Did Bra'tac survive by default?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Bra'tac survive by default?

Am I the only one who as the seasons went on every time Bra'tac was there was a feeling of "this is it, this is the one, he's going down."? Don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorite characters and I'm glad he saw it through, but I feel like if there was a season 11 he was have surely died
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

In "The Changeling", I thought it possible that Bra'tac could die, but other than that, not really.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Every episode i saw him in after season 6 i thought this could be it. None of the guest actors were safe in SG1, quite a few were killed off over the years. But Bra'tac lives on. I liked his character as well, enjoyable banter with O'Neill.

Comment

i felt that way too. i mean bra'tec was (is?) one of my fav characters, but i kept thinking he was going to get killed at some point and i was very surprised that he survived the show. but i guess had he been killed earlier in the show, teal'c would than leave sg-1 to lead the rebellion. so they had to keep him alive to keep teal'c a main character.
        sigpic

Comment

I think that if Bra'tac were to be killed off, it would have been a Teal'c-centered episode. Really, Bra'tac has been the #2 Jaffa on the show after Teal'c. If they're going to kill him off, it would be as game changing as killing off Dr. Fraiser, no?

Comment

Yeah I would think that Teal'c would go seeking revenge and be killed himself if Bra'tac would have died because Teal'c saw Bra'tac as a father and I think that if they were to kill off Bra'tac I would feel that Teal'c would have to die aswell
            sigpic

You got nothing on my smileys

Comment

It is rather refreshing not to have a character killed off. It seems so often that characters get killed off just to get them out of the way. It is refreshing to think of Bra'tac spending his days at the Jaffa equivalent of Palm Springs yelling at kids to stay off his lawn.

Comment

Who have they killed off besides guest stars? Of all the central characters, the only ones whom come to mind are Doctor Frasier and Jacob Carter / Selmak. Granted, they weren't regulars, but they appeared far more frequently than most of the recurring protagonists.

Comment

I think that QuantumIguana was referring in those first two sentences to characters on TV in general, not just to Stargate.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                  Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                  sigpic
                  now also appearing on DeviantArt
                  Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

No idea what you're talking about. Most shows I watch, characters only get killed off when the actors back out. The only exceptions I can think of are Jericho and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                      Am I the only one who as the seasons went on every time Bra'tac was there was a feeling of "this is it, this is the one, he's going down."? Don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorite characters and I'm glad he saw it through, but I feel like if there was a season 11 he was have surely died
                      I once read a spoiler of Revolution that
                      Spoiler:
                      Bra'tac dies in the movie. I cried more than any of the good news also revealed in that spoiler.

No idea if the information was any good or not.
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                        No idea what you're talking about. Most shows I watch, characters only get killed off when the actors back out. The only exceptions I can think of are Jericho and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
                        and lost (actually they killed off more characters than they didn't by the end of the show, not counting the afterlife thing).
                        sigpic

Comment

I never got past the first episode. The plane crash was so utterly unrealistic, I never tuned back in. When a plane is torn apart like that, survivors are minimal, most die on the scene, and those who do survive are seriously injured. Show me a real life plane crash that was as devastated as in the show with as many injury-free survivors as in the show, and I'll concede.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                            I never got past the first episode. The plane crash was so utterly unrealistic, I never tuned back in. When a plane is torn apart like that, survivors are minimal, most die on the scene, and those who do survive are seriously injured. Show me a real life plane crash that was as devastated as in the show with as many injury-free survivors as in the show, and I'll concede.
                            well, that gets explained in the show, in season 6. but i personally was hooked by the pilot
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X