Question about diamond select Diamond Select CnC Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about diamond select Diamond Select CnC Stargate

So, I was wondering how many of you own a fully completed Diamond Select Stargate?

I have been building a collection for quite a while, and I have three complete Gates. However, I mean complete in the since that they all complete full circle. Only one of the three I have actually have 4 different distinct pieces, from Daniel, Teal'c, Sam/Jack, and the replacement piece. One of the other ones I have has two of the same pieces, two Sam/Jack pieces. The the 3rd I have has three of the same pieces, the same Sam/Jack piece. Before I started building my collection, I didn't realize that only the Daniel piece was the only uniquely sized piece of the gate.

So my real question is how common is a fully completed (with all 4 unique pieces) Stargate? Do most people have the fully complete gate, or do most people have at least one duplicate piece in their gate?
    McKay: "We need the Zed-Pee-Em to power the gate."
    O'Neill: "Huh?"
    Daniel: "Zee-Pee-Em. He's Canadian."

I have 5 sections of the gate, two are duplicates. Each character (at least in every series) has the same gate section (e.g. The Series 1 Field Ops Teyla and the Series 1 Athosian Teyla PX Figure have the same section)

For a short supply of info see here: http://licensed.stargate-wiki.org/wi...e_Collectables

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      I have 5 sections of the gate, two are duplicates. Each character (at least in every series) has the same gate section (e.g. The Series 1 Field Ops Teyla and the Series 1 Athosian Teyla PX Figure have the same section)

For a short supply of info see here: http://licensed.stargate-wiki.org/wi...e_Collectables
      Sorry they should be series 2.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post

I am referring to the SG-1 gate. Not the Atlantis Gate. I haven't tested this, but can you have duplicate pieces in the SGA gate?
        McKay: "We need the Zed-Pee-Em to power the gate."
        O'Neill: "Huh?"
        Daniel: "Zee-Pee-Em. He's Canadian."

Comment

Originally posted by suprmn4105 View Post
          I am referring to the SG-1 gate. Not the Atlantis Gate. I haven't tested this, but can you have duplicate pieces in the SGA gate?
          I'm pretty sure if works for both the gates.

Comment

Originally posted by suprmn4105 View Post
            So, I was wondering how many of you own a fully completed Diamond Select Stargate?

I have been building a collection for quite a while, and I have three complete Gates. However, I mean complete in the since that they all complete full circle. Only one of the three I have actually have 4 different distinct pieces, from Daniel, Teal'c, Sam/Jack, and the replacement piece. One of the other ones I have has two of the same pieces, two Sam/Jack pieces. The the 3rd I have has three of the same pieces, the same Sam/Jack piece. Before I started building my collection, I didn't realize that only the Daniel piece was the only uniquely sized piece of the gate.

So my real question is how common is a fully completed (with all 4 unique pieces) Stargate? Do most people have the fully complete gate, or do most people have at least one duplicate piece in their gate?

I would say it's not too common to have all 4 unique pieces. The only way back then to receive the correct piece was to email DST for a replacement. I started collecting around when the 3 series of SG1 came out and tried and tried emailing about the replacement pieces only to not receive one response. I was lucky though, my local comic book store had a few and i snatched 4 to complete my gates for only 75 cents each!

As for the Atlantis gate, you cannot use substitute pieces. The 2 non base pieces have to be unique as if you try putting duplicates together there will be a gap between them.

Comment

I technically have two SGC / Milky Way gates.
              Once completed one, with the ramp pieces, on display with my figures. A second gate is unopened, ie the pieces are sealed in the original packs with the duplicate figures of Dr Jackson, Col Carter and Teal'c, as well as the corrected gatepiece posted from Diamond Select. There was no opportunity to get second Thor and Teal'c figs had I wanted to. Also I stupidly waited for the Dress Blues version of O'Neill, so if not for the gate piece mix up, my gate would never have been completed!
              Due to buying loose duplicates from making customs, I have a spare Carter, Teal'c and corrected Gatepiece segments. (This third corrected gate piece was due to the fact I had a Replicarter figure, as well as the two Green field uniform Carters.) I have kept these packed away in case I get another Jackson gatepiece to make an offworld gate, like the offworld prop in the series with the stone steps.

As it is, I consider myself very lucky that I did manage to complete my display gate!
              Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
              Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

I have all pieces for the original gate including ramp and DHD. I was lucky enough to start buying the figures when they first came out, so I got my Jack and Daniel for the original price at German retailers instead for much money at ebay. And I also got the replacement piece they shipped out for free.

Sometimes my gate features in funny little stories we do with my figures, for example when Jack and Teal'c were golfing through the gate

You can find them here if you are interested: http://dieastra.livejournal.com/24280.html
                Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Working...
                X