Identifying a sci-fi film - help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identifying a sci-fi film - help?

Hope this is the right sort of place to ask, I'm trying to identify a film (probably sci-fi or sci-fi elements) with a notable (to me) scene:

Takes place in an elevator, which the protagonist (possible female) enters. She sees an Oriental gentleman wearing spectacles, which display some writing. The camera cuts to the gent's POV, which includes the writing on his spectacles, which of course is now backwards. He might then get killed.

Any help?

When was it released?

Comment

Last ten years? Maybe fifteen.

Thought it might have been Ultraviolet, but it's not. Pretty sure it's not Aeon Flux either.

Comment

It isn't that M.Night Shamalan movie is it?
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
          It isn't that M.Night Shamalan movie is it?
          Which one? Doesn't remind me of any of the ones I've seen.

Comment

Does not sound like M.Night Shamalan style of film. Need more.

Sound like a scene from the matrix films, through I do not think that is the case, unless it was in of those indian remakes.

We need more details about the film.

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
              Which one? Doesn't remind me of any of the ones I've seen.
              IT was called Devil. A bunch of people get stuck in a Lift and it has the DEVIL INSIDE!

I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                IT was called Devil. A bunch of people get stuck in a Lift and it has the DEVIL INSIDE!
                I've never seen "Devil" so it seems unlikely.

As for "more", sadly I can't remember any more. As I said earlier, in general theme I think it's something like Aeon Flux or Ultraviolet, but the only bit I can specifically remember is the elevator scene.

Comment

Was it Hellevator: The Bottled Fools?
                  Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Originally posted by The Urban Spaceman View Post
                    I don't believe so. I thought it was something I'd seen on VHS/DVD or (more probably) at the movies. I can vaguely recall discussing the film with a colleague at work afterwards, which usually means public viewing. What you'd think would help is that I have a list of every film I've seen at the movies since (coincidentally, honestly) Stargate in January 1995.

Comment

post the list.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        post the list.
                        It's approximately, on average, a film every two weeks for 17 years. I also think the film sucked. Might have been a first-time director but either way I think it was critically panned; this was one example I remember describing to someone as being imaginative but not enough to save it. May have to do something about an edited list (i.e. remove films I know it absolutely definitely wasn't).

Comment

Working...
                        X