PDA

View Full Version : Dallas

the fifth man
June 16th, 2012, 06:32 PM
So, anyone watching the return of this iconic show?

I remember my parents being into this show when I was growing up, so my wife and I gave the premiere a shot. I have to say, it is really good thus far. We will definitely be watching this every week.

hedwig
June 16th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I watched the original series from the beginning. I'll be interested to see how the new one does. Nice to have some of the original cast included in the new series.

DigiFluid
June 16th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I grew up watching the original with my mum. I re-watched the whole thing in preparation for the new series. You're damned right I'm watching the new one :lol:

maneth
June 16th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I'd like to give it a go. I enjoyed the show growing up, watched it with my grandmother and I've seen it all twice since.

Skydiver
June 17th, 2012, 04:21 AM
i watched it. Wasn't bad but years ago I stopped watching the first one because I tired of all the bickering and backstabbing...and JR never losing and never being held accountable for his stunts.

this one goes the same way I may tire of it because i simply find that too frustrating to watch.

LtColCarter
June 17th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Since I'm in Dallas, its nice to see filming locations that I know! :) I noticed they used the same opening music, but updated it to show the current skyline of Dallas. The Omni Hotel you see when the show opens wasn't even a year old when the opening sequence was filmed. I also "like" how they show Southfork (http://southfork.com/) as being the sprawling ranch in Dallas...there aren't any ranches within the city limits of Dallas. The actual Southfork ranch is in Parker, TX. Which isn't even in Dallas County...its in Collin County. But its nice that they're using the ranch for the new show. This past week, the city of Dallas voted to pay the new series $200k per year to keep filming in the area.

DigiFluid
June 17th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Since I'm in Dallas, its nice to see filming locations that I know! :) I noticed they used the same opening music, but updated it to show the current skyline of Dallas. The Omni Hotel you see when the show opens wasn't even a year old when the opening sequence was filmed. I also "like" how they show Southfork (http://southfork.com/) as being the sprawling ranch in Dallas...there aren't any ranches within the city limits of Dallas. The actual Southfork ranch is in Parker, TX. Which isn't even in Dallas County...its in Collin County. But its nice that they're using the ranch for the new show. This past week, the city of Dallas voted to pay the new series $200k per year to keep filming in the area.

Well, Southfork was never supposed to be in Dallas proper. It was always in Braddock County.

Not having ever been to Texas, I don't know if that improves the realism or not, but there it is.

LtColCarter
June 17th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Well, Southfork was never supposed to be in Dallas proper. It was always in Braddock County.

Not having ever been to Texas, I don't know if that improves the realism or not, but there it is.

No, not really...since there is no such county in the state. And when they start off the show, as I said, with a sprawling ranch and the words, "Southfork Ranch, Dallas, TX" it sounds like the show is supposed to be set in Dallas proper.

I did like seeing the American Airlines center (which is where they had the Cattle Barron's Ball). It also looks like they're using the W hotel and the Omni to film some of the sequences. The scene at the Texas State Fair was filmed in September of last year.

DigiFluid
June 17th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Hm, I'd think that would help somewhat then? All through the original run the ranch was said to be in Braddock County. Whenever the cops showed up, it was the Braddock County Sheriff's Department, whenever anyone went to jail it was the Braddock County Jail, etc. I'd think that deliberately removing it from the city itself would allow for that suspension of disbelief.

That said, the text card saying "Southfork Ranch, Dallas, TX" is a pretty sizeable oversight :lol:

the fifth man
June 17th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Nice to see some people posting in here. Hopefully we can have some nice discussions as this show unfolds.

My wife and I can't wait for next Wednesday night.

Hopefully soon, I might look into picking up some of the old seasons. That way, my wife and I can be a little more informed on past events of the show.

LtColCarter
June 17th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Hm, I'd think that would help somewhat then? All through the original run the ranch was said to be in Braddock County. Whenever the cops showed up, it was the Braddock County Sheriff's Department, whenever anyone went to jail it was the Braddock County Jail, etc. I'd think that deliberately removing it from the city itself would allow for that suspension of disbelief.

That said, the text card saying "Southfork Ranch, Dallas, TX" is a pretty sizeable oversight :lol:

Personally, I like the fact that they are using real county names. When that one girl was talking to Sue Ellen about the old oil leases, the map the girl had showed both Dallas and Collin counties. I even saw Denton county on the map as well. So, I know they are being more accurate as far as the locations go this go around.

When I used to watch the original run of Dallas with my family, I was so young that I don't remember the Braddock County stuff. I know it did happen, because I looked it up! ;) It just seems odd since the show is called "Dallas." I hope I get to see some the actors while the show is filming here.

jckfan55
June 17th, 2012, 01:35 PM
I watched the first episode. it seemed true to form.

the fifth man
June 18th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I watched the first episode. it seemed true to form.

Is that a good thing or not for you?

DigiFluid
June 19th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Can't speak for him/her, but for me it was an excellent thing :D

The younger actors are a little bit stiff, but then really let's be honest: acting was never Dallas's strong point anyway.

the fifth man
June 20th, 2012, 07:59 PM
I am so mad at myself. I fell asleep tonight, missing the episode. Thank God for my DVR. Stupid work and heat.

DigiFluid
June 21st, 2012, 04:37 PM
I actually just watched last nights. More good stuff :D

LtColCarter
June 21st, 2012, 05:17 PM
Enjoyed last night's episode...but someone needs to tell JR to trim his eyebrows.

DigiFluid
June 21st, 2012, 05:20 PM
They are some evil-looking eyebrows :lol:

Nice to see Cliff again! I hope they have a good story lined up for him :)

the fifth man
June 21st, 2012, 06:08 PM
The wife and I watched this earlier today. We both enjoyed it very much. It wasn't a letdown from the premiere at all.

DigiFluid
June 22nd, 2012, 04:33 AM
I actually found myself enjoying John Ross and Christopher a lot more in this week's episode than I did in either of the premiere eps. That's definitely a good thing.

One thing that kind of puzzled me though was that they completely failed to address the Marta situation. JR went to meet his old friend, Marta's "father", found out Marta wasn't Marta, and then....no mention of who she really is? We just jump to meeting with the Venezuelan cartel guys with no confrontation or exposition? Are we to take it that John Ross knew the truth about her or not? :confused:

Still loving seeing the old characters keeping up with and maybe even outperforming the younger ones too. Bobby is still Bobby, and JR is still most of the reason to watch the show :D

LtColCarter
June 22nd, 2012, 10:58 PM
I actually found myself enjoying John Ross and Christopher a lot more in this week's episode than I did in either of the premiere eps. That's definitely a good thing.

One thing that kind of puzzled me though was that they completely failed to address the Marta situation. JR went to meet his old friend, Marta's "father", found out Marta wasn't Marta, and then....no mention of who she really is? We just jump to meeting with the Venezuelan cartel guys with no confrontation or exposition? Are we to take it that John Ross knew the truth about her or not? :confused:

Still loving seeing the old characters keeping up with and maybe even outperforming the younger ones too. Bobby is still Bobby, and JR is still most of the reason to watch the show :D

I would venture to say that John Ross knew what was going on. He is the one who set up the meeting between the Venezuelan cartel and Jr.

the fifth man
June 23rd, 2012, 06:19 PM
I would venture to say that John Ross knew what was going on. He is the one who set up the meeting between the Venezuelan cartel and Jr.

I am sure we will learn more about who this woman really is as things progress.

LtColCarter
June 24th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I also wonder what kind of plan Christopher's wife and her brother are cooking up. I know Christopher's wife threw away the flash drive...but I wonder what their plan was?

DigiFluid
June 24th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Well they're clearly con artists. I'm thinking that the idea was just to get the divorce to take a bunch of Ewing money, but now that there's the problems with the methane mining, I think the brother was veering toward blackmail.

That's IMO, so far.

the fifth man
June 25th, 2012, 06:06 PM
There is so much brewing on this show already. I really can't wait to see where things go. I can't wait for Wednesday night.

the fifth man
June 28th, 2012, 05:42 PM
After seeing how things ended this week, next weeks episode should really be something special. A lot of stuff should go down. My wife and I can't wait.:)

LtColCarter
June 28th, 2012, 09:40 PM
After seeing how things ended this week, next weeks episode should really be something special. A lot of stuff should go down. My wife and I can't wait.:)

I agree...next week should be awesome...I wonder how Christopher will respond to the news about the e-mail?

the fifth man
June 29th, 2012, 06:48 PM
I agree...next week should be awesome...I wonder how Christopher will respond to the news about the e-mail?

I would have to say probably not so well.

LtColCarter
June 30th, 2012, 06:15 AM
I would have to say probably not so well.

I would venture to say so...

DigiFluid
June 30th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Masters of understatement in this thread :p

Glad we got to find out who "Marta" is (more or less). I can't wait to see how that goes down, presumably in the midst of the Christopher/Rebecca conversation next week. Ewing Barbecues are always a laugh, I hope tradition holds and someone gets thrown in the pool :lol:

the fifth man
June 30th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Wednesday night can't get here fast enough for me. I really want to see what happens next.

LtColCarter
July 4th, 2012, 11:25 AM
No Dallas this week :(

DigiFluid
July 4th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Yeah :(

I'm still hoping someone gets thrown in the pool :D It's not a Ewing BBQ until someone gets thrown in the pool!

LtColCarter
July 4th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Yeah :(

I'm still hoping someone gets thrown in the pool :D It's not a Ewing BBQ until someone gets thrown in the pool!

Actually, I checked the guide on my TV and it says there is a new episode tonight @ 8:00pm (central time). I thought there wouldn't be a new one this week.

DigiFluid
July 4th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Oh really? The original schedule said there wasn't going to be...that's great news!

the fifth man
July 5th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Wow, what an episode. This show is just getting better and better.

DigiFluid
July 9th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Watched it over the weekend--disappointed nobody got thrown in the pool ( :lol: ) but I guess slugging Tommy will have to do.

I'm guessing JR going away for a bit probably coincides with when Larry Hagman started cancer treatment last fall. I wonder when he'll be back? From what I understand Hagman is fine now so I'm sure he'll be back for season 2 at the very least.

I also notice that nobody posted the renewal news? Surprising that none of you beat me to it! TNT has renewed the show for a second season, of 15 episodes this time! :D

the fifth man
July 9th, 2012, 06:18 PM
A 15 episode second season sure works for me. I really think that TNT has recaptured the Dallas magic.:)

LtColCarter
July 9th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Watched it over the weekend--disappointed nobody got thrown in the pool ( :lol: ) but I guess slugging Tommy will have to do.

I'm guessing JR going away for a bit probably coincides with when Larry Hagman started cancer treatment last fall. I wonder when he'll be back? From what I understand Hagman is fine now so I'm sure he'll be back for season 2 at the very least.

I also notice that nobody posted the renewal news? Surprising that none of you beat me to it! TNT has renewed the show for a second season, of 15 episodes this time! :D

Is this season just a 13 episode season?

DigiFluid
July 10th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Is this season just a 13 episode season?

Only 10 actually. So a 15 episode pickup the second time around is really very good news :)

LtColCarter
July 10th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Only 10 actually. So a 15 episode pickup the second time around is really very good news :)

Wow...this will be a fast season. Glad next season is more!

the fifth man
July 11th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Wow...this will be a fast season. Glad next season is more!

Yeah, me too. Fifty percent more works for me.

LtColCarter
July 12th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Another excellent episode. I predicted Rebecca's "condition" when she got the bloody nose. I wonder how Christopher will respond. It seems like JR got John Ross in a bunch of deep do-do!

the fifth man
July 13th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Another excellent episode. I predicted Rebecca's "condition" when she got the bloody nose. I wonder how Christopher will respond. It seems like JR got John Ross in a bunch of deep do-do!

Definitely a trial by fire for John Ross.

I didn't see that coming with Rebecca. With the nosebleed, I thought she was sick in some way, not pregnant.

LtColCarter
July 14th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Definitely a trial by fire for John Ross.

I didn't see that coming with Rebecca. With the nosebleed, I thought she was sick in some way, not pregnant.

It was just a gut feeling with Rebecca's condition. I wonder how Christopher will respond to her condition?

DigiFluid
July 14th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I was surprised too actually. I've never heard of someone's nose spontaneously bleeding because they're pregnant (of course, I've never gotten anyone pregnant either).

I thought it might be a brain tumour (or something like that) so they could resolve her story with her death.

LtColCarter
July 14th, 2012, 03:33 PM
http://www.justmommies.com/articles/nose-bleeds-pregnancy.shtml

Its just because of all of the changes that go one when women become pregnant. :)

the fifth man
July 14th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Christopher's reaction to the news should definitely be interesting.

LtColCarter
July 14th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Christopher's reaction to the news should definitely be interesting.

:indeed:

the fifth man
July 16th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Wednesday night can't get here fast enough IMO. I need my Dallas fix.:)

LtColCarter
July 17th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Wednesday night can't get here fast enough IMO. I need my Dallas fix.:)

I live in Dallas...you're not missin' much! ;)

Ya know...I do love the new opening to Dallas. They should show the city skyline when its all lit up at night. Especially the Omni hotel.

Dallas at night before the Omni was built

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kuu0p8Vyo71qzbc8mo1_500.jpg

Dallas at night with the Omni Hotel

http://www.brandonwade.com/storage/DowntownDallasSkyline_NightDallasSkyline_NighttimeDallasSkyline_FloodedTrinityRi ver_DallasSkylineReflection_OmniHotelDallasSkyline104.JPG?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVER SION=1327635894464

The Omni's exterior can project images, words, etc. The image above was taken when the Trinity river was a little swollen.

This is the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge going into downtown Dallas.

http://pressclubofnorthtexas.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Bridge-Photo-by-Marco-Becerra-.jpg

LtColCarter
July 18th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Everyone ready for some Dallas tonight?

the fifth man
July 18th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Everyone ready for some Dallas tonight?

I know I am. I will be watching it very shortly. Had to rely on my DVR tonight.

LtColCarter
July 18th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I know I am. I will be watching it very shortly. Had to rely on my DVR tonight.

My DVR started...but stopped... :(

LtColCarter
July 18th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Wow...John Ross is in some deep do-do!

I thought it was hilarious that Dallas police were responding at Southfork...especially since the real ranch is in Murphy, TX and outside of DPD's jurisdiction. I guess that's the problem with actually living in Dallas. ;)

I sure hope Christopher and Rebecca reconcile especially since she's pregnant with his twins

Ya know, I must admit that I wasn't sure if I was going to like this reboot...but I love it!

the fifth man
July 21st, 2012, 07:48 PM
Yeah, John Ross is in some serious trouble. Let's see how much the family actually comes to his aid.

LtColCarter
July 22nd, 2012, 12:50 PM
Yeah, John Ross is in some serious trouble. Let's see how much the family actually comes to his aid.

Based on the promo...we know Momma does.

the fifth man
July 23rd, 2012, 06:53 PM
This should be another really good episode. I know I can't wait.:)

LtColCarter
July 27th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Yet another excellent episode this past Thursday! :D I was surprised that Christopher and Bobby came to John Ross' rescue. But I can understand why they did...he's family. I just hope that family loyalty is well placed.

I saw Josh Henderson on Live with Kelly yesterday...and there was a promo of next week's episode. In the promo...John Ross was pretty much telling JR off and telling him that Bobby was the one who came to bail him out. So, it looks like the upcoming episode should be excellent!

And I'm disappointed in Rebecca. Just when you think she's on the level...another level of lies pops up. :(

LtColCarter
July 27th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Dallas star Josh Henderson was on a show called Pop Stars back in the day. As a result of the show he was a in a group called Scene 23. They were due to release an album when the album label folded. Check out a young Josh Henderson in Scene 23. Dude's got some good singing chops and some moves!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtw0VfTz1MU

DigiFluid
July 27th, 2012, 07:24 AM
I really liked Wednesday's episode too! Lots of stuff to enjoy...anger, frustration, and finally the Ewings coming together to protect their own. Poor Sue Ellen, having to compromise herself :S That's going to be trouble later, I can just tell...

The highlights of the episode for me though were JR secretly visiting John Ross in the hospital, and Bobby visiting Miss Ellie's grave. Wonderful moments.

the fifth man
July 27th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Definitely a great episode Wednesday night.:) It is a shame this season is already coming to a close. I can't wait to see how they choose to end Season 1 though. Probably leave us on some big cliffhanger.

the fifth man
August 2nd, 2012, 06:48 PM
Great episode Wednesday night. I really can't wait to see how things unfold in the season finale next week.

LtColCarter
August 2nd, 2012, 07:27 PM
Wow...talk about an excellent episode! :D This show rocks!

LtColCarter
August 3rd, 2012, 08:04 AM
Next Wednesday starting at Noon, EST, there will be a Dallas Marathon leading to the season finale. If you've missed any episodes...set your DVR to catch 'em! :D

DigiFluid
August 4th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Watched 1.09 last night.... :eek:

LtColCarter
August 4th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Watched 1.09 last night.... :eek:

And no commentary?

DigiFluid
August 4th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I thought my :eek: reaction face was commentary enough :p

I'm worried about Bobby. I don't want him to die :(
I loved that JR had a moment of goodness
I'm intrigued at John Ross and Christopher working together, but fully expecting it to fall apart in no time flat
I'm really hoping that Sue Ellen starts drinking again :lol:
Harris cracks me up, I really hope they find more for him to do next year
the ending :eek: so was it Tommy or Rebecca? If it was Rebecca, is she going to lose the babies?

Also still waiting on finding out Ann's secret. I know we pretty much know at this point that she lost a child, but I want to know the circumstances and how Bobby reacts!

LtColCarter
August 4th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I thought my :eek: reaction face was commentary enough :p

I'm worried about Bobby. I don't want him to die :(
I loved that JR had a moment of goodness
I'm intrigued at John Ross and Christopher working together, but fully expecting it to fall apart in no time flat
I'm really hoping that Sue Ellen starts drinking again :lol:
Harris cracks me up, I really hope they find more for him to do next year
the ending :eek: so was it Tommy or Rebecca? If it was Rebecca, is she going to lose the babies?

Also still waiting on finding out Ann's secret. I know we pretty much know at this point that she lost a child, but I want to know the circumstances and how Bobby reacts!

All excellent points. Yeah...I do wanna know more about what Ann is hiding. I know the ending was so :eek: with the gun going off. I hope it was Tommy.

the fifth man
August 4th, 2012, 07:11 PM
All excellent points. Yeah...I do wanna know more about what Ann is hiding. I know the ending was so :eek: with the gun going off. I hope it was Tommy.

So do I. Sadly, I do not think it was. I think he overpowered her.

As for Bobby, he sure better be alright. Otherwise, this will be one upset fan.

LtColCarter
August 5th, 2012, 01:30 PM
So do I. Sadly, I do not think it was. I think he overpowered her.

As for Bobby, he sure better be alright. Otherwise, this will be one upset fan.

I think he will be because he was on a show talking about the 2nd season.

DigiFluid
August 5th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Whew. Now that's a spoiler I can live with!

the fifth man
August 5th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Whew. Now that's a spoiler I can live with!

Same here. It would be such a shame to lose him or JR.

DigiFluid
August 9th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Whoaaaaa! I just got done watching the finale; awesome :D

Right at the beginning of the episode I called that
Rebecca's contact was going to be Frank.

BUT I was totally not expecting that
Rebecca would turn out to be Cliff's daughter :eek:

I guess that means that her name actually is Rebecca, since Afton's daughter by Cliff in the original run was Rebecca Cooper.

Great ending! Can't wait for next year!

LtColCarter
August 10th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Whoaaaaa! I just got done watching the finale; awesome :D

Right at the beginning of the episode I called that
Rebecca's contact was going to be Frank.

BUT I was totally not expecting that
Rebecca would turn out to be Cliff's daughter :eek:

I guess that means that her name actually is Rebecca, since Afton's daughter by Cliff in the original run was Rebecca Cooper.

Great ending! Can't wait for next year!

I agree. I think it was an excellent episode. I was sortta disappointed that Rebecca ended up...being a bad guy...and Cliff's daughter. Ewwww. I was pulling for Christopher and Rebecca. I just don't care for Elana (I think that's her name).

DigiFluid
August 10th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Well regarding Rebecca and Christopher

Rebecca was born Pamela Rebecca Cooper, daughter of Cliff and Afton (assuming it's the same character, which seems likely). But Christopher was adopted by Bobby and Pam. So they aren't blood related in the least, and since Rebecca/Pamela Rebecca was raised by Afton, it's not like they grew up together either.

the fifth man
August 11th, 2012, 06:40 PM
What a reveal at the end there regarding Rebecca. This was one amazing season finale. I am so happy new episodes will pick up in January.:) If we had to wait until next summer, that would be such torture.

DigiFluid
August 11th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Oh that's excellent news! I thought it wasn't back till next summer!

the fifth man
August 13th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Oh that's excellent news! I thought it wasn't back till next summer!

So did I, until the credits started in the final episode. It said that new episodes would be back this January.

LtColCarter
August 13th, 2012, 08:28 PM
So did I, until the credits started in the final episode. It said that new episodes would be back this January.

I'm just surprised that I've been by Southfork a couple of times and there's no sign of filming going on...and you'd think that with the show coming back in January that filming would've started.

DigiFluid
August 14th, 2012, 04:52 AM
I read an interview with Cynthia Cidre; they start filming on September 24.

http://jimhalterman.com/interviews/spoiler-alert-dallas-exec-producer-cynthia-cidre-talks-finale-who-will-be-together-in-season-two/

Beware of Season 1 spoilers, newcomers.

LtColCarter
August 14th, 2012, 05:26 AM
I read an interview with Cynthia Cidre; they start filming on September 24.

http://jimhalterman.com/interviews/spoiler-alert-dallas-exec-producer-cynthia-cidre-talks-finale-who-will-be-together-in-season-two/

Beware of Season 1 spoilers, newcomers.

:lol: guess that's why it doesn't look like they're filming yet, huh? ;)

the fifth man
August 15th, 2012, 07:41 PM
January can't get here soon enough IMO. I can't wait to see what Season 2 will have in store for us.

the fifth man
October 24th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Nice little spoiler news. Looks like Gary and Valene Ewing will be appearing in a few episodes this coming season. Sounds good to me.:)

Perelandra
October 31st, 2012, 12:42 PM
Don't know how I missed this down here but I've been watching and loving this show(as I was a fan of the 80's Dallas as well) What an ending!! Can't wait until January.

"Marta" was also the ancient(Chaya) in Sanctuary of season 1 of SGA

the fifth man
October 31st, 2012, 07:17 PM
Don't know how I missed this down here but I've been watching and loving this show(as I was a fan of the 80's Dallas as well) What an ending!! Can't wait until January.

"Marta" was also the ancient(Chaya) in Sanctuary of season 1 of SGA

That's funny. I never made that connection until now.

Perelandra
November 1st, 2012, 07:10 AM
Can't remember what her RL name is-I'll have to research it but I recognized her right away. 'Course I've watched SGA- S1 about 100 times so I have almost every ep recorded in memory LOL!

DigiFluid
November 1st, 2012, 07:13 AM
Leonor Varela

Perelandra
November 1st, 2012, 08:38 AM
Leonor Varela

Thanks-more SGA alumni on Dallas, Mitch Peleggi

the fifth man
November 3rd, 2012, 08:10 PM
Thanks-more SGA alumni on Dallas, Mitch Peleggi

I hope we see more of his character in the future.

Perelandra
November 6th, 2012, 07:09 AM
I hope we see more of his character in the future.

I think we will, as Anne's past comes back to haunt her.

DigiFluid
November 23rd, 2012, 06:55 PM
Larry Hagman died this afternoon (http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-news/20121123-actor-larry-hagman-notorious-as-dallas-villain-j.r.-ewing-dies.ece) :(

Skydiver
November 23rd, 2012, 07:32 PM
i just read. RIP JR

maneth
November 23rd, 2012, 08:49 PM
Sad news... Especially as he just got a shot at playing the character that made his reputation again.

Perelandra
November 24th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I just heard that, too. RIP Larry Hagman.
I wonder if they're going to continue the show without him and how they will deal with his loss if they do?

DigiFluid
November 24th, 2012, 09:09 AM
News story I just read says that they were partway through filming episode 6 of the new season (15 episodes). Naturally filming is on hold, and they haven't decided how they're going to deal with it yet on the show.

the fifth man
November 24th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Very sad news. May he rest in peace. He will be missed, as will the character he portrayed.

poundpuppy29
November 26th, 2012, 04:08 PM
RIP Larry Hagman you will be missed I loved to hate JR and loved Major Nelson

mr_kennedy
November 27th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Never watched Dallas (old or new) but really enjoyed him as Major Nelson may he R.I.P

the fifth man
November 27th, 2012, 08:48 PM
This show will not be the same without JR. Not the same at all.

the fifth man
January 25th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Finally, Season 2 is almost upon us. It will be bittersweet to see JR onscreen for these final times.

John Emmanuel Ramos
January 28th, 2013, 05:10 PM
:indeed:

So sad for all of us!!!

the fifth man
February 2nd, 2013, 03:15 PM
I still have yet to watch the first two episodes. There was a death in the family, and I have been so busy with other things. Hopefully the wife and I can watch the first two in the next day or so.

the fifth man
February 11th, 2013, 04:40 PM
This season has been great thus far IMO. Anyone else have any thoughts?

LtColCarter
February 12th, 2013, 01:48 PM
I'm really enjoying this season so far! It seems that the double crossers are getting double crossed. It is actually a workout just keeping up with who is doing what.

I'm just curious about what Drew is up to. Then again you have the situation with Ryling

I love living in the town where this show is filmed. Every once in a while you'll see the younger actors out and about. I've see Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalf, and Jordana Brewster. Haven't seen any of the old timers out and about though.

Anyone know how many more episodes we have with Jr? I heard that Mayor Mike Rawlings is supposed to be on the episode to do Jr's memorial.

the fifth man
February 19th, 2013, 09:15 PM
I'm really enjoying this season so far! It seems that the double crossers are getting double crossed. It is actually a workout just keeping up with who is doing what.

I'm just curious about what Drew is up to. Then again you have the situation with Ryling

I love living in the town where this show is filmed. Every once in a while you'll see the younger actors out and about. I've see Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalf, and Jordana Brewster. Haven't seen any of the old timers out and about though.

Anyone know how many more episodes we have with Jr? I heard that Mayor Mike Rawlings is supposed to be on the episode to do Jr's memorial.

I want to say they were 6 or 7 episodes into filming when he passed away. It will be sad to see how they handle his passing on the show.

Things have really been great thus far. I hope this show stays strong for some time to come.

LtColCarter
February 21st, 2013, 07:16 AM
I wonder if JR is going to work his magic to get Anne out of prison?

the fifth man
February 23rd, 2013, 08:41 PM
I wonder if JR is going to work his magic to get Anne out of prison?

It will definitely be interesting to see how she gets out of that mess.

LtColCarter
February 28th, 2013, 06:27 AM
It will definitely be interesting to see how she gets out of that mess.

Well, I'm glad that Anne is just on probation and not in jail. Especially given everything that happened at Southfork.

Well, this Monday is the day. :( I felt so sad when I was watching the previews for Monday and I heard John Ross yelling for his Dad. You can hear the desperation in his voice. :(

If any of you are interested, there is a "remembering JR" facebook page. I can't link to it from where I am now, but if you go to FB and search for remembering JR...it should come up.

hedwig
March 5th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Monday, March 4, 2013:

Happy Days ... for some. The good guys finally won a round or two. But that won't last long, I'm sure.

Glad to see Emma going to Ann for comfort. Now maybe they'll finally get to know each other, even though this will surely cause some major fireworks.

And the last scene of the episode - we find out next week (even though we know what it will be:().

I get a chuckle seeing Judith Light (Mama Ryland) playing Mitch PIleggi's (Harris Ryland) mother, given that she and Mitch are only two years apart in age. :)

LtColCarter
March 6th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Monday, March 4, 2013:

Happy Days ... for some. The good guys finally won a round or two. But that won't last long, I'm sure.

Glad to see Emma going to Ann for comfort. Now maybe they'll finally get to know each other, even though this will surely cause some major fireworks.

And the last scene of the episode - we find out next week (even though we know what it will be:().

I get a chuckle seeing Judith Light (Mama Ryland) playing Mitch PIleggi's (Harris Ryland) mother, given that she and Mitch are only two years apart in age. :)

I was anticipating JR's demise through out the whole episode. I felt it as sortta anti-climatic. There was all of this hype and all we get is the sound of to pops and John Ross yelling for JR. I would say it is my first let down in the series.

hedwig
March 6th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I was anticipating JR's demise through out the whole episode. I felt it as sortta anti-climatic. There was all of this hype and all we get is the sound of to pops and John Ross yelling for JR. I would say it is my first let down in the series.

It was done that way because the episode was filmed after Larry Hagman died. They filmed those few scenes of his before his death and then worked them into the last episode.

LtColCarter
March 6th, 2013, 02:50 PM
It was done that way because the episode was filmed after Larry Hagman died. They filmed those few scenes of his before his death and then worked them into the last episode.

I'm aware...and the voice clips...were from various other episodes. However, it was still anti-climatic to me.

hedwig
March 11th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Good episode this evening - saying goodbye to J.R.

Loved seeing the elders from the previous series, even though briefly.

Emma and John Ross. That's going to cause some huge fireworks - mostly from Ann - and Ryland when he finds out.

And has it ever been explained why Emma is taking antidepressants?

Loved it when Christopher and John Ross got in a fight at the club, backing each other up, and having a "moment" back at the house. Won't last long, though.

I always thought that Christopher was the son of J.R. and Sue Ellen's sister, Kristen. That would make him a Ewing by blood. Did they decide that J.R. wasn't the father of Christopher?

Interesting ending, leading up to next week's end of season. Wonder what it is that J.R. set in motion.

iheartshep
March 12th, 2013, 08:41 AM
As far as I can recall......Christopher IS the son of JR and Kristen. Bobby and Pam adopted him.....but I don't think Bobby knows his true parentage.

That's what threw me when they were talking about JR looking for Christopher's mom. Did he mean Pam, or Kristen, because I don't think she's around any more.

I have to say......I teared up at the end. Farewell JR and Mr. Hagman.......you will not be forgotten.

IHS :sheppard:

hedwig
March 12th, 2013, 08:40 PM
As far as I can recall......Christopher IS the son of JR and Kristen. Bobby and Pam adopted him.....but I don't think Bobby knows his true parentage.

That's what threw me when they were talking about JR looking for Christopher's mom. Did he mean Pam, or Kristen, because I don't think she's around any more.

I have to say......I teared up at the end. Farewell JR and Mr. Hagman.......you will not be forgotten.

IHS :sheppard:

I'm pretty sure that Kristen died in the original Dallas series. Don't remember how, though.

And Pam might still be alive somewhere, though I'm not sure about that.

Perelandra
March 13th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Wow, what an episode! Yes I agree major fireworks when It's found out about Emma and John Ross.
I love Mitch Peliggi-and boy he plays Ryland as a great slimeball.
So sad all around- even teared up myself at the funeral scene- very bittersweet knowing we won't see Larry Hagman again(except in flashbacks)
I hope Sue Ellen isn't going to go downhill again.
Loved the fight,at the memorial- you go Christopher!
And the scene between Bobby and Anne in the bedroom don't want to say too much spoilery stuff but that was very powerful. I didn't know Bobby held in that much anger.
Can't wait for next week-will we find out what it is Bobby knows?

the fifth man
March 16th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Such an amazing farewell to JR. His presence on this show will be missed so much.

LtColCarter
March 18th, 2013, 07:47 AM
I agree...it was an amazing farewell to JR. I like that even though he's gone...we saw he's still causing drama!

the fifth man
March 19th, 2013, 07:54 PM
I agree...it was an amazing farewell to JR. I like that even though he's gone...we saw he's still causing drama!

Indeed he is.:) It is great to see all the Ewings working together to fulfill JR's plan and wishes. I can't wait to see what happens after the way this last episode ended.

hedwig
March 19th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Indeed he is.:) It is great to see all the Ewings working together to fulfill JR's plan and wishes. I can't wait to see what happens after the way this last episode ended.

I wonder how long this "working together" between the Ewings will last. :p

I feel very badly for Drew. I'm sure it will be discovered that he put the bomb in place and there will be huge consequences.

Emma is certainly making up for lost time - hopping into bed with John Ross. Then going on a "date" with Drew. Wonder who's next on her list. And what will happen when Ann finds out - which will surely happen.

And so long Mama Ryland. And Harris Ryland is going to be in a lot of trouble; it will be found out eventually that he was at least partially responsible for his mother's fall down the stairs. And even if it was an accident, things don't bode well for him.

the fifth man
March 22nd, 2013, 06:53 PM
This season really has been amazing thus far. Sad, but amazing.

LtColCarter
March 23rd, 2013, 06:37 AM
I wonder how long this "working together" between the Ewings will last. :p

I feel very badly for Drew. I'm sure it will be discovered that he put the bomb in place and there will be huge consequences.

Emma is certainly making up for lost time - hopping into bed with John Ross. Then going on a "date" with Drew. Wonder who's next on her list. And what will happen when Ann finds out - which will surely happen.

And so long Mama Ryland. And Harris Ryland is going to be in a lot of trouble; it will be found out eventually that he was at least partially responsible for his mother's fall down the stairs. And even if it was an accident, things don't bode well for him.

Guess Ryland will be the cause of his own undoing! ;) Can't wait 'til Monday! :D

LtColCarter
March 25th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Monday is here...I wonder what new drama will unfold tonight?

the fifth man
March 29th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Really good episode. Sadly, I saw that coming at the end there. I knew it couldn't end well.

Perelandra
March 30th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Really good episode. Sadly, I saw that coming at the end there. I knew it couldn't end well.

Yeah, me too. I hope we're wrong but it doesn't look like it.

LtColCarter
April 1st, 2013, 06:03 AM

Yeah, me too. I hope we're wrong but it doesn't look like it.

Yeah, that was a very sad ending to the episode. I'm hoping for some TV magic!

hedwig
April 2nd, 2013, 12:47 PM
Seems two daughters are about to find out what rotten guys their fathers are.

I'm going to love it when Cliff Barnes and Harris Ryland get found out for the murdering scoundrels they are - hopefully sooner than later. Cliff didn't care that his own grandchildren were killed in that explosion, probably because they were part Ewing and he would never have loved them anyway.

And Emma is now seeing what her father is really like, behind all his lovey dovey attitude towards her. The gloves are off now, and I'm surprised he didn't try to force her to come back home with him after he showed her Drew and his injuries.

In spite of what he did, I feel very badly for Drew.

And Ann needs to get her head out of the sand and start being an actual mother to Emma. She's in denial about Emma and she nees a real wake-up call and stop trying to be buddies with her daughter.

And Emma needs to stop being a little slut and start acting like a grown-up and take some responsibility for who she is. Instead she seems to be wandering around, wasting time, looking for guys to have sex with, though she at least does seem to care for Drew.

I haven't figured out why, but I'm not a fan of Elena (Christopher's fiance); she bothers me for some reason.

Perelandra
April 3rd, 2013, 03:10 PM
Seems two daughters are about to find out what rotten guys their fathers are.

I'm going to love it when Cliff Barnes and Harris Ryland get found out for the murdering scoundrels they are - hopefully sooner than later. Cliff didn't care that his own grandchildren were killed in that explosion, probably because they were part Ewing and he would never have loved them anyway.

And Emma is now seeing what her father is really like, behind all his lovey dovey attitude towards her. The gloves are off now, and I'm surprised he didn't try to force her to come back home with him after he showed her Drew and his injuries.

In spite of what he did, I feel very badly for Drew.

And Ann needs to get her head out of the sand and start being an actual mother to Emma. She's in denial about Emma and she nees a real wake-up call and stop trying to be buddies with her daughter.

And Emma needs to stop being a little slut and start acting like a grown-up and take some responsibility for who she is. Instead she seems to be wandering around, wasting time, looking for guys to have sex with, though she at least does seem to care for Drew.

I haven't figured out why, but I'm not a fan of Elena (Christopher's fiance); she bothers me for some reason.

I agree with you about the fathers-and daughters, although Ryland seems to care more about Emma(in his own twisted, manipulative way) than Cliff does about Pamela. I think Cliff is just using Pamela, doesn't seem to care about her welfare at all.
I also feel badly for Drew.

LtColCarter
April 4th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Oh Drew shmoo...I feel he deserved to get his backside kicked. He killed two unborn children, injured several adults, caused unnecessary emotional pain, and is causing the Ewings to have a battle to prove that the explosion wasn't Christopher's fault. I hope when Elena finds out that she kicks him to the curb. I wouldn't have done what he did. IMHO, he has less morals than JR.

hedwig
April 4th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Oh Drew shmoo...I feel he deserved to get his backside kicked. He killed two unborn children, injured several adults, caused unnecessary emotional pain, and is causing the Ewings to have a battle to prove that the explosion wasn't Christopher's fault. I hope when Elena finds out that she kicks him to the curb. I wouldn't have done what he did. IMHO, he has less morals than JR.

Yes, Drew is guilty of planting the bomb. He shouldn't have done that. But don't forget that Cliff Barnes and Harris Ryland are behind him doing that, which makes them equally as guilty as Drew. Had they not forced him to do it by threatening the life of his sister, none of the deaths or injuries would have happened. They're hatred of the Ewings is what caused the problem. And Cliff doesn't even care that his grandchildren were killed. Neither was Ryland. So, yes, Drew is going to be in big trouble, but I still feel sorry for him. :)

LtColCarter
April 4th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Yes, Drew is guilty of planting the bomb. He shouldn't have done that. But don't forget that Cliff Barnes and Harris Ryland are behind him doing that, which makes them equally as guilty as Drew. Had they not forced him to do it by threatening the life of his sister, none of the deaths or injuries would have happened. They're hatred of the Ewings is what caused the problem. And Cliff doesn't even care that his grandchildren were killed. Neither was Ryland. So, yes, Drew is going to be in big trouble, but I still feel sorry for him. :)

Oh, I know Ryland and Barnes are no saints in this whole mess. However, Drew had choices. Elena asked him for honesty, yet he still goes out and does this stuff behind their backs. Everyone has choices to make...and Drew made the wrong ones...and now he's gonna have to pay the piper. So, I don't feel sorry for him in the least.

the fifth man
April 13th, 2013, 07:48 PM
This season has been so great. I just loved how the last episode ended. I can't wait to see the fall of Barnes and Ryland.

hedwig
April 15th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Dang. Just when I was starting to like John Ross. :rolleyes:

the fifth man
April 18th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Dang. Just when I was starting to like John Ross. :rolleyes:

He is his father's son. I totally saw that coming, but my wife was pretty shocked and dismayed. I told her, come on, there has to be some drama left for next season.

This was an amazing season finale. IMO, Barnes is far from done manipulating things.

hedwig
April 18th, 2013, 02:52 PM
He is his father's son. I totally saw that coming, but my wife was pretty shocked and dismayed. I told her, come on, there has to be some drama left for next season.

This was an amazing season finale. IMO, Barnes is far from done manipulating things.

absolutely. And with Elena apparently now looking for revenge (or something close to it), it appears there's another feud on the horizon.

LtColCarter
April 19th, 2013, 06:33 AM
I enjoyed the season finale. I was surprised by John Ross, but I got a greater respect for JR.

Perelandra
April 20th, 2013, 08:02 AM
I predict that there will be a huge rift between Elena and the Ewings, after this new info gained from Cliff. She will continue to protect Drew and will come up against the Ewings for that land she thinks is hers. Her mother will be caught in the middle.

the fifth man
April 20th, 2013, 10:09 AM
I predict that there will be a huge rift between Elena and the Ewings, after this new info gained from Cliff. She will continue to protect Drew and will come up against the Ewings for that land she thinks is hers. Her mother will be caught in the middle.

Pretty good prediction IMO.

the fifth man
April 20th, 2013, 10:10 AM
I enjoyed the season finale. I was surprised by John Ross, but I got a greater respect for JR.

Yeah, the revelation of his "Master Plan" was a very fitting end to things for his character.

hedwig
April 20th, 2013, 10:13 AM
It will be interesting to see if (and how) Cliff gets himself out of a Mexican prison, and if the Mexican authorities find out they were duped into arresting him. Lots and lots of very unhappy people.

Interesting that the doctor/wife who had been hiding the fact that Christopher's mother was dead were portrayed somewhat sympathetically. To themselves, they acted as though they had done nothing wrong, when in fact what they did was monstrous. And all because of money. They got to live the high life for nearly 25 years while Christopher went through all that time thinking his mother wanted nothing to do with him.

the fifth man
May 1st, 2013, 10:16 AM
At least it is now official that we will be getting a third season. That puts me at ease a bit.

Perelandra
September 23rd, 2014, 08:48 AM
Wow. Was surprised Christopher was the Ewing killed. but with some internet research this morning it seems Jesse Metcalf is leaving the show. My money was on either Ann or Pamela, as I figured Bobby, Sue Ellen, Christopher and John Ross characters were safe. I could see the Elena is pregnant storyline coming a mile away after Nicholas/Joaquin punctured her diaphragm. And if there's a next season, there will be a "whose the daddy" storyline, too.

LtColCarter
October 2nd, 2014, 06:46 AM
Wow. Was surprised Christopher was the Ewing killed. but with some internet research this morning it seems Jesse Metcalf is leaving the show. My money was on either Ann or Pamela, as I figured Bobby, Sue Ellen, Christopher and John Ross characters were safe. I could see the Elena is pregnant storyline coming a mile away after Nicholas/Joaquin punctured her diaphragm. And if there's a next season, there will be a "whose the daddy" storyline, too.

Hmmm... that's sad that Jesse Metcalf is leaving the show. At least the producers tied up that thread. Yes, I saw Elena getting pregnant coming for a mile. There seem to be two prospects for the father Nicholas or John Ross. I wonder when we'll find out if there is a 4th season?

hedwig
October 3rd, 2014, 05:31 PM
Well, it looks like we'll never find out what happens "next" season. Dallas has been cancelled by TNT.

From Entertainment Weekly:

After a three-season run, Dallas has been canceled.

TNT announced on Friday that the primetime soap opera, a reboot of the 1980s classic, will not be returning for a fourth season.

“TNT has decided not to renew Dallas. We are extremely proud of the series, which defied expectations by standing as a worthy continuation of the Ewing saga. We want to thank everyone involved with the show, from the extraordinary cast to the impeccable production team, led by the show’s creative forces, [executive producers] Cynthia Cidre and Mike Robin,” a TNT spokesperson said in a statement. “We especially want to thank the people of Dallas for their warm and generous hospitality during the production of the series.”

While the reboot kicked off with impressive ratings in 2012, its viewership shrank after the death of Larry Hagman, who had reprised his pivotal role of J.R. Ewing, in November 2012. The 81-year-old was filming the second season of the show at the time. In addition to Hagman, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray were also among the cast members from the original series. New to the series for the reboot were Juan Pablo Di Pace, Julie Gonzalo, Brenda Strong, Josh Henderson, Jordana Brewster, and Jesse Metcalfe.

iheartshep
October 11th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Found out about this when I saw a tweet from Patrick Duffy about it. :(

I think they may try to bring it to another network/channel. We shall see.

Perelandra
October 21st, 2014, 08:09 AM
Well, it looks like we'll never find out what happens "next" season. Dallas has been cancelled by TNT.

Oh wow. I wish they would at least give us a 2 hour movie to wrap up the storyline. But maybe they're holding out hope they can get picked up elsewhere.

iheartshep
October 21st, 2014, 10:13 AM
There seems to be a "Save Dallas" campaign going on. I've seen lots of tweets about this.....I think I even saw one where William Shatner posted about it since he is friends with Linda Gray. I saw that one when Patrick Duffy retweeted it.

They aren't giving up without a fight! Fingers crossed they are successful and are picked up.