• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Molon Labe (207)

Visit the Episode GuideFALLING SKIES SEASON TWO
    MOLON LABE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 207
    Ben discovers Karen's hidden agenda and the 2nd Mass acquires a highly valuable prisoner, leading to a tense stand-off with the aliens. Inside the hospital, a terrifying new form of invasion is discovered, and Ben reconsiders his future with the 2nd Mass.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 May 2013, 08:56 PM.

Wow...tonight's episode was action packed from the very beginning.

Love the scene between Ben and Tom at the end.

Interesting that the OL's seem to have the science that they feel they can predict probabilities on events that will happen. Bit arrogant, but I suppose any race that feels they are right will be arrogant to those that they preceive as lesser.

I am beginning to wonder if they are messing with different worlds, in order to save their own world somewhere down the future, why else would they be so bent on changing things. The OL said they didn't want to kill everyone. They just needed to finish what they came to do and then they'd move on. Just enough of a tease to keep fans wondering.

And wow Karen...she really takes the good gone bad to a whole new level.

Sad about Jamil ...his death was one of the grossest I've seen on TV and yet was just perfect for the episode.

Matt's gotta be my favorite in this episode. I would expect a kid his age to want to help, when his dad and other brothers are very active in everything. They don't overdo the kid thing and it's nice they are not kicking him to the sidelines in the show.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

jamil's death reminded me of the movie alien. and those crawlies (the spider looking things) reminded me of the replicator bugs from Stargate SG-1

Comment

Darn!
        Spoiler:
        I hated to see them kill off Jamil. I really liked him.

sigpic
        s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

First great episode...glued to the tube, second Lady Midnight admits to being totally off target on the mating thing. They really don't need us to help them breed..

@ Lt. Col. J. Sheppard...yes, reminded of Alien too. But scarier since there are so many of them at one time and they move too fast. Sort of like running into a bee hive.. But I also flashed on Crichton's "Runaway" (1984) with Tom Selleck. Of course they were robots...but they were spider looking, moved too fast and were just as deadly. Robots and spiders....I'm gone!!!

To Rosehawk...I'm glad you mentioned the OL's remark about killing us, because I began to wonder if my memory was failing me. Wasn't there something said in the beginning of the series as to how many of us had already been exterminated? I got the feeling that their work wouldn't be done until our planet was depleted of all that could protest, with a high number in the collateral damage department, leaving only those who could be controlled. Did I not reason that out right?

Then there was Karen's comment on how all things are connected. At that I saw red flags popping up before my eyes. With what the OL then said, what was maybe opaque began to clear. During the Viet Nam war there was mention of a bomb that would kill but not destroy structures/surroundings. Many of us joked about that in a nasty sarcastic way, that the aliens had given it to our PTB because they didn't care if we killed each other as long as we did not destroy the planet. If we blew up the earth everything in our system would change as the gravitational force would be different. If all things are connected then if our system changes so does everything else. Since Spielberg and I are about the same age I now wonder if our thoughts on the subject were not so isolated....
          sigpic

Comment

Can somebody who watched this last night tell me if you noticed anything about the overlord.

Spoiler:
            My husband swears he has a harness on his back. I don't think so. He says he saw it in the scene where Tom is holding the gun on the fish head and telling they don't need help with their problems.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
              Can somebody who watched this last night tell me if you noticed anything about the overlord.

Spoiler:
              My husband swears he has a harness on his back. I don't think so. He says he saw it in the scene where Tom is holding the gun on the fish head and telling they don't need help with their problems.
              Oooo no, I didn't catch that!!! But that would be a big wow. I think I heard that there is going to be a marathon showing in about a week. Don't know if they mean just season one or both. Thanks for the heads up....I will be paying attention!
              sigpic

Comment

Great Episode. Really enjoyed it. I was sad to see Jamil die, I liked him.
                The replicator looking things creeped me out, I already hate spiders and now I think I hate them worse.
                I loved how brave Matt was, and I was happy to see Pope back in action.
                Loved evil Karen, she was awesome! But my favorite part of the episode was when Tom shot the OL, I watched it with a few friends and we were all screaming for Tom to shoot it.

Spoiler:
                No I didn't see that.

Can't wait for the next one!
                sigpic
                God Bless America

Comment

LOVED IT!

More please!

Were the spiders robots? Then why were they impregnated inside a human body? I don't think they were robots.

I got a distinct Alien vibe and then with Pope and Tom shooting in the hallways I got a Stargate vibe.

If all things are connected and they just need to do some work on our planet and be gone. Why not introduce themselves to us? Is what they are doing going to harm us? WOuld we have seen it that way?

I'm thinking while they do not want to kill us, whatever they are doing will lead to our planet's destruction because everything is connected and our planet has to be gone (as well as the other worlds) for something the Overlords desired to occur.

Comment

@Mrja84....Were the spiders robots? Then why were they impregnated inside a human body? I don't think they were robots. No, I don't believe so. I was using "Runaway as a ref. In that movie they were spider like robots.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Midnight View Post
                      @Mrja84....Were the spiders robots? Then why were they impregnated inside a human body? I don't think they were robots. No, I don't believe so. I was using "Runaway as a ref. In that movie they were spider like robots.
                      Ah okay.

Creepy as heck. I do not like insects. I get creep-ed out by it. Yet I am a Spider-Man fan...fancy that.

That was so disturbing seeing those things.
                      Spoiler:
                      I didn't even see what happened with Jamil, nect thing I see is him on the floor and them rushing to him.

Comment

Insects and spiders are creepy. For the most part I suspect their purpose is to be part of the food chain. There is a very interesting line in Hitchcock's "The Birds", delivered by the lady Avian expert in the Tides bar scene. She said humans would not be able to inhabit the planet if we did not have birds, as the insect population would make it impossible. I doubt the aliens are killing anything other than Homosapians, with that thought in mind what we need are large birds to feed upon the smaller Skitters, or what ever they are. That would at least combat one problem.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post

Spoiler:
                          I know what you are talking about, though I was noticing more of the front of the alien, then the back...my first thought was maybe he was wearing their version of a suit or alien dress atire. It's hard to tell because everything about the alien is so dark.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Midnight View Post
                            To Rosehawk...I'm glad you mentioned the OL's remark about killing us, because I began to wonder if my memory was failing me. Wasn't there something said in the beginning of the series as to how many of us had already been exterminated? I got the feeling that their work wouldn't be done until our planet was depleted of all that could protest, with a high number in the collateral damage department, leaving only those who could be controlled. Did I not reason that out right?
                            Survivors were talking about how many were exterminated, I can't recall if we heard an alien or skitter say that, I don't think they did. I'm am guessing there are not that many OL on earth and they probably had to do some population extermination in order to be able to control who was left so they could do what they wanted to without to much trouble - though they didn't take into account that we would fight back as hard as we have.

So I would say your reasoning sounds okay so now we just have to keep watching to see what happens!

Originally posted by Lady Midnight
                            Then there was Karen's comment on how all things are connected. At that I saw red flags popping up before my eyes. With what the OL then said, what was maybe opaque began to clear. During the Viet Nam war there was mention of a bomb that would kill but not destroy structures/surroundings. Many of us joked about that in a nasty sarcastic way, that the aliens had given it to our PTB because they didn't care if we killed each other as long as we did not destroy the planet. If we blew up the earth everything in our system would change as the gravitational force would be different. If all things are connected then if our system changes so does everything else. Since Spielberg and I are about the same age I now wonder if our thoughts on the subject were not so isolated....
                            There are a lot of religions on Earth that believe everything is connected - it's just that it appears the Aliens have the science to go with what today is a religious belief on Earth.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                              LOVED IT!

More please!

Were the spiders robots? Then why were they impregnated inside a human body? I don't think they were robots.

I got a distinct Alien vibe and then with Pope and Tom shooting in the hallways I got a Stargate vibe.

If all things are connected and they just need to do some work on our planet and be gone. Why not introduce themselves to us? Is what they are doing going to harm us? WOuld we have seen it that way?
                              I think their technology predicted that us humans would somehow impact them and not for the better so they decided to come after us before we came after them, . Of cause completely eliminating us may allow for another event to happen which is also bad for the overlords, so they are thinning the numbers an attempting to control us an control their own destiny. unbeknown to them perhaps their attack will be what us out into the stars and cause us to effect them directly. May be a whole chain of events have taken hold and the OL are simply looking for a way out of the mess they created.

Comment

Working...
                              X