PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural Fanfic and Brainstorming

m&mnm317
May 28th, 2012, 03:50 PM
So, I was wanting a place on the wonderful GW to brainstorm and chat about Supernatural (from here on out referred to me as SPN) fanfiction so I created one. :D

Let's get writing and brainstorming! ;)

birthsister
May 28th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Don't you just hate starting a thread and then nobody answers? HIIIIII! *waves wildly*

Anyway, I'm shy about fic brainstorming because I'm of the paranoid species. Could we say that any brainstorming remains the property of the original brain it came from, unless expressly stated otherwise? :D

Otherwise, it'll be good to have a place to bounce ideas off of, and check canon without having to weed through 16 episodes only to find I was wrong in the first place...

m&mnm317
May 28th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Don't you just hate starting a thread and then nobody answers? HIIIIII! *waves wildly*

Anyway, I'm shy about fic brainstorming because I'm of the paranoid species. Could we say that any brainstorming remains the property of the original brain it came from, unless expressly stated otherwise? :D

Otherwise, it'll be good to have a place to bounce ideas off of, and check canon without having to weed through 16 episodes only to find I was wrong in the first place...

Hi! :) No worries about no one answering, I was going to post some of my ideas or something later on tonight.

So, you basically wanna copyright brainstorming/ideas? Yeah?

birthsister
May 28th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I guess...I just think it would be gauche to post "hey, I had this great fic idea...blah blah blah" and someone else runs with it, vs. "Hey, that's a great idea, mind if I use it in this story I'm working on" and getting permission first. I mean, if it happens, it happens. But I would hope among friends we would ask first...or, feel free to tell me to crawl back into my cave with my four color pen and my rough draft....it's quite comfy, actually...I have a good view of the gutter from here ;)

m&mnm317
May 28th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I guess...I just think it would be gauche to post "hey, I had this great fic idea...blah blah blah" and someone else runs with it, vs. "Hey, that's a great idea, mind if I use it in this story I'm working on" and getting permission first. I mean, if it happens, it happens. But I would hope among friends we would ask first...or, feel free to tell me to crawl back into my cave with my four color pen and my rough draft....it's quite comfy, actually...I have a good view of the gutter from here ;)

Hm.. I was kinda hoping that that would be implied, you know? I guess I put too much stock in common courtesy. :)

Let's just say this - no one steal or borrow others' ideas unles express permission is given.

That work??

birthsister
May 28th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Fair enough.

RodneyIsGodney
May 28th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Sorry. I had medical emergency and had to go to the hospital. Got home about an hour ago and had a late dinner of cereal and toast.

Glad to see this thread is alive and well!

Sounds good to me!:D

This.

m&mnm317
May 28th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Sorry. I had medical emergency and had to go to the hospital. Got home about an hour ago and had a late dinner of cereal and toast.

Is everything okay?? I hear ya on the dinner - mine's ramen..

RodneyIsGodney
May 28th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Is everything okay??
For now. Mom had a little problem earlier and off to the ER we went. She has to call her doc tomorrow morning.

I'll explain more in the Jensen thread tomorrow.

I hear ya on the dinner - mine's ramen..
Ooh, I'm not a ramen fan. I prefer cup-o-noodles myself. They have veggies in them.

m&mnm317
May 28th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Okay, so I have a few ideas running through my head and I'm trying to merge them so it's not so much of a "been there, read that" fic..

Background info on me I'm a whumper, a Dean whumper to be exact. :D But unlike most, I don't prefer the blood, gunshots, torture stuff (though I have been known to torture some characters, it's not my favorite); I'm more of a soft tissue injury and broken bone kinda person, so sprains, pulled muscles, etc..

And now onto the fic portion, lol.. Like I've said, I have a few ideas..

One is - While on a hunt, gets thrown down a flight of stairs by a malevolent ghost (OR, while living with Lisa and Ben this happens, thus giving me the added bonus of letting Lisa give the comfort part of the hurt/comfort :D)

The second is - During Season 4 when we first meet Alistair (4.9-10) just before Anna (that's the name of the newfound Angel right?) vanishes Alistair, he leaves Dean with a parting gift (I'm thinking that it will hurt either his ankle or his knee so badly that it doesn't fully recover; he won't be terribly disabled, just a limp and some slight pain or something..I dunno why but that's something I do to my characters - it's never a lot, mind you..)

The third is - After Dean comes back from killing Amy (7.3), Sam (I almost said Dean because that's who I'll always think Jared is (from GG)) punches his brother, furious and hurt because of what he knows Dean has just done.. Somehow Dean injures his weak and newly cast-free leg...and I don't know from there :lol:

Now, I'm actually leaning more towards the first or second option but the third just popped in my head the other night when I was watching the episode.

So, whatdya think? Yay? Nay? Other suggestions?

m&mnm317
May 28th, 2012, 08:38 PM
For now. Mom had a little problem earlier and off to the ER we went. She has to call her doc tomorrow morning.

I'll explain more in the Jensen thread tomorrow.

Ooh, I'm not a ramen fan. I prefer cup-o-noodles myself. They have veggies in them.

:S Well, I'm glad it wasn't serious enough to warrant an overnight stay...

I hate veggies. :P I'm really quite child-like in my tastes.. :) It's actually more, I prefer my veggies raw hence why I prefer regular ramen.. That and it's cheaper yet still filling which is helpful when you have three boys (two small kids and one grownup) who eat through house and home in like two weeks. lol

Grace
May 28th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Okay, so I have a few ideas running through my head and I'm trying to merge them so it's not so much of a "been there, read that" fic..

Background info on me I'm a whumper, a Dean whumper to be exact. :D But unlike most, I don't prefer the blood, gunshots, torture stuff (though I have been known to torture some characters, it's not my favorite); I'm more of a soft tissue injury and broken bone kinda person, so sprains, pulled muscles, etc..

And now onto the fic portion, lol.. Like I've said, I have a few ideas..

One is - While on a hunt, gets thrown down a flight of stairs by a malevolent ghost (OR, while living with Lisa and Ben this happens, thus giving me the added bonus of letting Lisa give the comfort part of the hurt/comfort :D)

The second is - During Season 4 when we first meet Alistair (4.9-10) just before Anna (that's the name of the newfound Angel right?) vanishes Alistair, he leaves Dean with a parting gift (I'm thinking that it will hurt either his ankle or his knee so badly that it doesn't fully recover; he won't be terribly disabled, just a limp and some slight pain or something..I dunno why but that's something I do to my characters - it's never a lot, mind you..)

The third is - After Dean comes back from killing Amy (7.3), Sam (I almost said Dean because that's who I'll always think Jared is (from GG)) punches his brother, furious and hurt because of what he knows Dean has just done.. Somehow Dean injures his weak and newly cast-free leg...and I don't know from there :lol:

Now, I'm actually leaning more towards the first or second option but the third just popped in my head the other night when I was watching the episode.

So, whatdya think? Yay? Nay? Other suggestions?

Hey M! :D Great thread!

I think I like the first idea the best. Lots of potential for comfort, as well as whump. :D *evil grin* And I know you already got a start on a malevolent ghost fic that I'd like to see finished. :)

The second one is good too, and I know you love to write that stuff. :D

The third one is also very good. I think they discuss the ramifications of killing Amy in a couple episodes, I can't remember which one though. So it could be your take on the situation.

m&mnm317
May 28th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Hey M! :D Great thread!

I think I like the first idea the best. Lots of potential for comfort, as well as whump. :D *evil grin* And I know you already got a start on a malevolent ghost fic that I'd like to see finished. :)

The second one is good too, and I know you love to write that stuff. :D

The third one is also very good. I think they discuss the ramifications of killing Amy in a couple episodes, I can't remember which one though. So it could be your take on the situation.

I'm not sure the malevolent ghost one we discussed earlier will go anywhere or not.. I might have the ghost still look the same but I think that will be it.. I've already deleted it cause I wasn't happy with it :S

Grace
May 28th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I'm not sure the malevolent ghost one we discussed earlier will go anywhere or not.. I might have the ghost still look the same but I think that will be it.. I've already deleted it cause I wasn't happy with it :S

Oh. Alright, no worries. :)
It is your story...you could use a completely different ghost if you wanted.

m&mnm317
May 28th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Oh. Alright, no worries. :)
It is your story...you could use a completely different ghost if you wanted.

I think I'll keep the same ghost, just give a different background... IF I go with that idea that is.. ;)

Grace
May 28th, 2012, 09:57 PM
I think I'll keep the same ghost, just give a different background... IF I go with that idea that is.. ;)Looking forward to it! :D

birthsister
May 29th, 2012, 04:07 AM
My only concern about Sam injuring Dean is that it's out of character. Sam keeps himself tamped down so tight it only seems to come out in rough sex. (Have you noticed Sam is the "slam you against the wall" one, and Dean is the "slow romantic"?)

Anyway, we've seen Dean crack Sam a good one for a variety of offenses (getting possessed, stealing Baby, etc.) but Sam just gets that tight jaw and he walks away. The only time I remember him actually beating the crap out of Dean was when Ruby was involved, and then when he was possessed by Lucifer. Some part of me has always wondered if he just never mentally grew into his size and has a mental block about getting his butt handed to him by Dean, or if he's just so afraid to start waling on his brother that he might never stop.

I think any whumping related to the Amy incident might have to be accidental, but that's just me.

m&mnm317
May 29th, 2012, 06:08 AM
My only concern about Sam injuring Dean is that it's out of character. Sam keeps himself tamped down so tight it only seems to come out in rough sex. (Have you noticed Sam is the "slam you against the wall" one, and Dean is the "slow romantic"?)

Anyway, we've seen Dean crack Sam a good one for a variety of offenses (getting possessed, stealing Baby, etc.) but Sam just gets that tight jaw and he walks away. The only time I remember him actually beating the crap out of Dean was when Ruby was involved, and then when he was possessed by Lucifer. Some part of me has always wondered if he just never mentally grew into his size and has a mental block about getting his butt handed to him by Dean, or if he's just so afraid to start waling on his brother that he might never stop.

I think any whumping related to the Amy incident might have to be accidental, but that's just me.

I can understand that.. The re-injury would have been accidental; I'm not talking about Sam all-out fighting his brother, just maybe a punch then Dean saying something like, "Ya done?" or "Feel better?" then having Sam answer either, "Yeah," or "No," (depending on what I have Dean say) and that would be it of the "violence". From then on it would be brooding anger with Dean trying to hide the fac that he's hurt.

While I understand that Sam is not usually prone to "violence" (especially when it comes to Dean), I also think that emotion would play a big part in this. I mean, when has Dean ever killed a woman that Sam has been or is currently in love with? So I would think that that would be the one reason this could potentially be IC.. But who knows?

What did you think of the other two ideas? I'm not limited to this one ;)

birthsister
May 29th, 2012, 07:40 AM
You could actually combine ideas two and three...Dean backing up, backing up, backing up, thinking this is the thing that is finally going to push Sammy over the edge and into a well aimed and very painful bout of violence....and Boom! down the stairs he goes onto the bad leg. Or to add insult to injury, he almost catches himself, but the leg gives and down he goes. You could perhaps incorporate a little emotional angst (my personal favorite) by causing him to remember a similar incident, falling down the stairs at Lisa's and she rushed to his side, brought him ice packs for his ankle and Ben played card games with him until he was up and around again, but here he doesn't have anyone Sammy's tense and betrayed back. And thus, you have all kind of fun whumpage to decorate your happy place. ...Or...completely ignore me and as you were....

m&mnm317
May 29th, 2012, 08:17 AM
You could actually combine ideas two and three...Dean backing up, backing up, backing up, thinking this is the thing that is finally going to push Sammy over the edge and into a well aimed and very painful bout of violence....and Boom! down the stairs he goes onto the bad leg. Or to add insult to injury, he almost catches himself, but the leg gives and down he goes. You could perhaps incorporate a little emotional angst (my personal favorite) by causing him to remember a similar incident, falling down the stairs at Lisa's and she rushed to his side, brought him ice packs for his ankle and Ben played card games with him until he was up and around again, but here he doesn't have anyone Sammy's tense and betrayed back. And thus, you have all kind of fun whumpage to decorate your happy place. ...Or...completely ignore me and as you were....

Your idea is actually a good one ;) I don't remember stairs being at the motel they were staying at in 7.3 though and that's where that whole scene would take place. ... Keep the ideas coming though! I'm sure we'll figure something out :lol:

Question for you - Why don't you "Reply With Quote" things? I'm curious which is why I'm asking. :)

birthsister
May 29th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Mostly, because I'm lazy, and I never figured out how to do that "hide the spoiler" thing.

As for logistics, it could be an anger that slowly simmers from one town to the next and their NEXT hotel has stairs...although, if I recall, weren't they at Rufus' cabin? He could always fall down the porch steps, go through a rickety railing, or fall into the basement.

m&mnm317
May 29th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Mostly, because I'm lazy, and I never figured out how to do that "hide the spoiler" thing.

As for logistics, it could be an anger that slowly simmers from one town to the next and their NEXT hotel has stairs...although, if I recall, weren't they at Rufus' cabin? He could always fall down the porch steps, go through a rickety railing, or fall into the basement.

Oh yeah! they were! lol.. I'd forgotten that. :D I could definitely work with that..

Lilith
May 29th, 2012, 01:13 PM
:S Well, I'm glad it wasn't serious enough to warrant an overnight stay...

I hate veggies. :P I'm really quite child-like in my tastes.. :) It's actually more, I prefer my veggies raw hence why I prefer regular ramen.. That and it's cheaper yet still filling which is helpful when you have three boys (two small kids and one grownup) who eat through house and home in like two weeks. lol

careful.... ramen may be filling, but its not so nutritious... i once heard about a college kid who accidentally starved to death b/c he was on the ramen diet..... yes, i know all sorts of really weird things :p

Your idea is actually a good one ;) I don't remember stairs being at the motel they were staying at in 7.3 though and that's where that whole scene would take place. ... Keep the ideas coming though! I'm sure we'll figure something out :lol:

Question for you - Why don't you "Reply With Quote" things? I'm curious which is why I'm asking. :)

the motel was exterior corridor, like many of the motels they stay in, which means they can park Baby right outside the room.... Dean's backing up and out of the room and trips on the curb step.... Sam just sighs in exasperation and helps Dena up, but he genuinely hurts his ankle, but figures its not worth bringing up.... that is, if you're deadset on having this scene done at the motel.....

also, i beta read for anyone who needs one, and all my fic ideas are up for grabs, so if you like an idea i throw out and want to run with it, don't be shy :p

m&mnm317
May 29th, 2012, 01:21 PM
careful.... ramen may be filling, but its not so nutritious... i once heard about a college kid who accidentally starved to death b/c he was on the ramen diet..... yes, i know all sorts of really weird things :p

That's kinda my whole point of eating Ramen actually... :S I'm filling myself without actually taking food from my family. ;)

Lilith
May 29th, 2012, 01:29 PM
oh, and i'm also a slasher, so if you know any slash writers looking for ideas or taking prompts, let me know.... i've got a few in the vein as well

m&mnm317
May 29th, 2012, 01:33 PM
oh, and i'm also a slasher, so if you know any slash writers looking for ideas or taking prompts, let me know.... i've got a few in the vein as well

I do slash as well but for some reason, I just don't do that in this fandom for some reason... *shrugs* I guess it's because i don't see a good enough pairing for me to run with it. You know? I know a lot of people favor Castiel/Dean or Wincest but to me, those pairing just don't work..

Lilith
May 29th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I do slash as well but for some reason, I just don't do that in this fandom for some reason... *shrugs* I guess it's because i don't see a good enough pairing for me to run with it. You know? I know a lot of people favor Castiel/Dean or Wincest but to me, those pairing just don't work..

i do slash Destiel, and before that, i really didn't see an slash and incest was one of my squicks.... it's not anymore thanks to a really hot steamy D/C/S fic i once read somewhere.... i'm still not big on the wincest, but i don't avoid it like the plague anymore.... no, this particular bunny sprung from the end of s5 and that pic that Crowley took.... Bobby/Crowley slashers are few, but healthy group.... basically

Crowley return's Bobby's soul back to him intact and without much fanfare, but then he starts doing little things, like leaving a particular text Bobby needs for his research on the kitchen table or giving him a very powerful amulet and saying it's just a little trinket he had laying around and figured Bobby would have a use for it... in short, Crowley's trying to woo Bobby.... i even had the idea of Crowley giving Bobby a rottie/hellhound mix puppy

i'm not looking for anything NC-17... i mean Mark Sheppard's kinda hot, but Jim Beaver doesn't do anything for me... but i'd like a nice little PG-13 schmoopy affair, or as schmoopy as Bobby can get... and let's face it, b/t the two of them no well written IC fic is gonna be below PG-13 :p

RodneyIsGodney
May 29th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Eh, I'm not a slasher. Don't like wincest either.

I love the idea of Dean tripping on the curb and genuinely hurting his ankle...and not telling anyone. I'd so read that!

m&mnm317
May 29th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I love the idea of Dean tripping on the curb and genuinely hurting his ankle...and not telling anyone. I'd so read that!

I would too. :D

RodneyIsGodney
May 29th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I would too. :D
She should write it!:D

Lilith
May 29th, 2012, 03:52 PM
like i said before, i' don't write, but ya'll are welcome to it :D

m&mnm317
May 29th, 2012, 03:54 PM
She should write it!:D

lol

like i said before, i' don't write, but ya'll are welcome to it :D

Anyone else wanna take a shot? RIG - you wanna take a stab?? ;)

RodneyIsGodney
May 29th, 2012, 04:00 PM
lol

Anyone else wanna take a shot? RIG - you wanna take a stab?? ;)
I'm not much for writing these days. I've only written one SPN fic...a short one shot. And, yes, it's on ff.net.:o

m&mnm317
May 29th, 2012, 04:03 PM
I'm not much for writing these days. I've only written one SPN fic...a short one shot. And, yes, it's on ff.net.:o

What's it about??

I'm honestly wondering if writing an IC SPN fic is beyond my capabilities... :( Course, that could be the frustration talking so feel free to ignore me.. I suppose if all else fails I could just write it/him(Dean) and warn people that he's OOC... :confused: Course, then they probably wouldn't read it but whatever... :D

birthsister
May 29th, 2012, 04:10 PM
I've been having a bit trouble whumping him into character for my current fic...I found it helped to create a 'soundtrack' for him. Not just the songs that we hear in the show, but songs that embody 'him'. (Iridescent is one of my favorites for this...I even made a Dean vid to that song). I can listen to it, get into his mind, and he starts behaving even if just long enough to hack out a page or two.

RodneyIsGodney
May 29th, 2012, 04:17 PM
What's it about??
Just a night in the life of Dean and his daughter. Yeah, I like kidfics...DaddyDean is so damn cute. I only wrote it because the mood struck me and I really wanted to see it in writing. Thought I would make into a series of one-shots, still thinkin' 'bout it.

I'm honestly wondering if writing an IC SPN fic is beyond my capabilities... :( Course, that could be the frustration talking so feel free to ignore me.. I suppose if all else fails I could just write it/him(Dean) and warn people that he's OOC... :confused: Course, then they probably wouldn't read it but whatever... :D
Sorry... IC?

m&mnm317
May 29th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Sorry... IC?

In Character :) What I mean by an in character SPN fic is that the characters are IC.. lol I think I've written in only one genre where I didn't struggle with the character and that was Grimm, lol.

RodneyIsGodney
May 29th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Right, yes. Silly me.:rolleyes: I'm usually way smarter than this.:o

m&mnm317
May 29th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Right, yes. Silly me.:rolleyes: I'm usually way smarter than this.:o

I'm sure you've had a long day and I know you have stuff on your mind other than fanfiction lingo :)

Lilith
May 29th, 2012, 04:30 PM
my muses tend to die on me mid fic, so i have a bunch of wip fics sitting on my flash drive... when i get a particularly interesting bunny, i try to foist it off on someone else, /bc knowing me, i'll sit down to write it, and the next thing i know, it's joined my graveyard....i have this little ficlet i wrote last year that AU from the end of Lucifer Rising, and Cas is a bit OC for the time frame... he's actually pretty IC if it were current Cas and not end of s4 Cas.... just read back thru it the other day, and dear god, does it need a beta makeover... my tenses are all over the place.... i'm planning to go back and edit it, but in the mean time, if anyone's interested, here's the link: http://ayankha.livejournal.com/17618.html#cutid1

RodneyIsGodney
May 29th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I'm sure you've had a long day and I know you have stuff on your mind other than fanfiction lingo :)
Yes, I have. Also...I'm having so much trouble typing on my laptop. My cursor keeps...jumping around! I'll be typing up a sentence then all of a sudden letters are appearing in sentence two rows up! Or it jumps back in the sentence I'm in the middle of typing! It's making posting quite difficult.

m&mnm317
May 29th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Yes, I have. Also...I'm having so much trouble typing on my laptop. My cursor keeps...jumping around! I'll be typing up a sentence then all of a sudden letters are appearing in sentence two rows up! Or it jumps back in the sentence I'm in the middle of typing! It's making posting quite difficult.

That's gotta be annoying... I know it would drive me crazy

RodneyIsGodney
May 29th, 2012, 04:41 PM
It really is!

Meanwhile...the sky outside my house!
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m596/DeanWinchesterIsMine/IMG_20120529_203147.jpg

m&mnm317
May 29th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Nice! It's sunny here.. Bleh!

birthsister
May 29th, 2012, 04:42 PM
I got the coolest pic of the sky outside mine....the storm front moving in was practically in a straight line, with the sky bisected with light and ark. It looked like it was CGIed!

RodneyIsGodney
May 29th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Post it!

Thunderstorms rolling through my state. Also very windy!

birthsister
May 29th, 2012, 04:43 PM
LOL, that should be DARK, not 'ark'...frelling typos!

RodneyIsGodney
May 29th, 2012, 04:44 PM
HA-ha!

RodneyIsGodney
May 29th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Daddy's Girl. (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7738361/1/Daddys_Girl) My story...if anyone's interested in reading it.:o

m&mnm317
May 29th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Thanks for posting it!

RodneyIsGodney
May 29th, 2012, 05:03 PM
You're welcome. I thought nobody was interested since no one responded to my description of it. What it's about. But I thought I'd post it anyway.:) Hope it's not too horrible.:o

Lilith
May 29th, 2012, 05:07 PM

lemme guess, the mouse on your laptop is a touchpad? i've perminantly turned mine off.... instead i have a wireless usb mouse that i use all the time.... it's a laser point mouse so i can use it on any surface and it's erganomically disigned for ambidetrious use, not that i use it with my left hand much.... i remember having that same problem before i bought my mouse

Lilith
May 29th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Daddy's Girl. (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7738361/1/Daddys_Girl) My story...if anyone's interested in reading it.:o

gah! that was adorably cute beyond what cute should be.... srsly, my cavities have cavities, and somewhere the "My Little Ponies" ponies are rolling over in their graves b/c there's something cuter than them in exsistance x3

RodneyIsGodney
May 29th, 2012, 06:22 PM
lemme guess, the mouse on your laptop is a touchpad? i've perminantly turned mine off.... instead i have a wireless usb mouse that i use all the time.... it's a laser point mouse so i can use it on any surface and it's erganomically disigned for ambidetrious use, not that i use it with my left hand much.... i remember having that same problem before i bought my mouse
Yes, it is a touchpad but I have the same type of mouse as you.;) How you turn off your touchpad?

gah! that was adorably cute beyond what cute should be.... srsly, my cavities have cavities, and somewhere the "My Little Ponies" ponies are rolling over in their graves b/c there's something cuter than them in exsistance x3
Really? It wasn't bad? Wow! Thank you.:D

Lilith
May 29th, 2012, 06:35 PM
for my comp, it's FN+F1 or you can go into control panel and turn it off that way....

i have a soft spot for cute, and your fic hit bulleye :p

RodneyIsGodney
May 29th, 2012, 06:45 PM
for my comp, it's FN+F1 or you can go into control panel and turn it off that way....
Got it. How do you turn it back on? FN+ something?

i have a soft spot for cute, and your fic hit bulleye :p
Glad you liked it.:) I was aiming for cute.;)

m&mnm317
May 29th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Hm.. that fic we were talking about earlier is kinda burrowing itself into my head, lol

m&mnm317
May 30th, 2012, 12:02 PM

Okay... So I've kinda started this one... Kinda.. What I did was I took my first and third ideas and mixed it with this one. So I have Sam taking a swing at Dean (who doesn't expect it) who stumbles down the porch stairs and hurts his ankle (which is weakened and stiff from almost four weeks' disuse). And things kinda go from there, namely Dean trying to deny that he's hurt which Sam doesn't believe for a second but knows that his brother won't tell him so he tries to come up with other ways of getting him to fess up.. Things he knows Dean shouldn't be doing if he's injured but also knows Dean won't turn down because he wants to appear fine..

What say you? (I love that question/phrase, lol) Yay? Nay?

Lilith
May 30th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Got it. How do you turn it back on? FN+ something?

Glad you liked it.:) I was aiming for cute.;)

same configuration.... FN+F1

kiddie!fics never fail to turn me into a puddle of goo.... they are my kryptonite.... oh jeez! new bunny!! *headdesk* your prompt, if you choose to accept it, is Dean gets cursed by a witch and turns into his four year old self... all his memories are pre-mary dying.... the curse takes into effect sometime after Dean has already ganked her.... Sam is away for whatever reason - either during that time the boys went their seperate ways after War, or is stuck in the cage, or something - and it's up to a fallen Cas, with help from Bobby, to both take care of little Dean and find a cure good luck :p

Okay... So I've kinda started this one... Kinda.. What I did was I took my first and third ideas and mixed it with this one. So I have Sam taking a swing at Dean (who doesn't expect it) who stumbles down the porch stairs and hurts his ankle (which is weakened and stiff from almost four weeks' disuse). And things kinda go from there, namely Dean trying to deny that he's hurt which Sam doesn't believe for a second but knows that his brother won't tell him so he tries to come up with other ways of getting him to fess up.. Things he knows Dean shouldn't be doing if he's injured but also knows Dean won't turn down because he wants to appear fine..

What say you? (I love that question/phrase, lol) Yay? Nay?

Mmm... h/c winchester style.....

m&mnm317
May 30th, 2012, 12:29 PM
same configuration.... FN+F1

kiddie!fics never fail to turn me into a puddle of goo.... they are my kryptonite.... oh jeez! new bunny!! *headdesk* your prompt, if you choose to accept it, is Dean gets cursed by a witch and turns into his four year old self... all his memories are pre-mary dying.... the curse takes into effect sometime after Dean has already ganked her.... Sam is away for whatever reason - either during that time the boys went their seperate ways after War, or is stuck in the cage, or something - and it's up to a fallen Cas, with help from Bobby, to both take care of little Dean and find a cure good luck :p

Mmm... h/c winchester style.....

Yeah, for some odd reason, not a kiddie!fic person; meaning any fic where Dean either is or has a kid, not my style. :S

:) So I guess you like the idea?

Lilith
May 30th, 2012, 01:16 PM
kid!fic if written correctly an be v good.... there's this BBC!Sherlock fic i'm following where john has been turned into a toddler by one of Mycroft's inept ppl and, although he is growing at in acclerated rate, he still has a second childhood and sherlock is determined to make it the best any child could ask for.... it's very cute and addorable, and flat out hilarious in some points, absolutely heart wrenching in others, and just in general, plays the audience like a fiddle

and yes, me likes! :D

RodneyIsGodney
May 30th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I love kid!fics wherein Dean has a child, preferably a daughter. Something about Dean with a little girl just turns my insides to jello. I think my love for these types of kid!fics stems from not getting to see Dean interact with kids (little girls) that much. And Lilith does not count, she was evil! And, just in general guys with kids make me melt.

De-aged kid!fics I'm not so fond of, even though I do take a gander. I will only read those of they are done well.

m&mnm317
May 30th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Okay, so this is what I have so far for that ankle fic.. I just want to know your general opinions and whether or not I seem to have a firm grip on the character.. If you don't mind that is. :)

The Impala purred as it drove back to Rufus’ old cabin, rumbling almost happily under his hands as he steered. Dean stared blankly out of the windshield, taking this time to erase the evidence of where he’d just been from his face and mind so that Sam wouldn’t see. Though he fully believed that he’d done what had been necessary, Dean knew that his little brother wouldn’t agree. He knew that Sam had once been in love with Amy and, if he would be honest with Dean, probably still was, even if it was just a little bit. Once Sam found out that Dean had killed Amy instead of letting her go like he’d said and had just left her son to fend for himself, the Sasquatch would more than likely attack. Oh sure, Sam being more mild-tempered than Dean, it wouldn’t be an all-out assault but it would be enough for Sam to vent his anger and hurt.

A grimace briefly crossed his face as his recently broken leg reminded him that it hadn’t been ready for all he’d made it do – namely, bearing half his weight. Even as he’d sawed through the cast, Dean had known that he would eventually regret not giving his leg more time to heal but at the time, he’d been more worried about Sam than he had his own health so he’d done it anyways. At first the leg wouldn’t even hold his weight but it had been more weakness in his knee than it had been the leg itself. Annoyingly enough it had left him limping for a good couple of hours but the more he walked, the more weight he forced the knee to hold.

Parking alongside the dilapidated-looking cabin, Dean cleared his throat, clearing as much of the pain from his mind as he could along with it, then slowly got out and headed to the front door. The slight twitch in his eyes was the only wince he gave whenever he put weight on his right leg, his body and mind refusing to allow more to shine through on his face.

There were several things that made Dean a good hunter: his training, his near-perfect aim, and his ability to worry about others before himself were three of his top qualities but what actually did the most for him was his high tolerance for pain. It took a lot for him to show he was hurting and by then it was usually so bad, most normal people would be crying or doped up higher than the moon. It helped that, after his mom had died, he’d tried to just not feel anything; his mind had learned even then how to push pain into the far reaches of his brain and leave it there for another time, when it was more convenient. After all, he’d had other things to worry about, mostly just Sammy. Course, there had never really been a ‘convenient’ time to revisit that dark corner and it usually reared its ugly head when he least needed it to, for instance in the middle of a case when someone is beating the crap outta you.

As he reached the landing of the broke-down porch, the front door swung open. Dean didn’t have time to prepare himself for the fist that swung his way quickly followed by the furiously betrayed eyes of one Sam Winchester. Caught off guard and therefore off balance, the older Winchester stumbled backward, tripping down the rickety stairs before landing awkwardly on his right leg. With the leg already weakened, it collapsed under his weight leaving him semi-sprawled on the dirt drive and staring at the blue sky.

Sonofa*****, he cursed to himself before he climbed back to his feet and held his hands in front of his face, ready to defend in case of another swing. Judging from how pulled that punch was, he doubted Sammy would take another shot but given how unsteady his little brother’s mental status was, Dean wasn’t going to take any chances.

For five minutes, the two brothers stood their ground, neither one advancing on the other; they simply stayed where they were, watching one another. Sam’s chest heaved, his emotions driving his heart rate and breathing up but he made sure to keep his hands by his sides, looking almost relaxed. Dean’s heart ached for his brother but it didn’t compare to the pain he could feel coming from his tender shin and, more strongly, his ankle.

Lilith
May 30th, 2012, 04:21 PM
I love kid!fics wherein Dean has a child, preferably a daughter. Something about Dean with a little girl just turns my insides to jello. I think my love for these types of kid!fics stems from not getting to see Dean interact with kids (little girls) that much. And Lilith does not count, she was evil! And, just in general guys with kids make me melt.

De-aged kid!fics I'm not so fond of, even though I do take a gander. I will only read those of they are done well.

i got confused and my first thought was "Huh, wha? why don't i count?" and then i remembered and was like "oh yea, that Lilith.... creppy children that she was" i still think of her as that Dentist she wore last..... but, kiddie!Lilith so does not count in any way....

looking good M, you got Dean and his perspective of Sam spot on!

Grace
May 30th, 2012, 04:25 PM
i got confused and my first thought was "Huh, wha? why don't i count?" and then i remembered and was like "oh yea, that Lilith.... creppy children that she was" i still think of her as that Dentist she wore last..... but, kiddie!Lilith so does not count in any way....

looking good M, you got Dean and his perspective of Sam spot on!

LOL!!!!

Nice job M! Gave it a quick read through and really think you've got it down. :D

m&mnm317
May 30th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Yay!!!! *dances*

birthsister
May 31st, 2012, 06:50 AM
Hey M, I got you some hurt comfort fic....I hate you, btw. I don't do hurt comfort, I don't do AU, I don't do non canon, but the frelling muse wouldn't let this one go. She was gnawing at this ankle fic like a dog with a bone. LMK when you're around and I'll send it to you.

m&mnm317
May 31st, 2012, 07:17 AM
Hey M, I got you some hurt comfort fic....I hate you, btw. I don't do hurt comfort, I don't do AU, I don't do non canon, but the frelling muse wouldn't let this one go. She was gnawing at this ankle fic like a dog with a bone. LMK when you're around and I'll send it to you.

Wait, are you blaming me for the ankle fic?? Um, sorry?? lol. I'm around! :)

birthsister
May 31st, 2012, 07:22 AM
Ok, it's five pages...should I email it? and yes, i'm blaming you :D

m&mnm317
May 31st, 2012, 07:26 AM
Ok, it's five pages...should I email it? and yes, i'm blaming you :D

:lol: Blame away my friend, blame away. :) yeah, go ahead and email it. My email is [email protected] and no, I don't mind putting my email in a thread. :)

birthsister
May 31st, 2012, 07:29 AM
You've got mail.

m&mnm317
May 31st, 2012, 07:30 AM
You've got mail.

Yay :D

m&mnm317
May 31st, 2012, 08:24 AM
You've got mail.

Ditto ;)

birthsister
May 31st, 2012, 08:35 AM
So, it passed muster for my first hurt/comfort? Not sure if it needed to be more graphic or not...

m&mnm317
May 31st, 2012, 08:42 AM
So, it passed muster for my first hurt/comfort? Not sure if it needed to be more graphic or not...

No, I think it's perfect the way it is and yes, it passed for h/c. :) There was some comfort in it, just not from the present. It totally worked. It was bittersweet but very well written. I actually wish there had been more to it, you know? lol But! Such is the way with good fics ;)

m&mnm317
May 31st, 2012, 09:04 AM
Hahaha... I think it's actually easier for me to write Bobby than it is Dean. :lol:

Lilith
May 31st, 2012, 09:12 AM
Bobby is the epitome of "crappy old man"..... i haven't forgotten about your fic M, but i haven't had a chance to sit down and read it... i've been on errands all week.... i printed it out last night and decided to take a red pen to it today in b/t errands.... i haven't gotten very far, but so far its looking pretty good.... your sentence structure needs a little work and you're bit verbose when you don't have to be, but it defo IC so far

m&mnm317
May 31st, 2012, 09:16 AM
Bobby is the epitome of "crappy old man"..... i haven't forgotten about your fic M, but i haven't had a chance to sit down and read it... i've been on errands all week.... i printed it out last night and decided to take a red pen to it today in b/t errands.... i haven't gotten very far, but so far its looking pretty good.... your sentence structure needs a little work and you're bit verbose when you don't have to be, but it defo IC so far

You know what - don't worry about the fic.. :) I think I'm going to scrap that one anyways. ;)

m&mnm317
June 1st, 2012, 07:24 PM
Uh-oh... :o I think I may have caught the Dean/Castiel bug.... :S

I've been reading more and more of those fics and it's beginning to appeal to me, lol.

Lilith
June 2nd, 2012, 05:28 AM
You know what - don't worry about the fic.. :) I think I'm going to scrap that one anyways. ;)

:rolleyes: nao she tells me :p i'm gonna finish it up anyways.... i could use the practice and it'll help your charcterization, since that's what you're worried most about

Uh-oh... :o I think I may have caught the Dean/Castiel bug.... :S

I've been reading more and more of those fics and it's beginning to appeal to me, lol.

yes, join us! have you read any wing!fic yet? they are few but v adicting.... ooh! there's one i read where Cas was molting and it made him like really really horny and when dean wakes up the morning after, there's angel feathers everywhere like Cas's wings exploded when he did

m&mnm317
June 2nd, 2012, 12:57 PM
:rolleyes: nao she tells me :p i'm gonna finish it up anyways.... i could use the practice and it'll help your charcterization, since that's what you're worried most about

Plus it'll be like a trial run for us when it comes to seeing if we can do good with the writer/beta friendship. :)

yes, join us! have you read any wing!fic yet? they are few but v adicting.... ooh! there's one i read where Cas was molting and it made him like really really horny and when dean wakes up the morning after, there's angel feathers everywhere like Cas's wings exploded when he did

I've read one fic where Castiel used his wings to keep Dean safe while they waited for rescue but not much beyond that.. I've had an idea for a fic for the two fo them bouncing around in my head but we'll see how it comes out on paper. :) It'll definitely be an AU but whatever. :D

Lilith
June 2nd, 2012, 05:09 PM
those i'll definately beta for you :p its so hard to find a good beta willing to read slash ;)

m&mnm317
June 2nd, 2012, 07:12 PM
those i'll definately beta for you :p its so hard to find a good beta willing to read slash ;)

:D That's true. Especially considering my main beta for SPN isn't a slash fan.

RodneyIsGodney
June 4th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I asked this earlier but I don't know if I got an answer so I'll ask again...

How do you make an outline for a fic? I think, if I know how to do this I'll be able to successfully write a fic. Maybe.

Lilith
June 4th, 2012, 04:42 PM
I asked this earlier but I don't know if I got an answer so I'll ask again...

How do you make an outline for a fic? I think, if I know how to do this I'll be able to successfully write a fic. Maybe.

ever write an outline for a research paper? same concept.... tho i always preferred doing concept webs instead... but basically your prompt/plot is your central point and then you branch off from there... like if its a multi-chapter fic, each chapter is its own branch.... i have an old outline for a indefinately stalled fic of mine... it was supposed to be a multi-chaptered fic that followed Doctor Who/Torchwood cannon fairly closely with a minor Highlander crossover.... unfortunately, i only ever got one chapter written, [( book1, ch 5 which is where it all started )] putting under spoiler tags b/c tho i never got it written, it's pretty huge....
Bad Wolf Rising
Table of Contents
Preface: Fenris
Part One: Rose
Ch. 01: Aliens [( thru Rose )]
Ch. 02: We’re Not in London Anymore [( thru End of the World )]
Ch. 03: Invasion! Or Not…[( thru Aliens of London/WWIII )]
Ch. 04: Pepper Pots and Tabloids [( thru Dalek and The Long Game )]
Part Two: Jack
Ch. 05: Con Man [( post The Empty Child/Doctor Dances )]
Ch. 06: Baby [( post Boom Town, thru Bad Wolf/PoW )]
Ch. 07: Stranded [( post PoW )]
Ch. 08: The Immortal [( 1869 thru Fragments )]
Part Three: Rose
Ch. 09: Broken Ties [( thru Christmas Invasion )]
Ch. 10: Cats, Queens, and Wolves, Oh My! [( thru New Earth and Tooth and Claw )]
Ch. 11: Tin Dogs to Tin Men [( School Reunion thru RotC/Age of Steel )]
Ch. 12: Daemons [( Impossible Planet/Satan's Pit and Fear Her )]
Part Four: Torchwood
Ch. 13: Starting from Scratch [( Fragments )]
Ch. 14: The Fall [( Army of Ghosts/Doomsday )]
Ch. 15: Reincarnation's a ***** [( Everything Changes )]

The Bad Wolf: The Methos Chronicles

Table of Contents

Preface: 10,000 Years
Part One: Parenting
Ch. 01: Secrets Revealed

The Bad Wolf: The Rose Reality

Table of Contents

Ch. 01: Starting from Scratch
Ch. 02: A Spaceship over London
Ch. 03: For the Planet
Ch. 04: The Morning After
Ch. 05: To Parliament!

hope that helps RiG!

RodneyIsGodney
June 4th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Idea...

What do you guys think of starting an SPN RPG here on GW?

I'm a member of an SGA RPG here and it is fun to write for. Unfortunately it has been abandoned for a year by all but me. I keep adding to it, continuing to write my story line but it's just not the same.:( I go back there every now and then to re-read the parts I wrote, it reminds me that I can write, that I have that ability. And that I'm not a horrible writer. I think it would be fun to write for an SPN RPG but I understand if you guys don't want to what with writing fics and all.;) It might be a bit much. It's just a thought I had.

Here is a link to my SGA RPG --->The Taking Over The Universe Plott (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/54166-The-Taking-over-the-Universe-plott?p=13218562#post13218562), in case you want to check it out. The link will take you to the last page of the thread as I joined the RPG kinda late and the bulk of my contributions are near the end.;)

If you want to see my first contribution ---> Here it is. (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/54166-The-Taking-over-the-Universe-plott?p=8721880&viewfull=1#post8721880)

Again, I totally understand if you guys don't want to do an RPG.;)

RodneyIsGodney
June 4th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Oh, Whoa! Lilith, that is...wow! Yeah, that helps. Thanks!

m&mnm317
June 4th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Okay, as far as the outline goes, Lilith has it nailed! :)

And what's a RPG????

Grace
June 4th, 2012, 06:02 PM
RPG=Role Playing Game
I've never done one, but basically you pick a character and write as the character. Am I right, RiG?

It sounds fun. However, I'm a super slow writer (just ask M) and I don't want to hold anyone back.

RodneyIsGodney
June 4th, 2012, 06:07 PM
RPG=Role Playing Game
I've never done one, but basically you pick a character and write as the character. Am I right, RiG?
Yes. However, the RPG I'm part of is different, it's kind of like a round robin. Which is where we all take turns writing the story.

It sounds fun. However, I'm a super slow writer (just ask M) and I don't want to hold anyone back.
Ah, okay.

Lilith
June 4th, 2012, 06:58 PM
i started a spn rpg once on another site once full of spn fans.... unfortunately only one other person joined in.... we went strong for about a month before we just stalled.... i was constantly reffering to google earth for actual town names and realistic travel times and routes.... i love to rp, but i've done it round robin style.... i'm uncomfortable writing other ppl's charcters tho there have been times when i wish i had permission :p but you can definately count me in! i'll post excerpts from my old rp so you can get a feel for what i'm used to tomorrow.... i'm currently on my ipod right nao so i don't have access to that site

m&mnm317
June 4th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Yes. However, the RPG I'm part of is different, it's kind of like a round robin. Which is where we all take turns writing the story.

Ah, okay.

i started a spn rpg once on another site once full of spn fans.... unfortunately only one other person joined in.... we went strong for about a month before we just stalled.... i was constantly reffering to google earth for actual town names and realistic travel times and routes.... i love to rp, but i've done it round robin style.... i'm uncomfortable writing other ppl's charcters tho there have been times when i wish i had permission :p but you can definately count me in! i'll post excerpts from my old rp so you can get a feel for what i'm used to tomorrow.... i'm currently on my ipod right nao so i don't have access to that site

I have never actualy RP'd.. I wouldn't mind joining in but I don't think I'd be very good at it and my writing muse seems to have stalled.. I've begun like 4 or 5 different SPN fics and I haven't been able to finish a one.. :(

Lilith
June 4th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Okay, as far as the outline goes, Lilith has it nailed! :)

And what's a RPG????

yea.... i wrote the one ch and then the prologue and didn't how to tie them together so i sat down and created a table of contents with ch titles... then o went back and added notes so i'd remember why i chose those titles and to remember the pace i had wanted to set.... rose reality was supposed to be a short interlude, but spawned into its own spin-off with a highlander/sg1 crossover.... i stalled out on that about half way thru ch5 which is why i don't have more outlined for it.... and all that started with Jack's line in the TW premiere "atleast i won't get pregnant.... never doing that again" and my brain totally went "omg! jack the doctor were gonna have a baby but it died when the daleks killed jack! but wait! what if rose saved the baby too when she went all bad wolf but they didn't know" thus ^ was born....

m&mnm317
June 4th, 2012, 07:10 PM
yea.... i wrote the one ch and then the prologue and didn't how to tie them together so i sat down and created a table of contents with ch titles... then o went back and added notes so i'd remember why i chose those titles and to remember the pace i had wanted to set.... rose reality was supposed to be a short interlude, but spawned into its own spin-off with a highlander/sg1 crossover.... i stalled out on that about half way thru ch5 which is why i don't have more outlined for it.... and all that started with Jack's line in the TW premiere "atleast i won't get pregnant.... never doing that again" and my brain totally went "omg! jack the doctor were gonna have a baby but it died when the daleks killed jack! but wait! what if rose saved the baby too when she went all bad wolf but they didn't know" thus ^ was born....

Wow! Yeah, I have 6 unifinished fics on FF that I need to get done; one of which (Doctor Who/SGA Crossover) I'm completely rewriting, another (Doctor Who/Harry Potter) I only have two chapters posted.. :eyerolls:

Lilith
June 4th, 2012, 07:16 PM
I have never actualy RP'd.. I wouldn't mind joining in but I don't think I'd be very good at it and my writing muse seems to have stalled.. I've begun like 4 or 5 different SPN fics and I haven't been able to finish a one.. :(

that's the great thing about text based rp! it's a great cure for writer's block.... you're not creating the entire story by yourself, it's a collaborative work... you write til you stall then hand it to someone else and then they do the same and round and round it goes.... it's a never ending story b/c someone always has something to add and most RPs are about developing OCs and in a fandom like this, cannical characters are generally NPCs, non- playable chars, that can be refferenced but generally don't make an appearance.... and anything posted in an RP is generally fair game for fic material.... main characters aren't, but side chacters and situations are

m&mnm317
June 4th, 2012, 07:19 PM
that's the great thing about text based rp! it's a great cure for writer's block.... you're not creating the entire story by yourself, it's a collaborative work... you write til you stall then hand it to someone else and then they do the same and round and round it goes.... it's a never ending story b/c someone always has something to add and most RPs are about developing OCs and in a fandom like this, cannical characters are generally NPCs, non- playable chars, that can be refferenced but generally don't make an appearance.... and anything posted in an RP is generally fair game for fic material.... main characters aren't, but side chacters and situations are

That all sounds a little confusing :lol:

Lilith
June 4th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Wow! Yeah, I have 6 unifinished fics on FF that I need to get done; one of which (Doctor Who/SGA Crossover) I'm completely rewriting, another (Doctor Who/Harry Potter) I only have two chapters posted.. :eyerolls:

i don't post WIPs.... at all.... the few times i did when i first started writing never got finished and the existing ch almost got rewritten cept ppl liked them and wanted continuations not a new story altogether.... since i myself don't like stumbling upon unfinished/abandoned WIPs, and i know my dendancy to stall 4-5 ch in, i refuse to post anything not finished.... that also mean for my one shots, what you see is what you get and there's a good chance no sequal

Lilith
June 4th, 2012, 07:27 PM
That all sounds a little confusing :lol:

it's not really! it just sounds intimidating b/c it's ur first time and you're a fanfic writer.... RP is not writing, it's an exercise in imagination.... i'll post the full RP with rules and OOC discussions to my LJ and then link it here so you read it all and judge for youself

m&mnm317
June 4th, 2012, 07:29 PM
it's not really! it just sounds intimidating b/c it's ur first time and you're a fanfic writer.... RP is not writing, it's an exercise in imagination.... i'll post the full RP with rules and OOC discussions to my LJ and then link it here so you read it all and judge for youself

Okay, thanks. :)

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 09:18 AM
okay here it is! i split it into three parts, but each part is linked at the bottom... it works as an example and we only stopped b/c Mac disappeared on me.... so, please enjoy How to Fight an Apocolypse, an SPN RP (http://ayankha.livejournal.com/17771.html) :p

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 09:23 AM
okay here it is! i split it into three parts, but each part is linked at the bottom... it works as an example and we only stopped b/c Mac disappeared on me.... so, please enjoy How to Fight an Apocolypse, an SPN RP (http://ayankha.livejournal.com/17771.html) :p

Okay, so basically you create your own character (everything for that character) then you just write from that character's POV??

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 09:42 AM
yep! like i said before, it's great for writers block b/c you you can pretty much write anything, and some writers throw out some great ideas that they'll never use again and don't mind giving to other ppl who want them

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 09:54 AM
yep! like i said before, it's great for writers block b/c you you can pretty much write anything, and some writers throw out some great ideas that they'll never use again and don't mind giving to other ppl who want them

Well, I can certainly give it a try if RiG still wants to create one.. :) I can't guarantee anything fantastic to come out though. :o

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I'm in the same boat.:( Which is why an RPG is a good thing, like Lilith said.;)

Okay, so basically you create your own character (everything for that character) then you just write from that character's POV??
Yes, if that's the kind of RPG we want to do. In my SGA RPG that I linked to our characters were basically ourselves. We used our GW names and just immersed ourselves in the world of Atlantis.

Well, I can certainly give it a try if RiG still wants to create one.. :) I can't guarantee anything fantastic to come out though. :o
Seems there might be some interest but...I'm not sure I know how to create one. I'm a follower, not a leader.:o But, I suppose we could put our collective brains together and suss out a plot. We'd also need a title for it of course. Oh, and there will be no timed writing schedule for it. You can write a piece/part no matter how long or short, when ever you can.;)

We'd also need a chatter thread for the RPG so that we don't clutter the RPG thread. A place were we can discuss plot points, characters and what we want to have happen to our characters. Also for suggestions. Uhm...oh! For my SGA RPG we had a "Group", but that was because we didn't have a chatter thread.;)

The first SGA RPG I was a member of here on GW sort of had a writing shcedule at first and then I think when control was handed over to another member and that member wanted to know when everyone was available to write and who would take which episode (we had episodes back then, I chose ep13 because I wanted to make it a horror ep). We had to report which days we were able to write and such. UGH! I don't remember the specifics but I think we had to come up with the title and plot for our individual episode. It was too much for us so we all parted ways. That's when I joined the RPG I linked to. If you haven't checked it out please do! I'm interested in what you think, if I got Rodney and Carson IC and not OOC. It's okay if you don't though.;)

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 12:48 PM
i'm keeping Sarah... i didn't get a chance to develop her the way i wanted to :p

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I'm in the same boat.:( Which is why an RPG is a good thing, like Lilith said.;)

Yes, if that's the kind of RPG we want to do. In my SGA RPG that I linked to our characters were basically ourselves. We used our GW names and just immersed ourselves in the world of Atlantis.

Seems there might be some interest but...I'm not sure I know how to create one. I'm a follower, not a leader.:o But, I suppose we could put our collective brains together and suss out a plot. We'd also need a title for it of course. Oh, and there will be no timed writing schedule for it. You can write a piece/part no matter how long or short, when ever you can.;)

We'd also need a chatter thread for the RPG so that we don't clutter the RPG thread. A place were we can discuss plot points, characters and what we want to have happen to our characters. Also for suggestions. Uhm...oh! For my SGA RPG we had a "Group", but that was because we didn't have a chatter thread.;)

The first SGA RPG I was a member of here on GW sort of had a writing shcedule at first and then I think when control was handed over to another member and that member wanted to know when everyone was available to write and who would take which episode (we had episodes back then, I chose ep13 because I wanted to make it a horror ep). We had to report which days we were able to write and such. UGH! I don't remember the specifics but I think we had to come up with the title and plot for our individual episode. It was too much for us so we all parted ways. That's when I joined the RPG I linked to. If you haven't checked it out please do! I'm interested in what you think, if I got Rodney and Carson IC and not OOC. It's okay if you don't though.;)

well if eveyone's participating, we can just use this thread as dual purpose..... we also need to decide when the RP will be set... my old one was set in s5 and cannical characters were NPCs... i don't mind taking the helm, i'm an old hat at RPing....

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I'd prefer we make up characters because my GW name sucks :lol: Unless you use my nickname M but then that sounds like I should be in James Bond :P

I'll check out the SGA-linked-one later. :) Gotta make lunch then switch over laundry and dishes and get something planned out for dinner.. lol

Why don't we make a group for the RPG then make a chatter thread for it? Wait, how do groups work?? lol I don't think I've ever truly participated in one :o

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I'd prefer we make up characters because my GW name sucks :lol: Unless you use my nickname M but then that sounds like I should be in James Bond :P

I'll check out the SGA-linked-one later. :) Gotta make lunch then switch over laundry and dishes and get something planned out for dinner.. lol

Why don't we make a group for the RPG then make a chatter thread for it? Wait, how do groups work?? lol I don't think I've ever truly participated in one :o

sorta like a user created sub-forum.... i'm a part of a few groups but i tend to forget to check them for new posts since they don't show up in my control panel :o:p

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 01:11 PM
well if eveyone's participating, we can just use this thread as dual purpose..... we also need to decide when the RP will be set... my old one was set in s5 and cannical characters were NPCs... i don't mind taking the helm, i'm an old hat at RPing....
The helm is yours.;)

LOL! Yes, I want to make up a character too!

No problemo!;)

Whether we use this tread or start another thread I'm open to either suggestion.:)

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 01:15 PM

Take it away my friend! Take it away!

Honestly?? I think I'd prefer a separate thread for RPG just so, if someone has FF ideas or wants to brainstorm, it doesn't get lost in all the chatter and ideas for the RPG.. :S

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 01:22 PM
okay, done! here's (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/85061-Supernatural-RPG-brainstorming-and-OOC-discussion-thread?p=13370041#post13370041) the chatter thread... once we get a story arc decided, i'll edit my opening post with it and a character reference sheet

Grace
June 5th, 2012, 01:23 PM
okay, done! here's (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/85061-Supernatural-RPG-brainstorming-and-OOC-discussion-thread?p=13370041#post13370041) the chatter thread... once we get a story arc decided, i'll edit my opening post with it and a character reference sheet

This sounds like a lot of fun! :D
I'm subscribed. :D

RodneyIsGodney
June 5th, 2012, 01:32 PM
This sounds like a lot of fun! :D
I'm subscribed. :D
Me too!:D

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Me too!:D

Me three! :D

birthsister
June 5th, 2012, 03:03 PM
So, there I am on the treadmill today listening to Kesha when the muse started speaking to me. I hate it when she decides to chat when I can't take notes, like when I'm driving, working out, taking a shower....

Anyway, she wants me to write this fic set in the AU universe of the Titanic episode...am I correct in thinking the boys had an easier load, then? They didn't seem so caught up in the angst, were easier on each other, the edges a little less sharp, yes?

And if that is the case, what could have caused it? Bobby was always an influence in their lives, so it's not just the Bobby connection. Ellen? having a surrogate mother instead of a surrogate father? Would love to hear some input as I bang this one out....frelling muse...

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 03:05 PM
So, there I am on the treadmill today listening to Kesha when the muse started speaking to me. I hate it when she decides to chat when I can't take notes, like when I'm driving, working out, taking a shower....

Anyway, she wants me to write this fic set in the AU universe of the Titanic episode...am I correct in thinking the boys had an easier load, then? They didn't seem so caught up in the angst, were easier on each other, the edges a little less sharp, yes?

And if that is the case, what could have caused it? Bobby was always an influence in their lives, so it's not just the Bobby connection. Ellen? having a surrogate mother instead of a surrogate father? Would love to hear some input as I bang this one out....frelling muse...

I'm jealous! Every time I work out, my muse spaces out with it. lol

They did seem a little lighter in that ep.. I think it was having a surrogate mother to share the load a bit that helped.. They knew they could leave Bobby because he was in good hands with Ellen while they weren't there, leaving them to focus on their job.

Grace
June 5th, 2012, 03:13 PM

Oooh! Sounds like a great idea! :D

Maybe they were a little less angsty because they didn't lose as much...with Ellen and Jo and Bobby, it would have been like having a family again.

birthsister
June 5th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Ok, then here's the next question...if the five of them are like a family unit now, would Dean cross the line to have a "friends with benefits" relationship with Jo? I'm thinking this could go either way: really icky, or a natural progression for two people growing up in a dangerous lifestyle with limited opportunities to find a partner who can relate. I'm not saying "exclusive" here, but when they're in the same vicinity and of the same mind, it's not an unusual circumstance. And when they fall into someone else's bed, neither one gets their knickers in a knot over it. Thoughts? (And I'm looking for thoughts on this particular personal dynamic, not one whether Jo and Dean are a viable couple). Thankee :D

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Ok, then here's the next question...if the five of them are like a family unit now, would Dean cross the line to have a "friends with benefits" relationship with Jo? I'm thinking this could go either way: really icky, or a natural progression for two people growing up in a dangerous lifestyle with limited opportunities to find a partner who can relate. I'm not saying "exclusive" here, but when they're in the same vicinity and of the same mind, it's not an unusual circumstance. And when they fall into someone else's bed, neither one gets their knickers in a knot over it. Thoughts? (And I'm looking for thoughts on this particular personal dynamic, not one whether Jo and Dean are a viable couple). Thankee :D

A part of me thinks that Dean wouldn't care and would jump Jo but it would just be sex to him.. (although I LOVED your fic about comparing scars with them!!!!). However, another thought I have is that he would, on some level, find it a bit weird and he would be scared of Ellen finding out. I do like the idea of the two of them together but if they're a surrogate family, it's a bit weird :S

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Yay!! I finished a chapter for a SPN fic!!!!! :lol: Now to write the rest of the story.. :D

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 04:08 PM
for all the blantant UST floating around b/t Dean and Jo, i've always seen their relationship as familial.... idk.... like dean thinks of jo as a sister... a really hot sister that he might one day sleep with, but a sister no less -shrugs- i think living with rednecks have rotted my brain in that respect :S

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 04:11 PM
for all the blantant UST floating around b/t Dean and Jo, i've always seen their relationship as familial.... idk.... like dean thinks of jo as a sister... a really hot sister that he might one day sleep with, but a sister no less -shrugs- i think living with rednecks have rotted my brain in that respect :S

I think he thought of her as hot but after working with her, he started thinking of her as a sister and therefore wouldn't sleep with her.. Though, the kiss before she died suggested otherwise I guess ... :S I dunno.. I mean, like I said, I like the idea of them together, (birthsister did a very good fic that way) but if they're a familial unit, not so much.. It's too much like incest for me.

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 04:17 PM
yea... i'm not big on incest either.... which is why i was always kinda confused with the whole dean/jo thing.... i mean there were times when they flirted, but then there times when they were so familial with each other.... i guess i just bought into the familial bond more strongly than the UST....

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 04:20 PM
yea... i'm not big on incest either.... which is why i was always kinda confused with the whole dean/jo thing.... i mean there were times when they flirted, but then there times when they were so familial with each other.... i guess i just bought into the familial bond more strongly than the UST....

What's UST??

To me, it depended on the vibe that I got from them at the time. You know? Like there were times when I sensed sexual tension but there were times when I felt a sense of family as well so I would just go with how things felt at the time, you know?

Like, for this instance, I would say family and no sexual tension because they are acting more like a family than anything else. But! Being not blood-related, they could throw in some light flirting when interacting, just because they can.

Lilith
June 5th, 2012, 04:24 PM
exactly! they flirt, but it's all show....

UST stands for unresolved sexual tension

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 04:26 PM
exactly! they flirt, but it's all show....

UST stands for unresolved sexual tension

Exactly. :) Oh! Okay. :) I just say sexual tension. :D

m&mnm317
June 5th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Don't look now but I think I may have a flow going with a SPN fic :eek:

Grace
June 5th, 2012, 10:31 PM

Yay!!! :D Looking forward to it.

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 08:14 AM

chain that muse tight! and don't forget to feed it :p

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 08:16 AM
chain that muse tight! and don't forget to feed it :p

Yeah... we'll see how it goes today. :D Gotta stop watching Downton Abbey and put SPN back on. ;)

birthsister
June 6th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Food is entirely contingent on performance...drink, on the other hand....

I'm actually resisting mine...I really want to hammer out that fic, but I have too much to do to get ready for a wedding this weekend and if I sit down in front of a fic you might as well cancel all my reservations. The muse is snarky like that. Once she has my attention, she doesn't like to share it...

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Food is entirely contingent on performance...drink, on the other hand....

I'm actually resisting mine...I really want to hammer out that fic, but I have too much to do to get ready for a wedding this weekend and if I sit down in front of a fic you might as well cancel all my reservations. The muse is snarky like that. Once she has my attention, she doesn't like to share it...

And mines been sharing my attention the entire time I've been writing. :S I don't like it but what can I do?

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 08:37 AM
my muses are like yours M! and then they tend to wander off mid chapter.... which is why i ignore them unless they're giving me a little one shot ficlet :p

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 08:39 AM
my muses are like yours M! and then they tend to wander off mid chapter.... which is why i ignore them unless they're giving me a little one shot ficlet :p

Yes but with enough ficlets together, you could have quite the story. :D I wrote a chapter yesterday and I'm hoping to get another one done today. :)

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 09:29 AM
none of my ficlets interconnect... that would rock if they did... then i'd get something written atleast....

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 09:34 AM
none of my ficlets interconnect... that would rock if they did... then i'd get something written atleast....

That's kinda what I do though... I wrote half the first chapter one day, the rest of the chapter another, part of this chapter a completely other day, etc.. That way they all connect and such. :) I'm really writing it spurts, lol

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Yay! Chapter two is finished!! Now, onto Chapter three. Just gotta confer with Grace for a sec first ;)

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 08:37 PM
i write, when i finally give into my muses, in non-linear spurts.... so i might start with ch5 but then i'll work on ch8, before bouncing to ch3, and so on and so forth.... beginnings are the hardest for me.... i can never write a good beginning....

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 08:39 PM
i write, when i finally give into my muses, in non-linear spurts.... so i might start with ch5 but then i'll work on ch8, before bouncing to ch3, and so on and so forth.... beginnings are the hardest for me.... i can never write a good beginning....

See and I don't tend to plan out my chapters so I have no idea what's going to happen in each individual chapter. :S I think I have one fic that has chapters outlined but even then, I'm so anal that I cannot write random chapters without finishing the ones that came before.

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 09:04 PM
yea... i kinda have that same problem.... by the time i finally write the previous ch, i have to go back and edit the original ch i wrote just to satisfy the flow.... which means future ch i've already written need to be rewritten to fit the current flow... only to be rewritten again, once i have the missing ch slotted into place....

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 09:08 PM
yea... i kinda have that same problem.... by the time i finally write the previous ch, i have to go back and edit the original ch i wrote just to satisfy the flow.... which means future ch i've already written need to be rewritten to fit the current flow... only to be rewritten again, once i have the missing ch slotted into place....

I don't think I have flow problems unless I take FOREVER to write one chapter/fic.. If I stay on it, everything tends to flow well for me and if I stop for a while then start again, I go back and read through what I already had written before I continue writing more..

Lilith
June 6th, 2012, 09:23 PM
only b/c you write linearly.... i wish fics came to me linearly.... then i wouldn't have to worry about flow problems....

m&mnm317
June 6th, 2012, 09:31 PM
only b/c you write linearly.... i wish fics came to me linearly.... then i wouldn't have to worry about flow problems....

Yeah.. It's an anal/OCD thing for me to do things linearly. I also have to watch shows like that.. Whenever I'm starting to re-watch a show that I haven't seen (or one that I've recently finished), I have to start from the very beginning. *shrugs*

Lilith
June 7th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Yeah.. It's an anal/OCD thing for me to do things linearly. I also have to watch shows like that.. Whenever I'm starting to re-watch a show that I haven't seen (or one that I've recently finished), I have to start from the very beginning. *shrugs*

oddly enough, fic writing is the only place where my OCD doesn't act up.... and that's only b/c, i'm assuming, that when it comes to fic writing, i just don't have a linear thought process.....

Grace
June 7th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Quick question....does anybody think that (season 4) Cas could teleport a car? I can't remember if he ever did that in the show. I can work with it either way, but was wondering what ya'll thought.

Lilith
June 7th, 2012, 11:36 AM
well... s5 Cas could do it, and s4 Cas was a lot stronger, so i would assume that yes, he can....

Grace
June 7th, 2012, 11:38 AM
well... s5 Cas could do it, and s4 Cas was a lot stronger, so i would assume that yes, he can....

Hehe. Didn't remember that season 5 moment. Alright. Got it. :D Thanks! :)

m&mnm317
June 7th, 2012, 01:22 PM
When did s5 Cas teleport a car??? Cause, I don't think he could.. He barely had enough juice to get the boys back to the 70's let alone teleport a car... Though, I'm sure that s4 Cas might be able to, yeah..

Lilith
June 7th, 2012, 03:27 PM
When did s5 Cas teleport a car??? Cause, I don't think he could.. He barely had enough juice to get the boys back to the 70's let alone teleport a car... Though, I'm sure that s4 Cas might be able to, yeah..

time travel takes a whole lot more mojo than transporting something... even something as big as Baby... idt, it was ever shown on screen that he moved the Impala, but he has rescued Sam and Deam from the clutches of angels a good bit... i'm assuming he would have to move Baby too, otherwise all the angels would have to do is carsit til the boys came to pick her up....

Grace
June 7th, 2012, 03:28 PM
time travel takes a whole lot more mojo than transporting something... even something as big as Baby... idt, it was ever shown on screen that he moved the Impala, but he has rescued Sam and Deam from the clutches of angels a good bit... i'm assuming he would have to move Baby too, otherwise all the angels would have to do is carsit til the boys came to pick her up....

Lol! That's true. :) Thanks for the help!

m&mnm317
June 7th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Danggit!! Thanks to the RP-fanfic, I now want to write a story for my new character instead of working on the one I'm working on now.. :S I swear I have Writer's ADD :mad:

Grace
June 7th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Danggit!! Thanks to the RP-fanfic, I now want to write a story for my new character instead of working on the one I'm working on now.. :S I swear I have Writer's ADD :mad:

I think you can focus on your story! You can do it! You'll still be playing with your character when you finish the first story. :)

m&mnm317
June 7th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I think you can focus on your story! You can do it! You'll still be playing with your character when you finish the first story. :)

True! :) I'm forcing the muse to write the first story right now.. I'm waiting for you and RiG to post before I begin planning what I'm going to write.. That's not true, I actually think I might have an idea, I just need to be able to sit down and put it down on paper w/o kids bugging me lol

Lilith
June 8th, 2012, 02:50 PM
i wrote a remix! well, actually i wrote it last year when i first stumbled upon the original, but i didn't ask the author for posting permission til now.... but she granted it, and i've posted it! it's a bit cracky, and slash pairings are implied, but fic! clicky! (http://ayankha.livejournal.com/18923.html[/url) there's also a link to the original, and it's a xover with SG1

m&mnm317
June 8th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Awesome, thanks for posting!!

Lilith
June 8th, 2012, 05:30 PM
feedback is always appreciated.... here or there.... i've got anonymous posting enabled so if you don't have an LJ account, you can still comment there....

m&mnm317
June 8th, 2012, 05:42 PM
feedback is always appreciated.... here or there.... i've got anonymous posting enabled so if you don't have an LJ account, you can still comment there....

I actually have a LJ account. ;) I'll take a look after I put my kids down for bed. :)

m&mnm317
June 11th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Okay, so I'm writing this new fic to introduce myself to a new character for the SPN RP-fic and, I've noticed that I'm just writing and writing and writing and not stopping like I should be since it's a multi-chapter fic.. lol.. 6pages and I have no intention of stopping yet. :rolleyes:

Grace
June 11th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Nice job M!

birthsister
June 12th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Just got back from the wedding of the century...did I miss anything?

m&mnm317
June 12th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Just got back from the wedding of the century...did I miss anything?

That good huh?? :)

Not really.. We've started a RP-fanfic, I've started writing a new fic because of that fiction and I've written 5,300 words for that new fiction... lol.. Otherwise, nothing much missed ;)

birthsister
June 12th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Yeah, definitely that good...somehow I ended up in the hotel fountain, and molesting a GORGEOUS restored Bentley (not simultaneously). At least it wasn't a '67 Impala, I couldn't be responsible for my actions then...

m&mnm317
June 12th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Yeah, definitely that good...somehow I ended up in the hotel fountain, and molesting a GORGEOUS restored Bentley (not simultaneously). At least it wasn't a '67 Impala, I couldn't be responsible for my actions then...

Sounds like a grand time! I'm jealous ;) I would totally be all over that Bentley ;) Who could blame you, eh?

mrscopterdoc
June 12th, 2012, 07:43 PM
somehow I ended up in the hotel fountain, and molesting a GORGEOUS restored Bentley ...http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll44/mrscopterdoc/funnies/Shocked.gif

birthsister
June 12th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Yeah, it was a scaper wedding with an open bar...at some point they ran out of vodka for the kamikaze's and started making them with tequila. ...and now I remember why I gave up tequila in college...

m&mnm317
June 12th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Yeah, it was a scaper wedding with an open bar...at some point they ran out of vodka for the kamikaze's and started making them with tequila. ...and now I remember why I gave up tequila in college...

Wow! :) I've never had tequila and I don't want to, lol... Course, I haven't had a drink in a year at least so, yeah.. *shrugs*

mrscopterdoc
June 12th, 2012, 08:09 PM
one tequila, two tequila, three tequila FLOOR

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll44/mrscopterdoc/funnies/gargleblasterf.gif

m&mnm317
June 12th, 2012, 08:10 PM
one tequila, two tequila, three tequila FLOOR

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll44/mrscopterdoc/funnies/gargleblasterf.gif

:lol:

birthsister
June 12th, 2012, 08:19 PM
It was more like "One tequila, two tequila, three tequila...FOUNTAIN!"

m&mnm317
June 12th, 2012, 08:20 PM

mrscopterdoc
June 12th, 2012, 08:20 PM

Grace
June 12th, 2012, 08:29 PM
:lol: Sounds like you had fun Sis! :D

birthsister
June 12th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Trying to readjust to the real world...and ready to get started on some fic...the muse has been fed and watered, she has no excuse to wander off...(this doesn't mean she won't, though).

Grace
June 12th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Trying to readjust to the real world...and ready to get started on some fic...the muse has been fed and watered, she has no excuse to wander off...(this doesn't mean she won't, though).

You can do it!! :D
I have bribed my muse and she did make an appearance...but she seems to be feeling a bit lazy at the moment. :P

m&mnm317
June 12th, 2012, 08:43 PM
You can do it!! :D
I have bribed my muse and she did make an appearance...but she seems to be feeling a bit lazy at the moment. :P

After that magnificent piece she dealt out, can you blame her? :P

Grace
June 12th, 2012, 08:45 PM
After that magnificent piece she dealt out, can you blame her? :P

:o I wasn't that great...was it? Whatever. :P Although including everything I wrote during that spurt I got about 5,000 words written...which is pretty good for me. ;)

m&mnm317
June 12th, 2012, 08:47 PM
:o I wasn't that great...was it? Whatever. :P Although including everything I wrote during that spurt I got about 5,000 words written...which is pretty good for me. ;)

Yeah, you were.. All of you have been and now I'm quaking in my boots :S lol

Grace
June 12th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Yeah, you were.. All of you have been and now I'm quaking in my boots :S lol

You will do fantastic! You have a good grasp of your character and are a great writer. I'm expecting great things from you. :D

m&mnm317
June 12th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I'm expecting great things from you. :D

And that's the problem.. lol.. Don't, you may be disappointed :)

Lilith
June 13th, 2012, 12:10 PM
And that's the problem.. lol.. Don't, you may be disappointed :)

you're a terrible writer and i expect nothing!!! does that make you feel better? :p

m&mnm317
June 13th, 2012, 12:16 PM
you're a terrible writer and i expect nothing!!! does that make you feel better? :p

Yes, it does actually! :D Thanks for that. ;)

Lilith
June 13th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Yes, it does actually! :D Thanks for that. ;)

that's me! ever so helpful :p any which way i can :D

m&mnm317
June 13th, 2012, 12:49 PM
that's me! ever so helpful :p any which way i can :D

:D I'm still nervous though, too bad we can't take something to get rid of that - think of how many successful people we could have in the world! lol

Lilith
June 13th, 2012, 01:08 PM
:D I'm still nervous though, too bad we can't take something to get rid of that - think of how many successful people we could have in the world! lol

i see your "successful ppl" and raise you Gridlock scenario :S

m&mnm317
June 13th, 2012, 01:18 PM
i see your "successful ppl" and raise you Gridlock scenario :S

Um...eh? I suppose it would be a bit ridiculous. *sighs* Ah well, guess I'll just have to deal with the stomach jitters ;)

Grace
June 13th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Um...eh? I suppose it would be a bit ridiculous. *sighs* Ah well, guess I'll just have to deal with the stomach jitters ;)

No worries....I was nervous posting mind. :P

Lilith
June 13th, 2012, 01:26 PM

i meant in that DW ep, Gridlock, the Doctor takes Martha Jones to NEW New Earth, where everyone is hooked on these patch drugs like success, fear, ect.... any emotion you can think of, you can get it in patch form... but they're actually v poisonous and is turning everyone into a junkie to point where all they want is their patch of choice....

m&mnm317
June 13th, 2012, 01:28 PM
i meant in that DW ep, Gridlock, the Doctor takes Martha Jones to NEW New Earth, where everyone is hooked on these patch drugs like success, fear, ect.... any emotion you can think of, you can get it in patch form... but they're actually v poisonous and is turning everyone into a junkie to point where all they want is their patch of choice....

That's what I thought you meant but I wasn't sure ;) I see it as more a "everyone gets what they wants but it creates total chaos" kind of thing. :)

birthsister
May 7th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Bumpity bump bump...thought it might be time to poke the muses and revive this thread...

Lilith
May 7th, 2014, 02:27 PM
so i've been reading some SPN/Avengers xover fics when i got hit by a bunny.... it would be AU s6 and onwards.... one day while Dean is living with Lisa and Ben, strange things start to happen around town.... Dean's looking into it when he runs into some suits who turn out to be SHIELD Agents, more specifically Coulson and Sitwell.... and Dean basically saves their asses, b/c even tho SHIELD deals in weird stuff all the time, they were woefully unprepared for demons... so Coulson offers Dean a job... Dean waffles but eventually says yes.... that's as far as i've gotten, and i haven't written anything down....

but i really i was reading this fic where Dean was working for SHIELD and sometime after The Avengers but before IM3, he's assigned to bodyguard Tony at some science talk he's giving and Bruce is there with him and Dean basically takes a bullet for the Hulk.... and i kept imagining what would have happened if Cas just showed in the middle of the chaos to heal Dean's shoulder.... but in the fic verse, John never picked Dean up from the boy's home, so Dean's no longer in the Family business, ergo never goes to hell and never meets Cas....

but i'd really love to see how the Avengers would react to Cas....

m&mnm317
May 8th, 2014, 12:11 AM
so i've been reading some SPN/Avengers xover fics when i got hit by a bunny.... it would be AU s6 and onwards.... one day while Dean is living with Lisa and Ben, strange things start to happen around town.... Dean's looking into it when he runs into some suits who turn out to be SHIELD Agents, more specifically Coulson and Sitwell.... and Dean basically saves their asses, b/c even tho SHIELD deals in weird stuff all the time, they were woefully unprepared for demons... so Coulson offers Dean a job... Dean waffles but eventually says yes.... that's as far as i've gotten, and i haven't written anything down....

but i really i was reading this fic where Dean was working for SHIELD and sometime after The Avengers but before IM3, he's assigned to bodyguard Tony at some science talk he's giving and Bruce is there with him and Dean basically takes a bullet for the Hulk.... and i kept imagining what would have happened if Cas just showed in the middle of the chaos to heal Dean's shoulder.... but in the fic verse, John never picked Dean up from the boy's home, so Dean's no longer in the Family business, ergo never goes to hell and never meets Cas....

but i'd really love to see how the Avengers would react to Cas....

That entire thing sounds weird. I'm not sure I could get into that fic.. And, if Dean hadn't gotten into the family business, how had he met Ben and Lisa when there was a Ben and Lisa?

birthsister
May 8th, 2014, 06:17 AM
I've seen concepts that make me think "there's no way that can be pulled off" but sometimes they surprise you. But good point about the family business. Generally, I don't read crossovers...my fandoms shouldn't touch.

I'm considering two fics right now: a Dean in hell fic, but I'm starting to squick myself out thinking about some of things he could have actually done down there.

And a Dean and Jo in the alternate "Titanic survives" universe. Just cause, yknow, I like Dean and Jo.

I just need to poke the muse with a sharp stick. poke poke poke...

Lilith
May 8th, 2014, 12:46 PM
That entire thing sounds weird. I'm not sure I could get into that fic.. And, if Dean hadn't gotten into the family business, how had he met Ben and Lisa when there was a Ben and Lisa?

the fic that i had found and read had Dean not going into the family business... but the entire time i was reading it, i was waiting for Cas to show up, which he wouldn't.... so my muse decided to show up out of nowhere, take the premise of the original fic and make it so that Dean got recruited during the the s5-6 hiatus instead.... i'm still fleshing out the bunny, so i don't know if i'm gonna have soulless!Sam show up or not.... i'm kinda leaning toward not.... that would have been about the time of the first Iron Man movie... or maybe dean cunsults on the Hulk or something... i haven't really thought farther than i want Dean working for/with SHIELD/The Avengers....

m&mnm317
May 12th, 2014, 11:59 PM
the fic that i had found and read had Dean not going into the family business... but the entire time i was reading it, i was waiting for Cas to show up, which he wouldn't.... so my muse decided to show up out of nowhere, take the premise of the original fic and make it so that Dean got recruited during the the s5-6 hiatus instead.... i'm still fleshing out the bunny, so i don't know if i'm gonna have soulless!Sam show up or not.... i'm kinda leaning toward not.... that would have been about the time of the first Iron Man movie... or maybe dean cunsults on the Hulk or something... i haven't really thought farther than i want Dean working for/with SHIELD/The Avengers....

Oh! Okay.. I get it now, lol

birthsister
May 14th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Evil Dean is making me want to write my Dean in Hell fic. That particular muse is quite insistent...there may even be hot pokers involved if I keep ignoring her. So, how far do you think I can push Dean before readers riot?

m&mnm317
May 14th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Evil Dean is making me want to write my Dean in Hell fic. That particular muse is quite insistent...there may even be hot pokers involved if I keep ignoring her. So, how far do you think I can push Dean before readers riot?

Depends on the reader. Some readers like the characters to be pushed VERY far and others prefer less..

birthsister
May 16th, 2014, 05:24 AM
Most annoying feedback you ever got on a story...and GO:

Lilith
May 16th, 2014, 07:15 PM
(no comments)

like really? srsly? i poured myself into writing this, took the time to post it for you to read... the least you could do is tell me if you liked it or not... not asking for a sonnet... just a "cool story bro" will suffice

birthsister
May 16th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Kudos: Worst. Invention. Ever. I spent months on this thing and it took you a nano second to click the mouse?

Lilith
May 18th, 2014, 05:48 PM
i actually like the Kudos feature.... at least you know ppl have read your story and liked it.... i'm very self conscious about posting comments on works that were posted/completed more than two weeks ago, so sometimes i'll click the Kudos to say "hey i was here, i read your story and i really liked it!" since i binge read fanfic, i end up doing this alot :o

RodneyIsGodney
May 24th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Kudos? Is this something on AO3?

I wait until the end of a story to leave a review. Unless I have a ..."nit pic"...shall we say. But sometimes I do leave a review at chapter's end if I am really enjoying the story or if something BIG happens. But mostly I don't leave reviews because I read fic at night and I'm way to tired to type...unless, like I said before, if I'm really enjoying the story. In which case I am nowhere near tired.

Lilith
May 24th, 2014, 06:27 PM
yea... it's a function of AO3 that's basically like the "like" button on FB

RodneyIsGodney
May 24th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Thought so. Thanks. I've been there a few times...for another fandom :weiranime42: and I thought I remembered seeing the Kudos button there.

birthsister
May 27th, 2014, 08:34 AM
I am poking at Remains of the Day. It's poking back. It's not about writer's block, exactly. I just don't want to go where the muse is sending me (and neither does Dean). Anyone else ever have a 'great' story idea, and then step back and say "Oh, that's just wrong."?