PDA

View Full Version : Season 5 Speculations/Predictions/Discussion

LtColCarter
May 11th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Ok...we got a 5th season coming up. Lets start the discussions/predictions. Of course, where appropriate, please use spoiler tags!

the fifth man
May 12th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I can't wait for Season 5. With how great the Season 4 finale was, I can't wait to see what they have in store for us with Fringe's final 13 episodes.

Tanith0709
May 12th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Well based on what September said at the end of the season 4 finale, I think that we will see the beginnings of the Observers invading the present.

If it was me I would set some episodes in the present and others in the future until they eventually meet up. Thinking that we will see the events leading up-to Walter, Astrid, Peter, Bell etc being encased in Amber and other episodes continuing on from where "Letters of Transit" left off (where we rotate between the 2, kind of like like they did with 'over-here' and 'over-there' episodes).

the fifth man
May 13th, 2012, 10:07 AM
That scenario would work for me.

Ian-S
May 13th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Yup that's what I hope we end up with too.

Obviously the final scene of the "present time" series is them encasing themselves in Amber, but it's what happens in between that will be interesting to work out.

I expect we will get a "....3 Years later" time jump in Episode 1 though.

LtColCarter
May 14th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Well based on what September said at the end of the season 4 finale, I think that we will see the beginnings of the Observers invading the present.

If it was me I would set some episodes in the present and others in the future until they eventually meet up. Thinking that we will see the events leading up-to Walter, Astrid, Peter, Bell etc being encased in Amber and other episodes continuing on from where "Letters of Transit" left off (where we rotate between the 2, kind of like like they did with 'over-here' and 'over-there' episodes).

That sounds good, but with a shortened season...would the writers have time to effectively pull off a season like that?

magictrick
May 14th, 2012, 05:50 AM
That sounds good, but with a shortened season...would the writers have time to effectively pull off a season like that?

The writers have said that they know exactly how the story will play out and the shortened season isn't an issue.

LtColCarter
May 14th, 2012, 07:29 AM
The writers have said that they know exactly how the story will play out and the shortened season isn't an issue.

That I know...but I'm talking about Tanith's prediction of bouncing back and forth between universes, etc.

Tanith0709
May 14th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Possibly if they don't do much in the way of Filler episodes/situations and do a continuous arc. Think of it this way, in that scenario it would allow 6 'present-day' episodes, 6 'future' episodes and a finale.

The length of an episode of Fringe tends to be around the 42 minute mark.
6 episodes of 42 minutes is equal to around 4.2 hours which is almost double the length of time of a typical film. It could be done, though that would mean that practically every episode in the season would end in a cliffhanger of some-kind (until the resolution in the finale).

LtColCarter
May 14th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Possibly if they don't do much in the way of Filler episodes/situations and do a continuous arc. Think of it this way, in that scenario it would allow 6 'present-day' episodes, 6 'future' episodes and a finale.

6 episodes of 42 minutes is equal to around 4.2 hours which is almost double the length of time of a typical film. It could be done, though that would mean that practically every episode in the season would end in a cliffhanger of some-kind (until the resolution in the finale).

I could see that working.

I have faith that the writers will give us a good ending to the series. I don't feel that they've let us down yet.

Mrja84
May 15th, 2012, 08:38 AM

Wouldn't that risk Fox cutting off the rest of the episodes if ratings don't improve? I imagine in that scenario ratings would drop due to people not able to catch up what happened previously.

LtColCarter
May 15th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Wouldn't that risk Fox cutting off the rest of the episodes if ratings don't improve? I imagine in that scenario ratings would drop due to people not able to catch up what happened previously.

It really doesn't matter. There are only 13 episodes this season...Its just to wrap up 4th season.

the fifth man
May 15th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I will treasure every one of these 13 final episodes.

Mrja84
May 16th, 2012, 06:18 AM
It really doesn't matter. There are only 13 episodes this season...Its just to wrap up 4th season.

Well it does matter. Will Fox continue to air the episodes if it falls below their expectations? The show still needs to be accessible to new viewers and not be confusing to fans. So yeah, I think it does matter. Cause I want all 13 episodes (maybe more) and no less.

LtColCarter
May 16th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Well it does matter. Will Fox continue to air the episodes if it falls below their expectations? The show still needs to be accessible to new viewers and not be confusing to fans. So yeah, I think it does matter. Cause I want all 13 episodes (maybe more) and no less.

Doubt if you'll get more. Even though I love Fringe....we're lucky to have gotten a 4th season (based on ratings) and exceptionally lucky to have the 13 episodes that we do have coming. I highly doubt that the writers or actors will stop their top notch jobs for the last 13 episodes. However, as the show has progressed...it has been difficult to just pick it up without having to go back and play catch up. So, I don't foresee any ratings drop from the previously mentioned scenario. As an article said at the beginning of season 4...Fox didn't expect Fringe's audience to grow this year...and I think they're going into next season with the same mentality.

unknown_k
May 16th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Fringe ratings would have to drop realy bad for FOX to cancel it before the 13 episodes are aired. Its not like they need filler episodes or setup to explain what will happen in the next season.

If anything a whole new theme might get some new viewers who don't need to know all of what happened in the last 4 seasons to enjoy the show. I expect more action and crazy experiments in season 5, which is what casual users like anyway.

LtColCarter
May 16th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Fringe ratings would have to drop realy bad for FOX to cancel it before the 13 episodes are aired. Its not like they need filler episodes or setup to explain what will happen in the next season.

If anything a whole new theme might get some new viewers who don't need to know all of what happened in the last 4 seasons to enjoy the show. I expect more action and crazy experiments in season 5, which is what casual users like anyway.

Whatever we get, I'm confident that Fringe will deliver some awesomeness!!! :D

the fifth man
May 16th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Whatever we get, I'm confident that Fringe will deliver some awesomeness!!! :D

I am confident in that as well.:)

Mrja84
May 17th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Fox didn't expect Fringe's audience to grow this year...and I think they're going into next season with the same mentality.

I didn't realize the audience grew. I'm just hoping it continues in that direction and does not falter. I am not concern with quality as much as I am the reception of the episodes. I want Fringe to go out on a high note ratings wise.

Who knows maybe if the audience continues to grow then they could extend the back order. But I just want the show to continue to do well enough that at least the 13 episode order doesn't change.

LtColCarter
May 17th, 2012, 08:37 AM
I didn't realize the audience grew. I'm just hoping it continues in that direction and does not falter. I am not concern with quality as much as I am the reception of the episodes. I want Fringe to go out on a high note ratings wise.

Who knows maybe if the audience continues to grow then they could extend the back order. But I just want the show to continue to do well enough that at least the 13 episode order doesn't change.

I didn't say that the audience grew...Fox didn't expect it to...and it really didn't which is evident by the ratings.

Anyway...lets get back to the speculations about what's going to happen next season.

magictrick
May 18th, 2012, 07:48 AM
I didn't say that the audience grew...Fox didn't expect it to...and it really didn't which is evident by the ratings.

Anyway...lets get back to the speculations about what's going to happen next season.

The Observers are going to invade :P

the fifth man
May 19th, 2012, 06:35 PM
The Observers are going to invade :P

And it is going to be awesome.:)

Ian-S
May 20th, 2012, 05:34 PM
and Bell's going to do something to Olivia, and they'll encase themselves in Amber to save the world.

There you go, saves us watching it...

On second thoughts...

Tanith0709
May 20th, 2012, 07:53 PM
and Bell's going to do something to Olivia
Technically the thing they referred to in the future could be about when Bell used Olivia in an attempt to destroy both universes.

Though someone must of happened to her since she wasn't in the amber with the others.

LtColCarter
May 20th, 2012, 08:43 PM
I just wonder if being encased in Amber will happen at all.

Mrja84
May 21st, 2012, 11:05 AM
I just wonder if being encased in Amber will happen at all.

Is it going to be like the Season 3 finale, where tine travel is involved and prevents them from ambering themselves or they clone themselves or return from the future after they amber themselves...I dunno.

If they stay in the future for a good chunk of season 5, then I imagine it could be costly in terms of production.

the fifth man
May 21st, 2012, 05:35 PM
I truly expect these final 13 episodes to be some of Fringe's best yet.

LtColCarter
May 21st, 2012, 05:43 PM
Is it going to be like the Season 3 finale, where tine travel is involved and prevents them from ambering themselves or they clone themselves or return from the future after they amber themselves...I dunno.

If they stay in the future for a good chunk of season 5, then I imagine it could be costly in terms of production.

Or we could just fend off the Observers in 13 episodes...so no Amber or time travel needed! ;)

Tanith0709
May 22nd, 2012, 08:03 PM
Or we could just fend off the Observers in 13 episodes...so no Amber or time travel needed! ;)

They would need something to explain/relate to the events that occurred in "Letters of Transit". I doubt that they will just pretend that episode never happened :p

LtColCarter
May 23rd, 2012, 08:51 AM
They would need something to explain/relate to the events that occurred in "Letters of Transit". I doubt that they will just pretend that episode never happened :p

I doubt it as well...but it could always be said that changes in the past timeline led to different results. Was the bridge between the two universes still open in "Letters of Transit?"

shockwave
May 28th, 2012, 01:59 AM
Fringe is the best scifi series on TV right now, but I hope that with there only being 13 eps season 5 won't have these bad filler episodes

LtColCarter
May 28th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Fringe is the best scifi series on TV right now, but I hope that with there only being 13 eps season 5 won't have these bad filler episodes

I don't think they will let us down...

the fifth man
May 28th, 2012, 06:10 PM
I don't think they will let us down...

Neither do I. They have my complete confidence.

LtColCarter
May 28th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Neither do I. They have my complete confidence.

Mine as well. Fringe, IMHO, has always been top notch. I don't see why they'd stray from what they've been doing for the past four years.

Mrja84
May 29th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I think we are going to learn more about the Observers. Since the Observers are a possible future where they removed themselves form the timeline so they could observe.

Maybe these enemy Observers are a separate timeline where they became power-hungry and/or gluttonous. Given from Letters in Transit where it is rumored they "ruined" their Earth and went back in time to continue.

My problem is if these enemy Observers are from the same timeline as us and not removed then they are disrupting their own existence, which I know has been brought up before. So what do they gain from doing this?

I sense we will learn a connection Bell has with someone from the future (or a future) since he had knowledge beyond us. But I don't think it was the enemy Observers because didn't September say the actions of the Season 4 finale got the attention of the others? And if so, who was Bell interacting with for that advanced technology.

maylet
June 1st, 2012, 03:10 AM

Well, according to Joel (one of the show runners) we will see both the present time and the future time. He also said (on his twitter) that all episodes will be important, we won't have fill up episodes this season because the season is going to be a short one

the fifth man
June 1st, 2012, 01:32 PM
If that is the case, I look forward to that. I want to see it play out like that.

LtColCarter
June 2nd, 2012, 03:12 PM
Well, according to Joel (one of the show runners) we will see both the present time and the future time. He also said (on his twitter) that all episodes will be important, we won't have fill up episodes this season because the season is going to be a short one

Well, this is a good bit of news!

TennisMennis
June 3rd, 2012, 11:58 AM
I'm confident the 13 episodes will be more than plenty to wrap this up. Many TV shows, like Dexter and Dr Who, are only 13 episodes, so I'm grateful it got renewed for the 5th.

I'm sure Peter and Olivia will get engaged/married just like John and Aeryn did. :)

the fifth man
June 3rd, 2012, 06:16 PM
I truly believe that these last 13 episodes should be some of Fringe's finest yet.

LtColCarter
June 4th, 2012, 06:05 AM
I'm confident the 13 episodes will be more than plenty to wrap this up. Many TV shows, like Dexter and Dr Who, are only 13 episodes, so I'm grateful it got renewed for the 5th.

I'm sure Peter and Olivia will get engaged/married just like John and Aeryn did. :)

But you have to remember...in Dexter...there are no commercials.

Ian-S
June 7th, 2012, 04:56 PM
It's still 9 hours for the 13 episodes, plenty time to wrap up the storylines.

the fifth man
June 7th, 2012, 05:31 PM
It's still 9 hours for the 13 episodes, plenty time to wrap up the storylines.

I believe they will wrap up what they wanted to. I have complete faith in them.

LtColCarter
June 9th, 2012, 07:20 AM
I believe they will wrap up what they wanted to. I have complete faith in them.

:indeed:

the fifth man
June 9th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Based on what has come before, I have no reason to doubt TPTB.

Mrja84
June 11th, 2012, 08:10 AM

I hope not, there's no need for a rushed wedding. Besides, I have doubts there will be a happy ending

the fifth man
June 11th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I hope for a somewhat happy ending.

LtColCarter
June 12th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I hope for a somewhat happy ending.

As am I.

techs
November 13th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Interesting theory on whats going to happen. After the Through the Looking Glass episode:

Peter is being turned into an Observer by the tech he put in his head. And not just any Observer. Peter is going to be....September!

the fifth man
November 13th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I personally don't see that happening.

techs
November 17th, 2012, 06:29 AM
I personally don't see that happening.
Well, Peter is apparently going baldie.

Ian-S
November 18th, 2012, 05:58 PM
No, September is another character we've already seen (so the theory goes).

September is the little boy that was hidden in the bubble universe, they both have the same mark above their noses apparently, so that's either a major coincidence when casting, or a major clue as to the boys identity. (you have to go back to the original episode the little boy was introduced in to see it, it's in the last scene when the little boy looks at September from the car).

techs
November 19th, 2012, 05:12 AM

September is the little boy that was hidden in the bubble universe, they both have the same mark above their noses apparently, so that's either a major coincidence when casting, or a major clue as to the boys identity. (you have to go back to the original episode the little boy was introduced in to see it, it's in the last scene when the little boy looks at September from the car).
I will have to go back and watch that.

Hmm. I didn't notice the mark.

That doesn't negate your theory, though.

the fifth man
November 19th, 2012, 07:16 PM

I really like this theory.

Ian-S
November 20th, 2012, 06:50 PM
I haven't rewatched the episode since it aired but remember thinking at the time their looks were very similar, I'm not sure that it's a mark but maybe more of a patch, kinda hard to explain when I haven't rewatched lol. Could just have been a makeup mark though.