X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speculation about the atlantis team's arrival

Hey guys and girls.

I was just thinking the other night, how did the Atlantis Team even make it onto the Atlantis base. Obviously the power levels required were explained, but I was thinking more in regards to the Atlantis iris type thing. I'm guessing as the original Ancient inhabitants fled the base, they would have 'locked down' the base to prevent any Wraith from procuring their technology. Yod think they'd have auto activated the iris as they left to stop the Wraith from simply dialing up Atlantis and walking on in.

Obviously, if this had been the case, it would have eliminated the whole premise of the spinoff series, but it's just something to think about.

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by timmotheus
    Hey guys and girls.

I was just thinking the other night, how did the Atlantis Team even make it onto the Atlantis base. Obviously the power levels required were explained, but I was thinking more in regards to the Atlantis iris type thing. I'm guessing as the original Ancient inhabitants fled the base, they would have 'locked down' the base to prevent any Wraith from procuring their technology. Yod think they'd have auto activated the iris as they left to stop the Wraith from simply dialing up Atlantis and walking on in.

Obviously, if this had been the case, it would have eliminated the whole premise of the spinoff series, but it's just something to think about.

Any thoughts?
    This very question will be answered in "Before I Sleep".
    Spoiler:
    Jonus, an Ancient who built a time device in a puddle jumper met with a version of Doctor Weir who was from a timeline where Atlantis flooded and everyone but her died. She told the remaining Ancients about her expidition, and Jonus set up the failsafe that raised the city, and established a lockout for the Atlantis Gate that would block any incoming wormholes that didn't originate from Earth.

-IMF
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
    X