The Supernatural FanFic Recommendation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Supernatural FanFic Recommendation Thread

Thought we could do with a thread for recommending great SPN fic. Maybe even some of our favorite SPN fics...or SPN fic writers.

Okay, I'll start us off...

Hidden Blessings by Kady-SN This is a WIP but it's a great WIP. I'm in the middle of reading it right now. It's currently being updated, a new chapter was added today.

Summary:
    A decision Sam made while at Stanford comes back to change his life. Dean's vow, "we take care of our own" takes on a new meaning for Sam. *Slightly AU, post-apocalypse*

(you gals don't have to do it quite the way I did. I just felt like doing it the way I did it.)

sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Great idea, RiG!

Well there's a series right now that I really love. Its very AU, focusing on a more angelic plotline through seasons 5 and 6. Its got an OC that you get very attached to. Its got whump and romance and suspense. Its very good.
    Little Girl Lost is the first of 4 stories. ( story 2, 3, and 4) 4 not complete and is being updated regularly.

Broken Wings is a good one that features Cas, Dean and Sam whump.

Waxing and Waning is a Dean whump fic. Dean's dying and Sam is rushing to find a cure.

Superheroes is a really sweet oneshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
      Great idea, RiG!
      Thank you. 14 other people didn't think so.

Well there's a series right now that I really love. Its very AU, focusing on a more angelic plotline through seasons 5 and 6. Its got an OC that you get very attached to. Its got whump and romance and suspense. Its very good.
      Little Girl Lost is the first of 4 stories. ( story 2, 3, and 4) 4 not complete and is being updated regularly.

Broken Wings is a good one that features Cas, Dean and Sam whump.

Waxing and Waning is a Dean whump fic. Dean's dying and Sam is rushing to find a cure.

Superheroes is a really sweet oneshot.
      Would love to give these a gander but it's getting late now. Maybe tomorrow when I get home from work?
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
        Thank you. 14 other people didn't think so.

Would love to give these a gander but it's getting late now. Maybe tomorrow when I get home from work?
        Sad day.

Hope you like them!
        I've got the one you recommended saved for later. I try only reading one fic at a time, and I'm a couple chapters from the end of a SGA one.

Comment

Sad day.
          Yeah. Now it's up to 85 views with only 3 replies. (me and you)

Hope you like them!
          I'm gonna check them out later Though "Superheroes" sounds familiar. Well, the title anyway.

I've got the one you recommended saved for later. I try only reading one fic at a time, and I'm a couple chapters from the end of a SGA one.
          Good thinking.
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

What a fabulous idea!!! Thanks for posting RiG!

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

You're welcome.

Here's another fic worth reading ---> Finding Bambi. It's got good Dean whumpage.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Ooh, yay. I'll have to take a look at it.

sigpic
                Coming January 2017

Comment

Hope you enjoy it as much I did/am!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

Here is my main fic recommendation - Rush

It's really quite the excellent story and there's Dean whump in it. I think there's also a little bit of Sam whump at the end as well but I can't remember..

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

Wooh! New stories!

Actually just recently I have been on the hunt for SPN/Stargate crossovers. There's been a couple good ones.

Comment

Wooh! New stories!

Actually just recently I have been on the hunt for SPN/Stargate crossovers. There's been a couple good ones.
                        really? I haven't browsed the crossover section yet. Although, I did read a House/SPN one before I even knew what SPN was about.

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                          Here is my main fic recommendation - Rush

It's really quite the excellent story and there's Dean whump in it. I think there's also a little bit of Sam whump at the end as well but I can't remember..
                          I came across that one a while ago but it wasn't holding my interest for some reason.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

I came across that one a while ago but it wasn't holding my interest for some reason.
                            Meh, to each their own.

sigpic
                            Coming January 2017

Comment

Here's another fic worth reading ---> Finding Bambi. It's got good Dean whumpage.
                              I found this one kinda boring actually.. I mean, the Dean whump was great but I'm not a big fan of hospital scenes and it quickly lost my interest.

sigpic
                              Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                              X