Political Animals - USA Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Political Animals - USA Network

New show starring Sigourney Weaver. Pilot episode was on tonight. So far, I'm liking it. There has been a dearth of good political drama since the end of West Wing. Premise: Former First Lady is now Secretary of State (hmm, sound familiar Hilary?) who ran a losing race for President. She has divorced her womanizing ex-President husband. Has two sons - one who works in her office and is engaged to a bulimic and the other an addictive homosexual. Unlike most of the politicians around her, she has a heart and actually cares about what happens to people.

So, thoughts?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    New show starring Sigourney Weaver. Pilot episode was on tonight. So far, I'm liking it. There has been a dearth of good political drama since the end of West Wing. Premise: Former First Lady is now Secretary of State (hmm, sound familiar Hilary?) who ran a losing race for President. She has divorced her womanizing ex-President husband. Has two sons - one who works in her office and is engaged to a bulimic and the other an addictive homosexual. Unlike most of the politicians around her, she has a heart and actually cares about what happens to people. So, thoughts?
    Sounds like fantasy
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Indeed, sounds like fantasy.

I for one am severely disinterested in political...anything. At least right now. And it seems like every election year something comes out that just looks...Boring. Remember Swing Vote?
      sigpic

Comment

Well all television programming is fantasy if you get right down to it. Some is just more fantastical than others. Personally, I find "reality" programming to be the biggest fantasy of all.

The sense that she cares about what happens to people - in the pilot episode, three American journalists have been arrested in the Middle East and are facing execution. She cares that they are innocent. The President, Chief of Staff, and everybody else is just interested in making political hay from the situation and using her as Secretary of State to keep the press quiet.
        sigpic

Comment

So much sex. I almost feel like I'm watching HBO.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Working...
          X