PDA

View Full Version : Just Another Day (513)

GateWorld
June 20th, 2012, 12:39 AM
<DIV ALIGN="center"><TABLE WIDTH="450" BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="7"><TR><TD STYLE="border: none;"><DIV ALIGN="left"><FONT FACE="Verdana, Arial, san-serif" SIZE="2" COLOR="#000000"><A HREF="http://www.scifistream.com/eureka/s5/just-another-day/"><!IMG SRC="http://www.scifistream.com/wp-content/uploads/just-another-day-160x120.jpg" WIDTH="160" HEIGHT="120" ALIGN="right" HSPACE="10" VSPACE="2" BORDER="0" STYLE="border: 1px black solid;" ALT="Visit the Episode Guide"></A><FONT SIZE="1" COLOR="#888888">EUREKA SEASON FIVE</FONT>
<FONT SIZE="4"><A HREF="http://www.scifistream.com/eureka/s5/just-another-day/" STYLE="text-decoration: none">JUST ANOTHER DAY</A></FONT>
<FONT SIZE="1">EPISODE NUMBER - 513</FONT>
<DIV STYLE="margin-top:10px; padding:0;"></DIV>
<FONT SIZE="1"><B><A HREF="http://www.scifistream.com/eureka/s5/just-another-day/">VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >></A></B></FONT></FONT></DIV></TD></TR></TABLE></DIV>

Skydiver
July 16th, 2012, 06:20 PM
a fun finale, lots of happy endings and couples pairing up. I know I didn't get all the cameos, but grant imahara of Mythbusters was one of them

and yes, we did kinda get 'bobby in the shower'. makes me wish I had the premiere around to see if they met a car on their way in

MIZA
July 16th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Great episode , I really liked the ending very cute , through future to the past , nice

hedwig
July 16th, 2012, 08:31 PM
a fun finale, lots of happy endings and couples pairing up. I know I didn't get all the cameos, but grant imahara of Mythbusters was one of them

and yes, we did kinda get 'bobby in the shower'. makes me wish I had the premiere around to see if they met a car on their way in

Yes. They did. When I saw that, I thought they came around full circle. :)

Gen. Chris
July 16th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I'm going to be honest...The second I saw the rain in the last minute, I had a feeling...But they were in the wrong car. In the pilot, Zoe saw herself and Jack in the other car, but it was the same type of car they were driving. But I'm willing to forgive that "error" for the nature of Eureka. It could have been the cause of the change in timeline :P

I also had a feeling Alison was going to announce a pregnancy...

The cameo of Grant from Mythbusters was awesome, and when Jack yelled "Fargo! We need to put your thingy in the hole before it explodes!" I was pretty much rolling on the ground.

...Is it too early for a rewatch? :P

edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG6cL1JqEdw&feature=youtu.be

GATEGOD
July 16th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Every time a great scifi show ends I want a spinoff!

This was a great scifi show.

camelot7414
July 17th, 2012, 04:03 AM
A lot of the clips when Carter was going through the wormhole at the end, including Alison being pregnant are from the last episode of season 1, where Henry went back in time and saved Kim, creating yet another timeline.

meo3000
July 17th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Fingers crossed for more cameos on Warehouse 13.

Perelandra
July 17th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Loved the proposal scene-

Everlovin
July 17th, 2012, 08:22 AM
It was a perfect ending. If endings can bbe perfect that is.

Loved seeing Grant Imahara! How cool is that! Loved how everyone from through the years had a bit in it.

I'm all melancholy now.

Every time a great scifi show ends I want a spinoff!

This was a great scifi show.

How would you spin off the show? I'm curious.

blueiris
July 17th, 2012, 09:17 AM
That was a perfect ending. If only all shows got to go out with an episode that leaves you, if not happy that the series is ended, at least happy at the way it ended.

I'll miss you, Eureka.

Gen. Chris
July 17th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Oh god...I just realized the jab they made at SyFy about how Eureka was given "6 more weeks" to finish up everything and then the DoD taking it all away.

I don't see why I didn't catch that before >.<

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
July 17th, 2012, 02:15 PM
im confused a little by the ending about how zoe saw themselves coming into eureka and jack "deal with that tommrow."

Everlovin
July 17th, 2012, 03:42 PM
im confused a little by the ending about how zoe saw themselves coming into eureka and jack "deal with that tommrow."

In the first episode, Jack and Zoe were driving into town in the rain and passed a car with "them" in it. Much like how it played in the season closer. There was a quantum something or other going on in that episode. He's just saying that he'll deal with it tomorrow.

tomstone
July 17th, 2012, 06:40 PM
I knew the Writers are going to end Eureka properly. I am so happy!!!!

There was so much goodness and I don't know where to begin. I definitely lolīd at Holly saying she remembers Fargo Wormholing her and liking it. :D

Andy playing with the Wormhole was also very fun. He just had to throw something threw instead of simply trying to go through again. He had his creepy smile on overdrive in this Episode.

Zoey and Grant appearing again. Who would have guessed that a Timeless nobody could become a Billionaire capable of Buying Eureka. I am thankful for the rescue, but I still would have loved the Citizens to fight back a bit at least. Fargos taking a "stand" definatly is not what I had in mind. How about letting Martha handle this for example or Tiny would have been very useful too. Just beam them around Town and the Soldiers wouldnt have known what hit them.

Still it was awesome from beginning to End and I am thankful to the whole Team who managed to finish up this awesome Series.

Demoniser
July 18th, 2012, 02:30 AM
I was expecting the series to end with everyone celebrating and then having something weird happen. Carter says 'Oh C***' and it fades to black.

But we didn't get that. I do like how the series came full circle though. It was nice to see all of the litte cameos. If Sy Fy leave this franchise to rot after having it air for 5 seasons, they're morons. Would anyone else buy canon comics or short stories set after season 5? I would :).

One thing that does still annoy me about Eureka is the Artefact. It was made out to be such a big deal in the first and second seasons and then it just went away, we never really learnt much more about it, where it came from or anything like that. It feels like such a missed opportunity. It was one of the coolest mysteries on the show i thought. A shame really.

Oh well, it had a good run.

Shylodog
July 18th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Was it me or did Zoey and Grant seem to have voice/voice-over issues?

Gen. Chris
July 19th, 2012, 01:09 AM

I think I saw a *slight* issue...But that might have just been the broadcast.

Madness reigns
July 21st, 2012, 09:05 AM
Loved the ending... is that the right way to describe it??

Made these after watching it, just thought I'd share :D

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/Artwork/MRFav-1a.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/Artwork/MRFav-1.jpg

gatechick
July 21st, 2012, 04:13 PM

I noticed that as well. Zoe seemed to have a deeper voice, and Grant sounded like a forced American accent? Did he have the English accent in season 4 or an American accent? I cannot remember.

Shylodog
July 21st, 2012, 09:19 PM
Seemed to me like Zoey had only a couple short, SHORT one-liners, and Grant's voice was way deeper than it was in season 4.

Perelandra
July 22nd, 2012, 08:21 AM
Did he have the English accent in season 4 or an American accent? I cannot remember.

You know I wondered that exact same thing myself on a re-watch of Just another day. I never noticed Zoe's voice but I did his. I thought "That's not how he sounded in Season 4, is it?" But short of re-watching those episodes, I can't remember.

Ian-S
July 24th, 2012, 08:28 PM
He had an American accent (very poor one too), but yes it was much deeper in the finale.

I'm still bitter this show has ended, but it was wrapped up nicely.

Gen. Chris
July 24th, 2012, 11:40 PM
I'm watching this again on my brand new DVD set :D

It's funny seeing all the jabs at Syfy that I missed the first time.

Everlovin
July 25th, 2012, 05:25 AM
The jabs at SyFy were wonderful!

tomstone
July 25th, 2012, 07:31 AM
The jabs at SyFy were wonderful!

Can someone name them for me? Because I only recognized the shortened time period, but thats about the only connection I made.

Gen. Chris
July 25th, 2012, 01:48 PM
The bit about how the president said it was a "budget issue" for the closing of Eureka, about how Eureka may not be the best for economic returns but what they do is revolutionary. There are a few more and probably some I haven't caught.

Skydiver
July 25th, 2012, 05:48 PM
basically, the 'evil govt official' was skiffy

escyos
July 31st, 2012, 07:36 AM
Just watched the finale (after blowing through all 5 seasons in less than a week) and now im sad. It was a great episode.

Good news is we have Warehouse 13 to watch, which is nice because it takes place in the same universe, so we get to still see whats going on.

I do intend on watching Alphas at some point too. (which is also in the same universe)

Gen. Chris
July 15th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Good news is we have Warehouse 13 to watch, which is nice because it takes place in the same universe, so we get to still see whats going on.

I do intend on watching Alphas at some point too. (which is also in the same universe)

Lol, and now Alphas has ended, and Warehouse 13 is ending within a year.

Goodbye, Eureka universe. :(

That being said, it's hard to imagine that it has been a year since this ended.

mr_kennedy
September 13th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Loved the bit at the end

Everlovin
September 13th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Which bit was that? There is so much to love about the ep.

The Crocker Curse
November 22nd, 2017, 09:17 AM
I am a few years late on this show, but what an absolutely great series. This final episode was better than expected (after I had read that they were basically told to wrap it up at the last minute). Am sad to have no more episodes to look forward to. It was cool to see a lot of the old faces come back for the last episode - would have been nice if they brought Tess back for it also though.

Guess I will start watching Warehouse 13 to see a few of these characters one last time.