• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Take (512)

EUREKA SEASON FIVE
    DOUBLE TAKE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 512

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

OMG...this ep was sooooo good!! It was like a cross between This Mortal Coil (SGA) and Doppleganger (SGA)

Plus...I get the feeling that this was sort of an "up-yours" to...um...NBC. I noticed several references to NBC.

sigpic
    Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

With a little stargate foothold tossed in for good measure.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It was good, but I am a little confused if everybody is body double , than what exactly is Andy ? Since he is a machine ?!
        sigpic
        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

A machine double

From how quickly the ending was rushed, I suspect that it was altered slightly in the wake of the cancellation and ordering of a last episode. That would have been a sucky way to end a season (marching soldiers), much less a series. So I think it was altered slightly to set up the finale.

Anyway, it was definitely a good episode. Colin plays creepy a little too well in the contrast of Carter.

Oh, and now Eureka can claim its own RepliCarter
          sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing that Andy was taken and overridden with a program that relies on Z-particles. When the Z bomb went off, Andy reverted back to Andy after a reboot. Either that or he was just damaged and restored from backup.

That does raise the question of why Andy wasn't prominent near the end, and my bet is that since he's metal, he would have made a quick fight with Carter, or used his sensors to make pursuit a little too easy.

Comment

yeah, andy's programming was just rewritten.

and I do think it was leading up to a finale where they all got free, then had that quick wrap up

the finale almost seems like a commentary on real life
              Spoiler:
              'bad' government sweeps in and shuts down the city and good group of people....skiffy cancels the show, sweeps in and fires a good group of people'
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                Anyway, it was definitely a good episode. Colin plays creepy a little too well in the contrast of Carter.

RepliCarter - hahahaha

I really liked this episode as a nicew way to send off the show with a pretty good Season 5, now I hope the +1 episode will give a few of the characters we know and love the happily ever afters we all wish for them!
                sigpic

Comment

I hope Holly remembers Doug again. Looks like she lost her memories with Doug.

So sad.
                  sigpic
                  Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    yeah, andy's programming was just rewritten.

and I do think it was leading up to a finale where they all got free, then had that quick wrap up

the finale almost seems like a commentary on real life
                    Spoiler:
                    'bad' government sweeps in and shuts down the city and good group of people....skiffy cancels the show, sweeps in and fires a good group of people'
                    I loved it. This Episode had no real Jokes either, but the ending was very fitting. All I could think off when watching that was that those poor guys will so regret this. They have no idea who they are messing with.

I hope everyone will come back for the finish. Its been ages since we have seen Zoey and I wouldnt mind still being able to see Claudias reaction to Fargos more than new Girlfriend with alzheimer.

@camelot7414 I would Green you again if I could for being that spot on. Somehow it still is no spoiler to me if someone honestly guessed.
                    I really did not expect the NPC´s to be behind this, since there was no sign of them when Holly was trapped.

Spoiler:
                    I guess Holly is going to remember Fargo. I am still not sure if she has a Brain or just a Harddrive, but in any case the Data not destroyed that easy. Inaccessable maybe, but not destroyed.

Guessing by the Sneak Peek they apparently are trying to do right by the finale. Lets hope this was not the only funny scene.

I have to say that I cant wait to see Eureka fight back. This has potential to be epic.

I just noticed in a rewatch, why did real Vincent apologize for Replivincents locking everyone in the freezer? Was it the real Vince after all and he was not replaced?
                    Last edited by tomstone; 11 July 2012, 01:40 AM.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                      I just noticed in a rewatch, why did real Vincent apologize for Replivincents locking everyone in the freezer? Was it the real Vince after all and he was not replaced?
                      Even though it wasn't him, he probably still felt bad.

Anyways, so I found out that the ending we saw was INDEED the ending that was written (despite my thoughts being otherwise concerning it's rushed nature). That means that the show would have ended on that note if SyFy hadn't of granted it a final episode.

That's depressing...
                      sigpic

Comment

Even though it wasn't him, he probably still felt bad.

Anyways, so I found out that the ending we saw was INDEED the ending that was written (despite my thoughts being otherwise concerning it's rushed nature). That means that the show would have ended on that note if SyFy hadn't of granted it a final episode.

That's depressing...
                        Well, it would have been fitting. We would have felt just like the People of Eureka when seeing them marching down mainstreet. Not being able to believe that Eureka is being taken from them without a goodbye.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                          Well, it would have been fitting. We would have felt just like the People of Eureka when seeing them marching down mainstreet. Not being able to believe that Eureka is being taken from them without a goodbye.
                          True, but that's not the way to end a show that's been on the air for five seasons...Lol
                          sigpic

Comment

A machine double

From how quickly the ending was rushed, I suspect that it was altered slightly in the wake of the cancellation and ordering of a last episode. That would have been a sucky way to end a season (marching soldiers), much less a series. So I think it was altered slightly to set up the finale.

Colin played creepy very well!

And Kavan has been great with three kinds of evil so far this season!

We haven't seen Zoe at all this season! I miss her. Hope she's in the finale!
                            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

She is. I saw her in the preview.

I believe Jordan Hinson also confirmed it on Twitter.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X