• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homecoming (206)

Visit the Episode GuideFALLING SKIES SEASON TWO
    HOMECOMING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 206
    Hal and Maggie stumble upon a grave of unharnessed kids, including a barely-alive Karen. When an infection puts Captain Weaver out of commission, Tom must get the 2nd Mass up and moving toward Charleston again.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 May 2013, 08:57 PM.

Just in case it is needed spoilers ahead......

Wow! Unexpected twists and turns. Am I correct in thinking that we got a confirmation of the skitter rebellion?

I thought something was strange with Karen. Poor Ben, he really got manipulated. It looks like Hal was able to overcome her manipulations before Ben almost killed him. I assume the reason she was there was to get Ben to use him to squash the skitter rebellion? Any thoughts?

My only complaint with this episode was the scene with Weaver when the generator went down. The music playing in the background came off as weird and did not fit with what was going on. I could have seen the music as part of a more action oriented scene but not the medical one.

Aside from that, I am really impressed with how this season is coming along. Season 1 was pretty slow, although I get that they had to kind of build things up and introduce the characters, but now things seem to be heating up, and next week looks to be pretty good.
    Last edited by gatechick; 16 July 2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post

Aside from that, I am really impressed with how this season is coming along. Season 1 was pretty slow, although I get that they had to kind of build things up and introduce the characters, but now things seem to be heating up, and next week looks to be pretty good.
      Next week looks AWESOME!
      sigpic

Comment

Wow! Unexpected twists and turns. Am I correct in thinking that we got a confirmation of the skitter rebellion?
        Based on what Pope said..it sure sounds that way!

Originally posted by gatechick
        I thought something was strange with Karen. Poor Ben, he really got manipulated. It looks like Hal was able to overcome her manipulations before Ben almost killed him. I assume the reason she was there was to get Ben to use him to squash the skitter rebellion? Any thoughts?
        I think that Hal was still being manipulated, Karen had Hal believing that Ben was the one who was being manipulated and dangerous..it was brother versus brother there at the end. Under normal circumstances Karen would be the one under suspicion since they just found her and don't know much about what has happened to her.

I agree, I think Karen is still under the control of the overlord and because of her connection with the Second Mass, she was unharnist to connect with Ben and separate him from everyone to get him to take her to Red-eye. It will be interesting as Red-eye has been with the overlords for awhile and may see this trap coming.

My only complaint with this episode was the scene with Weaver when the generator went down. The music playing in the background came off as weird and did not fit with what was going on. I could have seen the music as part of a more action oriented scene but not the medical one.
        I didn't notice the music too much - got a phone call when that part was happening, I am going to have to watch again.

This season has been great. Seems that the stakes are even higher for everyone so there is much more tension and drama!
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

So the Skitter rebellion is real, interesting.
          I figured Karen would be a plant, considering the fact that she was the only one left alive in that group of dead kids.
          I kept getting Stargate moments throughout the episode. (evil Karen being one of them. she reminded me of replicator Carter.)
          next week's episode looks good, i was reminded of Replicators when those little bugs started coming through the airvent in the preview. can't wait to see it.
          sigpic
          God Bless America

Comment

I agree with everyone above I figured Karen wasn't for real and Ben had it right at first.
            Poor Ben-I'm eagerly looking forward to next week.

Comment

What the hell was Ben thinking? Gosh, I was hoping he was just acting. I mean he had to realize she was pushing and podding him.

I don't think it is confirmation. I still hold onto the belief that it's all a show from the aliens trying to get us to buy into the rebellion.

I like my tv shows where nothing is cut and dry. Where we could believe one thing to be true only for it to be a lie.

I basically like it when you can't take any character's word for it. It's based on intel from others that could be compromised or just false data that was planted.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                Based on what Pope said..it sure sounds that way!

I think that Hal was still being manipulated, Karen had Hal believing that Ben was the one who was being manipulated and dangerous..it was brother versus brother there at the end. Under normal circumstances Karen would be the one under suspicion since they just found her and don't know much about what has happened to her.
                You know I didn't think about that. You are probably right o that note. Why would Hal go after Ben first if he wasn't still being manipulated? Now what about Tom? He didn't seem to fall for it, but then perhaps he was not with her long enough? Although on the ship he did not seem to fall prey to things. Wonder if RE had anything to do with that somehow.

Comment

Wow just wow! This episode indeed was one surprise after another and for the looks of it the next one is a doozie we don't even know who will still be alive when the dust settles on that one but anyway...
                  Spoiler:
                  The shocking discovery of Karen found unharnessed along a bunch of unharnessed dead children raises a lot of red flags to be sure, I hope a skitter rebellion is true but that it could all be a ploy by the aliens is also a possibility
                  Also i was stunned that Harnessed individuas had Spiderman like superstrength I mean i knew the harnesses enhanced strength and stamina but not to that extent. For the looks of it Karen can easily bench press a Volvo alongside Spidey.
                  The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Yet another great episode in an amazing season. My wife and I both really enjoyed this one. We knew Karen was trouble from the start. I just can't believe she was able to manipulate Ben so well. He went from not trusting her at all to running away with her all in one episode. That girl has skills.

I really can't wait to see what happens next. I just hope Ben gets out of all of this okay. And, if the rebellion is real, that he isn't responsible for it being brought down.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I do agree with some reviews, that we been getting a lot of "Save Tom's kid" plots. I would like to branch out and have the other stories of the 2nd Mass stand out instead of this Mason family almost destroys 2nd Mass plotlines.

Comment

You know I didn't think about that. You are probably right o that note. Why would Hal go after Ben first if he wasn't still being manipulated? Now what about Tom? He didn't seem to fall for it, but then perhaps he was not with her long enough? Although on the ship he did not seem to fall prey to things. Wonder if RE had anything to do with that somehow.
                        Tom is alot older than Hal and Ben and would probably not be as affected by Karen's behavior in the same way as Hal and Ben. Tom didn't have the same kind of strong connection with Karen that Hal did.

Both Hal and Ben have very very emotional connections to Karen - Hal in that he and Karen were going out, he was attracted to her and probably also feeling a bit guilty at not being able to help here when the skitters took her away. Ben has found a connection with Karen with them both being deharnessed. Karen knew just what to say to both guys. Ben is very vulnerable emotionally with all that he is dealing with and feeling like he doesn't fit in and Karen played on that and got both brothers to go after each other and take their focus off of being careful of her.

I think that Karen has gone bad and is a trap to get Ben to take her to the red-eye skitter and the other skitter rebels that may be out there. Only I think that the red-eye skitter may see this coming - at least it should see it coming with all the time it has spent with the other aliens.

What I am wondering is if Karen is bad....why is she more controlled by the aliens without the harness than Ben? If given time...will Karen gain more control of herself back or is she lost forever. Will Ben eventually change over? Does red-eye control Ben and not exerting that control in order to use his emotions and energy to help the skitter rebellion?

What's happening with Ben and then knowing that Tom will eventually have to deal with the situation and the conflict for both of them as father and son I find a very interesting part of the show.
                        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I loved the part in this episode when Tom impersonates Weaver. that made me laugh so hard!
                          sigpic
                          God Bless America

Comment

Would the length of time she had been harnessed have anything to do with it? Or maybe the aliens did something different with her to use her for this purpose.

I have a feeling we may see Tom facing a difficult decision.
                            Last edited by Rosehawk; 18 July 2012, 06:42 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

wow, great episode
                              evil Karen was great, like Gate Ranger said she really reminded me of Replicator Carter too. i was cheering for Maggie to shoot her but oh well.
                              Pope is back!! finally can't wait for the next one.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X