SG-1 in ancient Egypt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 in ancient Egypt

In Moebius Parts 1 & 2, why did none of the local Egyptians in 3000 B.C. question the fact the O'Neill, Carter, and Daniel were caucasian, rather than middle eastern?

Maybe they weren't so obsessed with skin color back then the way people seem to be now.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Plus maybe back then, there was not as much of a difference in skin tones...

Comment

Originally posted by Ancientechexpert View Post
        In Moebius Parts 1 & 2, why did none of the local Egyptians in 3000 B.C. question the fact the O'Neill, Carter, and Daniel were caucasian, rather than middle eastern?
        Distant travellers?
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Not sure if this could also explain it but some of their (Goa'uld) gods and Jaffa didn't appear to be Ancient Egyptians (It seemed like for the most part the ancient egyptian themed Goa'uld hosts were chosen for their beauty as opposed to their race). Khonsu for example even if he was a Tok'ra chose or went undercover as an egyptian god with a Host that clearly wasn't egyptian. I figure it was the same way back then. Maybe they just thought it was normal or that they were indeed distant travelers.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
            Distant travellers?
            Yeah didn't they say this in the episode?
            They figured he was a lazy, time-wasting slacker. They were right.

Comment

Working...
            X