Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

so where do you think season 2 will take place? Still in our world or back to their very primitive existence in Fantasyland?

BTW I wanted to make a poll but there is no polling option.
    Our 'real' world?
    65.22%
    Fairy Tale Land
    17.39%
    Other
    17.39%
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

I'm thinking they'll go for the juxtaposition of having real people in fairy tail land, but with memory of who they used to be.

that or in the real world but with magic
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I read a few comments on OUAT's discussion site, and a possibility is that
      Spoiler:
      Emma ends up in FTL or one of the other fantasy / fairy tale stories, after entering a portal thru the Library.

Not sure how true that is, but I can see how that can dragged out for a season or more.

Comment

Hmm... I think Emma would do all in her power to get back to our world if she ends up in Fantasyland I just don't picture her getting used to primitive medieval lifestyle and for that matter I cannot picture Henry himself getting used to it and giving up portable videogames and the internet. In fact that's the mayor problem with this scenario. All the fairy tale characters have gotten used to modern amenities and going back to a more primitive existence is unimaginable unless some of them crave the Amish lifestyle and for the looks of it none of them do. I think that our world and theirs may not be separate worlds at all but maybe a long distant past now just remembered as legends and folklore. It makes far more sense...

BTW: Who added the poll? I know it wasn't me as there is no polling option available (at least to regular members anyway)
        The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

Comment

I think if they have a choice most might want to stay in the modern world if they can reunite with their loved ones. It would be hard to return to a primitive lifestyle. Our world has many problems, but hey they've got just as many in FTL what with ogres and trolls and people using magic for evil. FTL didn't seem all that happy to me.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
            I think if they have a choice most might want to stay in the modern world if they can reunite with their loved ones. It would be hard to return to a primitive lifestyle. Our world has many problems, but hey they've got just as many in FTL what with ogres and trolls and people using magic for evil. FTL didn't seem all that happy to me.
            No in fact FTL seems as troubled and as dangerous as our world but more primitive on the other hand if magic is brought into this world running in tandem with Science the possibility of the abuse of both increases dramatically.

Comment

Bringing magic into this world could lead to some interesting plots. But in an interview with Adam and Edward, the creators of this show,
              Spoiler:
              we need to remember about all those other doors in the Mad Hatter's hat

Caution, spoilers in interview
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                Bringing magic into this world could lead to some interesting plots. But in an interview with Adam and Edward, the creators of this show,
                Spoiler:
                we need to remember about all those other doors in the Mad Hatter's hat

Caution, spoilers in interview

Yes but they do pose the question as whether or not if the curse is lifted would they return to FTL and for all intended purposes the writers rejected the idea simply saying magic comes with a price, I think they very much remain in this world but magic and the doors to other worlds are bust wide open with consequences for the whole world and not just Storybrooke anymore.

Comment

I'm thinking we'll continue to jump between fairy tale back stories while in actual time we're on Earth. That being said, Earth may be changing...
                  sigpic

Comment

I added the poll. anytime a thread creator wants a poll they just need to report a post in the thread and ask for it. and if the mods agree - we do most of the time - we'll add one.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                      I'm thinking we'll continue to jump between fairy tale back stories while in actual time we're on Earth. That being said, Earth may be changing...
                      As long as they introduce fairy tale characters they will undoubtedly continue with the Fantasyland flashbacks that's not in question. But with magic set loose upon our world also sets out lots of possibilities. I'm surprised to have found fans in a OUAT fan forums that cannot accept the idea and think that the Fairy Tale characters were never brought to our world as the show's premise suggests but simply to a separate world that has no magic.

Comment

ooh, what about this....the magic comes to the 'real' world....and leaves FTL? In other words, there's only enough magic for one world.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          ooh, what about this....the magic comes to the 'real' world....and leaves FTL? In other words, there's only enough magic for one world.
                          That could be a possibility. It's their world and ours truly separate though? We do have their stories told since time immemorial all the Grimms did is collect the stories they had heard and placed them on their book. If theirs is a separate alternate reality from the distant past i cannot help but wonder how their alternate reality would look in the present day. Would they have developed technology as we have? Would they have a weird combination of magic and science like in Baum's land of Oz?

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                            That could be a possibility. It's their world and ours truly separate though? We do have their stories told since time immemorial all the Grimms did is collect the stories they had heard and placed them on their book. If theirs is a separate alternate reality from the distant past i cannot help but wonder how their alternate reality would look in the present day. Would they have developed technology as we have? Would they have a weird combination of magic and science like in Baum's land of Oz?
                            From what we have seen, FTL and our world run parallel. They left FTL land due to the curse 28 years before Emma's 28th birthday. They have been in our world for 28 years. So...they were not in the past, but a parallel world.

In 28 years how much would have changed?

Instead of science they had magic. Not everyone used magic, but still.

On topic: They are going to stay in our world in Storybrooke, but could they now leave? Is the magic that is coming back only restricted to Storybrooke as the curse was? Or will it spill over the world?

For production reasons, they already built the sets of the town, it would be financially unfeasible for them to discard those sets and have all the actors in FTL which is a mix of sets, CGI background, and woods.

Comment

has it been explained why the curse equaled everyone being sent to another realm that was without magic or their memories? was purpose or advantage would be taken from this?
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X