• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roland Emmerich planning 'Independence Day', 'Stargate' sequels

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/new...e-sequels.html

Roland Emmerich planning 'Independence Day', 'Stargate' sequels
    Published Tuesday, Jul 10 2012

The director's creative partner Dean Devlin has spoken about the pair's plans to follow-up both of the 1990s sci-fi blockbusters.

"I can tell you that Roland and I have been working together for the first time in 11 years and we're every excited about the idea of doing it," Devlin told The Hollywood Reporter regarding an Independence Day sequel.

"Whether or not we can make this happen, if we can get all the pieces to come together, that's gonna be challenging. But creatively, for the very first time since we did the original, I feel we have a worthy concept, a worthy path to go."

Devlin added that they did not want to make a movie that was just "financially a good idea", but also one that would "honor" the original.

"Stargate has always had this empty hole," he said of the 1994 movie.

"When we made the first one, we always intended on doing part two and three, and we were prevented for years. And our hope is that we can get another chance at Stargate and tell the entire story we wanted to tell."

Devlin remained tight-lipped regarding storylines for the potential sequels.

Emmerich will begin shooting White House Down next month.

Already a thread here,thanks! :

Stargate 1994 sequel still on the cards
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
    X