The Newsroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Newsroom

I'm shocked to discover we're not talking about Aaron Sorkin's new show on HBO, The Newsroom. It's smart and compelling. I'd even go so far as to say it's the smartest, most compelling show on television.

Anybody else watching?
    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

I Checked out the pilot, i kinda liked it, will watch more later
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

It just gets better and better. Last night's ep was classic Sorkin TV.

Comment

I saw maybe the last five minutes of it last night. Looked interesting.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
        sigpic
        now also appearing on DeviantArt
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

The last 5 minutes of last night was a culmination of a fantastic ep. I have a hard time not getting fired up about things when Aaron Sorkin's doing the writing.

Comment

I finally got to watch last night's episode. I can't believe this show keeps getting better, but it does. I'm not an overly emotional person, but there's just something about the way Aaron Sorkin writes that can foster in me the most intense emotions. This episode moved me to tears.

It's amazing to watch a show about events that happened more than a year ago. Having that kind of perspective definitely colors what is happening on the screen.

Comment

I enjoy it. It's nice.
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I've started watching this show recently and I just finished episode 4. I thought this episode was great especially the parts with Will's dates. Those moments were hilarious but also revealing of some unfortunate truths that exist. I like the show for the fact that it focuses on these aspects of society.

The show really reminds of Sorkin's last TV venture, Studio 60 on the Sunset. I'm glad he's working with HBO now as his type of shows stand a better chance of thriving as opposed to regular cable.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, he's definitely suited more towards pay cable (although West Wing will always remain one of my favorites - especially the first four seasons when he was writing). And you're right - it does feel like Studio 60. It feels even more like Sports Night (a wholly under-rated show, I think).

Comment

Working...
                  X