• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Rainbow Sun Francks (Ford)

INTERVIEW:
    FORD TOUGH
    GateWorld talks with Rainbow Sun Francks

Stargate Atlantis's Lieutenant Aiden Ford talks with GateWorld about his first convention experiences, what's to come for his character, and how much he loves going to work each day.

READ MORE ...

Last edited by GateWorld; 27 February 2005, 09:28 PM.

Awww.... he sounds like such a sweetheart! "I'm gonna go fall down now." *sniffle* I wonder if he knew that Ford was gonna get demoted to recurring status or that particular fact didn't come up until later.

I may have to add him to my "Want to Meet" list.

Gonna have to keep an eye out for his music, too.

Comment

Hi Rainbow! (Well, he said he lurks ). Great interview Lynley Oram and Feli. Thanks!
      Rocky

Comment

Nice interview. Sort of sad that he's so enthusiastic in the interview only to become recurring, but maybe he already knew that. Either way big things are happening to Ford in Season Two, which will still make him part of the 'mythology'.

Comment

I liked that interview. Rainbow is such a sweetie. He has a good sense of humor. I can't wait for Season 2 now, even though he's going to be recurring.

Hi Rainbow! Love ya!

Lovely sig made by NewTrekker
          Thank you SG1 for ten awesome seasons!

Comment

he seems like a really nice guy... definately a sweetie i hope he goes to gatecon cuz i'd love to be able to meet him...he seems very friendly!!!

so if anyone's listening out there: send him to GATECON 2005!!!

Comment

Well it seemed like they'd already discussed Season 2 with him, and he was really enthusiastic about that, so if it is all OK with Rainbow then I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with his character in the next season.
              sigpic

Comment

personally i'm intrigued by what i've heard of ford's role for next season, and can't wait... actually sounds like he might make his way into my fave characters list next season!! i think it's interesting that they're making him recurring, as itll add (i think) a different dynamic and make him interesting in different ways

like i said, can't wait for season 2!!! (ok, let's get through this season now!! )

Comment

I'm wondering if the exhaustion he mentions in the Lowdown and the music stuff he mentions here are the reasons for Ford being recurring?

Comment

i'm pretty sure they're all plot-based

Comment

Do you think Ford will become a recurring character only fro season 2 and return full time in season 3.

Great interview by the way but he was not giving to much away.
                      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        I may have to add him to my "Want to Meet" list.
                        Definitely do that! He was one of the most genuinely nice actors I've ever met in Stargate fandom.

ETA: and I'm not only saying that because Rainbow lurks here from time to time...
                        Last edited by Feli; 07 February 2005, 04:46 AM.

Comment

LOL I've got to second that. There is something really genuine about the guy, and I think he works at keeping himself that way too. I felt exhausted though just hearing about all the things that he has already done, and is doing, in his life. Not to mention feeling like a major underachiever!
                          sigpic

Comment

Why does everyone think that once they have something good going, they should put out a record or start a clothing line!?

This guy is way funny. Maybe instead of an alubm, he should do standup or some form of comedy? That would be awesome. I still want an avatar of him dancing for Joe.

RSF: Hey Joe look!
                            (starts dancing)
                            Joe: WOW!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think his band predates his role on Atlantis, which means it's the acting that's getting in the way of his music career.

If I could find screencaps, I could have a lot of fun with that whole Lowdown. RSF dancing, gratuitous butt shot of David Hewlett, Joe on his cell AGAIN...

Comment

Working...
                              X