weekend on TBS, TNT, WGN, etc. Now it has vanished to the ever so warm 1-2 am slot.

Funny thing is I really did not like this show at all for a long time. I am almost clueless to how things played out the first 4 seasons. I just started catching S5 because it was on after Stargate.

Comment

Funny thing is I really did not like this show at all for a long time. I am almost clueless to how things played out the first 4 seasons. I just started catching S5 because it was on after Stargate.
                        I've always thought Andromeda was before Stargate SG-1, unless your talking about not on Scifi.

Comment

Kevin Sorbo wrote the following poem to the cast and crew of Andromeda back on December 27, 2004, and asked that it be shared with the fans:

THE LAST SLIPSTREAM

“It's Never Easy" for goodbyes,
                          When years of "Have you seen my force lance?"
                          Brings laughs and rolls of eyes
                          So "Let's bring it" to a classy end,
                          Until "It's showtime" and we meet again.

With thanks for the 110 impossible missions.
                          It's been a blast!

Kevin Sorbo

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

I only started watching Andromeda when they were showing the marathons of the first season's episodes on SciFi. Before that I couldn't follow the story very well. But I really liked the first season that I've seen so far. I wish they wouldn't have stopped showing the older episodes in the middle of season 2.

Anyway, I've seen all of season 5 so far and it is really out there. It's like since they know it's their last season they are just doing whatever they want. There was one ep where it was played out like a stage performance with just spotlights fading on and off people in the dark. Very strange. (Tell me if you know what any of that was all about) And then they've got all this weird stuff going on with parallel universes that don't seem to make much sense at all. But I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Comment

I'm surprised they've hobbled along this far without Tyr. I suppose Dylans massive ego had kept them afloat, but viewers begin to catch on.

I can't believe they killed off Tyr. Drama and conflict is good!! We all know Tyr can kick Dylans keister anyway so why kill him off??

Childish.. Hmph!

TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                              X