Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is this one a good idea for the premise of a SciFi show? (2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this one a good idea for the premise of a SciFi show? (2)

OK so basically my other idea that in 2017 a flu pandemic that kills 97% of people starts sweeping the globe. To try and help fight this governments order any island terrorisers they have to close their ports and go into self quarantine. Unfortunately this turns out to be to little to late is all cases.... except one.
    You see on the English channel island of Guernsey some school boys decided it would be funny to pretend to have the flu to get off school. This prank ended up resulting in Guernsey being the only island to go into quarantine before a single member of it's population is effected which intern results in Guernsey being the only society on earth no to be decimated and thrown into anarchy
    Skip forward to 100 years and a vast supper state controls all of Europe, Africa and the Americas. This state is run by a fascist government from it's extremely wealthy capital city on the island of Guernsey
    In 2117 the Guernésiais empire is enjoying a period of relative peace when suddenly a rebellion bakes out on the island of Tenerife
    the series it's self would be broken up into three seasons the first of which would deal with the journey of an as yet unnamed main character as he leaves his home and life as the heir to a wealthy coal mine owner in the north of England, to join the army out of a sense patriotism and then go to Tenerife to put down the rebellion. Shortly after arriving there however he is court and ends up having to spend the entirety of the war being dragged around the country side as the prisoner of a group rebels who can't make it back to base. over this time as a result of his interactions with them he comes to sympathise with their struggle and question his belief in Guernsey's right to rule. the season would end with his group being captured and him being sent home as a war hero
    season two would centre around him being sent home and him deciding to try and set up his own resistance movement with the money his now dead farther has left him, the season would end with him and his movement somehow managing to gain control of the north of England
    season three would centre around the main characters attempts to set up a stable democratic government without his new state being invaded or it's people staving or.... any other number of problems that could come from without or within

I say this to help...

If you are seriously wanting to pursue a career as a writer, you need to work on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and paragraphing.

Now on to the story.

Due to The Survivors (failure), if your story is solely set in the 2117 time frame, I'd not stress too heavily what exactly lead to the new world order, or choose something other than the flu, as it will potentially alienate a producer - too soon to go near another flu post apocalyptic scenario.
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
      I say this to help...

If you are seriously wanting to pursue a career as a writer, you need to work on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and paragraphing.
      I'll get around to unclogging this pipe dream eventually

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
      Due to The Survivors (failure), if your story is solely set in the 2117 time frame, I'd not stress too heavily what exactly lead to the new world order, or choose something other than the flu, as it will potentially alienate a producer - too soon to go near another flu post apocalyptic scenario.
      but the virus thing is just a set up

Comment

Working...
      X