PDA

View Full Version : Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion SPOILERS S2

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Starfist
April 23rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
I don't know why Sky took so long to air it on Sky 1.
But it could have something to do with 'licencing' rights to the show.

Which is a little odd as they show several shows on their channels that air a day before they show them.

ZRFTS
April 26th, 2013, 03:35 AM
The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia
I don't know if that title is accurate but it's accurate at describing one thing; that we're going to be going outside the borders of the Monroe Republic, to new and exciting places. Okay we're going to one new place but it's still an exciting place nonetheless.

As like before Miles, Charlie and that girl are on that mission but it's made more interesting by the fact that there's a life & death conundrum on their hands that may be hard to find. I loved how they get you used to the city of Georgia, the city which honestly looks absolutely beautiful from the first time you set your eyes on it. It actually makes you feel like they need to save the town, that they just have to save everyone inside and this town is saveworthy from the innovations they've managed to done to the unique architecture that promotes good-living. This is furthered by the characters and let me just say that they're unique from the woman leader to the long-tenured friend who's been trained about everything by a certain someone.

I have to give props to him by the way, he managed to sell his role well with conviction and grace; the upmost loyalty of the republic, the wearisome behavior that tilts more to the aggressive, even the slang he used was good. He definitely felt like a threat throughout the episode and even though it was using the time honored "set up the good times between him and wait for the fight to happen so that we can contrast their friendship" bit that was used earlier in Revolution, we managed to feel for him nonetheless. He's just so ruthless, so willing to do his mission, so willing to be loyal to the Monroe republic.

http://imageshack.us/a/img547/5659/revolutionconviction.jpg
Conviction.

It's rare when an episode of Revolution manages to grab you by the horns and never let go; in fact it hasn't happened at all so as to see me actually be invested in what's going on is nice. Everywhere you look there's tense music and tons of close up camera angles that manages to always show just what the pace is; it's clear that these people are rushing to find what that thing is and they're unsure whether they're going to find the thing or not. Adding to that are the detours such as the faceoffs with people of a higher power, the furthering of Miles' character through second-hand dialog and the tense chase scenes that definately have action and definitely have ton of locals to spare.

This episode also has something special going on in that they manage to add a certain complication to a plot device which is supposed to be simplistic (ie. the bugs turning the power off.), there are lives of certain people that you have to think about, it's not just turn off the bugs and get the power back on, there are certain consequences that you have to face; should you care about one person or should you care about the world not being in chaos anymore. This is something that is bound to have Revolution growing like crazy and it's future episodes becoming better and better by the second. Now you may think that the fact that they're going outside may make the episode into an instant Revolution classic but here comes the shocker, it doesn't.

http://imageshack.us/a/img266/7214/revolutionfacetoface.jpg
Face to face.

Part of the problem is that they don't explore the city much; sure, we're given glimpses of what Atlanta and the rest of Georgia is like but they don't go farther with it. It's like "we'll just show them a few steam cars and a couple of untarnished buildings and the rest will be implied." It takes a lot of heat off of what is supposed to be a tense situation and it sort of leads to that resulting situation being a letdown; additionally, the Monroe republic never felt like a real threat throughout the episode, while you are enjoying yourself a lot more this time around, you'll always fall victim to the fact that they will manage to deactivate the bomb in the episode and save the people; despite the attempts to make them seem as grand and unstoppable as possible.

Still, it's a good episode because of Georgia itself; we finally get to see what's outside of the Monroe republic, I know that I've chatted about what people could do, the types of things they could of done and it makes us more curious as to what's out there. There are people who just have to wonder what they're doing over at California. With the showing of Georgia, it shows that the show is willing to go past it's limits and become creative and if it continues at this pace than this could be the defining episode of Revolution where things finally get better, where it isn't just the same old same old.

So is it a must see for you? Well I would have to say no but it is good, it's tense, it's inviting, it's entertaining and it has everything that you might like; however, notable flaws drag this to the ground. You're not going to get the massive revelation that you've been expecting, you're not going to get the exploration of other cultures and you're definitely not going to get the threat that the Monroe republic represent. Still, you have to admire it for going outside of the box right?7.0/10

Linda06
April 26th, 2013, 06:06 AM
I'm really loving this show. I must admit when I saw the premiere I thought Danny was gonna be a weakling. I glad I was wrong about him :D

Ian-S
April 26th, 2013, 04:06 PM
I don't know why Sky took so long to air it on Sky 1.
But it could have something to do with 'licencing' rights to the show.

Which is a little odd as they show several shows on their channels that air a day before they show them.

Possibly due to the three month break they had in the USA, or they were just waiting to see how the numbers were, trying to guage the likelyhood of cancellation. If I were Sky I'd be a little shy on buying new stuff from NBC/SyFy, it's not like they have a rosy reputation for supporting new shows.

Generally the same day/week stuff they show comes from another Sky/Fox company, not a rival.

jelgate
April 26th, 2013, 04:37 PM
In a move that surprises no one, Revoution has a S2.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/04/26/revolution-chicago-fire-parenthood-law-and-order-svu-and-grimm-renewed-by-nbc/179701/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

Linda06
April 27th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Wow, a show thats actually good gets past season 1. Wonders will never cease :p

Starfist
April 27th, 2013, 12:55 AM
That's great news. About season 2 that is... :D

escyos
April 27th, 2013, 02:11 AM
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Season 2. In YOUR face, haters!

min min light
April 27th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Heh ... I can not remember the last time I got to say that, it's been that long since a new show I was rooting for got a second season.

Linda06
April 28th, 2013, 01:12 AM

Haters? Have I missed something?

VampyreWraith
April 28th, 2013, 07:54 AM
I'm really glad this show is getting a season 2. :)

Perelandra
April 30th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Monroe is pure evil-or completely insane

Ian-S
May 3rd, 2013, 12:24 PM
both

the fifth man
May 3rd, 2013, 07:52 PM
My wife and I are very happy this will be getting a second season. We really have enjoyed things thus far this season. NBC made a wise decision IMO.

garhkal
May 4th, 2013, 11:38 AM
both

As of the latest episode, i am agreeing with that.

NumberSix
May 4th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Glad to see this one renewed. It's the only new show from this season from one of the major networks that I'm still watching. Just wish it wasn't opposite Warehouse 13.

ZRFTS
May 8th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Home
It seems that everybody on Revolution is constrained, that they seem more like action stars than human beings. Monroe, Miles, Charlie, Aaron somewhat. Everywhere they go, they can't help but to sprout out generic action lines and shoot their guns and this happens almost every time on Revolution. With this episode, it promises to make everybody feel human. Well two people to be exact. Monroe and Aaron.

It's certainly an admirable attempt; it seems like every second that passes in this episode they have constant reminders of the vulnerability and the past lives of the characters from Monroe walking in front of graves to Aaron meeting up with her girlfriend to a special character who has connections to both Monroe and Miles. They try to show that they have feelings, that they feel things such as regret, remorse, sadness, compassion and in much of the episode they succeed; if you've thought you've known Monroe throughout the series than witness as your expectations will be satisfied. He manages to play the role with conviction, seeming sensible and down to earth throughout the entire ordeal. The way he shows emotion in his eyes, the way he interacts with his girlfriend; he definitely knows how to be tender and tender Monroe is way better than evil Monroe any type of the day. And an additional bonus, he makes it seem like this is a locked up side that's barely coming out rather than a full on transformation.

http://imageshack.us/a/img163/7481/revolutionbunchofpeople.jpg
Bunch of people.

Aaron also manages to provide doubt to the audience by showing a side of him that's compassionate and strong. He has certainly grown from the weak geek persona by actually seeming caring and strong; he definitely manages to show that he still cares for his wife and provides a sense of retribution by refusing to let go, by showing regret in the fact that he's not going to let her go. The facial expressions that he shows help towards engaging the audience in his journey; from the grin of determination to the single tear that he sheds, the actor behind Aaron definitely knows how to pick the right emotion and how to utilize that emotion in a way that's beneficial to his character. It makes us care for his journey, it makes us care for his pain. The wife doesn't hold back either, she manages to express that combination of happy and awkward that definitely helps Aaron's scene. You can truly tell that they're glad to see each other but at the same time, bound to commitments that arise from not seeing each other for a long time and that helps to enhance Aaron's journey to the point where we can actually care about them.

This episode does a lot in making us human, in fact I'm afraid it does a bit too much to be honest. Despite the good acting from the focal characters of the episode, the moments leave something to be desired as it tries a bit too hard to show the vulnerable side of them to the point where they break some cliches. Reincountering an old wife, check; Graves with the family members on them, check; faceoff at gunpoint with old friend, check and check. I can understand that you want to make the characters vulnerable but you know what the best way to making characters vulnerable is? Actually progressing it in a natural matter, showing us things that are unique to the character and not showing it just because you want to add something to the character. I was able to predict so many things, that Monroe would be vicious and attempt to kill Miles by any means possible, that Miles would be able to kill the Monroe miltia as if it were butter and that someone would attempt to shoot Monroe thus leading to an escalation of sorts; in fact it interfered with what they were trying to do.

What's worse is that several Revolution cliches manages to rear their ugly head here; I get that they were trying to engage us as an audience in the situation that was going on but did they really need to show the harshness of the Militia which is more tiring than provocative? Did they really need to have some form of overblown action that leads to little redemption. I get that action is a main part of the Revolution formula but every time Revolution does action it sort of goes in the most silliest direction possible preventing me from taking the moment they're in seriously. It hurts the moments where they try to evoke a sense of empathy which range from treating the town like trash to keeping them in a burning building; I'm supposed to care for these moments but instead I'm throwing around a resounding meh.

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/2412/revolutionaaronwife.jpg
Aaron, his wife and her friend.

It also effects the sideplot with Monroe's long lost friend; this person is supposed to be the pivitol turning point in both Miles and Monroe's life and she does so by portraying that friendly, warm vibe which helps to expose those little quirks but she ends up being the third wheel in what is essentially just another conflict. She does manage to express those emotions well from the tinge of sadness to the wallop of happiness and confusion; everytime she expresses emotion, it's like she's trying to get either Miles or Monroe to look inside of themselves and find the true personality that lies beneath. If they could just exploit that just a tiny bit more than maybe, maybe the episode might be something more but as it stands, she's just there in order to provide a little more provoking by commenting on the cruel punishment and providing a soap-opera like twist that only serves to make Monroe look more competent.

So this episode does well in making our characters feel more human but the fact remains that this is just another day, another conflict. It provides great character moments for both the antagonists and protagonists alike but it's stuffed within trope after trope after trope after trope and those tropes can get tiring through the remainder of the episode. Still, it does do some good so this episode isn't entirely worthless but be forewarned, if you're going into this episode expecting massive revelations, don't expect to get it.5.5/10

Sp!der
May 9th, 2013, 07:53 AM
I'm doing catching up with this show because mostly the other shows are over and I decided what the hell - and so far I like the second part of the season it is an improvment of the first one and I like where this is going. Revolution you won me back :D

Ian-S
May 9th, 2013, 04:54 PM
grr, why didn't they grab the horse and use it, would have saved her falling down the hill :rolleyes:

Now all I want to know about is...

what or who was in the lift, cos that made one hell of a mess :lol: but I doubt we'll get an answer to that for another few episodes.

The Tower is what is keeping me watching this, and Aaron wrote the original software so knows how to hack the bugs, but doesn't know it yet cos they never told him what they did, bah bet he wishes he never released it under the GNU now....

Perelandra
May 10th, 2013, 01:43 PM
^^
who was in the lift-I got the impression it may have been the guy that was guarding Grace but I agree we won't know for sure until a couple? of eps. Wondering how Rachel and Aaron are going to get out of this one in a way Rachel was right he needs to
continue on to the Tower but I doubt he'll leave her--

Ian-S
May 10th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Yes we saw him go into the lift, what I meant was, when the lift re-opened...

There was a very large amount of fresh blood over the door, indicating that something had happened after the CCTV went off (along with the screams), at level 7 iirc. So my question was more of what happened to the guy - i.e. what got into the lift with him...

jelgate
May 12th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Revolution moves to Wednesday next Fall

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/05/12/nbc-2013-2014-schedule-revolution-goes-to-wednesday-grimm-dracula-pair-for-friday-parenthood-thursday-biggest-loser-chicago-fire-to-tuesdays/182261/

Rosehawk
May 12th, 2013, 05:06 PM

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/05/12/nbc-2013-2014-schedule-revolution-goes-to-wednesday-grimm-dracula-pair-for-friday-parenthood-thursday-biggest-loser-chicago-fire-to-tuesdays/182261/

Awesome. Wednesday will work out much better for me to watch this coming Fall.

ZRFTS
May 12th, 2013, 07:26 PM
The Love Boat
It seems that the second half of Revolution is where all of the better stuff is happening. Things are actually happening for a reason, there is more explanation, Charlie doesn't speak at all but there is a point in time where the better stuff has to cease and well, this is it.

First off, the episode provides an interesting concept; in the bigger picture of the whole war, we have people capturing each other just so they can do the same work for different people. It is here where the perils of humanity are shown, the darker side that we don't know much about. We capture people, we almost kill people, we can even be blindsided by the stuff that we do. This episode has an interesting pallet to explore said concept by placing everything in a steamboat, hence the titular title of the episode. Nobody knows what happens when on said steamboat and it seems like anything could happen; realizations could come at any second, alliances could be turned, action can happen and with Nevil onboard as part of the Georgia Republic, it seems like the sky should be the limit for the episode.

http://imageshack.us/a/img15/6725/revolutionguyswithguns.jpg
...With guns.

Unfortunately, the episode doesn't seem keen to exploit it; much of the episode is predictable with only a small number of twists serving to break up the episodes monotony such as Rachel twisting her leg. We see Miles and Nevil getting at each other as expected but is there any exploration about what makes them the same, is there any deep, thought provoking discussion here? No, it's just two people talking to each other making sure they say the edgiest lines so that it's provocative side can remain visible. There doesn't seem to be much difference from Nevil and Miles other than one of them has a daughter who he is especially protective of and one of them doesn't have much of a care for anything else; in fact you could replace Nevil for Miles and vice versa and nobody would notice the difference.

Charlie also has more lines in this episode and the episode suffers because of she does the same poor acting that she did before and she even pulls the episode down to the gutter with such cliches as "girl holding gun and trying to look sexy", "girl standing up for herself and looking tough", "girl trying to seem heartbroken and vulnerable", never in the episode had I cared about Charlie's escapades and whenever she was in a scene, she just made the investment value worthless. For example, The Monroe Republic predictably searches the ship in the episode, now do you think that as they look around the ship that the tense situation would have you at the edge of your seat? No, because they don't grab you, they don't make you care about them, they just expect you to care about them because they're the main characters of the show.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/2959/revolutionfanservice.jpg
Fanservice.

The episode also tries a bit too hard to be introspective; again, the episode has an interesting concept but when the episode plays along with the idea that they're starting a revolution and then includes something such as "OMG, you're just like them" than you have to scratch your head mainly because it seems forced and out of place; to be introspective, one has to truly explore the subject at hand, actually make us think about what's happening. This doesn't make you think, instead it throws action at you and demands that you accept the message for what it is; there's much more to a show then gun toting and having characters rebel against their mission and there's much more than just having Miles justify the decisions than suddenly learn his lesson at the end of the episode. Speaking of action, why is it that there are more senseless action scenes than introspective scenes? I guess this is an action series but even Stargate Atlantis has more introspective scenes than action scenes.

I guess there's a good part to the episode and that has to do with Aaron and Rachel even though it was sorely there to reinforce that Aaron is not going to leave somebody. Both people manage to provide value to the scenes they're in by acting above average; Aaron manages to make himself a caring person who would never leave someone while Rachel acts convincingly like a person in pain, focused on the better good rather than herself. When you watch these people, you are noticing is genuine heartfelt emotion, all of the screams, they manage to make Aaron much more important even though it seems like they're retconning the story to suit it's improved needs.

So this episode isn't the revelation that many are expecting; the characters/action is predictable, it doesn't explore the concept behind the episode and it seems like it's forcing the introspective stuff in a way that is not enjoyable. I'll admit, Aaron and Rachel were good but nobody watches a show just to get 10 or less minutes dedicated to them while the majority of the episode is filled up with subpar stuff. This episode has potential, it could of explored something but instead it just decided to go the safe route. Shame.4.0/10

mr_kennedy
May 12th, 2013, 07:36 PM
I've really enjoyed the last couple of episodes, Bass is starting to come into his own as a villain :D

Happy about renewal btw

garhkal
May 13th, 2013, 01:50 PM

Not me.. Criminal minds, Arrow Or SVU runs at that same time frame..

jelgate
May 13th, 2013, 02:53 PM
SVU is being moved. Don't know about CBS or the CW schedule yet. Doubt Criminal Minds will move

Rosehawk
May 13th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Yikes...I forgot about Criminal Minds....

the fifth man
May 14th, 2013, 09:57 PM

Well that sucks. My Wednesdays are going to be so packed with recordings now.

Lairston
May 15th, 2013, 08:04 AM
I just hope that I remember about this change. I have a habit of forgetting about shows when they move to another time.

And then find them months later and grumble about missing things.

LtColCarter
May 17th, 2013, 08:22 AM

Guess I will be jumping off of the Revolution train. I already have four shows recording each hour from 7pm to 10pm.

mr_kennedy
May 17th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Guess I will be jumping off of the Revolution train. I already have four shows recording each hour from 7pm to 10pm.

Watch it on dvd

garhkal
May 18th, 2013, 11:01 AM
SVU is being moved. Don't know about CBS or the CW schedule yet. Doubt Criminal Minds will move

where did you get that SVU is moving from?

the fifth man
May 18th, 2013, 09:26 PM

It really sucks sometimes trying to coordinate recordings, doesn't it?:(

LtColCarter
May 19th, 2013, 07:01 PM
It really sucks sometimes trying to coordinate recordings, doesn't it?:(

Yes it does...hopefully...something will happen with the scheduling over the summer that allows me to continue watching Revolution...or I'll have to catch it OnDemand.

MaceCrimson
May 20th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Yes so happy this is moving to Wednesday, my only day off :)

Ian-S
May 21st, 2013, 07:43 PM
Welp, if they keep going as they are, there won't be any of the main cast left for season 2 :lol:

Lairston
May 21st, 2013, 08:36 PM
Welp, if they keep going as they are, there won't be any of the main cast left for season 2 :lol:lol

I thought Nora was doomed.

Rosehawk
May 21st, 2013, 09:03 PM
lol

I thought Nora was doomed.
Yeah, they definitely are keeping everyone at risk of being killed or maimed.

I just hope that Grace makes it through...I'd like to see a bit more of her story develop.

LtColCarter
May 22nd, 2013, 05:34 AM
Welp, if they keep going as they are, there won't be any of the main cast left for season 2 :lol:

:indeed:

Perelandra
May 23rd, 2013, 09:45 AM

Yep a couple of characters from this last ep seem doomed unless some sort of miracle happens

Ian-S
May 23rd, 2013, 04:54 PM
someone will tackle her and it'll miraculously roll out of harms way, but hopefully it'll still be enough of a distraction to get the plan rolling, either that or the fuse is bust.

Grace
Was sitting at the console watching the CCTV in the wide shot - who those other people were that were standing around here, now that's another question....

ZRFTS
May 23rd, 2013, 11:48 PM
The Longest Day
It's a known fact that the show is centered towards action; in every episode that you see you have people shooting guns constantly, exquisite swordfighting and moves not known to mankind. It is the title with the episode that suggests that there's going to be lots of action, lots of hecticness and tons of revelations, you'd be somewhat right on that note.

It's admirable that Revolution is raising the stakes, making it harder for our heroes to actually fulfill their mission. You have actual death and carnage here and there, you have the idea that Monroe is truly winning an unfair fight and you even have several of your main characters trapped or otherwise injured. The initial attack could be considered one of the episodes best moments as it showcases the carnage perfectly and engages you in the moment of it all. It gives a reason for a lot of the action that is happening and for once, you actually feel compassion for the Georgians and our heroes as they have to deck it out through this carnage.

http://imageshack.us/a/img153/3515/revolutionboom.jpg
Boom!

Unfortunately, the momentum is slowly lost as Revolution regresses to it's usual tactics. There were a few things that were good such as Nevil caring for his son Jason and yes you have characters facing perilous situations but thanks to the laws of television, most of the shock is gone. You're going to expect Miles to get out of this situation easily, you're going to expect Charlie to make it out alive (somehow she's able to beat the odds) and you're going to expect them winning against impossible odds. Granted they do try to switch it up by having one of the main characters go missing and placing Nevil in a situation of harm for once but even these changes aren't enough to distract you from the real issues.

One of the benefits this episode has is that it explores the characters somewhat. Take for instance Monroe; now he's been a Darth Vader like fella for since the show has started but in this episode he's explored a bit. He's depicted as a paranoid fellow who fears for his own life and doesn't trust his own friends. That paranoia helps in making Monroe feel more human and dynamic per say. For once we could actually connect with him as he utilized his ruthless tactics in order to protect himself from said paranoia; if there was a best performance for Monroe than this would be it and the best part, it justifies his decision as a ruthless killer even though I still don't believe him. However, there are times where the Monroe subplot can go nowhere and at most times, can even regress to his former self, thus negating any character growth he might of had.

In addition, the subplot of Rachel and Aaron is also one to talk about; it really shows their dedication to each other even though Rachel is the more ruthless one of the two. Aaron speaks in volumes when he says that he's not going to leave her behind, that he's going to heal her no matter what. That alone screams determination. The twist of being captured in order to help heal someone also affords more character exploration and it gives Rachel a chance to be cunning. Never have we seen Rachel like this, she's basically saying "screw humanity, I want the power back" and it's a strong sentence nonetheless; one that most accurately describes her character and one that'll connect to viewers, it helps that the injured subject actually looks injured and not just faking it, that alone gives Rachel's message more weight.

http://imageshack.us/a/img825/6605/revolutionrachelandaaro.jpg
A sticky situation.

Unfortunately, Rachel's flashbacks don't hold up to the same scrutiny as the present scenes. While it attempts to show the same ruthless Rachel which we've seen in the present, it ultimately ends up reducing Rachel to a broken record and ends up being nothing special. Even worse is that they attempt to add some abusive guy in order to gain the empathy of the audience ultimately ending up a stereotype in itself. It's nice to know that Rachel's desire to turn on the power transferred over to the flashbacks and it's great to see Rachel's motivation but really, did we really need to be repeated the message of "I don't know where Ben is, but he's the only one who can turn on the power." It would of worked had they included much more variety in the flashback scenes but as it stands this is a stillborn.

Despite this, it actually comes across as a good episode. They're not afraid to take punches and they're not afraid to explore the characters; the situation is brutal and bloody and what we learn of the characters are worthwhile and some of it actually manages to grab the viewer, however; there are times where the episode can fall flat and when it falls flat, it falls flat; dragging the episode down with it. Without those scenes, this could be a bonefied Revolution classic but as it stands, it's just a good episode.6.0/10

mr_kennedy
May 25th, 2013, 04:39 PM
The way you guys where talking i thought

Nora kicked the bucket, so i was like yeah your right they are gonna run out of main characters, but i wouldn't exactly call Malik Yoba's character a main character :p

I have a feeling that Neville might die in season 2

garhkal
May 27th, 2013, 12:56 PM
I am wondering what stuff they will find tonight in the tower!

Ian-S
May 28th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Yet more questions and not a lot of answers :lol:

LtColCarter
May 30th, 2013, 07:00 AM
I like the cool guns they've found! :D

Perelandra
May 30th, 2013, 07:23 AM
^^ me too and

looks like Neville is going to try to take over the Monroe militia?, we get to see a more "human" side to Monroe, will there be a truce between Miles and Monroe?

LtColCarter
May 30th, 2013, 07:24 AM
^^ me too and

looks like Neville is going to try to take over the Monroe militia?, we get to see a more "human" side to Monroe, will there be a truce between Miles and Monroe?

Hmmmm...we shall see. :-)

Ian-S
May 30th, 2013, 03:39 PM
I can see....

Neville taking over the Monroe Republic, getting power hungry, leading to a subsequent truce between Miles and Monroe to try and regain power with the help of Rachel and her family, you know the old saying, Enemy of my Enemy is my friend.

Neville's son will finally see the light about his father and defect (again) because he's just sooooo in love with Charlotte he can't bare life fighting her.

While the people in the Tower go off the rails proper and decide to wage war on 'those that want to turn the power back on' - i.e. everybody outside.

All that wrapped up into a nice season 1 cliffhanger...

Well I got the previous cliffhanger in the tent right :lol:

LtColCarter
May 31st, 2013, 06:18 AM
I can see....

Neville taking over the Monroe Republic, getting power hungry, leading to a subsequent truce between Miles and Monroe to try and regain power with the help of Rachel and her family, you know the old saying, Enemy of my Enemy is my friend.

Neville's son will finally see the light about his father and defect (again) because he's just sooooo in love with Charlotte he can't bare life fighting her.

While the people in the Tower go off the rails proper and decide to wage war on 'those that want to turn the power back on' - i.e. everybody outside.

Sounds plausible.

Perelandra
May 31st, 2013, 07:14 AM
I can see....

yes you got the tent scene right, I'll bet you're mostly right about the scenarios you propose-we'll see!

Ian-S
June 1st, 2013, 04:18 PM
I hope not, it'll be a major letdown if that is the cliffhanger.

Personally I'd like to see Neville be bumped off by his Son sometime soon.

ZRFTS
June 2nd, 2013, 08:53 PM
Clue
Also known as "Mystery", "Who Dun'it" and "An Affair". This episode of Revolution takes a detour from the mainly action orientated path it's known for and places it on the mystery path for which it has never been before. Certainly this looks to be an interesting episode what with it's divergance from it's usual path so let's see how this episode fares compared with the rest.

Much of the episode's beginning was good, it was like it was setting itself up for the big epic event ahead, one that'll certainly pay off in the weeks ahead and they certainly went to great lengths in order to ensure that this is epic. We got our revelations such as "The Tower", we got our bad guys stronghold such as the Monroe republic setting up camp and we got our heroes looking optimistic for the future. With every word that they say, with every emotion that they emote, they're certainly showing to us that they're willing to try, they're willing to believe in the long run and man can that grab people; the hope, the optimism, just everything about their journey that finally puts to place the puzzle pieces of which Revolution has been setting up for all this time.

http://imageshack.us/a/img208/1176/revolutionsabotage.jpg
Sabotage!

Of course, there has to be the mystery element of which this episode proports and it happens during the middle half of the episode. Boy what a mystery it is, they have it all; potential subjects, misdirection, the unexpected surprise. It's always something when a mystery is solvable by it's audience and here you have it, you have your potential hints you have to piece together, you have your past experiences of which to judge their alibi with and you have the character performances to back it up as well. You'll have fun as you focus your eyes on who could be the subject and you'll definitely be fooled as to who it could be. Could it be Jason the spy who's lied before; could it be Nora who's under the influence of drugs; could it be the switcher who brought Nora back, the possibilities are just endless.

And the episode definitely provides the paranoia vibe to back up the mystery element. You have your slit throats along with people on their deathbed and the usual sabotage. There's the element that this is to be expected but the episode does such a good job with the colors and the cinematography that the element of surprise is exploited; rarely have I seen cinematography that emerges me in the action and this one definitely did me in, the details that they focused on such as the broken wires and the bloodied switchblade knives were something that were relevant to the plot at hand and added to that feeling; you definitely get the feeling that someone or a group of people with ulterior motives are trying to keep our heroes trapped here, unable to complete that mission of which they were made to do.

Of course, I felt like more time could of been associated to the mystery element of the show. We have all of these characters preparing for the great adventure, waving goodbye, setting up shop and it's all good and all but there's a mystery that's supposed to be solved and I feel like this could of been put in another episode but on the downside, we wouldn't have the explanation as to why they're at the tower and much of the intensity of the last two episodes wouldn't be set up. "Stargate Atlantis" and "Babar" at least kept their focus on the mystery, they introduced to us events that were pivotal to the mystery at hand, they included a subtle sense of cultural observation or implausibility that helped to enhance the mystery and they definitely made sure that the mystery was the first thing people was focusing on whether it was a joke or even some action.

http://imageshack.us/a/img203/1383/revolutionbody.jpg
Bodies everywhere!

Still, for what it's worth; the mystery element is as good as it lasts and as a plus, it even forces the other segments to be better. The action here which is usually long and indulgent is short and sweet with only the punching, the motivation and the betrayal at focus here, it also helps that there's only one of these scenes in the entire episode; the punches come through with crystal clarity and the definite skill of the fighting is one that'll actually have people rooting for the fight instead of being frustrated that they're easily winning, you'll actually feel as if the other guy is going to win instead of the other way around. And if that isn't enough, the characters hare are explored to satisfactory depths; we get the growth of Charlie and Jason as a couple, we get a look inside the relationship between Jason and his father and we get just how much Miles cares for his friends; so it makes those following the series from the beginning satisfied.

I might be compelled to come out and say this but I think this might be one of the good episodes of Revolution, it's got everything. Mystery, sensible action, actual character growth and even though it might drag at places, the good overwhelms the bad and actually makes the episode enjoyable even though the bad can be bad. And to think this episode comes before the episode where everything actually matters, this was actually very surprising and entertainable.7.5/10

Perelandra
June 4th, 2013, 08:32 AM
I don't know anything about how power plants or electricity works, but I can't believe you would just flip a switch and everything just starts working again-wouldn't the infrastructure be so damaged after 15 years(never mind power lines being down,ect after15 years) that it would take weeks,months,years for people to get their power back?
And it looks like Atlanta and Philadelphia? are toast? Plus major character death this time, with no going back.

disappointed, but I did really like the Miles/Monroe exchange. their relationship is complicated to say the least.

LtColCarter
June 4th, 2013, 09:11 AM
I don't know anything about how power plants or electricity works, but I can't believe you would just flip a switch and everything just starts working again-wouldn't the infrastructure be so damaged after 15 years(never mind power lines being down,ect after15 years) that it would take weeks,months,years for people to get their power back?
And it looks like Atlanta and Philadelphia? are toast? Plus major character death this time, with no going back.

disappointed, but I did really like the Miles/Monroe exchange. their relationship is complicated to say the least.

Yes, and it wouldn't take but a few months for the degradation to start.

ZRFTS
June 4th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Children of Men

You know when an episode takes charge and finally does something to merit being on the air, just grabs you in the moment and never lets you go. For weeks Revolution has not had that episode; until now. It seems like being the penultimate episode has finally motivated the show to step it's game up.

For one, you get the massive revelation the second half of the season has built up for this point. It is finally worth it when we see the insides of the one thing the show has kept a lid on and many of us have thought in our heads for weeks at a time. The interior is filled with such gadgets and little tidies that it'll keep geeks entertained for hours; just look at that room, it couldn't scream sci-fi if it were close to your face. The monitors, the dank government looks, the circuitry... And it serves as the perfect setting for our heroes, not one area is like the others and even though there may be more halls then actual rooms, the fact that the rooms are designed to be almost like the government built them and not obviously designed for action makes up for it.

http://imageshack.us/a/img6/7514/revolutionrm.jpg
Rachel and Monroe.

This episode also contains some above-average action that defines the genre the show is in. You have people trying to make it before they close the gates, you have an unknown group of people with weapons way beyond our comprehension, you even have the patented escape and there actually seems to be a threat for the first time in Revolution's history, one which makes us fear those guys and root for our heroes and have finally seems to have the tables turned providing an adrenaline rush for those watching. Good action is when something manages to pay off the investment whether it's in a single episode or an entire arc; everything has to be "worth it" when a person watches because if he or she is bored by the action than what is the viewer left with, disappointment and sorrow. This right here is what we call good action, heroes being faced by odds that may be better than them, unexpected surprises that help to spice up the night and most importantly, a smile on the person watching it.

It also continues the character development introduced a few episodes back as we have decent interaction between Rachel and Monroe; he has been seeming especially dynamic as of late introducing to us a side we've never seen before, a caring confused side that seems more human than anything Darth Vader would of done. His performance works as a reflection of what power can do to a guy, all of the mistakes that he's made, the true personality that lies beneath his hard exterior. Audiences would greatly appreciate that he's not a one dimensional being and possesses what we call a soul; of course, Rachel is in this scene as well and while she does not fare as good as Monroe, she at least holds her own and provides some emotion to back up that state; we can truly feel that she cares as she unleashes her bottled up emotions at Monroe, blaming him for killing his son, making a metaphor that every action that he had done is an excuse.

There's also flashbacks that happen throughout the episode that gives us a rare glimpse into the past and it definitely shows the contrast between Rachel and her husband; her husband is adamant in his belief that what he's going to do will work and she just wants nothing to do with the DOD and in fact, thinks that turning off the power is wrong. The character acting in these flashbacks are top-notch and in fact, succeed in portraying their world which isn't as closely knit-tight as they think; they have the focus on their family, they have the desire to make sure that their kids survives but the breaking point is that they have separate viewpoints, one of which would come to drive Rachel for miles to come. I just wish they were more of these flashbacks throughout the episode.

http://imageshack.us/a/img199/876/revolutiongunfight.jpg
Gun fight in progress.

Despite the majority of good things with the episode, there are also some weak things about it as well. I felt Nevil and Jason's scenes were disappointing in that while they had Nevil acting good, they felt somewhat rehashed with the hints of Nevil being a potential leader of the Monroe militia being sprinkled throughout, something that they did last season; note to writers, scenes are supposed to be original, not as a reminder of what's to come. Additionally, several things felt like a bad Stargate episode; it is true that they explore the sci-fi aspect of things but Aaron sprouting out what they need the power on for ruined it for me. It was kind of like pandering to the audience, the writers are afraid that the audience wouldn't know what they're fighting for (when it's the opposite) so they just have someone say it. People watching sci-fi should not have ideologies explained to them unless it is absolutely required in the script.

This episode turned out surprisingly good. With this being the penultimate episode of the season, everything is stepped up to a considerable degree with acting, action and exploration all being in the high marks. Of course, some of it feels like a 3rd rate Stargate episode and there are some times where the momentum can be lost but still, this is a good episode for Revolution and for the series being as bad as it is, that's quite an accomplishment.
7.5/10

Ian-S
June 4th, 2013, 05:53 PM
You're supposed to suspend logical thinking remember ;)

An interesting cliffhanger going into Season 2 (I presume that's it now, 20 episodes wasn't it?).

Why did he:

only want to blow up Atlanta and Philadelphia, what about Texas, Great Plains etc.?

From a technical standpoint, batteries may not break down at all, especially Lipo based, they can theoretically keep their charge for years, but it would indeed take "time" to get Power Plants back up and running, it's not like the technicians are going to be sitting there ready to stoke the coal in the furnace.

I so knew Randall was going to off himself though, at least wait until the ICBM's have arrived at their destination before doing the deed though, now the lady can get in there and blow the warheads and save the day.

I'm glad most of my predictions didn't work out, I don't like it when I can predict where the storyline is going weeks in advance, shows a lack of storytelling imho :)

Skydiver
June 4th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Just a few plot holes. But it sets things up for next season.

Perelandra
June 5th, 2013, 05:19 AM

An interesting cliffhanger going into Season 2 (I presume that's it now, 20 episodes wasn't it?).

Why did he:

only want to blow up Atlanta and Philadelphia, what about Texas, Great Plains etc.?

From a technical standpoint, batteries may not break down at all, especially Lipo based, they can theoretically keep their charge for years, but it would indeed take "time" to get Power Plants back up and running, it's not like the technicians are going to be sitting there ready to stoke the coal in the furnace.

I so knew Randall was going to off himself though, at least wait until the ICBM's have arrived at their destination before doing the deed though, now the lady can get in there and blow the warheads and save the day.

I'm glad most of my predictions didn't work out, I don't like it when I can predict where the storyline is going weeks in advance, shows a lack of storytelling imho :)

Makes Sense!

ZRFTS
June 5th, 2013, 08:02 PM
The Dark Tower

Well it's Season Finale time for Revolution and as we all know. Season Finales are these big budgeted throw everything at once experiences that you can only have once in a season. The last episode Revolution stepped their game up, surely they can up it once again to match the brevity that's been the last few episodes right? Read on to find out.

Firstly, I was disappointed that it wasn't as intense. We got our few moments such as Monroe and Miles walking through the field and Nevil taking command that just felt like any other average Revolution episode; because of that the episode is dragged down significantly and it makes us feel less than our heroes than before. Surely they would add some character development in order to give the scenes any meaning and they somewhat do, having flashbacks with Monroe and Miles being the best of friends helped and I finally got some explanation as to why Miles and Monroe are enemies; the fact that Monroe would do anything for Miles is kind of like a reflection of the soulful personality that emerged in the past few episodes. I never knew he was the protecting type or type to bow down at a whim from what I've seen of him; glad to know I was proven wrong and Nevil (while regressing a bit) brings his game back to the days of Season 1 when he was known as the second best character of the show; the way he takes command, the way he utilizes his timber voice, it all screams classic Nevil. However, it's all a bit schmaltzy as they pull out the "brothers" card and try to utilize it as a roundabout way of justifying their relationship. We still haven't been described why Monroe is blamed while Miles walks away free and at this point in time we deserve to know why? Instead we're forced to assume that people have forgotten about this issue. Pity.

http://imageshack.us/a/img12/250/revolutionmilesinbed.jpg
Miles in bed.

But when there is action, it's intense and to have the Tower people plus Monroe's army felt like a nice way to give them a bit of antagonism. They're different techniques and feelings are not lost here and whether it's brute forcing to being clever and sly, they mostly provide a challenge for our heroes. It makes us wish they would get down to Level 12 and turn the power on already. The eerie vibes presented by the best character in Revolution Grace really help to provide a feeling of ease but a feeling of restlessness at the same time, it makes the tower all the more dank and for that I commend them; without those eerie vibes their mission wouldn't of had much engagement and it would of just felt like another episode of Revolution rather than the season finale it's supposed to be. Of course, there are times where the action feels route and forced. The Nevil soldiers felt nothing more than cannon fodder to our heroes as they easily shoot them down with ridiculous ease; it didn't engage me as much as the previous guys and made me bored to the point where I just wish they would be done with it. Sure, Nevil tries hard to provide the sense of ruthlessness that was a trademark of his predecessor but he just feels like the guy who seems to avoid getting shot and who always seems to be getting the short side of the stick by our heroes; if there was more of a feeling of our characters being at risk than maybe, maybe I would care but as it stands...

It wouldn't be Revolution without mythology/story related scenes and this episode is chock full of them. We get revelations of just how far the implications of Aarons code go, to the point where it's the base of the entire Tower itself. It's just nice seeing Aaron gain a new purpose in life; think about it, he's the master of the code right and the entire world has just been thrusted upon his shoulders, that to me makes him a great character because it shows that a person as niche as him can become marvelous things though it doesn't excuse how he was used earlier in the season. The scope of the tower being attributed to their parents also makes them feel important, it makes us think that the people who we used to know as protagonist have contributed a lot to the incident and seeing the results of what the tower is definitely enforces that. In fact I'd go so far to say as it's a continuation of the themes of the last episode, how they were originally desiring to do something good but instead coming up with this; definitely sets the impact. Lastly, no review would be complete without a mention of the ending, this definitely sets up the next season and it puts much of the season into perspective; all of the alliances, all of the battles and all of the motivations. I wouldn't go so far to say it redefines the season but it puts everything into perspective. I will be disappointed if they manage to negate everything the ending has done.

http://imageshack.us/a/img11/518/revolutionnevil2.jpg
Nevil in charge.

Well... This episode was successful in ending it in a bang. It had a great look into the mythology of the series, it had above average action and most importantly, it took the momentum of the past few episodes and applied it to effective strengths. There are points in time where the series has not gotten past it's own flaws but for the most part, it's pretty good; in fact entertainable to say the least. Now if only the rest of the season were up to par.
7.0/10

Perelandra
June 7th, 2013, 07:29 AM

Why did he:

Maybe Texas and Plain States weren't perceived as the threat that Atlanta and Georgia were, i.e. they didn't have much in way of tech or manpower Plain states seemed poor and unorganized when Aaron and Rachel were passing through although we haven't seen anything of Texas this season- maybe will be explored next season?

Ian-S
June 7th, 2013, 04:48 PM
True :)

escyos
June 8th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Maybe Texas and Plain States weren't perceived as the threat that Atlanta and Georgia were, i.e. they didn't have much in way of tech or manpower Plain states seemed poor and unorganized when Aaron and Rachel were passing through although we haven't seen anything of Texas this season- maybe will be explored next season?

Yes the Plains Nation is ran by a bunch of nomadic tribes, but they do appear to have military clashes with the Monroe Militia in St. Louis, but they may be like the rebels in comparison for military strength. Texas is apparently a large enough threat as Monroe tried to have a general there killed. Miles also remarked that it would be a bad idea to give them power.

LtColCarter
June 10th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Now that the enter button has been pressed (since there wasn't a switch to flip)...I wonder what's going to happen in season two?

garhkal
June 10th, 2013, 01:33 PM

Very true for all the stuff in the spoiler text.
My inputs for that.

1)I would love to also know how it is, fuel is readily available for all these helo uses. From my time in the mil, fuel left sitting around gets stagnent and useless after a while. 15 yrs is a long time. Also what of all the hoses, etc?
2) Ok so monro/miles think of each other as brothers.. No real biggy there.
3) Wtf was up with the missile launch> Where was the 'football (the brief case the president's staff carries) with all the launch codes in, wouldn't he have needed them to input into the launch computer?
4) When the heck is charlie going to realize mommy dearest doesn't seem to give a flying spagetti monster about anyone else but her damn self, and kick her for it?

Kayzersoze
June 10th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Very true for all the stuff in the spoiler text.
My inputs for that.

1)I would love to also know how it is, fuel is readily available for all these helo uses. From my time in the mil, fuel left sitting around gets stagnent and useless after a while. 15 yrs is a long time. Also what of all the hoses, etc?
2) Ok so monro/miles think of each other as brothers.. No real biggy there.
3) Wtf was up with the missile launch> Where was the 'football (the brief case the president's staff carries) with all the launch codes in, wouldn't he have needed them to input into the launch computer?
4) When the heck is charlie going to realize mommy dearest doesn't seem to give a flying spagetti monster about anyone else but her damn self, and kick her for it?

I too find a lot of plotholes in this show. But I still love it ....
... maybe slightly less now Nora is gone. She was, simply, beautiful.

And on the missile launch .... those missiles managed to achieve orbital velocities WAY to fast.

In any case ... assuming I lived in the "Revolution" universe, and had children under 15 - first thing I'd do with the power now back on: wait till they do something naughty, drag my feet on the carpet without them seeing, walk up and zap them with static electricity and say in a god-like voice "THOU SHALL NOT BE NAUGHTY OR THOU SHALL BE SHOCKED!!"

ZRFTS
June 16th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Revolution: Season 1
Who knows what situation NBC was in when they commissioned this series but I do know this, they must of been really desperate to have ordered this series. Who could blame them, this series was commissioned by J.J. Abrams and Jon Farveau, it has A-list casting, it even has a concept that could be considered science-fiction gold; alas, it seemed like what NBC got wasn't what they expected at all, in fact it could be considered the exact opposite of what anybody could think was possible.

Let's get this fact out of the way, the show is wholly inaccurate from the science used to the methods our survivor use. Looking at this series, it's clear that they did not do their research as stuff such as the sudden deceleration of planes to the inability to use other forms of energy such as steam and propultion and it even extends to the second half of the season where the excuse they used to describe the energy loss is both improbable and stupid. I don't know how the writers could of missed out on a couple of simple facts, maybe they needed to make the world they wanted to make, maybe they thought said realism could ruin the shows purpose and it's definitely a fantasy world, just look at the way anybody fights; even for the people who haven't thought before it seems like they've been trained in the mystical art of kung-fu. Anyways, the research they didn't do makes this show look wholey unprofessional and as a result, makes it hard to take it seriously at times.

Surely the characters can buoy the show and they definitely have some good characters. You have the man who's history more than meets the eye, (Miles) you have the vulnerable female who's just stepping out into the world (Charlie); you even have a villian who's ruthless in his actions. (Monroe) but the unfortunate truth is they can't carry the show. Many of the characters are archetypes of other better characters. Miles is a Han Solo-type person who can kill anything that he shoots, Charlie is a charater who focuses on beauty, weapons and hard-edged behavior and Monroe is like Darth Vader, condescending with his tone and lacking the fine art of subtly. The show tries to inject character into them as evident with character based episodes such as "Kashmir" but more often than not the action takes president over the characters and this leads to some awkward moments such as painting Monroe as a villain or neglecting to focus on certain aspects such as Miles evil side. Additionally, some characters can even be a pain to watch; Charlie for one who always tries to be vulnerable and emotional, she ruins mostly every episode she's in with some pitiful attempts to provoke emotion and her voice which always seems to be trying a bit too hard. When her role is lessened, her character works well and many episodes of the second half prove this.

This show is about action and many episodes showcase that from "The Longest Day" to "Nobody's Fault But Mine", action fans will surly love the amount of gun and sword action that is in Revolution as this seems to be catered for them, nobody can deny that the action is well portrayed but the action could definitely be described as excessive and flashy. Everywhere they go characters do finely complicated stylized moves that could be considered unnecessary and impractical; every person that is thrown at them have the features of a grunt, designed to move towards our heroes vicinity and designed to be taken out like cake. This makes the action feel boring and generic, without a tough foe to combat them, we don't feel much reason to care about our heroes since we know they're going to make it out in one piece all of the time. I usually go against excess in action because I feel that just shooting guns is style over substance, there are a few cases such as in "The Dark Tower" where they can actually provide a challenge thus making the action exciting but those times don't come often enough, challenge is usually needed in order for an action sequence to work. We must care for the characters, we must make them think that their life is in danger, we must believe they can die. If all they do is shoot down guys like slicing butter than really, what's the purpose of having action at all?

It's first half of the season suffers from a lack of direction, there is nothing in the first half that supports the high-concept of the series often having the characters go from one interesting local to the next that features in episodes such as "The Children's Crusade" and "Sex and Drugs" often featuring the heroes getting into a gunfight or helping out a local someone with very few character development in return, while we do get brief developments such as Charlie or Aaron getting stronger, they often fail to further the growth of the characters thus in turn leaving the episodes feel hollow. The Monroe Militia also goes underutilized as they barely get a chance to showcase how ruthless and evil they are, and even then they squander the possibility by acting as route and uptight as possible, showcasing themselves rather than this republic that they've so claimed to built. It almost makes you not care about the journey ahead and even makes you lose faith in the characters of which this show is trying to build, they do try to amp it up at the end but it doesn't usually work mainly because the moments the characters have to prove themselves are too few and the writers are usually too caught up in worrying whether or not their stuff will land with the audience. (See "Nobody's Fault But Mine")

The second half of the season however is mildly better. Episodes like "The Stand" and "Home" still suffer from some issues but they are watchable instead of being painful to watch, more importantly they seem to be building the mythology by featuring the tiniest hints of technology and featuring characters important to the issue at hand. For those of you who like character growth, threat not for Miles and Aaron come out better than before being shown how important they are to the world and having aspects such as the empathy and the devotion come out; more surprisingly a character named Rachel steps up to take the reign, weaving a personality full of twists and turns as she provides the frail mother who cares about the people she's close to dearly but also carries a mischievous side to her. Her appearance oddly enough causes the characters to act better and every word makes the world feel more interesting from the scientific details to the personal details alone. The last three episodes manage to be entertaining TV by featuring foes who actually pose a threat, sci-fi that is actually thought provoking and a gamechanger ending which is definately needed in a show like this. However, it's not so good that it radically changes the show into must watch TV, it's just watchable good enough entertainment.

For a show like this to succeed, it has to have sufficient logic, a compelling plot, writing that isn't full of itself. A similar show to this caliber Stargate Universe certainly tried when it came to it's concept, how it's flaw was with the writing staff which wasn't up to par when it came to the concept. This show has a somewhat-lesser concept but it has worse producers, worse writers and worse acting. The main problem is that the show doesn't want to explore; while it does show us another country in "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia", it doesn't show us what's going on in Africa, Europe or any other continent, instead it sorely shows us what's going on in those two places only. I understand that it's central to the character's stories but the world is central to the story too; we as an audience would like to know what's going on in the other countries. Additionally, your belief requires a lot of suspending. Think about it, you as a viewer should not be using up all of your whim in order to get enjoyment out of a TV show; you should just sit down on the screen and like it based on it's own merits. You shouldn't have to restrain your inner urge to nitpick every aspect of the show; while that may be true for other shows, this show has a sort of feeling to it that makes you spin your head everytime you watch it.

Revolution's first season is ultimately one that is mixed up in a hot mess. Half of it sucks, half of it is watchable and the inbetween is stuck in limbo. Sure, there are good parts but the good parts don't connect in a manner that is consistent; additionally, the series is badly written with many cliches, plot holes and inconsistencies about and the characters are not up to the par you expect them to be. I can understand why people can be hopeful for the show, it's kind of like NBC's beacon in a sea that's especially cloudy and it's got a good science-fiction concept and J.J. Abrams is behind the show but those reasons aren't enough for me to like the show. I think this will go down as one of J.J. Abrams first flops which is a shame because he's the guy who's done "Lost" and "Fringe". If only it focused on the world and the mythology than maybe, maybe it would of worked. Oh well...
4.0/10

mr_kennedy
June 17th, 2013, 04:30 AM
So this is what happens when desmond doesnt push the button at all :p juliet went to push it everything is fine now for season 2 :lol:

interesting season, they started off in one direction, and moved into a completly different one, 2nd half of the season was better i thought, the first half was decent enough but we knew that storyline wasnt going to be it for revolution, so i guess it had to end somehow :p

garhkal
June 20th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Mods.. Any idea if/when this will get its own subforums, like Defiance, once upon a time etc have?

Rosehawk
June 28th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Mods.. Any idea if/when this will get its own subforums, like Defiance, once upon a time etc have?
The decision is entirely Darren's as to whether any show gets a subforum or not.

Sp!der
July 3rd, 2013, 09:46 AM
I'm constantly changing my mind about this show but for now my status is to finish this show at least untill september so I can join in again for the second season..only to see it how it develops...

garhkal
July 4th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Rodger.. Here is hoping Darren decides to make a sub forum..

Gen. Chris
July 21st, 2013, 10:40 PM
Being careful not to read any of the comments, but..

I stopped watching after episode 5 or so. Did it ever get any better?

Ian-S
July 22nd, 2013, 04:13 AM
Yes (imho).

garhkal
July 22nd, 2013, 01:53 PM
S2 was better than s1.. Not by much, but it was at least worth keeping up with.

jelgate
July 22nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
S2 was better than s1.. Not by much, but it was at least worth keeping up with.

Their has only been 1 season

Gen. Chris
July 22nd, 2013, 10:08 PM
Jel I think he meant the second half of season 1 lol

Okay, well I might try it again. I just find it hard to watch when I find the supporting characters more interesting than the main one.

Brother Freyr
August 16th, 2013, 09:31 PM
So, I finally caught up. Finished season one. There's so much I dislike about this series, and yet I continue to watch it. WTH is wrong with me? :S

Sp!der
August 17th, 2013, 07:06 AM
So, I finally caught up. Finished season one. There's so much I dislike about this series, and yet I continue to watch it. WTH is wrong with me? :S

not many Shows achieve this! It is the same here with me.... but I am still catching up.. ;)

McAvoy
August 18th, 2013, 10:30 AM
not many Shows achieve this! It is the same here with me.... but I am still catching up.. ;)

Tell me about it. I have watched the whole season 1 and will do it for season 2. But the sad thing, the whole magical everything turns on and off like there is switch bothers the hell out of me. Nothing that sits for 15 years that long will work unless it has been maintained.

Ian-S
August 18th, 2013, 12:53 PM
:lol: sounds familiar...

garhkal
August 20th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Caught a snippet last night during American Ninja Warrior, for the start of the 3rd season, Sept the 25th.. YAYY!

Dumper
August 20th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Caught a snippet last night during American Ninja Warrior, for the start of the 3rd season, Sept the 25th.. YAYY!

3rd season? They haven't shown the 2nd season yet. ;)

garhkal
August 21st, 2013, 02:18 PM
DOH.. Forgot season 1 was broken up into 2 parts.
So that should have read season 2 kicks off in sep.

Sp!der
September 1st, 2013, 02:04 AM
I have five episodes left.... so.. I'm still not sure what to think of it, the show is all over places and it has no real concept... the actors are except for Elizabeth Mitchell meh and I wish that Tracy Spiridakos would leave the show in the next season. I will continue watching it in the hope, that they kind of improve the acting, dialouges and the plot, it is still better than reality shows though :)

garhkal
September 1st, 2013, 12:07 PM
Wha/.. you want charlie (noting can go wrong) to leave?
Me to. Hope they kill her off!

Sp!der
September 1st, 2013, 02:07 PM
one episode left.. but this will be safed for tomorrow! God, what a show this mess is :) but still enjoyable for some unknown reasons!

Gen. Chris
September 8th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Sooo....After putting it off all summer, I finally decided to (finally) give this another shot. You can thank Netflix for this.

In any case, my reservations about the show from last year did carry over for a bit...It really did not have a good start. Charlie is simply not likable, and Danny would have been a better lead. Overall, it is pretty meh. Later on it becomes a lot more interesting, and the characters overall getting better.

In any case, it is far from a great show, but it is watchable and somewhat enjoyable.

tomstone
September 8th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Awesome. I missed the start of the Show and now I got the whole other half to watch! :valaanime06:

Normally I would be angry, but with a show like this I find it better. The Story development just goes to slow for me. Cant wait to see whats in store, but guessing by the few comments I read before realising I am in Spoiler territory, its a mess. Cya when I got to the Season Finale.

Edit: Okay. So saw the Finale and not sure what to say about it. The Suspense was nice, but I did not like the whole Miles Monroe drama. At some point it didnt even seem to make much Sense.

As for the big Cliffhanger, it was a bit uninterresting. Fine the lights are back on and some Missiles got launched, but I am pretty sure they are going to do something about that. They could still reactivate the Nanites, though if that happens it is certain that they wont be able to turn them off again that time.

Sorry, I just love making guesses. :D

Ian-S
September 10th, 2013, 11:11 AM
From the spoilers I've read, the start of Season 2:

picks up 3 months after the cliffhanger.

First Falling Skies, now this, what is is about these writers at the moment, do they not understand the meaning of CLIFFHANGER.

garhkal
September 10th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Yea.. If tht is true, i will HATE it, and poss turn off this show.

Ian-S
September 10th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Oh the other thing I read was that the power

is back off again

They'd better explain that one pretty sharpish, not to mention...

How they all got out a sealed bunker

I'll reserve judgement until the episode has actually aired, but if they go down the ....three months later route, I'll probably switch off too, no pun intended.

escyos
September 10th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Oh the other thing I read was that the power

is back off again

Yes, they do turn the power back off.

They'd better explain that one pretty sharpish, not to mention...

How they all got out a sealed bunker

Well they probably went up the stairs and through the giant hole in the blast door....

I'll reserve judgement until the episode has actually aired, but if they go down the ....three months later route, I'll probably switch off too, no pun intended.

From what I've seen/read the episode has a 'just after the finale' part and then a months later thing.

I don't see what is so wrong about that.

garhkal
September 11th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Cause they left things on a very nice cliffhanger, and cut to 3 months later, we never get to see what the resolution is. Just like the "7 months later due to Ann's pregnancy" situation Falling skies did .

escyos
September 11th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Cause they left things on a very nice cliffhanger, and cut to 3 months later, we never get to see what the resolution is. Just like the "7 months later due to Ann's pregnancy" situation Falling skies did .

Yes but sometimes its just easier to skip over the tedious days of people walking around. Revolution has used flashbacks to give us the good points, why wouldn't they do that now?

knowles2
September 13th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Just finish watching the whole series.

An I am not sure I am mad or sad. This series is just ill thought out from the beginning, massive amount of plot holes, and they are just the ones I spotted, which means there probably even more that I missed.

But you know the thing that stuck with me is that these guys invented nano machines that could repair a broken leg in a few seconds, could grow a pair of lungs, cure cancer, this technology would be worth billions of dollars, and yet they ran to DOD for funding, you would have venture capitalist, every major corporation on the planet fighting over this and they went to the DOD. Not mind the case that they apparently they were developed to provide renewable, WTF.

Now I could quite easily imagine some smart dick in the DOD getting the smart idea of reprogramming the nanobots so that could be use to disable all electronics in a country, I could even imagine the DOD stealing the nanobots to do it, but these scientists sold the machines for that purpose instead of the countless other possibilities they have.

Then there Nora, where the hell did she her training in explosive, bomb disposal from, she was just a teenanger when the black out happen. Never mind that both miles and Monroe should look a lot older than they do.

Then there Maggie Foster that walk up and down the East coast for a way back to Britain, not only did they kill the only character that didn't kill conventionally means, guns and bows, we are also suppose to buy the idea that even when trade was establish with Europe that she wouldn't have bought her way there to find her children. Instead stuck with her boyfriend and kids.
Especially as it seems at least England must have not have suffered as much from the blackout, given that Georgia governor thought they had the resources to aid her in her war with Monroe republic. A war several thousand miles away. Which means that her kid would stand a good chance of being alive.

Plus you tend not just drop dead from blood loss, it tend to be a slow death, now every solder knows there blood type and miles is a o-, universal donor, surely even these idiots would be able to at least try to give her a blood transfusion.

An countless more. They better have pretty good explanation of why they decided to turn the power back off, and why they abandon the tower. And why would the patriots build identical 18th century sailings when our knowledge of the world have evolve quite a bit since then, for example, using kites instead of sails to power there vessels.

This could have been a great show, if they spent time on developing the concept and ideas and characters, an kill off that annoying little brats Charlie and Rachel, two of the most annoying characters on TV. An it seems season 2 will have a large dose of Rachel dealing with her daddy issues.

knowles2
September 13th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Yes but sometimes its just easier to skip over the tedious days of people walking around. Revolution has used flashbacks to give us the good points, why wouldn't they do that now?

or they could have open with them being in the tower, seeing the two destroyed cities, seeing the destruction via satellites, even through the drones, then they could have a warning lights come on and see that the patriots, the big new enemy of the season 2, have control of several of the US navy fleets and it comes apparent that they have also constructed a facility capable of controlling US nuclear arsenal, which is slowly seizing control of those missiles using Aaron backdoor. They have no choice but to turn the power back off or hand over the US to people willing and able to use nuclear weapon arsenal. So they turn the tower back off.

Then you have them work on a plan in the Tower using the Tower not insignificant resources and weapons to unite the nations of America, along with the Europeans and other powers to fight the patriots.

There first mission would be to make contact with the tribes that like cutting crosses on people throats to negotiate passage and protection for the tower. Having Monroe go off and unite whatever left of his and Georgia, and the rebels forces, slowly rediscovering his good nature.

Why the other spread across America on there own mission. Rachel and Charlie suffering early deaths, hey we stuck through a tonne of rubbish, the writers should reward us early in the season with their deaths, hopefully a brutal and slow death for Rachel, an a quick fast one for Charlie.

Aaron stays at the tower, repairing it, and exploring it and using its capabilities to help the others out when he can, researching the mysteries surrounding the blackout.

It better than the daddy issues and a spirit walk that the writers are offering us in season 2 so far.

escyos
September 13th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Just finish watching the whole series.

An I am sure I am mad or sad. This series is just ill thought out from the beginning, massive amount of plot holes, and they just the ones I spotted, which means there probably even more that I missed.

But you know the thing that stuck me is that these guys invented nano machines that could repair a broken leg in a few seconds, could grow a pair of lungs, cure cancer, this technology would be worth billions of dollars, and yet they ran to DOD for funding, you would have venture capital, every major corporation on the planet fighting over this and they went to the DOD. Not mind the case that they apparently they were developed to provide renewable, WTF.

Now I could quite easily imagine some smart dick in the DOD getting the smart idea of design nano bots that could be use to disable all electronics in a country, I could even imagine the DOD stealing the nanobots to do it, but these scientists are the dumbest scientists on the planet not to have consider the countless other problem.

The capsule was a very specific device and as we were told if you don't program it right you kill the person it is in. The DOD was their best bet to get the tech ready, all they had was a small chamber they could take the power out of, getting BILLIONS of dollars meant they could go as far as they needed.

Then there Nora, where the hell did she her training in explosive, bomb disposal from, she was just a teenanger when the black out happen. Never mind that both miles and Monroe should look a lot older than they do.

As we saw she was with Miles during the last few years he was in the Militia. She could have learned then.

Then Rose, sweet little rose that walk up and down the East coast for a way back to Britain, not only did they kill the only character that didn't kill conventionally means, guns and bows, we are also suppose to buy the idea that even when trade was establish with Europe that she wouldn't have bought her way there to find her children.

Especially as it seems at least England must have not have suffered as much from the blackout, given that Georgia governor thought they had the resources to aid her in her war with Monroe republic. A war several thousand miles away. Which means that her kid would stand a good chance of being alive.

Do you mean Maggie? Georgia had communication with England but we don't know to what degree and as we have seen entering the Georgia Federation meant passing through a fence and if you were caught you would be killed. And who said Maggie even knew that ANYONE had contact. She spent years trying to get back before she gave up and then moved into a small secluded village in Wisconsin, she would not have known.

An countless more. They better have pretty good explanation of why they decided to turn the power back off, and why they abandon the tower. And why would the patriots build identical 18th century sailings when our knowledge of the world have evolve quite a bit since then, for example, using kites instead of sails to power there vessels.

This could have been a great show, if they spent time on developing the concept and ideas and characters, an kill off that annoying little brats Charlie and Rachel, two of the most annoying characters on TV. An it seems season 2 will have a large dose of Rachel dealing with her daddy issues.

The patriots just nuked Atlanta and Philadelphia, they could have many more agents waiting for the power to come back on to move, probably best to keep it off and save lives. Sail ships are easy to build and maintain and many people would be familiar with it.

I'm thinking the patriots idea is to move through the country getting individual towns to join with them promising to rebuild the US. They could say that the government knows how to get the country back up and running.

knowles2
September 13th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Yet early in the season we hear that Texas was more powerful that Monroe republic and the republic gave over there assassin to stop Texas from declaring war and invading.
An texas is full of bible bashers, whom I would bet have taken control, giving bible bashers any power is a bad idea in my book.

knowles2
September 13th, 2013, 05:19 AM
J.J. Abrams is behind the show but those reasons aren't enough for me to like the show. I think this will go down as one of J.J. Abrams first flops which is a shame because he's the guy who's done "Lost" and "Fringe". If only it focused on the world and the mythology than maybe, maybe it would of worked. Oh well... JJ Abrams stuff seem to be getting worst as he gains more influence and power in the entertainment industry. JJ Abrams and the guys and girls he work with aren't good world and mythology writers. They seem incapable of creating a logical and consistent world.

knowles2
September 13th, 2013, 05:54 AM
The capsule was a very specific device and as we were told if you don't program it right you kill the person it is in. The DOD was their best bet to get the tech ready, all they had was a small chamber they could take the power out of, getting BILLIONS of dollars meant they could go as far as they needed. They would have had venture capitalist chewing their hands of to get a piece of the pie. They would have no need for the DOD.

As we saw she was with Miles during the last few years he was in the Militia. She could have learned then.

Do you mean Maggie? Georgia had communication with England but we don't know to what degree and as we have seen entering the Georgia Federation meant passing through a fence and if you were caught you would be killed. And who said Maggie even knew that ANYONE had contact. She spent years trying to get back before she gave up and then moved into a small secluded village in Wisconsin, she would not have known. We know there was enough communications and trade available that Georgia president expected England to aid them in their war with Monroe, the sort of aid needed influence a war implies a reasonable large number of vessels an large amount of trade between the two, or what would England gain from aiding Georgia, no that claim only make sense if there is regular trade and communications and that both have large, well equipped navies to transport those supplies.

The patriots just nuked Atlanta and Philadelphia, they could have many more agents waiting for the power to come back on to move, probably best to keep it off and save lives. If they did, they would have had more than two agents at the Tower, the most important place in the entire world. An if they did have that level of infiltration they would have plotted to take over Atlanta and Philadelphia from the inside. the patriots aren't smart enough to have built themselves a network of agents throughout the united states.

Sail ships are easy to build and maintain and many people would be familiar with it.
They also take a tonne of wood to build, an mature wood, building them identically to 17th or 18th century, ignoring all of our knowledge is vessel design, war strategy, weapon designs is just stupid. Plus in today world there far more people use to working with metal than there are people use to working with wood on large scale. An then it will be interest to see them explain how a few hundred American troops manage to take over Cuba.

I'm thinking the patriots idea is to move through the country getting individual towns to join with them promising to rebuild the US. They could say that the government knows how to get the country back up and running.

An yet Monroe and Miles could just take their helicopters and fly about and prove they know how to turn the power back on, plus Georgia federation seem to be running their part of the country just fine, steam buses, establish trade with Europe, a well fed population, well equipped police force, organised and resourceful enough to maintain city built for electricity. An why Monroe wasn't a utopia and far less advanced than Georgia, it was at the very least fairly organise. An people could feed themselves, we saw few people starving.

There a reason why they were took out those two, it because they were rebuilding the country, at least the parts they controlled successfully, why the patriots sat back in Cuba doing **** all, well they built a navy and planning on nuking the two powers that were rebuilding the country. Only idiots will follow the Patriots.

garhkal
September 15th, 2013, 12:52 PM
But you know the thing that stuck with me is that these guys invented nano machines that could repair a broken leg in a few seconds, could grow a pair of lungs, cure cancer, this technology would be worth billions of dollars, and yet they ran to DOD for funding, you would have venture capitalist, every major corporation on the planet fighting over this and they went to the DOD. Not mind the case that they apparently they were developed to provide renewable, WTF. .

Perhaps it was cause of what they were working on (the renewable energy angle) that the DOD DID get involved so they could contain what it did. Kind of like how the CIA got involved in Keanu reeve's cold fusion project in the film Chain reaction.

They would have had venture capitalist chewing their hands of to get a piece of the pie. They would have no need for the DOD.

Again that's even assuming the govt didn't get wind of it and had DARPA get all over it before they could line up venture capitalists for funding.

Brother Freyr
September 15th, 2013, 02:33 PM
DOD is surprisingly invested in renewable and alternative fuel research.

knowles2
September 15th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Perhaps it was cause of what they were working on (the renewable energy angle) that the DOD DID get involved so they could contain what it did. Kind of like how the CIA got involved in Keanu reeve's cold fusion project in the film Chain reaction.

Again that's even assuming the govt didn't get wind of it and had DARPA get all over it before they could line up venture capitalists for funding.

It was made pretty clear in the show that it was Ben Matheson that approach the DOD for funding. Not the DOD approaching Ben Metheson team to offer funding.

knowles2
September 15th, 2013, 06:02 PM
DOD is surprisingly invested in renewable and alternative fuel research. Yes they are and they invest substantially in such a technology. DOD been interesting in energy research since the 40s the atomic program. ,

That not up for debate. What strange is that any company that capable of build microscopic machines would approach the DOD for funding when there so many other sources of funding for such technology, phara sector along, foundations such as Bill and melinda gates, the Wellcome Trust, both billion dollars charitable entities more than capable of providing funding in the scale of hundreds of millions, billions of pounds, especially for a projects that would solve all the issues that they are trying to solve, pollution fix, cancer cure, cure for HIV done, cure for Malaria done, hell they could have created a single injection that made humans immune to all diseases.

Technology companies such as IBM that pure a tonne of money in blue sky research projects.

escyos
September 15th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Yes they are and they invest substantially in such a technology. DOD been interesting in energy research since the 40s the atomic program. ,

That not up for debate. What strange is that any company that capable of build microscopic machines would approach the DOD for funding when there so many other sources of funding for such technology, phara sector along, foundations such as Bill and melinda gates, the Wellcome Trust, both billion dollars charitable entities more than capable of providing funding in the scale of hundreds of millions, billions of pounds, especially for a projects that would solve all the issues that they are trying to solve, pollution fix, cancer cure, cure for HIV done, cure for Malaria done, hell they could have created a single injection that made humans immune to all diseases.

Technology companies such as IBM that pure a tonne of money in blue sky research projects.

Maybe their tech wasn't as viable as you think it is. They might have needed the massive resources and near-limitless funds of the DOD in order to get it to work properly. Plus maybe other companies turned them down as they would need too much in order to get it to work on the scale they wanted. That and the fact that the nanites absorbed energy as opposed to produce it meant that it had few applications.

For all we know the DOD found out what they had and made it so they were the only ones to turn to.

Ian-S
September 16th, 2013, 04:50 AM
From what I've seen/read the episode has a 'just after the finale' part and then a months later thing.

I don't see what is so wrong about that.

If it's like that, or like the way Haven did it, then I'm fine with that.

garhkal
September 16th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Maybe their tech wasn't as viable as you think it is. They might have needed the massive resources and near-limitless funds of the DOD in order to get it to work properly. Plus maybe other companies turned them down as they would need too much in order to get it to work on the scale they wanted. That and the fact that the nanites absorbed energy as opposed to produce it meant that it had few applications.

For all we know the DOD found out what they had and made it so they were the only ones to turn to.

Which is what i was getting at. Perhaps the DOD saw what they were researching, and wanted the monopoly on it, but found out the Mathesons were going to other groups.. so they used what ever political pressure they had to get those groups to say no.. eventually making it to where if Ben and co wanted it to work they would have to go through the DOD.

Starfist
October 12th, 2013, 03:10 AM
Hi all,
Just a quick note for UK based fans of Revolution. Season 2 starts to air here in the UK on Sky 1 on Sunday 20th October at 2200.

Spimman
October 18th, 2013, 09:30 AM
So it looks like Aaron is turning into Neo. :eek:

I'm still enjoying this show, but not as much so far this season. I feel like the "US Government" being that big and that organized is unrealistic. Cuba isn't that big of an island and even with the capital cities destroyed I think the Georgia\Monroe Republics would have some fight left in them. In a more agrarian based society cities aren't as big as they are now so the proportion of citizens killed would be much smaller and the military bases would be mostly untouched.

garhkal
October 25th, 2013, 01:00 PM
True, but the milita's base, govt and more than likely the bigger stores of weapons were in those 2 locations.

I'm just wondering IF/when they might show us some of the devistation, or whether there is any issue with radiation fall out.

LoneStar1836
October 25th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Watched season 1 on Netflix streaming in the past 3 days and now trying to catch up with season 2 on Hulu.

I had intentionally avoided this show because it was on NBC (I watch nothing on this channel if I can help it.), and the premise sounded absurd along with the early commercials of people toting around muskets and swords. I love Eric Kripke's other creation, Supernatural, but his name wasn't enough to motivate me to watch this show.

Saw it on Netflix and thought "what the hell, I'll at least watch the first episode." Turned out the show was watchable and kinda addicting. Certainly not a masterpiece of writing or acting but good enough to entertain.

Last ep of season 1 I am rather mad they killed Nora. :mckay: The one strong female character and actor on the show I liked.

Perelandra
October 26th, 2013, 08:13 AM
^^Yes what LoneStar said in the 3rd paragraph for me, too. Not my favorite SciFi show, but good enough to keep me watching. Love Neville's storyline.

I am wondering the same thing garkahl wonders, I'm wondering if they will show us some of the devastation of the two cities.

One thing they haven't addressed on the show yet that I would like to see, but- they've so far worked around-is how these societies get along in the harsh winters without modern electricity, ect. The Northern half of the US and most of Canada can have very harsh winters.
Maybe that would be too hard to film so they've stayed away from it.
Surely that would impact traveling around especially in the Plains States and Northeast.
I don't recall seeing anything about West of the Rockies-maybe in later storylines?

garhkal
October 26th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Well we saw a look at 4 of the main areas.. the plains nations, texas, the midwest (philly, illinois, michigan etc) and the deep south (alabama, mississippi, georga)..

I would love to see what colorado, ca, seatle, etc are like.

LoneStar1836
October 26th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Well we saw a look at 4 of the main areas.. the plains nations, texas, the midwest (philly, illinois, michigan etc) and the deep south (alabama, mississippi, georga)..

I would love to see what colorado, ca, seatle, etc are like.Yeah what is California doing over there with Governor Affleck. lol. I assumed when which ever character (Randall Flynn I think) said that, they were implying Ben Affleck. :D

The winters would have really been thinning the herd. Obviously they stay away from showing it because of filming, but in all honesty I don't see why people would really be populating the areas of North America that have harsh winters other than the hardcore people who know how to prepare for and survive that. Most would have migrated south or to the west coast by this point, imo. Don't see why more people weren't migrating south because of the harsh control of the Monroe Militia.

VampyreWraith
October 26th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Turned out the show was watchable and kinda addicting. Certainly not a masterpiece of writing or acting but good enough to entertain.

That's basically how I feel about the series. I think it's a fun series and I find it entertaining.

Last ep of season 1 I am rather mad they killed Nora. :mckay: The one strong female character and actor on the show I liked.

I really liked Nora too. I wasn't happy about Nora's death either, especially since it seemed like she was killed off just so they could more easily focus on the relationship between Miles and Rachel(and I'm sure they wanted a major character death for the season finale too). I really like both Miles and Rachel, but I'm really not a fan of their romantic pairing(which seemed to come out of nowhere in the second half of the first season). Not that I cared that much for Miles/ Nora; I just liked it better than Miles/Rachel.

Spimman
October 27th, 2013, 07:29 PM
One thing they haven't addressed on the show yet that I would like to see, but- they've so far worked around-is how these societies get along in the harsh winters without modern electricity, ect. The Northern half of the US and most of Canada can have very harsh winters.
Maybe that would be too hard to film so they've stayed away from it.
Surely that would impact traveling around especially in the Plains States and Northeast.
I don't recall seeing anything about West of the Rockies-maybe in later storylines?

People survived in Northern climates for thousands of years before electricity. Keeping warm in the winter is easy and quite low tech. Insulate the house, have a fire place, use blankets at night, that is all.

Keeping cool in the hot summers is the hard part.

garhkal
October 27th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Most would have migrated south or to the west coast by this point, imo. Don't see why more people weren't migrating south because of the harsh control of the Monroe Militia.

Well, remembering some of the S1 eps they did indicate that border controls were in place to prevent those 'exoduses'..

LoneStar1836
October 28th, 2013, 04:29 PM
I really liked Nora too. I wasn't happy about Nora's death either, especially since it seemed like she was killed off just so they could more easily focus on the relationship between Miles and Rachel(and I'm sure they wanted a major character death for the season finale too). I really like both Miles and Rachel, but I'm really not a fan of their romantic pairing(which seemed to come out of nowhere in the second half of the first season). Not that I cared that much for Miles/ Nora; I just liked it better than Miles/Rachel. Oh I get why they killed her...to pair off Miles with Rachel :mckay:...but I liked her for her. Didn't need her paired off with anyone. And as far as the women actors go, she was the best one. Don't particularly like the one playing Charlie and Elizabeth Mitchell is hit and miss for me.

People survived in Northern climates for thousands of years before electricity. Keeping warm in the winter is easy and quite low tech. Insulate the house, have a fire place, use blankets at night, that is all.

Keeping cool in the hot summers is the hard part.Staying warm not that big of a problem. I think more about how much preparation you need to do for having enough food. Not exactly a skill a lot of people have. Longer growing seasons in the south. After 15 years obviously the people still living in such areas have learned how to do so, but in the early years, I'd think people would have been migrating to less harsh climates.

Well, remembering some of the S1 eps they did indicate that border controls were in place to prevent those 'exoduses'..Missed that bit, but still don't see how they would have enough people working for the MM to enforce any kind of border.

VampyreWraith
October 28th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Oh I get why they killed her...to pair off Miles with Rachel :mckay:...but I liked her for her. Didn't need her paired off with anyone. And as far as the women actors go, she was the best one. Don't particularly like the one playing Charlie and Elizabeth Mitchell is hit and miss for me.

Yeah, she didn't need to be relationship with anyone. She was a good character, and I liked the way the actress played her too. The actress playing Charlie isn't bothering me as much this season. I've liked Elizabeth Mitchell in all the roles I've seen her in(though I found her character a bit annoying at times in V).

Starfist
October 29th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Revoultion (Season 1) is now available on DVD here in the UK.

Perelandra
October 31st, 2013, 07:10 AM

Keeping cool in the hot summers is the hard part.

Yes very true! People from modern times would have had to re-learn how to do that(survive the cold) all over again. I think travel would be more difficult-they'd have to stay put.
True about the summers. The American Southwest wasn't largely populated until after the discovery of air-conditioning.
And:
I agree with the others I wasn't happy about Nora's death, either. I also liked her better than either Charlie or Elizabeth. She didn't need to be paired up with Miles, either. They easily could have kept her but I suppose they wanted a major character death.

garhkal
October 31st, 2013, 02:49 PM
So did they kill Monroe, or just make it look like he died (and that's why mommy dearest is now unburying him??

Coco Pops
November 13th, 2013, 04:47 PM
But how did the founding fathers run America without electricity and yet they didn't fall over or the government collapse did it?

And question with spoilers

And how is it that since the blackout stared in the present day how did we manage to invent super advanced nanites and magic medelallions that can control them?

I'd like to know who invented this stuff and why? magic nanites and stuff geez.......

jelgate
November 13th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Um we can build nanities now

Coco Pops
November 13th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Um we can build nanities now

But not with the level of functionality in the show..... ..

If that's the case where are my medical nanobots I want that

jelgate
November 14th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Sure they do. Just not for the general public

Coco Pops
November 14th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Sure they do. Just not for the general public

Hmmmmmmmm

garhkal
November 14th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Those nanites were what MADE the blackout, not were made after. Also so were those medallions.

Coco Pops
November 15th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Those nanites were what MADE the blackout, not were made after. Also so were those medallions.

I know and they are one of the many things that I can't just blindly accept..... Made here now in the present day when the blackout started. I don't buy it.

garhkal
November 16th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Could you "Buy" how easily our scientists in SGA/SG1/SGU learned alien technology? How quickly we were able to adapt their tech for our own?

Coco Pops
November 17th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Could you "Buy" how easily our scientists in SGA/SG1/SGU learned alien technology? How quickly we were able to adapt their tech for our own?

No.......... but I knew Stargate was a scifi adventure so I cut it a lot of slack...

What genre is Revolution trying to fit into?

jelgate
November 17th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Um Revolution is science fiction

garhkal
November 17th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Scifi drama/action.

ZRFTS
November 24th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Okay... We need actual discussion here; since the last episode had something interesting I figured I would discuss about it but turns out there's barely any threads here. Not only that but the AV Club comments aren't providing the discussion that I need; I want to know who the nanites will turn to next and what Spring City, Oklahoma means to the nanites but I can't do that because there's barely any activity.

So come on, start threads; be a revolutionary!

garhkal
November 24th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Who knows.. Maybe the AI is acting like a kid, and want's to experience all sorts of things..

VampyreWraith
November 25th, 2013, 05:52 AM
I've never started a thread lol. I just always feel really weird about starting them. We can discuss things in the episode threads though, there doesn't need to be a separate thread for everything.

LtColCarter
November 26th, 2013, 06:10 AM
I'm baaaack! :D I'm enjoying this season of Revolution so far. I sortta like "Super" Aaron! ;)

linux geek
January 14th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Is it just me or is Miles stating to act like O'Neil from stargate

garhkal
January 17th, 2014, 11:36 AM
I'm baaaack! :D I'm enjoying this season of Revolution so far. I sortta like "Super" Aaron! ;)

In a way yes, but i would also like them to explore the angle that may be others who helped make the programming might also be linked as Aaron is to the nanites.. His "Wife" already seems to be, via her seeing things, but has she gotten his regeneration or other powers?

LtColCarter
February 21st, 2014, 10:24 AM
Is it just me or is Miles stating to act like O'Neil from stargate

Never really noticed it, but I'll keep an watch for it.

ZRFTS
February 23rd, 2014, 09:42 AM
Well... The olympics are over; who's ready for the return of Revolution?

Looney
February 23rd, 2014, 07:32 PM
I am . . . and Blacklist . . . and Community . . . and Parks and Rec . . . and Grimm.

Coco Pops
February 23rd, 2014, 08:31 PM
The Blacklist makes me think of Alias everytime it's on and I just finished that series from 1st episode to last over 3 months.

Alias was fun in season 1 & 2 but season 3 onwards came the downward spiral into stupid. It got too far fetched at times but still was a fun show for the most part.

VampyreWraith
February 24th, 2014, 10:41 AM
So many shows are coming back or starting this week, I'm looking forward to the new ep on Wed.

Looney
February 24th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Oh yeah good point VampyreWraith. I forgot Hannibal starts up again this week after Grimm. That show has so many plot holes in it, but I keep watching. Bates Motel returns next week, but I don't think I'll be able to watch it. I saw season one on DVD. Does anyone know if it streams for free on Hulu or Amazon?

VampyreWraith
February 25th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Yep, Hannibal starts back up this Friday too. I love that show lol. I love the characters and the way the actors play them, and I love the whole look and tone of it. I don't remember there being many plot holes(or things that I would consider plot holes). I don't think Bates Motel going to stream for free on Amazon, but maybe on Hulu, I don't remember if it did last year(I watched it on tv). I know Vikings was on Hulu, because that's how I watched it.

Looney
February 25th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Most of the plot holes I saw in Season One with Hannibal have to do with all of the travel they do and moving bodies around and so on.

And things like Hannibal magically knowing Will would lose time when he was in Minnesota and regain it when he got home. And Hannibal magically being able to plant evidence on Will, although I hope that might be explained in Season Two. Like he some how drugged him or something.

VampyreWraith
February 28th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Regarding Hannibal

I don't consider the traveling a plothole. I think the show is just kind of bad at showing the passage of time(or transitioning between certain locations), especially when the characters are traveling between places that are nowhere near each other. Sometimes it seems that only a few hours have passed in the episode, but then a character says something or something else would be happening that would imply it was days(or definitely more than a few hours) that passed. I'm not sure if that's the kind of travel issues you're talking about though. I don't remember anything too unexplainable/implausible with the bodies, except maybe the totem pole of bodies I guess.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly(and I don't remember specifics), but towards the end of the season, Will was loosing time or out of it a lot. Hannibal knew that, so I think it was more a matter of him knowing that Will would loose time eventually, and taking advantage of it after the fact, rather than him knowing exactly when/where it would happen. It might have been a bit convenient for Hannibal that Will was out of it when he was, but I don't consider that type of thing a plot hole, and they also probably haven't explained some things yet.

Looney
May 9th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Canceled! :(

http://insidetv.ew.com/

jelgate
May 9th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Expected this to happen.

VampyreWraith
May 9th, 2014, 11:22 AM
:(
I'm disappointed since I really enjoyed the show, but not at all surprised that it was canceled.

Coco Pops
May 9th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Wow suburgatory canceled.... I love that show

Perelandra
May 10th, 2014, 09:40 AM
I, too, am disappointed since I enjoyed the show but I'm also not surprised. I hope we don't get left with a cliffhanger

Skydiver
May 10th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Yeah, not surprised but I agree, hope there's on massive cliffie.

generaloneill
May 11th, 2014, 05:25 AM
I'm surprised by the cancellation Revolution was finally getting good though it could have done without Aaron's ex being possessed that was a boring story hasn't the nano got better things to do than find out what pizza tastes like.

I read on Revolution's facebook page that JJ Abrams was involved and that everything he's been involved with has ended up cancelled or being very bad, Lost from what i hear was very bad, Alcatraz ended up cancelled after 1 season though that was most likely due to the show being shown on the channel Watch that my tv service provider doesn't provide which most people most likely didn't watch due to it being on a little known channel, i hadn't heard of Watch prior to Alcatraz being made.

JJ Abrams has ruined Star Trek for me, Into Darkness sucked and he's most likely going to do more to ruin Star Wars that George Lucas ever could, good thing JJ Abrams wasn't involved with The X-Files or it would have been cancelled after one episode, same goes for the 3 Stargate series.

Most likely it was bad ratings that was the kiss of death to Revolution, the bigwigs need to start taking into account the people that record and watch it later and people who watch it online, if they did that then Revolution and Stargate Universe might have gotten a third season.

jelgate
May 11th, 2014, 03:52 PM
I'm surprised by the cancellation Revolution was finally getting good though it could have done without Aaron's ex being possessed that was a boring story hasn't the nano got better things to do than find out what pizza tastes like.

I read on Revolution's facebook page that JJ Abrams was involved and that everything he's been involved with has ended up cancelled or being very bad, Lost from what i hear was very bad, Alcatraz ended up cancelled after 1 season though that was most likely due to the show being shown on the channel Watch that my tv service provider doesn't provide which most people most likely didn't watch due to it being on a little known channel, i hadn't heard of Watch prior to Alcatraz being made.

JJ Abrams has ruined Star Trek for me, Into Darkness sucked and he's most likely going to do more to ruin Star Wars that George Lucas ever could, good thing JJ Abrams wasn't involved with The X-Files or it would have been cancelled after one episode, same goes for the 3 Stargate series.

Most likely it was bad ratings that was the kiss of death to Revolution, the bigwigs need to start taking into account the people that record and watch it later and people who watch it online, if they did that then Revolution and Stargate Universe might have gotten a third season.
They do. But to be honest these people are in the minority

garhkal
May 12th, 2014, 01:04 PM
And since when has being in the minority made our views any less worthy of being taken into account?

jelgate
May 12th, 2014, 01:11 PM
And since when has being in the minority made our views any less worthy of being taken into account?

I never said they weren't. But this idea that online viewing and DVR is changing TV and that the ratings system is outdated is a myth.