Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MS & DSD @ Chicago 2004: Additional Screen Captures (WARNING: 2.5 MB!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS & DSD @ Chicago 2004: Additional Screen Captures (WARNING: 2.5 MB!)

I've had a tremendous number of requests by GateWorld Forum members for high-definition screen captures of Michael Shanks and Don S. Davis from the Chicago Creation Convention. Several of you will find yourselves in the following shots, but it'll be up to you to announce yourselves!

I hope you enjoy!

Please do not reprint these images without the consent of either myself or Darren. Thanks!

All images copyright GateWorld.net and David Read

Comment

Thanks a lot for the pics!!!

Michael is SO hot!

Comment

LMAO! Is MS dancing at one point?

Great pictures!

Aww... he's got a cute little puppy-dog look in a couple of them lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

The "dancing" and the "puppy-dog" shots are all while he was performing both sides of the "puff 'n ruffle."

Comment

OMG!!! You got a couple of me and my son!!!! YAAHHHH!!! I was hoping for one with him in it so when he's older I can prove he was there!!! LOL Thanks!!! His expression in one is priceless!!! Don was very nice to speak with him and MS waved to him as well, but he was WAYY too shy to go near them! I didn't know that kids were free until we had been there for most of it. If I had known, I would have brought him down alot sooner.

Thanks David!!! You are the best!!

Comment

I was hoping you would pop in and find the pictures of you and your son! You're right, that one shot of him is priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                LMAO! Is MS dancing at one point?

Great pictures!

Aww... he's got a cute little puppy-dog look in a couple of them lol.
                The 'dancing' is him doing the puff and ruffle and the ones after that (or were they before that) are the wounded lamb.

Dana Jeanne
                Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by David
                  The "dancing" and the "puppy-dog" shots are all while he was performing both sides of the "puff 'n ruffle."

Wait a second.

I think the "dancing" picture is from when Michael was talking about the special "starch beam" he'd give Daniel to defeat Anubis.

~Misty
                  *Tons of cameras flash all around*

Me: You'll be seeing lights for days!

Michael Shanks: I know! I feel like I'm in a disco!

Comment

Those are great David. Thanks.
                    sigpic

Comment

what is the puff and ruffle? What was he doing when he had his arm outstretched -- looks like some dramatic speech. Those are great shots! Thank you.

Comment

You don't know the puff n ruffle/wounded lamb story?

Well, I transcribed Michael's talk from Chicago, as best I could (I swear he can talk 100mph! )

So, here's an excerpt:

MS: "I wasn’t the originator of this notion..."

"Ok, uh, Amanda and Teryl had this running joke for the first few years of the show, it may still be going on, I’m not sure, but um, it was this idea that when a female, an attractive female guest star was on the show, that the men behaved somewhat differently. Much like male peacocks."

[Struts around the stage and shakes his “tail feathers”]

“How you doin?”

"And, then um, what would go on during this period is that both Teryl and Amanda would seemingly get neglected along the process."

(Audience: "Awwww…")

"Yeah…ok... So, they all had their various descriptions as to how Richard, myself, and Chris all behaved when this female guest star was around. I’m sure that Amanda will be able to describe it better to you tomorrow."

"So, in response to it, I developed what I saw as the passive-aggressive approach for the same female, when the same female guest star was on set, of what the ladies would do. And that is called the “wounded lamb”. They went to this place…"

[Looks sad, lonesome, wistful, neglected]

"A little needy maybe?"

"So, that’s the short form version of the puff ‘n’ ruffle story."

As for the picture with his arm out. I *think* that's when he was answering a question someone asked him about:

(Audience member: "We saw that Daniel had powers as an ascended being, but then he lost them. So if you could give Daniel super-powers now for a showdown with Anubis what would you give him and why?")

MS: "Well, the first thing I’d do is give him two sets of powers. And the first one is X-Ray vision."

"Why…?" [shrugs] "Why not?"

"Not to fight Anubis, though."

"Uh, the second one is…umm… I would give him some sort of special starch beam."

"Cause you know that stupid robe that Anubis wears all the time? That’s all it takes…just stiffen that puppy up and he ain’t movin!"

"But…X-Ray vision…"

There you go! I'm thinking that the pictures of him stretching out his arm is when he was "catching" Anubis with his starch beam.

~Misty
                        *Tons of cameras flash all around*

Me: You'll be seeing lights for days!

Michael Shanks: I know! I feel like I'm in a disco!

Comment

god that looks like it was a lot of fun to be at, i wish i could go to a con

Comment

Working...
                          X