( MASSIVE spoilers) Awake tv series Finale episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

( MASSIVE spoilers) Awake tv series Finale episode

WTF!!!! I can't believe that it ended like that I have really mixed feeling about the last episode, I mean what was the point if it was all just a dream I'm really lost in why they ended it like that.

Also just to point out the show has been cancelled due to low ratings
    and that this wasn't suppose to be the last episode but they ended up making it the last due to the cancellation.

but still I really feel like the show was going some where and they ended it like that
    Last edited by tomaso88; 23 May 2012, 07:08 PM.

Well, I am sure they intended to finish the show with some other plot, than what we've seen with the finale. But I think it would've taken more than 1 season to cover the original plot, otherwise it wouldn't made sense at all.

Notice that they just received the message "show cancelled" after they already released 19 episodes (to late to unravel the true plot, without leading us to a never ending theory).

To be honest this finale (although unsatisfying to the title "AWAKE", should be "Dreaming" or something like that), is fitting to a 1 season serie, cause that's what it all was "an imaginary complex double-life police theory" that was dreamt in 1 day, nothing happend thus the show will be forgotten in an instance.

What .... what ... were we talking about

Comment

To be honest compared to many shows which get cancelled Awake was actually pretty satisfying. After watching it I didn't get the usual pissed off feeling I would normally get with a cliffhanger. I'm actually more intrigued about where the series would have went had it not been cancelled.

Have seen someone make this remark about why Awake (and probably to an extent Alcatraz as well) didn't get very good ratings is because both shows focused too much on the 'investigation of the week', for a while in Awake it was essentially just a run of the mill cop drama with some minor changes between the realities. If the show had tried to address the realities, what might be causing it, trying to determine which one is real and which is the dream etc early on then more people probably would have been interested.

Comment

Working...
      X