Good episode but problem with the ending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good episode but problem with the ending

So at the end, weir goes to deep cold space and radios back that it is ok to come over so the other replicators start coming over. BUT here is the main problem - they are not all coming through the gate at the same time.!!!

Since they are going through one by one - the first one through will radio back ASAP to not come over as its a trap. At least several will catch on and not go through and go into offensive mode. So this I thought wasn't well done.

I felt also that they should've gone in a jumper later to either pick up weir and put her in virtual reality or put everyone into a secure cryostorage or dropped them into a sun or someone permanently destroyed them with an ARG. Leaving them in the open near a space gate means they can still come back to life like Niam. Poorly executed at the end. Weirs story should be concluded, not left "open" for the thousandth time. I hate this aspect of scifi shows - if a char dies it should stay dead

Originally posted by fani View Post
    Since they are going through one by one - the first one through will radio back ASAP to not come over as its a trap. At least several will catch on and not go through and go into offensive mode. So this I thought wasn't well done.
    The impression I had was that each one was too stunned by what had happened to process and send back a warning before becoming frozen.

Originally posted by fani View Post
    I felt also that they should've gone in a jumper later to either pick up weir and put her in virtual reality or put everyone into a secure cryostorage or dropped them into a sun or someone permanently destroyed them with an ARG. Leaving them in the open near a space gate means they can still come back to life like Niam. Poorly executed at the end. Weirs story should be concluded, not left "open" for the thousandth time. I hate this aspect of scifi shows - if a char dies it should stay dead
    Where are space gates? They orbit planets. Eventually, the frozen Asuran survivors will fall out of orbit and burn up in the atmosphere. Really, the only ones to find them will be the Wraith, and they won't chance waking them any more than the Atlantis Expedition would. As for Weir, I agree... why not bring her back? They can't clone her and download her consciousness from the android nanite body back into a human body? Ultimately, the reason why Weir's story ends on a whimper is because it wasn't meant to be the end. There were plans for a sixth season, and Weir's story is one that would have continued for at least one more episode. When the show was cancelled, "Enemy at the Gate" doubled as both a 100th episode season finale special AND as a series finale.

For me, the fate of Weir nags far more than anything else left unresolved.

Comment

Though it makes me wonder, would any of them have survived said re-entry?

Comment

Going by "Outsiders," nope.

Comment

Working...
        X