X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was the Seige Pt II for real?

Possible spoilers

Was it for real? It more or less sucked with the whole "takeover" by the U.S. Military, and the fact that he was given control seems even less likely.. Was it for real or was it some sort of alien plot?

V

The very same thing crossed my mind, however, the parts seem to fit into place with what is supposed to happen in the SG-1 finale.
    Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Interesting theory. The offical "The Seige, Part II" thread is where you might want to discuss this.
      Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Vasant56
        Was it for real? It more or less sucked with the whole "takeover" by the U.S. Military, and the fact that he was given control seems even less likely..
        Uh...

How exactly was it "unlikely" that he'd be given control?
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Really.

As Creepy Alien McKay said: "How did you expect them to react when you told them about the Wraith?"
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
            Uh...

How exactly was it "unlikely" that he'd be given control?
            Because he was given complete control over all personel, which is something that seems very unlikely for the general to do. Just look at the past 7 years of SG1, and what happens when the general was forced out of his position. He would've definitely taken into account the way the team works together. Also, command was given to someone who (apparently) had absolutely no knowledge or experience offworld. Finally, Atlantis wasn't a US Military outpost, why should the US Military be the ones in complete control?

Comment

Originally posted by Vasant56
              Because he was given complete control over all personel, which is something that seems very unlikely for the general to do. Just look at the past 7 years of SG1, and what happens when the general was forced out of his position. He would've definitely taken into account the way the team works together. Also, command was given to someone who (apparently) had absolutely no knowledge or experience offworld. Finally, Atlantis wasn't a US Military outpost, why should the US Military be the ones in complete control?
              As General Hammond once said..."We have the experience!"

That's why we, when I say we I mean the US Military, were in control. With 3 Wraith Hive ships on the way and your sending a military contigent to hold Atlantis until the dadeleus can get there. Why would you leave a civilian, who knows nothing about how to defend a base, in command?

I can't think of one reason, or even one situation where that would be a good idea. Now... it was a good idea to include Weir into HOW they were going to plan the defense. But she should NEVER have been in command, you leave that to the professionals.

Which is the United States Marine Corps, and you leave the negotiating of nuclear bombs to the professionals which was Dr. Weir.

Ace
              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Actually it does make sense when you consider two things.

First, back in Letter from pegasus whatever his name was sent his message directly to Oniel.

Second, the defense of atlantis would be considered a military operation and thus placed under military control.
                Teal'c "I killed you"
                Daniel "Why?"
                Teal'c "You were a Go'uld spy"
                Daniel "a good reason"

Comment

Originally posted by donniepw
                  First, back in Letter from pegasus whatever his name was sent his message directly to Oniel.
                  Dr. Kavanagh aka Ponytail guy

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                    Dr. Kavanagh aka Ponytail guy
                    I hope he dies
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

me too....AND Sharp pointy objects are to be involved
                      And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by donniepw
                        Second, the defense of atlantis would be considered a military operation and thus placed under military control.

Exactly. It would have been dumb not to have the military in charge of the defense. Also, a Marine is a better choice than Sheppard since they are trained for that kind of fighting.
                        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                        X