PDA

View Full Version : The Supernatural Chronicles brainstorming and OOC discussion thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 01:19 PM
okay, so a few of us from the Pit are thinking about starting an SPN rp here on GW and this will be the chatter thread for it.... so far it has been decided that cannical characters are non-playable... other than that, things still need to be decided for story arcs.... all suggestions are welcome!

The Story (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/85074-The-Supernatural-Chronicles-an-SPN-RP)
The Players (http://ayankha.livejournal.com/18684.html)
Non-Playable Characters (NPCs)
Hunters:

The Winchester boys (including John and Adam)
Bobby Singer
Rufus
Ellen and Jo Harville
The Angels:

Castiel
Uriel
Anna
Gabriel
Zachariah
Michael
Rachel
The Monsters:

Ruby
Lilith
Meg
Crowley
Lucifer
Eve
The Alphas
The Horsemen
Misc.

Chuck
Pamela
Tess
Lisa and Ben
Becky

Basic Character Reference Sheet Template
Name:
Species:
Special Abilities: [( if applicable )]

Physical Appearance
Personality
Character Background
[( these three can be interchangable )]

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 01:22 PM
First reply!

Um, can my character be a Winchester sister?

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 01:22 PM
-this post is reserved to add past and current story details once the RP is booming-

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 01:23 PM
First reply!

lol... you've just roped yourself into helping summerize the story periodically for new comers :p

Grace
June 5th, 2012, 01:24 PM
lol... you've just roped yourself into helping summerize the story periodically for new comers :p

*points and laughs at RiG* ;)

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Oops! Okay.:P

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Do we have ideas for what the characters should be or can they be anyone??

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 01:31 PM
All I know is that I want my character to be a Winchester sister...

Grace
June 5th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I've got a stupid question: We make up characters and play with them in the SPN universe? Are we using the SPN characters at all?

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Do we have ideas for what the characters should be or can they be anyone??

I suppose I should elaborate... Do we have to have someone be a "creature" "an angel", etc or can we all be humans and then add the others as neeeded?

Also, what season is this to be in? What's the story arc? How are we going to fit all our favs into fics into one story?? :D

All I know is that I want my character to be a Winchester sister...

:lol: You got it! :D

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I've got a stupid question: We make up characters and play with them in the SPN universe? Are we using the SPN characters at all?

From what I understand - Yes! But we can't "be" them.. We can include them but we can't be like "Hey, I'm Dean!" or something .. Right??

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Also, what season is this to be in? What's the story arc? How are we going to fit all our favs into fics into one story?? :D
Dunno yet...

:lol: You got it! :D
YAY! I already have a name for her too. And a back story. She's been in my head for quite a while.:o

From what I understand - Yes! But we can't "be" them.. We can include them but we can't be like "Hey, I'm Dean!" or something .. Right??
Right.;)

Grace
June 5th, 2012, 01:42 PM
YAY! I already have a name for her too. And a back story. She's been in my head for quite a while.:o

I have one of those too...don't be embarrassed. ;) Mine's an angel actually. ;)

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Dunno yet...

Right.;)

Yay! :)

I want to be a female but I get the feeling that a lot of us will be writing from a female perspective so I kinda want to try being a male character.. But I'm not sure yet.. I'll probably need today to develop said character. :)

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 01:44 PM

See and I kinda have a character because I've tried writing myself into fics so much lately that I have some to choose from.. lol.. Hey! Maybe this will get me to stop writing myself into fics :D :lol:

Grace
June 5th, 2012, 01:45 PM
See and I kinda have a character because I've tried writing myself into fics so much lately that I have some to choose from.. lol.. Hey! Maybe this will get me to stop writing myself into fics :D :lol:

LOL! I understand. You've seen my outline...the SPN I'm brainstorming has me in it. :P

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 01:47 PM
LOL! I understand. You've seen my outline...the SPN I'm brainstorming has me in it. :P

I re-started the one with me in it but this time going from the boys' POV.. :)

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Okay, not embarrassed.:)

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Anyway! Back to the RPG - ;)

So.. We still need to figure out:

1) What season we'll be writing it

2) Story-arc (including what we all want to happen in the fic

3) If there are specific characters we need to have in it (including a variety of males and females)

...Anything else??

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 01:51 PM
How about whether or not it'll be AU? Oh, duh, obviously it's AU.:rolleyes:

Don't mind me, I'll just be...over here...in the Impala.

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 01:53 PM
How about whether or not it'll be AU? Oh, duh, obviously it's AU.:rolleyes:

Don't mind me, I'll just be...over here.

:lol:

Grace
June 5th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Anyway! Back to the RPG - ;)

So.. We still need to figure out:

1) What season we'll be writing it

2) Story-arc (including what we all want to happen in the fic

3) If there are specific characters we need to have in it (including a variety of males and females)

...Anything else??

Lets do season 4 or 5?

As for the other stuff. I have no idea. :P I'm just going to sit back and let you guys figure it out. ;)

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Lets do season 4 or 5?

As for the other stuff. I have no idea. :P I'm just going to sit back and let you guys figure it out. ;)
Sounds good to me!

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Sounds good to me!

I think I like 4 best.. I don't know why but it's one of my favs. :)

As for what we want in the fic?? Well, you know me.. :D I like whumped!Dean and no Wincest; anything other than that, I'm completely open :)

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Gotta fix your spoiler tags there.;)

But, yes, I agree with you.:D

Grace
I think I like 4 best.. I don't know why but it's one of my favs. :)

As for what we want in the fic?? [/spoiler] Well, you know me.. :D I like whumped!Dean and no Wincest; anything other than that, I'm completely open :) [/spoiler]

Can I vote for no romance/shipping at all besides canon stuff? I'm not a slash fan, and I think it would be difficult to do long term relationship stuff in an RPG.

RodneyIsGodney
Can I vote for no romance/shipping at all besides canon stuff? I'm not a slash fan, and I think it would be difficult to do long term relationship stuff in an RPG.
I second the motion!

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I second the motion!

Wait, does that include writing yourself as a friend (close or otherwise) of theirs or no??

Grace
June 5th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Wait, does that include writing yourself as a friend (close or otherwise) of theirs or no??

No, friendships are good, and I think would be encouraged. I'm talking about just the romance side of things.

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 02:07 PM
No, friendships are good, and I think would be encouraged. I'm talking about just the romance side of things.

So you can write yourself as like an old family friend or something though? Cause, I have a feeling that will be me :o Gotta provide Dean some comfort somehow, don't I? I can't let Sam get all the fun :o

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Okay, my character, their sister, has been with them from the get go. At least, in my head canon she has. Is this okay with everyone?

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Okay, my character, their sister, has been with them from the get go. At least, in my head canon she has. Is this okay with everyone?

Yeah, sure. :)

Can I ask you some questions about her?? Cause, right now I'm picturing a bratty little sister and I highly doubt that's who she is.. :S How old is the sister? What's her personality like? Where was she when Sam was off at Stanford?

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Ooh!!

What time of year is this set in??

Are we all okay with everyone writing from a female perspective? Or should one or two of us do male?

Grace
June 5th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Ooh!!

What time of year is this set in??

Are we all okay with everyone writing from a female perspective? Or should one or two of us do male?

I wouldn't mind writing as a guy...but I'd rather be a girl. Since the majority of SPN characters are male, it might be fun to get a more female perspective.

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 02:43 PM
I wouldn't mind writing as a guy...but I'd rather be a girl. Since the majority of SPN characters are male, it might be fun to get a more female perspective.

That's true.. The females are horribly under-represented in SPN. :)

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Yeah, sure. :)
Whew!

Can I ask you some questions about her?? Cause, right now I'm picturing a bratty little sister and I highly doubt that's who she is.. :S How old is the sister? What's her personality like? Where was she when Sam was off at Stanford?

She was born in 1988, but, a whole month premature. Dean was 9 and Sam was 5. She is now 19 or 20 years old. If I've done the math right. Though sometimes I like to de-age her so that might happen in this RPG. As far as her personality goes, well, she's not bratty.;) And, she was with Dean and John (when he was around), hunting.

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I haven't figured out my character yet, just that it's female and a friend of the boys'. :)

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 03:52 PM
wow, i get dragged to do shores and you guys talk up a storm! okay, so then it's decided, we wanna do something pre-apocalypse.... so then do we wanna do something before Lucifer rises? i think i read you guys were set on something s4ish? i can work Sarah into that... i'd have to change her bio a bit, but it could work.... if we want some more male characters, i can pick up an extra.... i've RP'd from multiple perspectives before....

and we are agreed no cannical characters, right? so that means no one who we are familiar with from the show can be played, but they can make cameos.... i'll update our opening post with a list of NPCs.....

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 03:54 PM
wow, i get dragged to do shores and you guys talk up a storm! okay, so then it's decided, we wanna do something pre-apocalypse.... so then do we wanna do something before Lucifer rises? i think i read you guys were set on something s4ish? i can work Sarah into that... i'd have to change her bio a bit, but it could work.... if we want some more male characters, i can pick up an extra.... i've RP'd from multiple perspectives before....

and we are agreed no cannical characters, right? so that means no one who we are familiar with from the show can be played, but they can make cameos.... i'll update our opening post with a list of NPCs.....

Yep, season 4 so pre-Lucifer rising, etc..

Wait, that means that we can't write from the canon's perspective but we can include them right??

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 04:13 PM
to answer your question, yes.... for example, my Sarah was trained by Rufus, and we've seen on the show how just about everyone in the hunting community knows Bobby.... so if there's info that needs to be gathered, i will have my Sarah call one of them or both, but they aren't the main focus of my posts....

GW's acting weird and won't let my edit my posts right nao, so i've got that list of NPCs ready and i'm gonna post it here.... maybe in an hour or so, i'll be able to put it up there....

Non-Playable Characters (NPCs)
Hunters:
The Winchester boys (including John and Adam)
Bobby Singer
Rufus
Ellen and Jo Harville
The Angels:
Castiel
Uriel
Anna
Gabriel
Zachariah
Michael
Rachel
The Monsters:
Ruby
Lilith
Meg
Crowley
Lucifer
Eve
The Alphas
The Horsemen[/i]
Misc.
[list]Chuck
Pamela
Tess
Lisa and Ben

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 04:15 PM
How well does Sarah know the Winchesters?? I'm trying to make sure we each have a different "connection" with the boys. :)

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 04:21 PM
reputation only.... she's never met them... the few times she's had to stop by Bobby's, the boys weren't there... there was twice they almost crossed paths at the Roadhouse, but each time she missed them by a day or so....

Gatefan1976
June 5th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Umm
Just out of curiosity, why don't you folks use an established RPG system, say, this one:http://www.scribd.com/doc/75855125/Supernatural-RPG
and then use something like skype or Ventrillo and play in "real time"?

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 04:24 PM
reputation only.... she's never met them... the few times she's had to stop by Bobby's, the boys weren't there... there was twice they almost crossed paths at the Roadhouse, but each time she missed them by a day or so....

K, thanks. :)

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Umm
Just out of curiosity, why don't you folks use an established RPG system, say, this one:http://www.scribd.com/doc/75855125/Supernatural-RPG

Because this is more "fiction writing" than it is an actual game. :)

Right, everyone? I'm not alone in that thought am I?

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Umm

b/c we're fanfic writers and are using this as way to ease writers block in b/t chapters/fics :p

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 04:28 PM
b/c we're fanfic writers and are using this as way to ease writers block in b/t chapters/fics :p

Plus, finding time for us ALL to be able to Skype would be a PITA. :)

Gatefan1976
June 5th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Fair enough :)

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 04:33 PM
yea... there is that... besides, have you ever freeform RP'd? the only rules are the ones you make up

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Fair enough :)

:) Did you want to join?

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 04:34 PM
yea... there is that... besides, have you ever freeform RP'd? the only rules are the ones you make up

I like making up my own rules, ;) :lol:

Gatefan1976
June 5th, 2012, 04:35 PM

Of course I have :lol:

Gatefan1976
June 5th, 2012, 04:36 PM
:) Did you want to join?

Not my kind of thing I'm afraid, I am very much an old skool pen and paper RPG'er :P
Still, I will watch and read with interest. :)

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Not my kind of thing I'm afraid, I am very much an old skool pen and paper RPG'er :P

Good to know we'll have a captured audience :)

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 04:40 PM

stalker :p

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Because this is more "fiction writing" than it is an actual game. :)

Right, everyone? I'm not alone in that thought am I?
You are absolutely right!

And besides, not everyone has a skype account or is familiar with it. Like me for example.:o

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 04:57 PM
You are absolutely right!

And besides, not everyone has a skype account or is familiar with it. Like me for example.:o

Me either ;)

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 04:59 PM
i have skype, but i rarely use it

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't know how to use it!

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't know how to use it!

My husband's used it once for work but other than, I haven't touched the thing. :)

Anyways? Back to the fic, shall we?? :D

What time of year do we want this in?? Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter or somewhere in between two?

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 05:17 PM
i say if we're doing s4, we might as well start at the beginning

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 05:21 PM
i say if we're doing s4, we might as well start at the beginning

Which always starts when exactly?? This will be my first year watching it as it comes out so I don't know when the series usually starts. :) And what do you mean start from the beginning?? Take each of our characters through the entire season, starting with them learning that Dean has come out of Hell?? Cause, that seems a bit too much to me but it could be just me.. :S

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 05:28 PM
well the season always premieres in fall... not saying everyone needs to be aware that dean's back from hell, or even that he went in the first place, but let's say your character knows pamela and decides to stop by for a visit.... her blindness would still be fairly recent....

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Well, I think S4 started in September seeing as the date on the newspaper Dean picked up at the gas station said Sept 18.

However, S8 doesn't start until OCTOBER!!!

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 05:34 PM
well the season always premieres in fall... not saying everyone needs to be aware that dean's back from hell, or even that he went in the first place, but let's say your character knows pamela and decides to stop by for a visit.... her blindness would still be fairly recent....

Okay, so we're writing our own story-arc/line but semi-following along with Season 4's??

That's way less elaborate than I thought we would be doing! lol I thought we were all writing a non-canon fic with a basic plot-line but nothing more or something like that.. :S

But what would the overall story-arc be then? Would we be continuing until the end of the 4th season or would we be stopping at a point halfway to that or far after that or far before that? Would our story arc be season 4's story arc or would it be completely different?

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Well, I think S4 started in September seeing as the date on the newspaper Dean picked up at the gas station said Sept 18.

However, S8 doesn't start until OCTOBER!!!

What?????!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Okay, so we're writing our own story-arc/line but semi-following along with Season 4's??

That's way less elaborate than I thought we would be doing! lol I thought we were all writing a non-canon fic with a basic plot-line but nothing more or something like that.. :S
Yeah, was thinking the same thing.

But what would the overall story-arc be then? Would we be continuing until the end of the 4th season or would we be stopping at a point halfway to that or far after that or far before that? Would our story arc be season 4's story arc or would it be completely different?
I was kinda hoping for something different otherwise we'd just be re-writing the episodes, no?

What?????!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately.:(

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 05:53 PM
yea... SPN usually starts in sept, but this year, they pushed it back a month :mckay:

we're hunters who notice an increase in demon activity and omens... eventually we'll run thru s4 and into s5 but let's not think about that nao since we haven't even started.... well i say hunters, but you can play as demons or angels too if you want....

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Yeah, was thinking the same thing.

I was kinda hoping for something different otherwise we'd just be re-writing the episodes, no?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately.:(

our story would run concurrent with the season, with refs to certain occaisions like Samhain, but we wouldn't actually be re-writing the season....

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 06:04 PM
our story would run concurrent with the season, with refs to certain occaisions like Samhain, but we wouldn't actually be re-writing the season....
Gotcha.;)

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 06:15 PM
so then, any kind of monster lore discussed/explored in SPN is our cannon.... any major event, such as the big seals breaking, are fixed points in time.... we all know or know of the Winchesters and everyone knows Bobby Singer.... whether your character knows the Harvilles or any other recurring character we've met on the show is up to you.... agreed?

Grace
June 5th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Ok, this all sounds awesome!! :D When should we have character profiles down? Are all our characters going to be interacting with each other, or is just a bunch of individual storylines written during the same time in season4?

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 06:26 PM
so then, any kind of monster lore discussed/explored in SPN is our cannon.... any major event, such as the big seals breaking, are fixed points in time.... we all know or know of the Winchesters and everyone knows Bobby Singer.... whether your character knows the Harvilles or any other recurring character we've met on the show is up to you.... agreed?
A-greed!:D

Ok, this all sounds awesome!! :D When should we have character profiles down? Are all our characters going to be interacting with each other, or is just a bunch of individual storylines written during the same time in season4?
Good questions.

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 06:28 PM

What if I don't want my character to know Bobby Singer? What if I just want her to know the boys and that's it?

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 06:37 PM
What if I don't want my character to know Bobby Singer? What if I just want her to know the boys and that's it?
I don't see a problem with that.

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I don't see a problem with that.

Okay, well then I don't agree with Lilith's proposal that way. :S Which is why I asked.. :)

I gotta admit, I'm a little confused about the story as a whole (like story arc wise and such) but maybe once we get writing, I'll figure it out??

And, yes, I agree that Grace's questions are good ones :)

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Okay, well then I don't agree with Lilith's proposal that way. :S Which is why I asked.. :)
And it never hurts to ask.;)

I gotta admit, I'm a little confused about the story as a whole (like story arc wise and such) but maybe once we get writing, I'll figure it out??
I'm not too clear on it myself, I'll admit. But, like you, I'm sure I'll get it when writing begins. If not a tad bit sooner.

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 06:54 PM
And it never hurts to ask.;)

I'm not too clear on it myself, I'll admit. But, like you, I'm sure I'll get it when writing begins. If not a tad bit sooner.

Yeah, I just... I dunno.. I mean, I get that we're generally following the season 4 story line but what is our arc otherwise?? We're just four characters wandering through the story line, adding whatever we want to it?? Making up cases as we go?

Grace
June 5th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I just... I dunno.. I mean, I get that we're generally following the season 4 story line but what is our arc otherwise?? We're just four characters wandering through the story line, adding whatever we want to it?? Making up cases as we go?

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering.

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm wondering.

I was worried it was just me, lol.. I'm a hands-on type of person so I tend to need to do things in order to understand them. :)

Grace
June 5th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I was worried it was just me, lol.. I'm a hands-on type of person so I tend to need to do things in order to understand them. :)

I was thinking...maybe we each have a bit of 'alone time". Introducing our characters and such...and then have them meet and go from there? Just an idea...

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 07:06 PM
That's an idea.

Yeah, same with me.:)

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 07:09 PM
I was thinking...maybe we each have a bit of 'alone time". Introducing our characters and such...and then have them meet and go from there? Just an idea...

How would we write all our characters meeting though?? Ooh! Would they work together on a case??

Gatefan1976
June 5th, 2012, 07:17 PM
How would we write all our characters meeting though?? Ooh! Would they work together on a case??

It's usually the way it works in most RPG's :)

Or at a pub.

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Sounds good.

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Sounds good.

But how does the logistics of that work out??

See? confused! lol

Gatefan1976
June 5th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Do any of you want to have previous knowledge of eachother before you start?
You could have a 2 person team dynamic going to start with, and then introduce the other 2 in fights or something?

On the trail of the same beastie, but find eachother at different times?

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 07:31 PM
But how does the logistics of that work out??
Don't know.

See? confused! lol
Sorry.

You could have a 2 person team dynamic going to start with, and then introduce the other 2 in fights or something?

My character has knowledge of Bobby, that's a given. But as far as knowledge of the other characters, um, not sure. I'll go with whatever you guys decide.;)

Gatefan1976
June 5th, 2012, 07:32 PM
My character has knowledge of Bobby, that's a given. But as far as knowledge of the other characters, um, not sure. I'll go with whatever you guys decide.;)

I'm just a observer in this :)

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Fascinating.

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 07:46 PM

I like that idea.. In fact, I like this entire idea of all of us getting together to work a case but I'm confused on how things like dialogue would work, you know?

Gatefan1976
Fascinating.

RPG's are a Loooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggg time hobby of mine, SPN is a show I enjoy, hence it piqued my interest. Fan fic writing is not however.
I'm happy to "bounce idea's", or whatever, but writing is not my strong suit :P

m&mnm317

A helpful one at that ;)

Gatefan1976
June 5th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I like that idea.. In fact, I like this entire idea of all of us getting together to work a case but I'm confused on how things like dialogue would work, you know?

Perhaps you coud do the first in a "diary entry" format? that way even though you guys will have to co-op on the actual guts of the story, you keep an individual perspective?

Edit
I realise you are all ladies, but "guy" is pretty generic in my expression :)

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Perhaps you coud do the first in a "diary entry" format? that way even though you uys will have to co-op on the actual guts of the story, you keep an individual perspective?

Um... Okay, perhaps I'm too tired to try and work out logistics because even that made no sense to me and i know you make sense in general :lol:

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 07:55 PM
RPG's are a Loooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggg time hobby of mine, SPN is a show I enjoy, hence it piqued my interest. Fan fic writing is not however.
I'm happy to "bounce idea's", or whatever, but writing is not my strong suit :P
I was just playing off your sig. You know, Spock, fascinating?

I'm with m&m on the diary suggestion.:beckettanime14:

Gatefan1976
June 5th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Um... Okay, perhaps I'm too tired to try and work out logistics because even that made no sense to me and i know you make sense in general :lol:

Ok
You decide collectively what your first mission will be as a group, perhaps a standard ghost haunting etc, you collectively decide how each character performs/acts in "group situations", but for the rest, it is written from your onw characters POV.

For example:
Lets say 2 characters DO know eachother, they hook up for some strangeness, on the way they encounter Character 3. (like the initial introduction to Rufus and the boys), now, the 2 character "initial team" will have to collaborate more, until the meet character 3, then they collaborate a bit, leaving character 3 to write thier own backstory until they meet Characters 1 and 2. Then, for the sake of argument, Character 4 has been captured by the beasty, they have a free hand until characters 1-3 turn up and "rescue" them (and perform the usual "are you a monster" tests on them.

Something like that would give you a foundation for *knowing* eachother, but not nesseserily *working* togeather all the time, and you could go off and write your own individual stories.

Make Sense?

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Make Sense?

Yes, thank you. :) I still see dialogue being hard but it at least makes sense now. :)

Gatefan1976
June 5th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Yes, thank you. :) I still see dialogue being hard but it at least makes sense now. :)

I just thought of a SPN example.

Remember when the boys were explaining what was happening seperatly to (Bobby??) and the incident with the "Purple Nurple" occoured? Dean (thought) was all suave and trying to get info, and Sam saw it as him hitting on some co-ed?
Same deal.
You have "core events", but each character can see it though thier own eyes.

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I just thought of a SPN example.

Remember when the boys were explaining what was happening seperatly to (Bobby??) and the incident with the "Purple Nurple" occoured? Dean (thought) was all suave and trying to get info, and Sam saw it as him hitting on some co-ed?
Same deal.
You have "core events", but each character can see it though thier own eyes.

Good example :)

Gatefan1976
June 5th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Good example :)
I take it it makes more sense now then :D

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 08:39 PM
I take it it makes more sense now then :D

Yes. :D

Grace
June 5th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I love the ideas here! :D Should we try to get some character profiles down soon so we can figure out things?

My character is going to be an angel, I can tell you that. :)

Gatefan1976
June 5th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I love the ideas here! :D Should we try to get some character profiles down soon so we can figure out things?

My character is going to be an angel, I can tell you that. :)

What type of Angel?

Grace
June 5th, 2012, 10:37 PM
What type of Angel?

A big one. ;)

I'm thinking just another soldier angel, maybe a level below Cas.

Gatefan1976
June 5th, 2012, 10:41 PM
A big one. ;)

I'm thinking just another soldier angel, maybe a level below Cas.

So a Seraph?

Grace
June 5th, 2012, 10:42 PM
So a Seraph?

Yeah, that's the proper term. I haven't really decided 100% yet.

Gatefan1976
June 5th, 2012, 10:49 PM
I wonder what a being on the level of a Seraphim would *do* in a story such as this?
Lets face it, one click of the fingers or a well placed hand and Demons just go bye-bye. Perhaps a Cherub would be a better "starting point"?

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Okay, I understand a bit better now. Thank you Gatefan.:)

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 07:36 AM
So, do we right up our character profiles and post them in here randomly? Or, should we PM them to Lilith to be posted at the beginning of the thread? Either way is fine with me.;)

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 08:11 AM
So, do we right up our character profiles and post them in here randomly? Or, should we PM them to Lilith to be posted at the beginning of the thread? Either way is fine with me.;)

I think having them be in a master list of some sort would be good.. I still have to figure out who my character is.. :S

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 08:31 AM

every person has their own story and/or intro into the world and we all will eventually meet.... sometimes we'll ride together for a bit, sometimes it just might be a chance encounter on a hunt.....

sorry, didn't mean to make that sound mandatory.... it just seems like every hunter/psychic/people in the know know bobby.... if you don't want to actually know him, that's fine....

idt i'll be able to get everyone's character profiles in one post b/c of character length restrictions... i mean four might not be a problem, but if along the way we pick up new players.... so we can do this one of two ways.... just post your character profiles here and then i can link them into the opening post, or you can PM them to me and i'll post them to my LJ and then link that here.....

i've also decided that since Grace wants to be an Angel, and RiG and M are leaning towards hunters, as DM i'll play demons/monsters.... Sarah can sit on the back burner for now.... this way we'll have a more rounded cast....

GF, since you're an observer, want a more active role? i'm sure you've got gaming dice laying around somewhere.... if you want, create your own random situation generator and give us our hunts... i only ask b/c you're the table top gamer and have more exp in it than i do, namely none :p

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 08:44 AM
idt i'll be able to get everyone's character profiles in one post b/c of character length restrictions... i mean four might not be a problem, but if along the way we pick up new players.... so we can do this one of two ways.... just post your character profiles here and then i can link them into the opening post, or you can PM them to me and i'll post them to my LJ and then link that here.....
This sounds good to me. I'll get to working on mine.

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 08:47 AM
This sounds good to me. I'll get to working on mine.

I need to do the same. :S And soon.

Grace
June 6th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I wonder what a being on the level of a Seraphim would *do* in a story such as this?
Lets face it, one click of the fingers or a well placed hand and Demons just go bye-bye. Perhaps a Cherub would be a better "starting point"?
I think that's a good idea, I guess. I'll figure out a situation to make her weaker than a full angel...I have a couple ideas. :)
Thanks for your input. :)

I think having them be in a master list of some sort would be good.. I still have to figure out who my character is.. :S
Yeah...me too.

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 09:10 AM
i'm posting a character sheet template back in the beginning.... i'll put it here too, if you don't wanna jump back to the beginning....

Name:
Species:
Special Abilities: [( if applicable )]

Physical Appearance
Personality
Character Background

[( these three can be interchangable )]

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 09:15 AM
oh hey Grace! i had an idea.... if you don't want to be an all-powerful angel, you could be a fallen one like Anna....

Grace
June 6th, 2012, 09:30 AM
oh hey Grace! i had an idea.... if you don't want to be an all-powerful angel, you could be a fallen one like Anna....

Yeah, that's an idea...I just didn't want to copy the Anna story. I'm thinking of making her severely injured or something like that...working on it. :D

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Hi grace! Like your idea!

Thanks for the template Lilith!

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 10:00 AM
How full does the bio have to be?? Cause I've reached the point where I could pretty much begin writing my character's portion of the fic :S

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 10:15 AM
How full does the bio have to be?? Cause I've reached the point where I could pretty much begin writing my character's portion of the fic :S

just a general basic idea so we know what direction you want your character to go

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 10:17 AM
just a general basic idea so we know what direction you want your character to go

In that case - I think I'm done. :)

My Character Bio (in spoilers so it doesn't take up a lot of room) -

Name: Maraiah Parish
Species: Human
Special Abilities: N/A
Physical Appearance: Honey brown eyes, Dark brown hair (long and thick), petite and slender with Mochaccino skin-tone
Personality: Caring and over-sympathetic (towards those she cares about), cold and distant (to those she uses), sarcastic, and flirtatious
Character Background:

Born in Arizona, Maraiah's a sandals, jeans and tank top kind of girl who thought nothing could touch her. She quickly found out that she had been wrong the day her parents were murdered for what little cash they had in their wallets. She had only been twelve at the time but she'd grown up that day. Without any siblings to take care of or to take care of her, she was relocated to her Uncle's house in Denver where the mystery of her parent's killer ate her alive.

By the time she turned eighteen, Maraiah had gotten in some martial arts and weapons training. She hadn't been close to a master of either, but her instincts were good during a fight and they often served her well enough that she never saw reason to improve.

With the support of her Uncle, Maraiah set off in search of her parent's killer. She lied, cheated, hustled, and prostituted her way through the journey, never batting an eye the next morning when she woke up and slipped out before the man or woman woke up enough to want something else.

While on a lead in Iowa, she came across a crime scene that looked nothing like what she had been looking for but since she'd needed to build up some supplies (namely money), she'd stuck around and tried to solve it. Bout half way through, she discovered two things: 1) this case was way out of her league; and 2) there are two men, brothers to be exact, who deal with these types of things and they are friggin smokin'!

After solving a case that dealt with a demon of all things and sleeping with Dean once or twice, or three times, the three parted ways with putting each others' numbers in their phones for just in cases.

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 10:43 AM
nice M... very Batman origins :p

Grace
June 6th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Love your character, M! Excited to see her in action. :D

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 10:51 AM
nice M... very Batman origins :p

Thanks!

:D My favorite superhero ;)

I figured it would have to be something extreme in order to make her act as cold and distant as she does. :)

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Love your character, M! Excited to see her in action. :D

Hm..Yeah, that's not gonna be fun, lol.. I suck at writing fight scenes :)

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Thanks!

:D My favorite superhero ;)

I figured it would have to be something extreme in order to make her act as cold and distant as she does. :)

all the best superheroes are orphans :p

so do i.... i always, always, always stall on fight scenes.... even when i have nice healthy muse backing my corner.....

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 10:58 AM
so do i.... i always, always, always stall on fight scenes.... even when i have nice healthy muse backing my corner.....

Me too.. I think it's because I actually don't fight so I have trouble picturing it in my head.. :S

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Me too.. I think it's because I actually don't fight so I have trouble picturing it in my head.. :S

yea... probably... and no amount of martial arts movies playing the background help....

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 11:16 AM
yea... probably... and no amount of martial arts movies playing the background help....

Yeah.. Anyways.. We'll see how it goes. :)

Where exactly are we starting in the fic?? Wherever we want or is there a basic premise?

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Yeah, like, before or after Dean comes back from Hell. If we discussed this already I forget.:o

I thought I did too but...then I wrote this big fight between my character and another in the SGA RPG I linked to and I think I could probably do it again. If I had to.

I'm still working on my character bio.:o

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I thought I did too but...then I wrote this big fight between my character and another in the SGA RPG I linked to and I think I could probably do it again. If I had to.

I think if I had someone to help work a scene out, it would be easier but we'll see. :) I mean, I know everyone will be busy writing their own thing and such. ;)

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 11:36 AM
GF, since you're an observer, want a more active role? i'm sure you've got gaming dice laying around somewhere.... if you want, create your own random situation generator and give us our hunts... i only ask b/c you're the table top gamer and have more exp in it than i do, namely none :p

"Random situation Generator" ROFL :lol:
I could give it a go, sure.
Qestion though. Your setting is the begining of S4, correct? Does that mean that your charcters will be dealing with the "side effecs" of what Sam and Dean do during S4? or will what they do have virtually no impact on you folks storyline?

Grace
June 6th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Yeah, like, before or after Dean comes back from Hell. If we discussed this already I forget.:o

I'm still working on my character bio.:o

I'm working on my bio too. Like M, I can't decide where to stop on the background...its like I'm going into the story already. I guess I'm using it as a kind of outline.

I think we were going to start after Dean comes back...but I'm assuming if you wanted to write part of yours in the time before he comes back, that's perfectly fine too.

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 12:03 PM

we haven't.... i was thinking along the lines of around the same time.... but you can have a few hunts from before... stories of chasing down leads for sam or something like that if you want....

"Random situation Generator" ROFL :lol:
I could give it a go, sure.
Qestion though. Your setting is the begining of S4, correct? Does that mean that your charcters will be dealing with the "side effecs" of what Sam and Dean do during S4? or will what they do have virtually no impact on you folks storyline?

some of it will be dealing with Winchester fallout.... but there'll just be times where we'll stall and can't figure out what kind of hunt we wanna be on.... that's where you come in.... but mostly we'll be dealing with demons and omens and in grace's case, angels trying to hunt her, maybe.... depending on what she decides for her character bio....

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 12:12 PM
some of it will be dealing with Winchester fallout.... but there'll just be times where we'll stall and can't figure out what kind of hunt we wanna be on.... that's where you come in.... but mostly we'll be dealing with demons and omens and in grace's case, angels trying to hunt her, maybe.... depending on what she decides for her character bio....

Sure, I can do that. :)

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I think if I had someone to help work a scene out, it would be easier but we'll see. :) I mean, I know everyone will be busy writing their own thing and such. ;)
I had help with my fight scene, mostly it was the other girl telling me what injuries she wanted her character to incur on my behalf. I was only too happy to oblige.:D

I'm working on my bio too. Like M, I can't decide where to stop on the background...its like I'm going into the story already. I guess I'm using it as a kind of outline.
Mine is coming along slowly, my problem isn't where to stop it's working out the details. There are things I haven't even thought of yet so I'm kinda winging it.

I think we were going to start after Dean comes back...but I'm assuming if you wanted to write part of yours in the time before he comes back, that's perfectly fine too.
I kind think I want to write something taking place exactly when Dean comes back, like being there at his grave (without Sam) at the moment he digs himself out. I've had this idea in my head for a few weeks now and would love to write it.

Grace
June 6th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Mine is coming along slowly, my problem isn't where to stop it's working out the details. There are things I haven't even thought of yet so I'm kinda winging it.
Mine is done. I wanted M to read it through to make sure it didn't sound dumb, but she disappeared on me. :P

I kind think I want to write something taking place exactly when Dean comes back, like being there at his grave (without Sam) at the moment he digs himself out. I've had this idea in my head for a few weeks now and would love to write it.
Cool! Go for it!

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Mine is done. I wanted M to read it through to make sure it didn't sound dumb, but she disappeared on me. :P

Sorry!!!! *runs to email*

Grace
June 6th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Sorry!!!! *runs to email*
Hehe. No worries. ;)

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 12:39 PM

I'm actually quite sad I didn't think of that idea :lol:

Grace
June 6th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Character bio:
Name: Kadiel

Species: Angel

Special Abilities: Will be revealed

Physical Appearance: Pure light. Vessel is in her early 20s, shoulder length auburn hair, green-blue eyes, pale skin, tall and well proportionate.

Personality: Professional and stoic until her faith is shaken. Now she questions her purpose and tries to figure out who she is. Loyal to her siblings, protective over humans.

Character Background: Kadiel was attacked by an unknown force (will turn out to be Uriel’s henchmen sent to get her out of the way, but the attack is blamed on Lilith). Her vessel was destroyed, but she manages to get away, severely injured. She needs a new vessel and out of desperation, appears to the vessel without the entire courting process.

Lily, the chosen vessel, is a single nobody, trying to make a name for herself as a songwriter in Los Anglos. She ran away from her family after she was the driver in a terrible car accident that had killed her little sister. Lily has the ability to see and hear the angel without consequence, and warily decides to let Kadiel in, figuring she has nothing to lose.

Kadiel, weak and dying, cannot take control, so Lily is left with a broken angel in her mind and no idea what to do. Kadiel recedes in order to heal, as well as try to hide from the beings that want her dead, but she leaves one name in Lily’s mind: Castiel. Lily has a hard time coping with the pain of having a broken angel. She doesn’t know what that means, but feels vulnerable in her rundown apartment, like she’s being watched. Lily struggles with what to do next, so she runs to the bank and takes out all the money in her account, all $723 of it. She jumps in her car and starts driving east.

She stops at a gas station in Arizona to pop some more pain pills and fill up the tank, when she’s surrounded by people with black eyes. She stammers and tries to get away, but one grabs her. Suddenly Castiel shows up, taking out all the demons, leaving Lily speechless and scared. Cas realizes that Kadiel is not in control, and must be kept safe. He asks Dean if he knows a place. Cas brings Lily/Kadiel to Bobby’s house.

What do you think?
It seems kinda like an outline, and I'm not sure which parts I'm going to write, and which I'm going to flashback to.

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Character bio:
Physical Appearance: Pure light. Vessel is in her early 20s, shoulder length auburn hair, green-blue eyes, pale skin, tall and well proportionate.
Personality: Professional and stoic until her faith is shaken. Now she questions her purpose and tries to figure out who she is. Loyal to her siblings, protective over humans.
Character Background: Kadiel was attacked by an unknown force (will turn out to be Uriel’s henchmen sent to get her out of the way, but the attack is blamed on Lilith). Her vessel was destroyed, but she manages to get away, severely injured. She needs a new vessel and out of desperation, appears to the vessel without the entire courting process.
Lily, the chosen vessel, is a single nobody, trying to make a name for herself as a songwriter in Los Anglos. She ran away from her family after she was the driver in a terrible car accident that had killed her little sister. Lily has the ability to see and hear the angel without consequence, and warily decides to let Kadiel in, figuring she has nothing to lose.
Kadiel, weak and dying, cannot take control, so Lily is left with a broken angel in her mind and no idea what to do. Kadiel recedes in order to heal, as well as try to hide from the beings that want her dead, but she leaves one name in Lily’s mind: Castiel. Lily has a hard time coping with the pain of having a broken angel. She doesn’t know what that means, but feels vulnerable in her rundown apartment, like she’s being watched. Lily struggles with what to do next, so she runs to the bank and takes out all the money in her account, all $723 of it. She jumps in her car and starts driving east.
She stops at a gas station in Arizona to pop some more pain pills and fill up the tank, when she’s surrounded by people with black eyes. She stammers and tries to get away, but one grabs her. Suddenly Castiel shows up, taking out all the demons, leaving Lily speechless and scared. Cas realizes that Kadiel is not in control, and must be kept safe. He asks Dean if he knows a place. Cas brings Lily/Kadiel to Bobby’s house.

What do you think?
It seems kinda like an outline, and I'm not sure which parts I'm going to write, and which I'm going to flashback to.

Could you do me a nitpicky favor?? Could you separate your paragraphs so that it's easier to read?? :S

Grace
June 6th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Could you do me a nitpicky favor?? Could you separate your paragraphs so that it's easier to read?? :S
No problem. Didn't really think about it. :)

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 12:48 PM
No problem. Didn't really think about it. :)

Thanks ;)

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 01:32 PM
*gasps* The Nerve!:P

Oh, and I like your Angel character!

Cool! Go for it!
I think I will!

I'm actually quite sad I didn't think of that idea :lol:
Sorry. I'm kinda psyched about the idea myself.:D

God, I feel like I'm never gonna get my bio done! I keep on getting distracted.:o Guess I shouldn't be watching TV while writing it huh?:rolleyes:

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 01:34 PM
God, I feel like I'm never gonna get my bio done! I keep on getting distracted.:o Guess I shouldn't be watching TV while writing it huh?:rolleyes:

I've been uploading pics to my PB for the last couple of hours (I also have to go through the folders and weed through the pics I don't want ;)) so other than my bio, I haven't been doing anything in the form of writing. :)

Grace
June 6th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Oh, and I like your Angel character!
Thanks! :) I was kinda nervous about her, hopefully it works out. :)

You can do it!! *cheerleader high kick*

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Character bio:

What do you think?

sounds awesome Grace! i look forward to seeing what you decide

i think i'm gonna keep my demon character a mystery... give us a bit suspense

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 02:10 PM
I've been uploading pics to my PB for the last couple of hours (I also have to go through the folders and weed through the pics I don't want ;)) so other than my bio, I haven't been doing anything in the form of writing. :)
Wow! That sounds like a lot of work!

Thanks! :) I was kinda nervous about her, hopefully it works out. :)
I know it will!

You can do it!! *cheerleader high kick*
I think I can! I think I can!

Oooh, I love suspense!:D

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 02:15 PM
okay... lastly, we need a title.... what are we gonna call our little RPfic?

Grace
June 6th, 2012, 02:19 PM

Thanks, Lilith. :)
Ooh, a mystery? I like that. This could be fun. :D

okay... lastly, we need a title.... what are we gonna call our little RPfic?
The Most Awesomest SPN RPG Ever.
Anybody? hehe. ;)

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 02:20 PM

this may help:http://www.scribd.com/doc/49567165/1998-WW2300-Vampire-the-Masquerade-Revised-Edition
(pages 100-101)

It gives some "bare bones" questions gamers often ask themselves when initially concieving of thier character. These are more Vampire orientated (SHOCKINGLY!! :D ) but the questions are pretty common across most RPGS.

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 02:48 PM
this may help:http://www.scribd.com/doc/49567165/1998-WW2300-Vampire-the-Masquerade-Revised-Edition
(pages 100-101)

It gives some "bare bones" questions gamers often ask themselves when initially concieving of thier character. These are more Vampire orientated (SHOCKINGLY!! :D ) but the questions are pretty common across most RPGS.
Thanks. I'll give it a look-see.;)

Titles... You (we) can check out the Supernatural Episode Titles Ideas (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/77424-Supernatural-Episode-Title-ideas) thread, there may be some inspiration there!

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Wow! That sounds like a lot of work!

It is but it's what also allowed me to get over 800 pics :)

I suck at titles so whatever you guys think, okay :D

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Wait, so, can we go ahead and begin? Are all of us basically writing a "small" part that will be our character's intro, on our own w/o worry about where everyone else is at? Is there a time (week, month) limit? Are we going to go out on our own then reconvene at a certain date and see how things are progressing??

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 03:14 PM
A few Iron Maiden songs that might be good
(I noticed that most of the titles in that thread were songs)

Hallowed be thy Name
Heaven can wait
Seventh son of a Seventh Son
Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter (interesting considering you are all ladies)
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Dance of Death
Fear of the Dark
From Here to Eternity
King of Twilight
Out of the Shadows
Powerslave
Sign of the Cross
The Angel and the Gambler
The Educated Fool
The Evil that men Do
The Number of the Beast
The Wicker Man
Two minutes to midnight
Wrathchild

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Yeah, most of those titles were taken from songs...

How about...The Supernatural Chronicles?

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 03:33 PM
hmm, there are four of you, an Angel, a hunter, a Demon and somthing else

Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me.

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 03:44 PM

This works for me. :)

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 03:48 PM
This works for me. :)
YAY!

I also thought of "The Winchester Gospel". It's what Cas called Chucks Supernatural books. But I think I like my first suggestion better.

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 03:53 PM
YAY!

I also thought of "The Winchester Gospel". It's what Cas called Chucks Supernatural books. But I think I like my first suggestion better.

Yeah, I like the Supernatural Chronicles better.. :)

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 03:53 PM
hmm, there are four of you, an Angel, a hunter, a Demon and somthing else

Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me.

ooh... i might use that....

hm.... i was thinking something more catchy, but that works....

YAY!

but you're the only Winchester in the story....

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 04:32 PM
hm.... i was thinking something more catchy, but that works....
Oh. Um, sorry. :o

but you're the only Winchester in the story....
Which is why I like my first suggestion better. And, I'm not the only Winchester in the story. You're forgetting Dean and Sam are in it too.;)

Grace
June 6th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Awesome ideas all! :D

And I guess we could always title out chapters too...

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Oh, you did originally say "some of us from the pit" didn't you Lilith?

How about
Tales from the pit?

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 05:21 PM
oh! we could call it 99 Seals.... or rather The Supernatural Chronicals: 99 Seals atleast, while we're in s4

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Awesome ideas all! :D

And I guess we could always title out chapters too...
Hey, that's a great idea!:D

oh! we could call it 99 Seals.... or rather The Supernatural Chronicals: 99 Seals atleast, while we're in s4
Why 99?

Grace
June 6th, 2012, 05:23 PM

That's cool! :D Except isn't it 66 Seals? Or are we trying to be different?

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 05:27 PM
That's cool! :D Except isn't it 66 Seals? Or are we trying to be different?
That's what I want to know! I like it too btw.;)

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 05:39 PM
IIRC there were many seals, but only a certain number had to be broken, either way, it's your story, go with what you like :)

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 05:44 PM
*headdesk* yea, i meant 66.... sorry, i'm distracted by Fantastic 4.... Mmm... Chris Evans in spandex

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I think I like Out of the Pit better than 99 Seals.

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I think I like Out of the Pit better than 99 Seals.
So...

The Supernatural Chronicles: Tales From The Pit?

Or...

Tales From The Pit: The Supernatural Chronicles?

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 05:49 PM
ooh! i like that too!

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 05:51 PM
So...

The Supernatural Chronicles: Tales From The Pit?

Or...

Tales From The Pit: The Supernatural Chronicles?

The Supernatural Chronicles: From Out of the Pit

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 05:58 PM

That one works. :)

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Oy, were not gonna have a title until tomorrow are we?:P Not Bad by the way.:)

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Oy, were not gonna have a title until tomorrow are we?:P Not Bad by the way.:)

Probably not, :lol:

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 06:07 PM
IMHO ONLY.
Drop the "from", it's clunky in this circumstance

From Out of the Pit- The Supernatural Chronicles.
The Supernatural Chronicles- Out of the Pit.

(by choice I would say the second is better as you are dealing with S4 when Dean does come "out of the pit", but meh, up to you folks :) )

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 06:09 PM
IMHO ONLY.
Drop the "from", it's clunky in this circumstance

From Out of the Pit- The Supernatural Chronicles.
The Supernatural Chronicles- Out of the Pit.

(by choice I would say the second is better as you are dealing with S4 when Dean does come "out of the pit", but meh, up to you folks :) )
Sounds good to me!

Oh, and I'm still working on my bio. Darn thing is giving me trouble! GAH!

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 06:10 PM
okay, so we're down to TSC: 66 Seals and TSC: Out of the Pit for our first season

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 06:12 PM
okay, so we're down to TSC: 66 Seals and TSC: From Out of the Pit for our first season

I like Gatefan's suggestion of TSC: Out of the Pit.. So that's my vote. :D

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I like Gatefan's suggestion of TSC: Out of the Pit.. So that's my vote. :D
I think I like that one too.

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 06:51 PM
then it's set!

btw, my bio is a bit(very) sparse, but none so much as my Physical Appearance.... just fyi, it's Chris Evans :p

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 06:53 PM
then it's set!

btw, my bio is a bit(very) sparse, but none so much as my Physical Appearance.... just fyi, it's Chris Evans :p

Who's Chris Evans?? :confused:

So, are we all just going to begin writing our characters' intro's and be prepared to share them on a certain time and date or is there going to be a bit more organization to this event?

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Who's Chris Evans?? :confused:
No idea.

So, are we all just going to begin writing our characters' intro's and be prepared to share them on a certain time and date or is there going to be a bit more organization to this event?
I'm hoping for a bit more time for organization...we definitely should get our bios in before we start writing our introductions.;) And we will need to start another thread that is just for the RPG.

PS, my bio is almost done!

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 07:05 PM
heathans! the lot of you! :p Chris Evans is Captain America.... and second to Jensen is all respects 'cept his smile.... Chris's smile is like Jensen's on steroids

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 07:16 PM
heathans! the lot of you!

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 07:17 PM
heathans! the lot of you! :p Chris Evans is Captain America.... and second to Jensen is all respects 'cept his smile.... Chris's smile is like Jensen's on steroids
Sorry. Not a fan of his.:o

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Sorry. Not a fan of his.:o

I'll second that :)

AND - SPN has corrupted me! :lol: Not only does it have me craving tons of greasy food but it's shattered my faith in churches as a sanctuary and while I was in the car I wanted to listen to some rock - Dean's style.. :S

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Oh come on, I just had to drag myself out of the RHD pit............. :lol:

So, onwards and upwards folks :)

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Oh come on, I just had to drag myself out of the RHD pit............. :lol:

So, onwards and upwards folks :)

What's a RHD pit??

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I'll second that :)

AND - SPN has corrupted me! :lol: Not only does it have me craving tons of greasy food but it's shattered my faith in churches as a sanctuary and while I was in the car I wanted to listen to some rock - Dean's style.. :S

ROFL!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcqgPTEIOqk

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 07:27 PM
What's a RHD pit??

The religious Help desk, Ask Lilith :P

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 07:28 PM

Uh.. okay... Oh! This Lilith :o Okay.. :lol:I'm watching SPN so I thought the TV Lilith for a second lol

Hey, Lilith!!! What's RHD?

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Uh.. okay... Oh! This Lilith :o Okay.. :lol:I'm watching SPN so I thought the TV Lilith for a second lol

Hey, Lilith!!! What's RHD?

Err...........
ROFLMFAO!!!!!
That, my dear put a big smile on my face :lol:

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 07:32 PM

eh? why ask me? i've never set foot there... hell, i didn't even know we had one til nao.....

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Err...........
ROFLMFAO!!!!!
That, my dear put a big smile on my face :lol:

actually tend to do this alot :p just the other day we were talking about Dean interacting with kids and how he never seems to interact with girls much.... RiG made a comment that Lilith didn't count, and my first thought was "dafuq! why don't i count!!" before i remembered that Lilith liked to posses children :p

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 07:35 PM
eh? why ask me? i've never set foot there... hell, i didn't even know we had one til nao.....

Really??
I thought I saw your Indigo in there before, my bad. :(

Its a religious discussion on all kinds of stuff in the OT area, best avoided if you value your sanity, but as I have never had any to loose, I thought why not :lol:

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 07:35 PM
actually tend to do this alot :p just the other day we were talking about Dean interacting with kids and how he never seems to interact with girls much.... RiG made a comment that Lilith didn't count, and my first thought was "dafuq! why don't i count!!" before i remembered that Lilith liked to posses children :p

:lol: :lol: At least I'm not the only one who has brain farts :)

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Really??
I thought I saw your Indigo in there before, my bad. :(

Its a religious discussion on all kinds of stuff in the OT area, best avoided if you value your sanity, but as I have never had any to loose, I thought why not :lol:

must be someone else using indigo font :p i'm agnostic and avoid religious debate of any kind like the plague.... it's the only thing i actively avoid more than politics... and you've what happens when i get into politics.....

Grace
June 6th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Oh my word, I love Chris Evans....gorgeous! Watched Capt. America last night....so good. :D *dreamy sigh*

I like the new title! Very intriguing. :D
I'm going to start working on my story tonight...we'll see. My muse has been really finicky as of late.

Grace
June 6th, 2012, 07:43 PM
must be someone else using indigo font :p i'm agnostic and avoid religious debate of any kind like the plague.... it's the only thing i actively avoid more than politics... and you've what happens when i get into politics.....

I don't like arguing about politics, drives me up the wall.
I'm a Christian, but I don't spend much time in the RHD thread. I don't have time to keep up with their debates.

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 07:46 PM
I have a feeling I would be a good "Devil's Advocate" and EXTREMELY mean if I were to visit RHD because I hate religion and I tend to loathe those that follow theirs without question. :S It really has nothing to do with the people though, it's just my past shaping my view.

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 07:46 PM
I don't like arguing about politics, drives me up the wall.
I'm a Christian, but I don't spend much time in the RHD thread. I don't have time to keep up with their debates.

i go into Hulk-proportions Rage when i get drawn into politics... i shudder to imagine what my Rage would be like in a religious debate.... esp since my view on religion is basically "frak it, we're all gonna die eventually anyways"

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 07:47 PM
I'm going to start working on my story tonight...we'll see. My muse has been really finicky as of late.

I'm working on finishing chapter 2 that I sent you earlier. :D I had to make a run to grab some greasy-burger-food. :D SPN is corrupting me :lol:

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 07:48 PM
i go into Hulk-proportions Rage when i get drawn into politics... i shudder to imagine what my Rage would be like in a religious debate.... esp since my view on religion is basically "frak it, we're all gonna die eventually anyways"

And I have a bit more cynical view of religion/God.. :S It's not pretty if you get me into a debate :)

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Oh my word, I love Chris Evans....gorgeous! Watched Capt. America last night....so good. :D *dreamy sigh*

finally! someone civilized! :p

I have a feeling I would be a good "Devil's Advocate" and EXTREMELY mean if I were to visit RHD because I hate religion and I tend to loathe those that follow theirs without question. :S It really has nothing to do with the people though, it's just my past shaping my view.

Amen to that.... me and my dad get onto my relatives about this very topic all the freakin time.... i mean he's a devout hindu, but he doesn't do anything without understanding why first

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 07:51 PM

Heh, musta been my own brain fart then
(Yes, m&mnm317, you certainly ain't the only one who gets them :lol: )

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 07:51 PM

ARGH! Still working on my character bio! Almost finished though!

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 07:52 PM
hurry up! yours is the only one left :p

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Lets get off the religious kick, that was NOT my intention here :(

So, characters, backgrounds, bio's, these are important.
Do we know what RiG is gonna play? Did I miss it?

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Amen to that.... me and my dad get onto my relatives about this very topic all the freakin time.... i mean he's a devout hindu, but he doesn't do anything without understanding why first

See, and my parents are the reason why I hate religion and following blindly.. It's a story that I'm happy to tell providing you actually want to know. :) Otherwise, I'll leave it at that. ;)

ARGH! Still working on my character bio! Almost finished though!

Do you need some help with it? I can try to help if you like?

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 07:54 PM

Yes but atleast we're able to talk about it like rational adults ;)

She's going to be a Winchester Sister ;)

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 07:56 PM

She's a Winchester.... really, that family srsly needs to be a class of its own :p

SPN Character Classes:
Hunter
Demon
Angel
Monster of the Week
Winchester

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 07:58 PM
She's a Winchester.... really, that family srsly needs to be a class of its own :p

SPN Character Classes:
Hunter
Demon
Angel
Monster of the Week
Winchester

And we have -

Angel
Demon
Hunter; and
Winchester..

Right?? You're writing from a Demon POV, correct?

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 08:05 PM

SPN Character Classes:
Hunter
Demon
Angel
Monster of the Week
Winchester

*RPG kick for a sec*
With "famous" (IE canon families) they do often have some "shared dealy" such as they are good at "X" but bad at "Y".
I would say that the Winchesters are good at fighting and survival, yet a bit sucky when it comes to "Working the Mojo"
They can follow rites and spells and such, but no inherent ability to "work it"

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 08:09 PM
And we have -

Angel
Demon
Hunter; and
Winchester..

Right?? You're writing from a Demon POV, correct?

and any MotW we may need along the way... oh, and i forgot Psychic.... psychics are not necesarily hunters...

*RPG kick for a sec*
With "famous" (IE canon families) they do often have some "shared dealy" such as they are good at "X" but bad at "Y".
I would say that the Winchesters are good at fighting and survival, yet a bit sucky when it comes to "Working the Mojo"
They can follow rites and spells and such, but no inherent ability to "work it"

and Domesticity :lol: they suck at that too.... altho Sam does have some inherent talent thanks to his demon blood, the rest of the family are one step above null....

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I've missed a lot in here today, you guys have been very active. I feel so lost and out of touch/place now!:(

hurry up! yours is the only one left :P
Thanks for the :o:o:o Lilith! Really needed that.

I'm so sorry this has taken me so long guys.:( I've never written one before and it's proven quite difficult for me.:(

Hope it's not too crappy...

Name: Grace Winchester, baby sister to Dean and Sam

Special Abilities: Psychic visions/premonitions

Physical Appearance: A petite 5ft, she has shoulder length brown hair and green eyes. She sports the anti-possession tattoo over her heart just like her brothers. And she, oddly enough, looks like Dean. Her weight is healthy for her age and gender.

Personality: Loyal to her family. Stubborn to a fault. Empathetic, sensitive to others. Funny. Confident. Proud of her family and what they do.

Character background: Grace began her life at Saint Luke's Hospital, where she spent a month in the NICU. John and the boys hardly ever left her side. After that John stayed in one place for a while, at least until she was healthy enough to take on the road.

Grace grew up "in the life", having learned at a young age about the supernatural and what her family does. She was practically raised by Dean, much in the same way Sam was. She trained with her brothers and began hunting when she was just 14 years old. Like her big brothers before her she went to school in what ever town they happened to be in. Sam stayed behind with Grace while Dean and John went on hunts until she was old enough to be left on her own.

While Sam was at Stanford Grace was hunting with Dean and John (when he wasn't following up on a lead on Yellow Eyes).

FYI:

John Winchester met Julia Knight while hunting a Revenant that was terrorizing students at a local high school in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Julia was a teacher at that school at the time. She was also a psychic, and, like Missouri, she came by her powers naturally. She was able to help John, he in turn saved her life after the Revenant attacked her. It was angry that she was aiding the hunter that was trying to kill it.

Sam: I mean, a hunter rolls into town, kills a monster, saves the girl...sometimes the girl's grateful.

And she was.

John slipped one past the goalie. When Julia found out she was pregnant she didn't tell John partly because she was afraid of what he'd do and partly because she thought her child would be safer if John didn't know. The Revenant attack had left Julia with a weakened heart, her doctor feared she wouldn't make through the delivery of her baby. Her doctor put her on bed rest at the start of her third trimester to alleviate stress on her heart, to take it easy. Her health then took a downward turn and it wasn't long before she had gone into premature labor.

Of course, John being John, he took the boys and drove to Iowa as fast as the Impala would let him. Nothing's more important to John than family after all. They arrived hours before Julie delivered baby Grace. Sadly she died about an hour after Grace was born. The delivery proved to be to taxing on her heart.

And there it is. I feel like it's not yet complete.:o

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 08:12 PM
and any MotW we may need along the way... oh, and i forgot Psychic.... psychics are not necesarily hunters...

:D And when you said that, my first thought was automatically "Shawn Spencer, Psychic Detective" :lol: For anyone who doesn't know the show Psych, he's not actually Psychic. ;)

MotW should be relatively easy to add; relatively.. :S Adding Psychics and such...eh, not so much.. Granted, I suck at ALL of that stuff so, *shrugs*

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 08:12 PM
I didn't realize that I was the only one left as I'd only seen one bio in here. Feels like such a dolt!:o:(

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I've missed a lot in here today, you guys have been very active. I feel so lost and out of touch/place now!:(

I'm so sorry this has taken me so long guys.:( I've never written one before and it's proven quite difficult for me.:(

Physical Appearance: A petite 5ft, she has shoulder length brown hair and green eyes. She sports the anti-possession tattoo over her heart just like her brothers. And she, oddly enough, looks like Dean. Her weight is healthy for her age and gender.

Personality: Loyal to her family. Stubborn to a fault. Empathetic, sensitive to others. Funny. Confident. Proud of her family and what they do.

Character background: Grace began her life at Saint Luke's Hospital, where she spent a month in the NICU. John and the boys hardly ever left her side. After that John stayed in one place for a while, at least until she was healthy enough to take on the road.

Grace grew up "in the life", having learned at a young age about the supernatural and what her family does. She was practically raised by Dean, much in the same way Sam was. She trained with her brothers and began hunting when she was just 14 years old. Like her big brothers before her she went to school in what ever town they happened to be in. Sam stayed behind with Grace while Dean and John went on hunts until she was old enough to be left on her own.

While Sam was at Stanford Grace was hunting with Dean and John (when he wasn't following up on a lead on Yellow Eyes).

FYI:

John Winchester met Julia Knight while hunting a Revenant that was terrorizing students at a local high school in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Julia was a teacher at that school at the time. She was also a psychic, and, like Missouri, she came by her powers naturally. She was able to help John, he in turn saved her life after the Revenant attacked her. It was angry that she was aiding the hunter that was trying to kill it.

Sam: I mean, a hunter rolls into town, kills a monster, saves the girl...sometimes the girl's grateful.

And she was.

John slipped one past the goalie. When Julia found out she was pregnant she didn't tell John partly because she was afraid of what he'd do and partly because she thought her child would be safer if John didn't know. The Revenant attack had left Julia with a weakened heart, her doctor feared she wouldn't make through the delivery of her baby. Her doctor put her on bed rest at the start of her third trimester to alleviate stress on her heart, to take it easy. Her health then took a downward turn and it wasn't long before she had gone into premature labor.

Of course, John being John, he took the boys and drove to Iowa as fast as the Impala would let him. Nothing's more important to John than family after all. They arrived hours before Julie delivered baby Grace. Sadly she died about an hour after Grace was born. The delivery proved to be to taxing on her heart.

I think it sounds great! Better than mine, that's for sure. :) I could actually picture Grace.

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 08:15 PM
I didn't realize that I was the only one left as I'd only seen one bio in here. Feels like such a dolt!:o:(

I don't remember seeing Lilith's but I knew that Grace and I had put ours in.. Lilith mentioned wanting to keep hers a surprise so it didn't shock me that I hadn't seen hers yet.

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 08:15 PM

FYI:

And she was.

sorry.... didn't mean to rush you.... it's a beautiful beginning, and you'll be able to expand on it in-story

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 08:18 PM
I think it sounds great! Better than mine, that's for sure. :) I could actually picture Grace.
Thanks. But now I feel like...I dunno, maybe I shouldn't be a part of this. It's taken me this long just to write a bio imagine how long it would take me to write a whole chapter! I feel like I'm a step behind you guys and you're all three steps ahead of me.:(

And I never saw yours m&m so I have no idea what/who your character is.

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks. But now I feel like...I dunno, maybe I shouldn't be a part of this. It's taken me this long just to write a bio imagine how long it would take me to write a whole chapter! I feel like I'm a step behind you guys and you're all three steps ahead of me.:(

Not at all - don't be silly! From what I've gathered, we all will probably get a decent amount of time to write our chapter(s) so straggling behind shouldn't be a problem.. I'm sure that if you can come up with that in a day, you can do a chapter in a matter of weeks. :)

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 08:21 PM
okay, and here we go! Character Bios (http://ayankha.livejournal.com/18684.html) in one convenient list.... I've got some ideas for an opening post and will have that up tomorrow sometime.... i think RiG should post second, but after that post whenever you want!

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Me post second??? Wow, I just hope I can do your post justice!:o

Not at all - don't be silly! From what I've gathered, we all will probably get a decent amount of time to write our chapter(s) so straggling behind shouldn't be a problem.. I'm sure that if you can come up with that in a day, you can do a chapter in a matter of weeks. :)
But I don't want to be straggling behind. Sigh... this was fun but now I kinda want to cry...feeling like the odd (wo)man out.

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 08:24 PM
But I don't want to be straggling behind. Sigh... this was fun but now I kinda want to cry...feeling like the odd (wo)man out.

Errr
*Waves the man flag* :lol:

You may have taken longer, but you have *more* than just a character as well, don't stress, it's bad for you :P

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Errr
Sorry.:o Stupid me.

You may have taken longer, but you have *more* than just a character as well, don't stress, it's bad for you :P
I'll try not to.

Grace
June 6th, 2012, 08:28 PM

FYI:

And she was.

LOVE LOVE LOVE! That's awesome!!! :D
But, I will admit that I'm going to get confused. ;) You named her after me, I'm just sure of it. ;)

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 08:28 PM

And I never saw yours m&m so I have no idea what/who your character is.

freeform text based RPGs do tend to be fast paced, but then, i've never done chapter writing.... usually ppl post a few paragraphs, get descriptive about their surroundings or actions.... this is a new experiment for all of us..... and the hardest part about an RP is the beginning.... once you start, it gets easier til it ends... sometimes the ending can be abrupt [( as is my exp in every RP i ever joined )] and sometimes its a planned finale [( read a few of those, they tend to be beautifully scripted )]

i really was joking when i said to hurry up :( i never meant to rush you.... the whole point of this exercise is to get the creative juices flowing and loosen up some of that writers block everyone seems to have... but most importantly it should be fun.... there'll be days when our schedules will be so hectic that when we finally get a chance to look at things, there will be pages worth of story to catch up on, and some days it'll be so slow we'll be lucky to get a post off....

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Sorry.:o Stupid me.

NOT stupid at all, lets just say that in my misspent youth I spent a good 6 months being the only guy in a class of 20 odd girls, nothing like that to break any illusions we are "all that different" :lol:

I'll try not to.
Good, you wrote some good stuff, don't get pressured by anyone. :)

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 08:29 PM

*hugs* Don't worry, you'll be fine. :) Just, try to relax a bit and see what comes.

If you need help with bouncing ideas or such, we're here to help; me especially since I have no life and like to brainstorm. :)

Gatefan1976
June 6th, 2012, 08:31 PM
If you need help with bouncing ideas or such, we're here to help; me especially since I have no life and like to brainstorm. :)
Seconded!!

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 08:33 PM

don't worry.... you're thinking pages, i'm thinking paragraphs.... you'll do fine.... i just thought, with you being a Winchester, your perspective would help establish the story line better.... i only volunteered to go first b/c one, i'm DM, and two, i've got the most exp in free form text RP

Errr

he has a point RiG.... you took the longest, but currently, your character is the most in depth, and as of right now, if one of us had to write Grace for you, we could.... the opposite cannot be said.....

But, I will admit that I'm going to get confused. ;) You named her after me, I'm just sure of it. ;)

i had this same thought :lol:

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 08:35 PM
*hugs* Don't worry, you'll be fine. :) Just, try to relax a bit and see what comes.

and that is the whole point of this thread.... this is where we hammer out the fine details before we post it to the actual story

Grace
June 6th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Quick question...how long should our character introduction be? I know several of us have complex background...do we write most of it in.

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 08:37 PM
okay, and here we go! Character Bios (http://ayankha.livejournal.com/18684.html) in one convenient list.... I've got some ideas for an opening post and will have that up tomorrow sometime.... i think RiG should post second, but after that post whenever you want!

Okay.. Now, are we all sharing one document then? Is that how this is going to work? Do we need to add to what everyone else has already written or are we just basically introducing our own characters and leaving it at that?? :confused:

As you can tell, I'm still very much confused :o

RiG - It's okay that you have no idea who I am (character-wise) :) She's not exactly important yet. :)

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Thank you Grace. Like I said, she's been in my head for quite a while.

No, unfortunately, she wasn't named after you. She was named after the song "Amazing Grace". One of the things I couldn't fit into my bio.:o It has to do with Dean singing that to her when she was a baby in the hospital.

She can go by Gracie so there's less confusion.;)

freeform text based RPGs do tend to be fast paced, but then, i've never done chapter writing.... usually ppl post a few paragraphs, get descriptive about their surroundings or actions.... this is a new experiment for all of us..... and the hardest part about an RP is the beginning.... once you start, it gets easier til it ends... sometimes the ending can be abrupt [( as is my exp in every RP i ever joined )] and sometimes its a planned finale [( read a few of those, they tend to be beautifully scripted )]
Yeah, this I know. It's much easier to write once it gets going. That's what I loved about the SGA RPG I was in.

i really was joking when i said to hurry up :( i never meant to rush you.... the whole point of this exercise is to get the creative juices flowing and loosen up some of that writers block everyone seems to have... but most importantly it should be fun.... there'll be days when our schedules will be so hectic that when we finally get a chance to look at things, there will be pages worth of story to catch up on, and some days it'll be so slow we'll be lucky to get a post off....
You are forgiven.:) I know you didn't mean to rush me.;)

Grace
June 6th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Thank you Grace. Like I said, she's been in my head for quite a while.

No, unfortunately, she wasn't named after you. She was named after the song "Amazing Grace". One of the things I couldn't fit into my bio.:o It has to do with Dean singing that to her when she was a baby in the hospital.

She can go by Gracie so there's less confusion.;)

Hehe. That's ok. :D I can pretend. ;) And I love that song.

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 08:44 PM

I like it as long as people don't butcher it when they sing it. :) I mean, it's a simple song, people, there's no need to make it be any fancier..

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 08:45 PM
i imagine this being a bit informal.... sorta like ATFU (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/34258-As-The-Forum-Updates?highlight=forum+updates) 'cept not that informal.... it started out as a spoof of daytime soaps and devolved (or evolved depending on your perspective) into an actual RP, but still clung to that daytime soapy drama....

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 08:46 PM
NOT stupid at all, lets just say that in my misspent youth I spent a good 6 months being the only guy in a class of 20 odd girls, nothing like that to break any illusions we are "all that different" :lol:
Okay.:)

Good, you wrote some good stuff, don't get pressured by anyone. :)
I won't.;)

Yes ma'am.:D

I'll keep that in mind. Thank you.

Seconded!!
Thanks.

don't worry.... you're thinking pages, i'm thinking paragraphs.... you'll do fine.... i just thought, with you being a Winchester, your perspective would help establish the story line better.... i only volunteered to go first b/c one, i'm DM, and two, i've got the most exp in free form text RP
Oh, okay. And thanks for, well, thanks.:)

he has a point RiG.... you took the longest, but currently, your character is the most in depth, and as of right now, if one of us had to write Grace for you, we could.... the opposite cannot be said.....
Again, sorry I took the longest.:o Grace is so in depth because she's been in my head for so long. And good point.

i had this same thought :lol:
Ah, I knew this was gonna happen.:rolleyes:

and that is the whole point of this thread.... this is where we hammer out the fine details before we post it to the actual story
Which is why I love this thread!

Okay.. Now, are we all sharing one document then? Is that how this is going to work? Do we need to add to what everyone else has already written or are we just basically introducing our own characters and leaving it at that?? :confused:

As you can tell, I'm still very much confused :o
Yeah, me too.

RiG - It's okay that you have no idea who I am (character-wise) :) She's not exactly important yet. :)
I forgot that I did read your bio.:o

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 08:48 PM
i imagine this being a bit informal.... sorta like ATFU (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/34258-As-The-Forum-Updates?highlight=forum+updates) 'cept not that informal.... it started out as a spoof of daytime soaps and devolved (or evolved depending on your perspective) into an actual RP, but still clung to that daytime soapy drama....

Ummm...What? I'm confused... what's being informal? the whole "writing the fic" thing??

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Goody.:D

I like it as long as people don't butcher it when they sing it. :) I mean, it's a simple song, people, there's no need to make it be any fancier..
Oh, I know right? Hate when people oversing it.

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I forgot that I did read your bio.:o

Ah, well, case in point. ^^ lol :)

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Oh, I know right? Hate when people oversing it.

Yeah, it ruins a beautiful song.. It's like the National Anthem (America's).. People ALWAYS oversing that one and it's because it's not in anyone's vocal range otherwise... Still, keep it simple people!

*sighs* Okay, rant over.. :o

RodneyIsGodney
June 6th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I may expound a bit more on how Grace got her name another time.;)

Well, that's all for me tonight folks. Gotta go to bed...work tomorrow. I'll check back when I get home...if not before I go to work.;)